Riverside Medical Center Employee Reviews

Riverside = Family
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 13, 2016
There is a great sense of teamwork at Riverside. Everyone collaborates to provide the highest quality and best outcomes for the patients. The administrators and departments work very closely together for this common goal. Riverside is a very progressive organization and I really enjoy being part of its continuing growth.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, REACH Health/Fitness Program, Riverside hosts great events for employees
Poor administration
Riverside slave (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalApril 5, 2016
Money hungry, politically fueled administration, does not care about employees, management, or patients. You are all a number. I'm a Riverside employee who pays out of network benefits to go to st marys because I want my hard earned money to go to an organization that cares about me. Employees have their hours cut, or are told to do multiple people's jobs because admin wants to save some money and will not refill positions when someone else can take on the work for less money. Refuse to pay overtime; have been asked to clock out but continue working so that my managers SMR reports look good. Morale is low. New computer system is a disaster. Was told to find a way to save department money or they will find someone else that will if I can't do it.
Pros
The little people are all in the same boat
Cons
Everything else
Was a good place to work
FT employee (Former Employee) –  Senior Living CampusMarch 19, 2016
I was there for many years and when the Senior Leadership started to shift/change you could see the vision change as well. I truly enjoyed over 10 years there but am glad I left as many of my co-workers stayed and now most have left because of Senior management. It's sad that employees who devoted many years of their lives no longer meant anything to the new Senior Management that came in. I actually listened to a Senior Leader screaming at an RN while in the front office and a family member was out in the hall and heard him. How humiliating. I have the utmost respect however for the CEO because he continues to make the organization thrive, despite the few bad apples that sit on his team.
Pros
good benefits, adaquate pay, great co-workers
Cons
lack of committment to long term employees
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2016
A great place to work, I enjoyed my time there. I learn so much there, Management and coworkers great group of people. I was not there for a long time,I would work there again.
Large employee turnover, clueless management
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIAugust 10, 2016
Poor management, most staff spent time talking, watching football and on phones/computers and not with patients! Too many want to be the boss, no one wants to do anything,
Pros
Pay was average.
Cons
No breaks in ER unless patient load allows, too many chiefs, nobody doing any real work
Enjoy working
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 28, 2016
My typical day work is very nice/clam/ laied back
I have learned so much about everything
Management is wonderful
Love my co-workers
There is nothing hard about my job
I love my job
Great place to work and plenty of areas to advance
Dietary Aide I (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901January 3, 2017
Most days were routine which was nice because you know what to do by time. I learned to work fast paced and satisfy patients. Co-workers were mostly around the same age which made work enjoyable because you can relate to one another.
Great work place!!
Pediatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2017
You definitely learn a lot here. The pay isn't great at all but the experience is. This facility will definitely train you well for any assignment out there.
Pros
Pay rate
They don't care about you and it shows
*** (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 15, 2015
Super top heavy organization that cares more about covering their *** and profit then safety or moral of its staff.

Bad insurance that changes for the worse every time the contract is up.

raises are not performance based, they add in blanket department pass/fail goals that are designed to be unachievable and in the few cases they are they raise the difficulty for the next yr.

They frequently use budget to buy one big fancy expense that looks good in an advertisement but never fix things appropriately or replace things that are broken exp. patient carts, IV poles, mayo stands
Pros
probably the highest pay locally
Cons
Stress induced shorter life span
tedious and repetitive work
Tray Line Supervisor, I (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 12, 2015
Food And Nutrition department is not a pleasurable place to work , but it is a job. Management only cares about keeping their bosses happy and maintaining their jobs. coworkers hate their job and are very open about it. pay is not good nor are the benefits. good job for a teenage high schooler looking for first time employment and a good reference. all appliances break often making job difficult to finish.
Pros
one paid 30 min break
Cons
short breaks, poor management
Internship Student
Hospital Health Administration Internship (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 7, 2015
I have only the highest praise for Riverside Medical Center, namely, senior leadership. They promote a culture of compassionate care to necessitate only the highest quality health outcomes.As an internship student and not an employee, I can say with confidence that employee satisfaction and morale is very high.
Pros
Excellent Organizational Structure
Cons
NA
excellent small community hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIJuly 2, 2016
excellent place to work and make the transition from long term care nurse to hospital nurse, able to develop medical surgical skills and emergency room nurse skills. staff were like a small community or family
My best employment experience
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 1, 2015
Most days were good ones, but as always in nursing someone always wants you to take just one or two more patients. The culture of healthcare is document, document, document. So that is where those unwanted additional hours of work add up and cut into "life balance". I feel my management staff was fair, and were doing a good job with the constant changes that were always being required. As a whole our department ran well, most people got along and if not were encouraged to find a way. Negativity was not tolerated.
Meeting new people.
Customer Service Assoc. /Tech (Former Employee) –  urKankakee, ILFebruary 16, 2016
Outpatient: Answering phones greeting patients helping prepare patients for surgery. stocking and cleaning area, transporting patients. Helping the nurses in recovery. Setting up the area for new patients. Monitoring vitals on patients. Translating for Spanish speaking patients in various areas of the hospital.
Patient Accounts: Working the ER department and collecting patient portions. Billing working copy fax and phones and Credit card machine.
Pros
Christmas Dinners and Thanksgiving Dinners
Productive work place
Utilization Review Specialist Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 3, 2016
I do love my job, and love my co-workers. We have grown to be family. The hardest part of my job is the conflict in which it can cause with the physicians at times, as they are often in disagreement with some status requirements. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction in doing something financially advantageous for the facility and the patient.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
not being able to work from home when needed
ED Psych Evaluator: Exposed and
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 25, 2016
As a Emergency Room Psychiatric Evaluator I was exposed to the Emergency Room and the Psychiatric Department together.

Made difficult decisions as I worked with ER Physicians, Psychiatrists, ER and Psych Nurses to develop plans that would benefit the patient and their family the best.
Pros
Highly Rewarding
Great place to work.
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMarch 1, 2015
Great Place to work at with benefits most companies no longer offer.
Great place to gain experience and also to advance.
If you work hard you can move up in positions rather fast.
Its hard work but its good work and dependable.
Pros
great insurance options
Rewarding and invaluable learning experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 9, 2015
Hospital - unit work. Typically the day consisted of routine patient admissions and discharges, assisting nursing staff and fielding calls to and from physicians. Occasionally patient census was quite heavy, requiring more prioritizing and multitasking - or the "code" situation would arise. Those occasions taught me to be alert and listen well because instructions were coming from multiple sources simultaneously. The hardest part of the job initially was deciphering physician written orders; that changed with the onset of automated order entry by the physicians themselves.

The opportunity to serve in a needed and appreciated position in healthcare was the most enjoyable. No two days were alike and there was much to learn.
Work was good and I enjoyed the work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 12, 2016
This was a hard place to work. People there liked to talk about each other behind their backs. I knew they did that to me and it was hard when you knew they were nice to your face but talked bad about you when you were not there.
Pros
Work was enjoyable.
Cons
People were hard to work with
Was a good working enviroment , good teamwork
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 2, 2015
I worked on a medical rehab unit . Manager for the unit was very considerate of her employees . She made you feel heard and that your opinion mattered.
I enjoyed the bond you were able to make with the patients with their time of stay and the structure of the unit.
Pros
Good management staff
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.