RIVERSIDE MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

exciting
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Bourbonnais, ILAugust 22, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: nothing
Riverside provides their residents with the upmost quality care. The employee's are very welcoming and dedicated. Riverside continuously train their employee's to provide better care to the residents.
care tech/ care associate (Current Employee), kankakee, ilAugust 19, 2015
Pros: manager
Cons: life balance
It's always a busy day and phones never stop ringing, team work can be a struggle at times, and sometimes it seems like you're not recognized for what you do.
Riverside medical
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), bourbonnais ilAugust 11, 2015
Riverside is a money Hungary hospital does not think of the patients managers treat you like dirt. Going in to er you wait for hours for poor service. Working here for over 8 years they don't stick up for you patients are always right even when wrong. They don't look out for here employees our insurance was bad too for being a hospital!!
A friendly and charismatic place to work.
Barista (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILJuly 30, 2015
At Riverside I feel respected and appreciated. I have been able to develop not only a strong relationship with my co-workers but my customers as well.
Internship Student
Hospital Health Administration Internship (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Excellent Organizational Structure
Cons: NA
I have only the highest praise for Riverside Medical Center, namely, senior leadership. They promote a culture of compassionate care to necessitate only the highest quality health outcomes.As an internship student and not an employee, I can say with confidence that employee satisfaction and morale is very high.
friendly work environment
student (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 23, 2015
Learned all jobs involved with processing medical records. Including patient registering, ROI, scanning medical records, auditing records, some coding, management report duties, record merging, and billing.
My best employment experience
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 1, 2015
Most days were good ones, but as always in nursing someone always wants you to take just one or two more patients. The culture of healthcare is document, document, document. So that is where those unwanted additional hours of work add up and cut into "life balance". I feel my management staff was fair, and were doing a good job with the constant changes that were always being required. As a whole our department ran well, most people got along and if not were encouraged to find a way. Negativity was not tolerated.
food service worker
Food Prep (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 12, 2015
Pros: very knowledgable staff
Cons: very strict
Fun filled atmospere with many challenges everyday. Filling customer orders are allways hard and it made it crazy sometimes.
Great place to work.
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great insurance options
Great Place to work at with benefits most companies no longer offer.
Great place to gain experience and also to advance.
If you work hard you can move up in positions rather fast.
Its hard work but its good work and dependable.
Extremely friendly place to work.
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee), Franklinton, LAFebruary 25, 2015
Riverside Medical Center is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. The doctors and management are top notch.
Depends on the job
Patient Access Associate II (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILFebruary 23, 2015
middle management is under fire from the directors to continually increase revenues. it has become a money hungry company.
Loved the work
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmospher while still maintaining porfessionalism.
Cons: not being able to leave the department for lunch breaks
The nature of the job keeps you on your toes while still maintaining scheduled worked. While completing the daily fills for the evening I've learned how to roll with the punches with interruptions from stat orders to trouble shooting accudose machines and assisting the nursing staff. Being part of the Pharmacy world a person is always learning and that is the best part for me.
Our Management team when I began was great. They had open door policy and communication was fantastic. Very comfortable. When I left the team fell apart for many reasons mostly due to outside life interfering.
Almost all of my co-workers were awesome team mates. The hardest part of my job was working with those co-works who could not see out department as a team.
The greatest part of my job was knowing that everything I did from the mundane to the emergencies help to save lives and gave me a sense of pride knowing I helped another person have a healthier life.
Great opportunities!
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Wonderful management and staff really worked as a team. Wide arrange of units to work for what ever your specialty. Wonderful opportunities to advance your knowledge
Eventful Place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILOctober 30, 2014
Pros: flexible day time hours
Cons: working weekends/holidays and on-call
Conduct daily and weekly quality control checks on cameras and dose calibrators and calculate, measure, and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed of; ensure safe administration. Intravenously administer radiopharmaceuticals or radiation to detect or treat diseases; utilize radioisotope equipment. Capture and produce quality photograhpic or computer images and record the results of all procedures while maintaining confidentiality. Process cardiac function studies. Ensure regulatory compliance.

• Provide influential leadership, coaching, and mentorship to a team of five employees and students and facilitated training programs to maximize knowledge and potential; delegated daily assignments
• Instrumental in the organization passing the April 2011 and July 2014 IEMA inspection; ensure strict quality control
• Created a new spreadsheet to compare radiopharmacy locations throughout the region; identified an opportunity for a more cost efficient solution and saved time which optimized care and timeliness
• Obtained patient medical histories, guided the choice of new diagnostic procedures, provided direct patient education, and positioned radiation fields, beams, and patients to ensure effective treatment
• Measured glandular activity, blood volume, and radioactivity of patients utilizing scanners, Geiger counters, scintillometers and other laboratory equipment; recorded key test results

Learned: Constructive communication is very important
Hardest Part of job: the work schedule
Most enjoyable: educating patients
Very clean an helpful place to work
volunteer (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILSeptember 19, 2014
One of the best jobs to work an learn more skills to enhance your resume.
ok
Tech (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILAugust 28, 2014
Good place to work. Great learning experience. Good for advancing career.
Team approach with great support from other
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: feeling safe with the support of others in doing your job
Cons: no having enough time with patient interaction with direct staff
Working with caring people who really care about their patients. Professional in interaction with others giving support, encouragement, safety, to their patients and the support of the family members. Everyone is hard workers no mater what shift people help out each other. Coming into work and with report you feel you are getting a good idea of what to expect from your patients or what their needs will be. Best is open communication to help with de-escalate any misunderstanding between patients and other staff as well. Working with a team approach and openness with our Psych doctors in learning as well as the care of their patients. Hardest part is not having enough time with patients as you may need due to hospital cuts for staff at times.
Rewarding work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Manteno, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: rewarding work and great co-workers
Cons: lack of supervisor concern and poor outlying building security
I love my job and the juveniles I work with for the most part, but lack of security in the building I work in in the evening has caused me stress and to look for another position. Also the lack of supervisor concern and cut hours/pay has added to the stress. If these 2 problems were taken care of I would never think of changing jobs. In general, I think Riverside is a great place to work and my issues are departmental.
Friendly staff
CNA (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 9, 2014
Nice place to work. Good people. Our unit there are many people that have worked there for a long time and you become a family. Enjoy what I do. Hard work but rewarding.
Riverside
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Kankakee, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: excellent healthcare benefits, excellent retirement fund, excellent nursing staff and ancillary staff, family- centered environment
Cons: short breaks, sometimes no breaks, short staffing, no benefits towards cafeteria, charge nurse with patients, no tech on night shift
Overall a pleasant place to work. Working night- shift is hard for job work/life balance no matter where you work, but most weeks I was able to schedule myself to accommodate my 'outside of work' life.

A typical day of work consisted of arriving about 10 minutes early to get ready for report, bedside report and introducing myself to my patients, usually setting up dinner trays, then passing medications, assessments, and documentation every two hours for a 12 hours shift. The types of patients varied depending on what types of patients happened to be on our unit. We received every kind of adult patient from CVOR CABG immediate recovery patients to stroke patients, detox patients to med/surg type ICU patients, ventilators, etc.

I learned a tremendous amount here, which was expected because I started out as a new grad RN, BSN. My co- workers were all fantastic, there is an excellent group of nurses and ancillary staff that work at Riverside. Management was encouraging and helpful most of the time. The hardest part of the job was the need for more nurses. During the winter months many of our nurses had to take turns taking three full ICU- type patients when our acuity called for only two. We would start out with two patients and have to take an admission, or we would start out with three and have to do a transfer or discharge, sometimes all three depending on the patient load. We often had nurses from other units 'floating' and 'pulled' to our unit taking patients or just helping out. Often being- short staffed made me feel overwhelmed and burnt out. Night- shift does not have – more... certified nursing assistants to help, and ancillary staff was also short staffed (with most nights only one lab tech or one x-ray/ CT tech for the whole shift). Also, Charge Nurses had to take a full load of patients in addition to charge duties.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to take care of, meet, and work with some pretty amazing people. The lessons I've learned and the good and bad memories I've made here will carry with me forever and have already shaped me as a nurse. – less