Riverside Medical Center Employee Reviews

A progressive hospital
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 15, 2017
Very busy, staffing is always an issue. Work place culture can be very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with patients. Most difficult part is keeping pace with the work load when short staffed.
Histotech
Histotechnologist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2017
The work day start off very busy, learned to deal with different types of tissue processors. Management was always fair. Hardest part of job was working short handed on some days
Pros
free lunch
Cons
more histotechs
student nurse
Nursing Capstone (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 24, 2017
My experience at Riverside was interesting and very rich.
i met very qualified staff and my instructors'team was up to the challenge. the management was great and the overall environment was joyful.
Poor Pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kankakee County, ILOctober 5, 2017
The job at riverside was hard and very stressful because they can be very low staffed. I also believe that with the work that is done there, the aides especially need more pay. The pay is horrible
fast paced
RN Float (Current Employee) –  sbhuSeptember 8, 2017
3 fair team approach, new unit was exciting peers and patients wonderful to work with. Fast paced environment and good means for education. The behavioral health area was a great area.
There are many great supervisors at RMC.
Emergency Preparedness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 31, 2017
My most recent supervisor only believed in advancement of nursing staff. I have had many great mentors, however, my most recent supervisor was not one of them.
Not a bad place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 28, 2017
Its is not a bad place to work but there is no room for advancement. the people are friendly, and the food we produced was not to my taste but fit for a hospital's liking.
Pros
free lunch with a budget of 7.5
Cons
no breaks between shifts, and they take the break time out of check.
Clinical experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 28, 2017
I was here for a clinical experience only. I am unable to give specific views and opinions on the facility or management. However the staff members were extremely helpful and took great care of the patients.
Great people to work with
Phlebotomist Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 26, 2017
I enjoyed my work at Riverside Hospital. I was very thankful for the opportunity they gave me I enjoyed all the people that I worked with, inside the lab and on the floor.
The jobs needs some improvement.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 21, 2017
Towards the end of my journey working here, I have lost trust in my management team. When I first started working at Riverside, I loved everything about my job. I loved the people I worked with. About 3 months after starting, I lost my mom to cancer and my Executive Chef and Director made sure I was alright. I was also in school and they worked with my schedule. Just a few months ago we got a new Director and our Executive Chef is no longer with us. The new team did not get to know the current staff. Trust was lost in the workplace and that is not an ideal environment for anyone.
Employee
Patient Transportation Representive (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 21, 2017
The employees at Riverside make the work place feel warm and welcoming. They have a really good volunteer service that allow the public to see if the medical field is their calling, or if being a support system works for one.
very clean and friendly place to work
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 19, 2017
liked job job day one,everybody from the doctors to nurses to employees are friendly and very polite.management is understanding meeting new people and patients is the best part of the job.Workplace culture is clean enjoyable
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
Riverside was a great opportunity for anyone trying to start a career in the medical field
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 16, 2017
I worked at Riverside Medical Center for 2 years on the Medical/Surgical unit. It was fast paced, very stressful, but also a great experience. I learned so much working there. I do not think CNA's are paid well enough for the amount of work they do, and they get little to no appreciation. I feel they are taken for granted and need to be recognized for the amount of work and hours they put into their day.
great
Certified Nursing Assistant-Med/Peds (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 1, 2017
Riverside Medical Center is a great company to work for.
I worked 3 days a week 12 hour shifts.
It can be very stressful at times and fast pace.
Staffing is an issue a lot too
My first job working with patient
Medical Assistant/Lead Interprter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2017
I was the lead interpreter, this helped me secure and learn more about my culture and language. The doctor I worked for encouraged growth. Best place to start.
I believe in the mission statement "Lorie comes first".
Phlebotomist/ Associate (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WI 54981June 23, 2017
I have enjoyed working for RMC/ThedaCare for the last 17 years. The company promotes employees to gain knowledge and experience throughout all aspects of their job. So thankful to have great managers as my mentors.
Pros
ThedaCare offers health and wellness programs, annual picnic, and rewards employees.
Cons
I love my job. The only con is my office has no windows.
It is a great place to work
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 21, 2017
The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. They are great at taking care of the patients. It is clean and very well managed. I would most definitely like to be an employee at Riverside again.
Workplace
Tray line Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 13, 2017
I love that job. i enjoyed working with the patients. i did my best to make sure i made them smile at least once and ensure their needs are met every day i worked with them.
Pros
patients
Cons
rude co workers
Great Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 10, 2017
Its a great place to gain valuable experience and skills. Positive environment to work in. Great and positive staff. It was a place that you could learn and grow.
Money Hungry, Unsafe Staffing Ratios, High Turnover, Short Staffed
RN (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJune 5, 2017
Please stay far away from this hospital. Management does not care about safe staffing ratios or the happiness of employees. Extremely high nurse to patient ratio that is very unsafe given the acuity of the patients. All that matters is the revenue. You are lucky if you have time for a 10 minute lunch break for a 12-13 hour shift. Extremely high turnover which does not seem to phase management. Employees are very unhappy and rude. Many doctors are unprofessional and rude. RN salary is very low compared to area hospitals and "benefits" are laughable.