Riverside Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great District
Substitute Teacher/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2017
This is a top 10 district in California. I have worked here for almost 3 years and love it. I have had several amazing opportunities and enjoy the culture and environment.
It was fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 20, 2017
The days were easy going, tutoring the kids was easy. The hardest part of the job was the occasional child that would get rowdy. Over all working there was fun.
Great place to work at
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2017
Its fun. There are many opportunities to advance in different fields within the school district. You also gain a sense of responsibility and you feel empowered working for the school district. You feel very appreciated.
Really exciting
CAMPUS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 10, 2017
I found that i was learning more from the children than i was teaching.But the lack of hrs per wk were very unsatisfying, the school trys to keep at min 2 hrs per day the advancement is well only if someone refers you. All in All its amazing working here was great
Pros
getting to know the children
Cons
not enough hrs
Learning Enviornment
Special Education Instructional Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2017
I learned a lot from working at RUSD. it was my stepping stone for my career path. Was able to work with a variety of professionals, and I learned many skills and strategies that came in handy in future jobs
here for the kids
Substitute Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
working for the school district is a great job especially since its for the city. great side job or for stay at home moms whos kids are in school. great way to be active with your childs school life
Pros
short shifts
Cons
alot of walking and standing
Wonderful District to work for
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 18, 2017
Riverside School District provided me a great experience in teaching in all different aspects and levels from K-12. It was truly an honor to be part of the teaching community.
Pros
Gained Teaching Experience
Fun workplace, interesting individuals
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 13, 2017
The job of a substitute doesn't allow you to get too attached to any particular school, student, or anyone for that matter. I think the job is perfect for someone who is able to adapt quickly.
Pros
Good pay
Great School district. challenging to students and teachers
Bilingual Transitional Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 29, 2017
Great academically and student oriented district with excellent programs for staff development and committed educators. Cogegial ambiance withing and among school sites.
Pros
Great schools, friendly and colegial, hig academic goals for students and cutting edge staff development
Cons
Long working hours
different every day, good for collage students
SEIA II Substitute (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92501June 28, 2017
there is no typical day at work because you hop from school to school without knowing what your getting into.

through this job I learned I had a passion for working with individuals with disabilities

"management" is essentially the different teachers you work under so its different every day.

there is no consistent culture

permanent staff who do not support their subs

working with kids
Pros
flexible
Cons
erratic
Great job for working mothers
Playground Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92501June 6, 2017
It was a good place to work but it needs to provide better training, better hours and better pay. It is also hard to advance . I have also tried to apply for many different positions and it is quite the process.
Good company, wants teachers and students to thrive
Middle School English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 3, 2017
RUSD is a good company to work for. Job security is somethin you don't have to worry about. There are opportunities for advancement. Through professional development opportunities I have learned a lot about technology. The work culture is very supportive. The collaboration with colleagues and those "aha" moments with students are the best parts of the job. We are a one to one school and I couldn't imagine not having technology in the classroom. The hardest part of the job is the out of control students who lack the motivation to learn.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, technology
Cons
Students who are unmotivated and behavior problems
Very rewarding work environment
Special Education teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 29, 2017
Every day is a new challenge.
Supervisors are concerned about the well-being of their employees.
Training is always offered.
You are given the opportunity to work with a variety of community resources.
Pros
possibilities for advancement and training
Cons
Great district to work for
Elementary Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2017
This district is supportive of their teachers. They provide extensive opportunities for professional development and growth. They are in the forefront in terms of curriculum and technology.
Great Place to work
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2017
Support from faculty and students alike. Loved to come to work and prepare materials. Clean classrooms and plenty of materials. Love the district. Wou
Pros
Great students
My Expereinces As a SPecial ed. Teacher in Riverside
Early Childhood Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 16, 2017
My experiences as a teacher at Riverside was difficult. I had a co-teacher that was mentally unstable, and a principal who was unsupportive, and highly critical. She had not hired me. She was a new principal after three months on the job. She did not have any experience in my field of special education. Therefore, here expectations, and communication were highly inappropriate. She was a new principal and did not have the experience necessary to be supportive of my type of teaching, let alone be judgmental of it.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
work environment was unsupportive
Educational and Family Orientated
Instructional Assistant, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 29, 2017
I have been working with RUSD since August 2016. I have never felt so welcomed at any other school district. Every employee has been very polite and courteous. The environment is enriching and educational. Each staff member and student surrounds the district with love and support for each other.
Pros
Positive environment, good communication, staff appreciation, student well being
Cons
Outdated classrooms
Wonderful people work at the district and great team work
Office Secretary and Instructional Assistant I, II (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 16, 2017
Work in school office setting with educators. Engaged in promoting education, helping families, enrolling and registering students.
Work with students for health and guidance.
Team work and working with teachers is always interesting.
Fun to be a part of a school team.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
only 1/2 hr lunch breaks...miss those 1 hr a day lunches
Organized system and positive experience in schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Riverside has great schools! Even in more challenging classrooms with behavioral issues, teachers have always left me good notes and lesson plans. My stated salary per day is based on the fact that I primarily teach special ed. Mainstream teachers are paid a little less per day. It is an extremely draining job, but so worth it,
productive, caring, fun
Math and AVID tutor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 13, 2017
This job works great around a school schedule. All of the tutors are friendly and sociable. We work together to help the students better understand their math lessons.
Pros
great pay, friendly
Cons
N/a