Riverside Unified School District Employee Reviews

Always busy with many different print projects
binding machine, stapler, large laminator (Former Employee) –  3070 Washington StreetDecember 31, 2016
There are tons of work to stay busy. Excellent team work in maintaining continuous work flow. Various types of printing and bindery equipment are available in great working conditions.
A very organized educational environment
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2016
Tutoring takes place every Tuesday and Thursday. When short on tutors you can end up with up to three different groups of students but it is never a problem. The coordinator does a great job in organizing the groups and making sure everyone receives the help they need. The students are great and they love to help each other out and the tutor is always there to guide them.
The Buena Vista school site was a great locatoin to work at.
R.O.P. Instructor Video Media Production (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 6, 2016
I was teaching video media at the time, and the Buena Vista school site was a great location. With full classroom, as well a production and editing facilities, the program was an affective learning environment. The leadership at that time was some of the best I have ever seen.
New Settings and Students Keeps it Fresh
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 4, 2016
Good Part Time Work, getting to know my students and working with good educators. I enjoy the overall atmosphere and working with the young people
Pros
Time is your time
Cons
Only From time to time
Working with the Students
Substitute playgroung supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 8, 2016
I was the substitute playground/office staff assistant. I did spend quite a bit of time working though. I did enjoy working for this company but feel that the ratio of students/teachers/aides was just to much.
Very organized, team player, on time, work well under pressure, no supervision, handle multiple assignments, meet aggressive deadlines
Secretary/Substitute (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 22, 2016
As a substitute employee, found offices disorganized, unprepared for substitute.

Telephones extremely busy, parents, staff, faculty, other foot traffic very busy. Although my job did not compensate to translate, it was 85% of my job having to interpret both over the telephone or by people walking in to the office.

Time management of the office was in desperate need of improvement, office supplies were not used carefully such as paper. Some school offices had an abundance of supplies while other school office lacked everything.

Management was not very professional in terms of introducing the substitute to the office staff or those in management, etc.

Hardest part of job was to sit in the replacement office and be questioned by the office staff who I was and what was I doing there.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the children.
Pros
Unstable
Cons
Children were great
Loved the people that I worked with
Substitute Custodian (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 24, 2015
I liked this company it was close to my home and in the same city that I lived in at the time it was like family company picnic's and trips to Vegas.
Pros
free food
Cons
only got paid once a month
If you like working with children
Preschool Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  riverside caOctober 4, 2015
My degree is in business so I am trying to transition out of the childcare world. If you want to be a teacher, speech therapist or anything to do with children this is the perfect job for you while you're in school.
Pros
flexible schedule, career advancement
Cons
pay too low
A
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work, great district to work for. No problems in my employment here, always someone to contact who gets back promptly to any questions.
Teachers in this district are for the most part great.
Instrutional Assistant Special Education (Current Employee) –  ReachAugust 16, 2015
I've had my own child attend school in this district. Her teachers and the teachers I've worked with have all been dedicated to the kids in their classroom.
Pros
Health care.
Cons
Pay
Nice place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 1, 2015
This is a nice place to work, They are friendly but have few full time positions. There is great communication in the district.
Great Work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 16, 2015
Substitute teaching is for the most part a very nice and rewarding job that allows you to interact and teach K-12 students. The best days are when you get assigned to a subject that best suits your expertise . The hardest part of the job is disciplining students who are not doing what they are suppose to.
It was nice working with the children
Yard Duty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 10, 2015
The experience I had working for the school was not pleasant. The staff I was working with did not treat the children well. Reporting it to the principal did not go over well considering he had personal relationships with the staff.
A day of being exposed to Aircraft restructure and repair.
Attendance Clerk and Secreary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 8, 2015
A day of being exposed to Aircraft restructure and repair. My first experience working and supporting U.S.A employees working in foreign countries.
It is a great place to work; it allows you to balance your life away from work.
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed my time at RUSD. However at times you need to reevaluate where you want to be in five years. RUSD employees are there to stay, therefore there is no room for advancement unless someone retires.
Simple Cat6 upgrade for each school in the district
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 29, 2014
Basic install of network cables to multiple locations at end user station, terminated network cables to patch panels located in an cabinet at designated IDF's..
Most enjoyable part was seeing the project completed.
Productive and fun place to work at
Avid College Tutor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 5, 2014
-tutor students (ages 14-18)
-make copies
-phone calls
-Get along with coworkers
Hard to go wrong working with the school system.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Riverside CaliforniaApril 17, 2014
Great benefits and work conditions. Hard to get things done and changed in a large bureaucracy. If the size doesn't bother you , you will love it.
Pros
Pay Benefits Time off
Cons
very difficult and slow to change, unresponsive
Fun
Instructional Bilingual Aide (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Great hours, great people to work with. Job close to home. Working with kids is enjoyable!
Pros
Great hours, great dress code, great coworkers, and stress free.
Cons
No health care for part time (but it was fine for me)
In general It's been a good job.
On-Call Sub, Custodian, Team Crews (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 29, 2014
I do a variety of different work as per the school site.
Learned from those who wanted to teach me different and better way to do things. Don't communicate with management much, For the most part I get along fine with my Co-workers. Doing job assignments that are new until you get use to doing them. Working sites with the crews that make it fun and are easy to work with.
Pros
learning from crews that want you to Succeed.
Cons
Working on crews that don't want you to Succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Riverside Unified School District Reviews by Location