Riverside Employee Reviews

braided wire on hummer wire harnesses
harness braider (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INFebruary 16, 2017
took sever types of wire and braided it on the wire harness then took plastic tubing in the braid. sometimes i put the harness together before the braiding
Pros
i like the work
Cons
hours
Great place
Patient Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43221December 14, 2016
Riverside is top notch in patient care and really puts the individual first. This is the hospital to be at if you are sick. Patients matter here.
Great place to work or to be a patient
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 23, 2016
This small town hospital has a big heart. The staff truly care about the patients and each other. It's basically a big family doing their best to take care of one another. It was an honor working with them and I wouldn't think twice about a family member needing to be admitted to this unit.
Pros
Thorough, exceptional care
Cons
They aren't the first choice for most people, so census is low
Productive team work
AAA Road Side Assistance (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CTNovember 15, 2016
emergency road side assistance & towing... I learned how to use proper customer service skills and manage bigger trucks on the road
fun and team working environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2016
typical day at riverside its a calm and learnable environment, on a daily basis I learn how to get along with my co worker ,residents and family members, my manager are always on point with any and every situations the may come in contact with. My co-workers are good team worker they work well with each other and family member to make sure the residents gets the best care needed. And the most enjoyable part of my job is to see the smile on the residents and family face letting me know that job well done
Placed at a fun place to work, liked the supervisors and hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 11, 2016
Great step until finding a set job. They called me one morning, and told me I was laid off. found another job shortly after, than they called me back a month later for work but I was already employed.
Lessons in empathy
Paraprofessional Developmental Therapist (Former Employee) –  461 River PKWY Riverside, IF, IDJune 22, 2016
My experience at Riverside Service Group, though challenging at times, reminded me how humane we ought to be when working with customers and clients. How we approach someone is often about the unseen connection, where a gentle appropriate touch is needed and learning when to step in and to take charge of a situation if the calling arises. It seems that everyone needs help from time to time, and it takes a strong person to take charge of a situation and sometimes and even stronger person to say, "I need help right now," especially when faced with a two person job position, when they are facing the situation alone. Other times it is perfectly appropriate to back down when someone else comes along to properly surpass you in a position where you had faltered, if they have the correct tools in their capability to perform to the best of their ability and achieve results.
Pros
Lunch included, training included
Good place to be
Intern/Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 15, 2016
Although the hours are not always there its a good company. Clean facility and the clients are wonderful. management is nice and the employees are like family.
Pros
busy
Cons
retirement
Perfect
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Maupin, ORMarch 15, 2016
I loved working for this company. The owners are amazing people and really care about their employees!
The atmosphere is positive and the people you serve are constantly changing. The summers are hot and very busy, the winter time slows down tremendously due to a drop in tourism. Its a great company and location for the summer time.
Pros
great environment, great people
Cons
cut of hours in off season
Productive and a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 18, 2016
there's always something to do

teamwork
you never work alone
there is always someone watching you
get to communicate with different people
Pros
raise every year
Cons
you only get paid time and a half
Rn
Registered Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CaOctober 12, 2015
I was working at a Indian Health clinic as the staff nurse and also the nurse manager. It was fast paced and busy. The hardest part was trying to make room for everyone that wanted to see the dr. the same day. the most enjoyable was working along side the other staff members.
Pros
good pay and flexibility
Cons
long way to drive
Overall company
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 9, 2015
It all depends on who you know. Management is unfair and they seem to always terminate the hardest working people, or the ones that do not comply with office clicks.
Competitive work atmosphere
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INSeptember 28, 2015
I learned a lot while I worked in this establishment. I also learned that even though I went to school and have numerous degrees; my one try passion is working in the restaurant business.
Pros
Great food
Providing a positive experience for our patients
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VASeptember 21, 2015
Riverside Walter Reed Hospital is a small hospital where taking of patients personally is extremely gratifying. The doctors, nurses and my co-workers are a professional and dedicated group of people that all strive to achieve a happy experience for our patients.
Pros
working with great doctors and co-workers, taking care of our patients
Cons
politics of a small hospital
great place for cards
Deli/Stocker (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAAugust 25, 2015
Wish it was still in business, great place to go if you are big into sports clothes and trading cards. Also did alot for getting autographs to happen with major athletes.
Construction company, very slow paced
Office Assistant (Clerical) (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 31, 2015
I would translate any work issues with employees and office matters. I did preliminary information for job sites and picked up checks from job sites.
good environment overall
TSSI Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 14, 2015
Very heavy and hard work but enjoyed the people I worked with. I got to know a lot of new associations. The company had some internal problems but I tried to do my job and not get involved.
Pros
building relationships
Cons
hard work
Policies always changing
Receptionist/ Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, caMay 6, 2015
policies were always changing and management/supervisors were little to no help when the front office became hectic.
excellent work place
Environmental services Aide (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 25, 2015
riverside was an excellent work place. I would recommend this employment site to anyone that is looking for a wonderful work experience
easy going. boring. good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  guthie okFebruary 14, 2015
you work with good people, but management sucks. you will not move up or get a raise. you meet alot of new people and get paid weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverside. Our community is ready to answer.