Riverstone Residential Group Employee Reviews

A fast paced and high energy work environment with wonderful new career experiences
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 5, 2012
Riverstone Residential Group is the Management Group that managed the Retreat at City Center apartments, where I currently work. Our office has a high traffic volume due to our property being the only showcase and Class A property in our area. I have to be constantly on the move and have a variety of different tasks and responsibilities to manage throughout the day. There are daily and weekly reports that I research and build to give to my manager and our owners, and most importantly I am responsible for finding the perfect apartment homes for our prospects.
This management group has been a phenomenal career path and experience, however, considering the constant competitive business nature of management groups-- I feel that Riverstone is not in the same standing as when I became an employee.
I feel that I have significantly expanded my business experience and knowledge base, as well as thrived from being able to work with and be responsible for a small team of colleagues within an office. I have a higher appreciation for working with a select group of individuals with a like minded attitude towards hard work while utilizing exact rules and regulations set down by our employers.
Pros
i enjoyed having a set schedule, a comfortable and trustworthy group of colleagues, and a wide range of benefits available to me.
Cons
a high turnover for management, which gives the office a general sense of having to start from square one, despite having spent half a year proving my qualities, skills, and success. an unpredictable pace and rate of success for the entire corporation.
Bookkeeper/Accountant Job
Bookeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasMarch 25, 2014
This company is way to fast paced. Going into the job I was the Bookkeeper in the single family division and my responsibilities was to account multiple markets. These tasks were almost impossible to complete for a single bookkeeper/accountant. Management did not care they just wanted the work done. I kept a good attitude and I struggled to get the work done in 40 hours because they told me no overtime was allowed. I would stay late and try to finish my tasks and when month end came around they also had me do the accounting for month end that the accountant should be responsible for. So i was doing all the bookkeeping and accounting tasks at month end. The volume of purchasing and reporting as many as 30 properties a day on average was not sustainable to a 40 hour work week. If you tried to get it done in 40 hours there will be errors made. I would even get in trouble for trying to finish my tasks for staying late even though I didn't charge them for overtime. Terrible company to work for. Very stressful environment. Very political environment. I would see managers get lunch with a selected accounting staff. There favs. My recommendation to work for this company is NO. I left this company for an accounting position that pays reasonable and pays overtime.
Pros
a job in a poor economy is always good.
Cons
work long hours and pay no overtime. very political work environment. very low pay.
exciting and worthwhile
LEASING CONSULTANT SPRING VILLAS TOWNHOMES SPARKS (Former Employee) –  Sparks,NVAugust 20, 2013
While working for Riverstone, I came into the company with no prior experience in the Leasing field. My manager was very hands on and easy to talk to. We had a lot in common which are very valuable in a small office. We had an excellent team with great skills and a readiness to do the tasks at hand. When i was terminated, it was out of all of our hands. My manager was very empathetic and helped me examine other oppertunities in the field. She explained that I have great qualities for an employee and she would very much hire me again if the oppertunity arose. I have no regret and no hostility toward the office I worked in. And although i have heard many negative things about the company, I have no hostility towards Riverstone. It was simply a matter of someone deciding they didn't like having an "inexperienced Leasing Consultant" working such a profitable property; and unfortunately they have a pretty significant stance on who stays and goes. I have gained new experiences, a great listing to add onto my resume and some new friends who made everyday enjoyable.
Pros
employee lunches/breakfasts monthly, great employees, visually pleasing work enviroment. customer service on a more personal level
Cons
help wasnt given from high management when i would ask, inner-office personality conflicts
Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 3, 2012
• Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
• Monitor tool and part inventories as well as the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
• Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
• Conduct or arrange employee training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
• Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
• Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
• Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations for hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment.
Turns and Service Requests
Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 23, 2014
As a maintenance technician our job is to create an easy and smooth transition for new tenants to move into one of our units.

This happens in three steps. The first step is to get a move-out unit ready to be moved into. We paint the walls, do all necessary maintenance including plumbing, drywall, basic maintenance, fireplace, and appliance/other installations. We contact vendors and schedule for carpet cleaning and house cleaning. The next step is to make sure unit is ready when our office staff need it to meet the needs of incoming new residents. Juggling several units and scheduling dates for all the vendors and maintenance staff is important. The third and final step is to provide our new residents with excellent service helping them with any thing that goes wrong with their house/apartments. Residents will request fixes or inquire about certain information through service requests which are to be scheduled with tenants on a timely manner as well.
Pros
unset schedule
Cons
hard labor
Management and higher do not care about employees.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 12, 2013
This corporation only cares about bottom line, and cutting budgets that are needed to keep a property running correctly. Do not apply to this corporation it does not care about lower level employees heath or family even though that's all they talk about, the truth is you and everyone at the lower level is expendable and they will do everything in their power to make your life miserable. There is little or no room for advancement, even if you have the knowledge. In two years haven't had any raises or reviews not even a cost of living expense that most corporations will give dedicated employees, there reasoning for this is that it's just not in the budget, but where does the money go then you ask; to the CEO's of course so they can fly around the country playing golf sound familiar yet. Think long and hard before applying to this company I should have.
Pros
residents are usually friendly, and close to home.
Cons
look at above review judge for yourself.
Don't do it!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin TXMay 8, 2013
I have wasted 5 years of my life with this company and I cannot believe the lack of loyalty and appreciation for their employees. Scratch that - the only ones who receive any appreciation are anyone who works above the property level... Corporate. They get awards and big fat bonuses for the work that we, on site staff, do every day for our measly wages and bonuses, if you get any. They will find a way to not bonus you, whether its for paperwork or some other idiotic excuse. I have not been promoted after 5 years and awards from my apartment association. After speaking with my manager, she said that the company would rather hire out people than promote from within. I couldn't believe it but it made sense. After hearing for years from various higher ups how they had "huge plans for me" and that I was "going places," it was all a lie this company is terrible and it's been the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no appreciation for employees on site, cut throat
Great Experience and Fun Team
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2014
I typically start my day by catching up with messages and emails from residents, potential clientele, and vendors. I have certain days that I am focused on financials and operations. I have other days that I am strictly working with working with new and current renters. Rather it is conflict resolution with issues in their home, identifying services that add to their lifestyle, and mainly selling our product to new potential new resident. The best part of my job is getting to work with a great team and communicating with so many different personalities. I get to work high profile figures such as pro athletes, prominent public figures, and doctors. Working with different personalities that vary can also be challenging.
Pros
face to face communications, great team, ability to advance
Cons
currently limited assets in st. louis market
Good national company to work for but poor local management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2014
Company provides good health, vacation, and holiday benefits. A typical day at work starts with work order assignments and routine property inspection. This is a very large complex with hundreds of units. Manager of the overall complex and the Supervisor of the Maintenance department are very poor managers and the employee turnover rate is extremely high. There is no opportunity for advancement. My co-workers and try to work with the system but find it very difficult and disheartening. I enjoy working with my hands and the ability to work independently once I have my daily work assignments.
Pros
national company, good benefits.
Cons
poor management, lack of required materials and tools to perform job, atmosphere of discontent
Great company to work for!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 25, 2012
I have worked for this company for almost 12 years. They are the best! Lots of support from Senior Management. Property Managers have the opportunity to really make a difference on their sites as they value your opinion. Many promotional opportunities for those who work hard. Training, Risk Management and Accounting are very supportive to on-site associates. I am proud to be a part of such a great organization. Vacation time is very generous with 5 weeks for 10+ years of employment. My only wish is that they would bring back better health coverage as over the recent years benefit plans have gotten expensive with less coverage selections/higher co-pays, etc.
Pros
great pay, great support, promotional opportunities
Cons
medical benefits need improvement
You will have to fight for every raise & day off
All of the above (Former Employee) –  Inland NorthwestMarch 14, 2013
This company has so many conflicts of interest it's unbelievable. The code of ethics looks great but is not enforced.
The company tells their clients that each property is being professionally managed but they fail to adequately train staff do there is incredibly high turnover = dissatisfied residents. They do not have checks and balances or any type of real structure in place for employees to follow.
The pay scale is as follows: take whatever the previous person who held the job makes and decrease it between $2-4 per hour. They overcharge clients and underpay employees.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
you will work until you're burnt out
Company is great about promoting internally.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 23, 2014
I learned everything I know about property management because of some of the great mentorship I received including fair housing laws all the way to how to manage and motivate at the same time. I really am thankful for the great staff I've worked with. The hardest part of the job is when I see a teammate fall behind or lose sight of the ultimate goal, although I do take great pride in being able to step in and help. That would be the most enjoyable part; being able to motivate and drive all employees towards the same goal.
Pros
great staff
Cons
i see clients not being treated fairly by upper management.
Great Team Environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCJune 2, 2014
A great company to work for with highly motivated team members working together to create the best possible living environment for our residents.
Typical day at work starts with cleaning grounds and conmen areas, meeting with staff to discuss goals for the day, completing work orders, reports and walks of the property.
Management strives to help educate team members and lead them threw all job duties.
Hardest part and most enjoyable are the same, and that's working to make all the residents happy because in the end that's who you are actually working for.
Pros
good peaple and great work environment
I can only report to my region
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 13, 2015
My experience with RRG started as a good one and was one of the best jobs I had. My Regional would send me out and task me to train, organize and help market properties in need in the area. I felt useful needed and part of a larger picture. Managers helped one another to succeed. Truly the best. Then growth came and I as well as many others thought they lost focus.Thought that domination was corporate focus. Our advancement soon became more about popularity and who you knew. The Portland office was and is all based on clicks. I left on a high note and one day I may return but the Portland office needs to change.
Horrible Company to work for
Marketing (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 6, 2012
This is the worst company I've ever worked for. The management is mostly incompetent and disorganized and discourages any ideas on ways to improve the company or process. Everybody is a VP of something and nobody knows who is actually above who in any given circumstance, resulting in finger pointing among departments and no real action. They don't respect your personal time and life balance despite what they advertise. They grossly neglect their clients and look for escape goats when the clients get upset. I would chose being unemployed over ever working for this company.
Cons
horrible management
Awesome place to work, wonderful co-workers, fun environment
Maintenance/Porter/Rehab-Tech/Painter (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 16, 2014
I loved working for Riverstone Residential Group.
Maintenance work orders all day long, non stop working.
Learned 100% of what I know about maintenance from Riverstone.
Co-workers were friendly and helpful at all times.
Hardest part of the job, being on call 24/7.
Most enjoyable part of working at Riverstone was the pool and workout center, plus if your an employee you get reduced rent living on site by 20%.
Pros
1hr lunch, work side by side, pool, spa, gym, rent reduction
Cons
too far for me to travel, not many cons.
Fast paced environment.
Leasing Consultant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2014
On an average day I would be responsible for managing the leasing staff, market surveys, inputing data, tracking sales leads, looking over completed files, screen new residents/transfer, and scheduling to list a few of my duties. Multi tasking is a must and one of the best things the company assisted me in mastering. I truly enjoy all aspects of this job, however if I had to say one thing that I enjoyed most it would have to be resident interactions and getting to meet new people on a daily basis.
Pros
great benefits and great atmosphere
Productive and fast growing due to industry development
Accounting Manager-NW region (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2013
Work with multiple clients and operations team for financial preparation.
Soft and hard skill development.
Work with a variety of cultures and people with differnet management styles.
The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job, finding resolutions that abide by accounting policies and procedures while fitting the needs of the client and operations.
Pros
wonderful coaching and mentoring enviorment
Cons
limited advancement opportunities at the management level
Property Management company. Fast paced, high turnover, desire to be the best.
National Account Mgr / Mgr Supplier Compliance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2012
Riverstone is a top ranked third party property management company with over 750 properties nationwide. Management is always looking to cut costs and maximize profit. The company strives to utilize the latest technology and take care of the client. The most difficult part of the job is standardizing across hundreds of different owners.

Co-workers are hard working and considerate.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high turnover
Enjoy what you do in property management
Community Manager/Rovering (Former Employee) –  Seattle WaJune 28, 2014
Working in Bellevue during Sea Fair was wonderful watching the blue Angels. Training new employees can be challenging and a lot of fun. Great to see some of them move on and become Investment managers. Management had a great training program with computers and shopping reports. I was very excited to receive a 100 percent in person/phone shop.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
do not miss the power going out for 12 days