Riverstone Residential

Riverstone Residential Employee Reviews

Extremely fun, one of the best jobs I ever had
leasing agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. My managers have overall been amazing, except for my last one. She was absolutely horrible and why I left the company. I am trying to go back to the company, that is how much I loved it.
Real estate management (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work consists of making units ready for rental, I have learned everyday I have worked there, my co-workers are very intelligent and helpful resource tools
Lots of room for advancement
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great team of people
Great company to work for. Management has always been really helpful in contributing to your advancement within the company.
New beginning, fun environment
Leasing consultant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2014
A typical day is welcoming new prospects, making sure everyone and anyone that walks in the doors, leasing an apartment. I have learned, how to take an application, learned a lot about fair housing, dealing with residents, whether they are upset or happy. The hardest part of the job is watching those who really need an apartment.I really enjoyed welcoming a new resident home.
Liked to work with residents.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: working as my own boss.
Cons: no rewards for outstanding achievements or pay raises.
Company has issues with providing enough work force to manage facility grounds. Management does not stand behind its employees or lead by example.
Never a little fish in a big pond
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
In spite of the size of the company, there is a great deal of one on one and engagement with Sr. Management. There is a mutual appreciation and loyalty.
Great Workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2014
Company is filled with team-driven players. Opportunities for career advancement within the company and absolutely one of the best places that I have worked for.
My first Management employment out of property management college.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Antioch, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: my first management employment and met wonderful people.
Cons: the property sold.
My positions consisted as the Leasing Agent, Assistant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. My responsibility for the property was being in control of the properties budget (monthly and annually), leasing, processing bills, collecting rent, entering rent payments, market surveying, regional/owner weekly calls, collected data for my monthly variance reports, customer service has always been a primary focus, delegated projects for vendor, maintenance team and office staff.
Received great amount of training.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2014
Riverstone was a good company to work with. They provided training classes weekly.
its was a very welcoming place
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Kent, WAOctober 14, 2014
I enjoy working for riverstone we had a great team!! but it ended kuz of no more work and I didn't really like that kuz I enjoy working there
Daily Job Duties
Property Manager (Former Employee), DenverSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: postive owners
Cons: management company did not work well with property owner
-Strong Customer Service and Sales background, with 23 + years experience with in the Apartment industry.
-Excellent Written and Verbal communications, Organizational, Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
-All aspects of initial contacts with Prospects, Residents, Co-Workers and Property Owners
-Training and Communicating Property Goals with Onsite Team Members
-Heavy Focus on Aged Delinquency, Coding Invoices and Collecting Monthly Rental Payments
-Resident Retention with Lease Renewals and Resident Activities
-Ensuring that Market Rents vs. Rental Rates are in line with the Monthly Approved Budget
-Maintaining the current Property Budgets & Posting Vendor Invoices through Property Software
- Assisting RPM’s and RVP’s with daily duties
-Reviewing Weekly and Monthly Reports completed by Property Managers
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 16, 2014
I like working for Riverstone.I start my day opening our pool and fitness center. Our management team is always helpful and always there to help out. The best part of my of job is when the new residents say how nice the community and the apartments look on move in and their time on property,
Culture varies from region to region but overall offered great opportunities for competent associates
Community Manager (Former Employee), ArizonaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits, transfers, team environment
Cons: vary by region; high stress as you advance (and pay doesn't "compensate for that stress")
The best four years of my career were spent with Riverstone. Our region had a great RM/VP, a close knit group that was always willing to help out when needed, and plenty of opportunity for growth. Sadly, I transferred to another region and found that the culture I had grown to know and love was specific to the region I had left, and wasn't company wide.

Exceptional customer service was an expectation and going above and beyond was encouraged.
Pay is comparable and benefits (vacation, sick, volunteer time, medical, dental, etc) are great. Holidays are nice to have but many are considered optional and most of the time properties are kept open with a "skeleton crew".
Opportunity for advancement was plentiful. Promoting from within seemed to be a preference for Riverstone.

There is a lot of additional stress placed on managers and not enough personal coaching. Most of the training offered with the company is via webinar and general, not personal. Though valuable, I feel that those basics really needed to be expanded upon rather than considering the webinar to be sufficient.
Maint. Manager
Maintenance-tech/Asst (Former Employee), Claymont, DEJuly 23, 2014
Managed a crew of 3 at 2 properties. Address emergencies and tenants needs.
I liked to work for Riverstone Residential.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 21, 2014
All information about my duties and responsibilities are in my resume.
i never had any problems with people i used to work.
Great job when younger
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 15, 2014
Worked through all of college and part of high school, great company and food, some managers not so great but that is anywhere. Worked my way through several positions climbing the ladder but eventually had to leave service industry as you can only take it for so long.
Fast paced always changing work environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 29, 2014
Pros: very fast paced, always learning, very busy and days pass quickly, gorgeous property
Cons: not much input from management, very needy residents, congested area of town
Having worked at an extremely busy, demanding office I believe I have surpassed all goals and expectations as a leasing consultant at this community. We have an excellent team who works together well, but also has fun while accomplishing the daily goals of our property.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: moving heavy appliances
What I liked about this job was I got to move around allot outside and enjoy a pretty day, What I didn't like was having to get out in the heavy rain to get to the apartments to clean them. I enjoyed working with all my Co- Workers they were friendly and fun. Management was great.
great people!
Maintenance technician (Current Employee), Waco, TXJune 23, 2014
I have the liberty to meet new people every day and able to come to their house and make their dreams come true, through landscaping. never on the same job site 3 days.
Fun place at the time
Assistant Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2014
This have changed since 08 but meet really good friends working there.

Would have liked having a full staff lots of turnover.

1 2 3

About Riverstone Residential

Achieving a high rate of return is the main objective at Fairfax Financial Holdings. The holding company provides insurance, reinsurance, – Read more

Riverstone Residential Salaries