Riverton Memorial Hospital

Riverton Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

don't be misled
RN (Former Employee), riverton wyoApril 27, 2014
Pros: located in beautiful, rural area
Cons: bare bones staffing, low pay
If you are being recruited to the Riverton or Lander hospital, be advised these hospitals seem to be "always hiring" for RN's - the turnover is fairly high. My exerience was high staff to patient ratios, poor leadership, mostly newer nurses. Rental housing is in short supply in both towns.
Awesome
Sleep Lab Scheduler (Former Employee), Riverton, WYApril 16, 2014
Loved My Job would recommend working here. Boss was the best.
Fun environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Riverton WYApril 11, 2014
I manage to stay busy, which is a big deal for me. I love working close with people, and although I am not currently in a CNA position, I do get to work with people by welcoming them into a warm and happy facility.
Productive!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Riverton WyomingMarch 26, 2014
Pros: how well maintained the facility is.
I loved working for this company!! Amazing people and work environment.
Night shift, the best, 12 hr shifts
Travel Nurse (Former Employee), Riverton, WYNovember 21, 2013
Arrive, do walking report, give meds, take vitals, electronic charting in patient rooms, eMars.
This was a 13 week travel assignment and other than learning their computer system and orientation, teaching specific skills was not a priority.
Management was usually there during the day, so I did not see much of them. Staffing was poorly handled in that – more... it was based on the census at midnight the previous night without regard for changes in the acuity of patient care. Short-staffing was normal.
Co-workers varied, but there was general frustration, not with me, but with the staffing issue. Shifts were friendly and supervisors tried to assist when able.
Hardest was trying to work with sufficient staff, which happened ll too often. You were left feeling like your care was inadequate. I was also very lonely in that my family was in Oregon.
I enjoyed working with the patients as well as my colleagues. And I got to go to Yellowstone! – less
OR and services
Director Surgical Services (Current Employee), Riverton, WYNovember 10, 2013
All surgical services that I am responsible for I absolutely work for.
Needs managment and Wage increase to be competative.
OTHER (Former Employee), OTHERApril 19, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: no leadership, poor pay
Lowest paid hospital in Wyoming .Managment changes often ,Staff is great they mostly run the hospital even though they are over worked and underpaid .This corperation should thank these workers by giving them a $5 TO $10 pay raise to bring them up to local standard ,maybe more staff could be hired if the pay was competitive to other hospitals in the – more... state. – less
Management is the problem
RN (Former Employee), ICUFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: its in wyoming
Cons: extremely bad management that treats nurses with rudeness and disrespect
I worked here as a traveler and was even planning on staying here and taking a permanent position before I discovered all the problems this hospital has. There is a constant turnover and the management talks down to the nursing staff without any professionalism and sometimes rudeness in front of other staff members. I was mortified and found out I was – more... not the only one that had experienced this type of behavior. It is condoned here. The nursing staff here works very hard without the help of management and really tries very hard to provide good patient care. – less
Nice people
RN (Former Employee), Med Surge/ICUNovember 14, 2012
Pros: people, benefits, ice cream fridays
Cons: poor higher management, unstable nursing environment.
The co-workers are the joys of working there, however poor higher management (Os) and high nurse to patient ratios on The Med/Surge floor will make your stay short.

February 5, 2013

Google for a Wyoming RN position at any given time and you will always see Riverton Hospital!! Turnover is incredible!! I agree with this review 100%

Fun Work place
Materials Management Buyer (Current Employee), Riverton, WYAugust 2, 2012
Pros: beniffits
Cons: management
Great co-worker relationships
Small community make more personal reationships
Great place to work!
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverton, WYJuly 3, 2012
Pros: hour lunches and wonderful team players
I loved Riverton Hosptial. We were like family and I was sad leaving, but I got engaged and moved to Montana.