Riverton Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Working at Riverton Hospital
Case Manager/ED PRN (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYNovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed being a case manager, management at this hospital is constantly changing. This made it the work environment unstable. Never knowing if you will have the same manager when you come in to work
It was a good place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYOctober 22, 2016
The benefits were great but the pay was not. Their raises were not good. My manager was very easy to work with. Great atmosphere, the only thing I had an issue with is their pay schedule.
Riverton Memorial Hospital
PRN staff nurse and PRN supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYMay 6, 2016
The Sage West Healthcare system, which includes the previously titled Riverton Memorial Hospital, now Sage West Riverton, is a rural facility dedicated to the difficult task of providing quality healthcare in an environment with limited resources. This system is filled with good workers who are just trying to do the best they can with what they have. Rural nursing is its own challenge. The wonderful thing about being in this environment is that I have been able to function in many different capacities, such as med/surg, perioperative, post partum, as well as a supervisor in bot the operating room and over the house.
Pros
lots of opportunities for varied experiences
Cons
limited resources to due frontier environment with small urban cluster.
Poor management
coder (Current Employee) –  wyomingOctober 4, 2014
I worked at the Wind river clinic for 10 years. Once the management changed the environment did also! They were unable to keep receptionists. We went from 4 coders to 2 coders and was expected to keep up and do accurate billing. This used to be a great place to work and under different management it could be again. I would not recommend employment at the Wind river clinic.
benefits
Cons
management
don't be misled
RN (Former Employee) –  riverton wyoApril 27, 2014
If you are being recruited to the Riverton or Lander hospital, be advised these hospitals seem to be "always hiring" for RN's - the turnover is fairly high. My exerience was high staff to patient ratios, poor leadership, mostly newer nurses. Rental housing is in short supply in both towns.
Pros
located in beautiful, rural area
Cons
bare bones staffing, low pay
Awesome
Sleep Lab Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYApril 16, 2014
Loved My Job would recommend working here. Boss was the best.
Productive!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Riverton WyomingMarch 26, 2014
I loved working for this company!! Amazing people and work environment.
Pros
How well maintained the facility is.
Night shift, the best, 12 hr shifts
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYNovember 21, 2013
Arrive, do walking report, give meds, take vitals, electronic charting in patient rooms, eMars.
This was a 13 week travel assignment and other than learning their computer system and orientation, teaching specific skills was not a priority.
Management was usually there during the day, so I did not see much of them. Staffing was poorly handled in that it was based on the census at midnight the previous night without regard for changes in the acuity of patient care. Short-staffing was normal.
Co-workers varied, but there was general frustration, not with me, but with the staffing issue. Shifts were friendly and supervisors tried to assist when able.
Hardest was trying to work with sufficient staff, which happened ll too often. You were left feeling like your care was inadequate. I was also very lonely in that my family was in Oregon.
I enjoyed working with the patients as well as my colleagues. And I got to go to Yellowstone!
OR and services
Director Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYNovember 10, 2013
All surgical services that I am responsible for I absolutely work for.
Needs managment and Wage increase to be competative.
OTHER (Former Employee) –  OTHERApril 19, 2013
Lowest paid hospital in Wyoming .Managment changes often ,Staff is great they mostly run the hospital even though they are over worked and underpaid .This corperation should thank these workers by giving them a $5 TO $10 pay raise to bring them up to local standard ,maybe more staff could be hired if the pay was competitive to other hospitals in the state.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no leadership, poor pay
Management is the problem
RN (Former Employee) –  ICUFebruary 5, 2013
I worked here as a traveler and was even planning on staying here and taking a permanent position before I discovered all the problems this hospital has. There is a constant turnover and the management talks down to the nursing staff without any professionalism and sometimes rudeness in front of other staff members. I was mortified and found out I was not the only one that had experienced this type of behavior. It is condoned here. The nursing staff here works very hard without the help of management and really tries very hard to provide good patient care.
Pros
its in wyoming
Cons
extremely bad management that treats nurses with rudeness and disrespect
Nice people
RN (Former Employee) –  Med Surge/ICUNovember 14, 2012
The co-workers are the joys of working there, however poor higher management (Os) and high nurse to patient ratios on The Med/Surge floor will make your stay short.
Pros
people, benefits, ice cream fridays
Cons
poor higher management, unstable nursing environment.
Fun Work place
Materials Management Buyer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYAugust 2, 2012
Great co-worker relationships
Small community make more personal reationships
Pros
beniffits
Cons
management
Great place to work!
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 3, 2012
I loved Riverton Hosptial. We were like family and I was sad leaving, but I got engaged and moved to Montana.
Pros
hour lunches and wonderful team players