Riverview Hospital

Riverview Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

About Riverview
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 22, 2016
Short Staffed. Breaks are a privilege. Fast paced and sometimes stressful. Communication is an issue. I enjoyed working one on one with patient's and staff. Overall excellent staff!!
Run away,do not apply here!!(housekeeping)
Environmental services (Former Employee) –  Noblesville,indianaMarch 19, 2015
Basically,the housekeepers are in cliques and treat newcomers like garbage. I worked with several different girls,and only one girl was nice to me. The rest were very stuffy and acted as if I was nothing,the management sucks because they train you one day and throw you by yourself. A new girl that started with me,was a lying con pillhead and she got in trouble several times for dirty rooms,she told me,ill just do good for a week and when the heats off,ill go back to doing nothing. I was flabergasted bc this is a hospital,and she shouldve been fired,but she wasnt,I would not recommend this place for a job and definately would NOT let my loved ones stay here,its dirty,unsanitary and repulsive!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management, no teamwork, very unfriendly environment
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 2, 2015
typical day I took care of 5-9 patients. administered medication, assessed their vitals, did a head to toe. I worked well with my co-workers. They had said that when I was working with them they knew there was someone there that they could rely on to help out at any time.
The hardest part of my job was rotating from nights to day shift. There was never enough time off between shift for me to get acclimated back to the day shift. I just had to kind of do it or die. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with others that were there to make a difference in every patients life. To be able to work with patients and teach them about their health.
Pros
was paid for being on call
Cons
was hard to take a lunch break
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INSeptember 15, 2015
Town Hall meetings to keep employees informed of growth.

Management got to know employees.

Enjoyed my time there and miss it dearly.
12 years of loyalty
Radiologic Technologist / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 6, 2013
When I worked with Riverview Hospital, they were 12 hour days. What I learned from my experience; team work, patience, multi task and responsibility that comes with the position. With the previous supervisor, the experience was pleasant but the later I believe the facility was being phased out and management was less than cordial to the staff. From 3 of the final years actually the 12 year tenure, my co-workers & I were proficient. We were like family.
12 hour days were the hardest part of the job. Being at work with my co-workers was fun.
Pros
salary
Cons
drive to work
poor staffing and management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INApril 30, 2014
The employees work hard and are mostly pleasant and professional. Unfortunately, the management is "disconnected" from reality. They practice unsafe patient to staff ratios on some of the units, leaving staff stressed and risking patient safety. Employees are polite and friendly. Pay is good. Just wish management cared more about its employees than the bottom line
Pros
good pay, excellent staff scheduler who helps you with your schedule
Cons
management does not support staff in a positive way
Militant Lab Environment
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 4, 2013
Techs are good and well trained, but Management is very tight knit and you'd better not challenge even one of them in the smallest way. It's "their way or the highway!" And HR is in full support of the management. The lab procedures are VERY thorough and at first, you will be relieved by the orderliness, but before long you will SEE. If their needs change as far as shifts, they will come to you to tell you what your new schedule will be. You have to accomodate THEIR needs (so much for work/life balance). Along with the management, the techs try to micromanage each other. Again, I will say the techs are good and could probably go off and manage in other labs (strong personalities). I have respect for their work ethic, but not the snobbish attitudes. Everybody there seems SO tense and would take the smallest thing and make it "headlines". I think as a patient, you will get good care from the workers at Riverview. But, as far as working there (and I can only speak for the Lab), please think again. They will be nice during the interview and training, but WILL bring out the hoops for you to jump through.
Pros
organized procedures and processes. if you hate to sit still this will work for you!
Cons
deceitful, overpowering management, "cliquey" groups, chance repoire with coworkers
Loved working here!!
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 30, 2015
I fully enjoyed my years of working at Riverview. I held several positions, my favorite would have been in Medical Records.
registration
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 31, 2014
Not very friendly environment, very poor management. I loved working for this company but the department has a very bad reputation due to poor management. I enjoyed working with patients. Compensation is significantly less than with other hospitals.
Nice people to work with, but they are not technically advanced
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, IndianaAugust 13, 2015
Nice people to work with, but they are not technically advanced. They use paper to do everything. There are very few thingsthat are automated
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Everything is done by paper
pay lower salaries than national averages
Back Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NovblesvilleAugust 10, 2015
10 hour day, No Friday's, Internal Medicine- Specialized care for elderly patients.
Medical terminology
ok
Good
Dealing with an indecisive physician
Providing great medical care.
Pros
Friday's off
Cons
Short Breaks and Health Ins.
Exciting place to work
PBX OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MiApril 11, 2013
Everyday is different considering it was a hospital establishment. I've learned to multitask in taking the responsibility to fast but smart reactions such as calling codes for example; code red, cold blue etc. Answing and fowarding on switchboard setups. I worked with a great management team and friendly hard working co-workers. The hardest part of this job was leaving, due to the closing of the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference in someones life. I found my self talking to different individuals at times who simply needed an ear to liston.
Pros
great team partys
Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 5, 2015
I enjoy working with people. I greet the patients or visitors that walk in the door and the main lobby at the hospital. I will also answer and make phone calls. I have learned many new things by being a volunteer at the hospital. I have learned how to deal with people if they are not sure where they are going. My co-workers are great, I enjoy working with them. The hardest part of my job would be that if I'm not sure where a certain doctor's office is, but I remember I need to breathe and look in the binder.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small but caring patient oriented hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INFebruary 20, 2014
Typical med/surg staff floor nursing: patient assessment and documentation, medication pass, care plans, taking Dr orders, IV care, patient education, and other duties as directed.
Management team strong,
Co-workers were very competent and hard working. However had "clicks", and when first started there felt like I had to "prove" myself as worthy.
Trying to be accepted by my peers. How happy the patients were with their care. working in a clean well organized, patient center environment.
Pros
good patient care
Cons
core staff could have been more accepting of new staff.
Good place to work. Gave me a very thorough new graduate training. Gave me opportunities for charge duties, precepting, and cross training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 29, 2015
Riverview Hospital has a good program for orienting new graduates. I felt competent after completing my first three months. I was able to practice a wide variety of skills on a daily/ shiftly basis. I worked in acute rehabilitation and med-surg. There were many excellent, highly-experienced nurses around who were available and kind. The managers and clinical supervisors did a great job maintaining good staff to patient ratios. The maternity department was in slight disarray when I was hired on there. They had just had a large turn over, and needed more experienced nurses quickly. It just didn't happen quick enough. The unit manager who hired me left about two months after I started training there. An interim manager was chosen from the pool of experienced nurses working on the unit, and she had no prior managerial experience. I received a lot of valuable training in the field of maternity nursing which included post-partum, labor and delivery, and newborn care, as well as C-section scrub duties and pre and post-op nursing care. It was a lot to take in, and my preceptors were often flustered and stressed out because of the general state of the unit at the time. Luckily, there were no adverse outcomes for any patients that I saw during the time I was working there. It is a very small, low-acuity Maternity unit.
Pros
discount insurance rates for employees with good health (demonstrated by annual health exam)
Cons
periods of disorganized restaffing, handling of units in transition.
Loved the people I worked with
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMay 6, 2013
A typical day included receiving patient information for out or inpatient procedures. Pre certifying procedures. Directing patients where to go for procedures. Transporting patients to units/rooms for inpatient procedures. I learned different computer systems and how to have digital films created from hardcopy films. Management was great. Most employees got along together.
Pros
work with a variety of people
Cons
job sometimes required standing for periods of time
Small town Hospital.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  WIAugust 28, 2014
Small community owned hospital. Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers. I enjoy medical billing and would like to continue in this line of work. Started as a Registration Specialist and transferred to the billing department after six months.
Pros
full time with benefits.
Cons
had to move to warmer climate for spouses health.
nice place to learn and train
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 11, 2015
I was at Riverview as an intern for the school program i was in. I learned alot. For training it was nice, whereas i actually prefer a retail setting do to more customer/patient interaction.
Family orinanted
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Noblesville INOctober 3, 2012
Riverview Hospital is a very family orianted business.

There are a lot of awesome people that take pride in their work

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work flow
Pros
some employee activites
Cons
managment turnover
Great place to work. Great benefits.
Medical Front Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INOctober 2, 2012
Room for advancement. Encouragement galore. Lots of perks and paid continuous education.