Riverview Hospital Employee Reviews

I didnt even want to rate them.
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 15, 2017
Most horrible place ever. I won't even go here if I was ill. I will drive 30 minutes away to avoid this hospital. Doctors were horrible people as well as other employees.
Front office receptionist
Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 13, 2017
I would never recommend this office to any one. There was so much favoritism and back stabbing, it was more like a high school class than a professional office,
Pros
non
Cons
all
Very busy multi-practice facility
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJanuary 5, 2017
We have built a very strong practice and have amazing patients. My coworkers are dependable and competent. I work with an wonderful doctor who is very empathetic and down to earth. However, the management is poor which breaks down morale.
Pros
Work with an amazing doctor
Cons
Poor morale
Pleasant
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 9, 2016
Working on the floor it helped learn how to deal with the older patients. How to care for their needs and it helped with the personal life of taking care of my grandpa. The nurses was always wonderful to work with.
Riverview is a good health care system
Executive Director Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 16, 2016
Riverview Hospital and Riverview Medical Group providers are good providers of health services. These providers should not be punished due to poor decisions made by previous administrative leaders.
Pros
Competent and compassionate health care providers and staff
Cons
Poor leadership
Good place to work.
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJune 9, 2016
Good place to work. I have been there for over 11 years. There is just no more career advancement in my current job. It is close to home and I have great hours.
About Riverview
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 22, 2016
Short Staffed. Breaks are a privilege. Fast paced and sometimes stressful. Communication is an issue. I enjoyed working one on one with patient's and staff. Overall excellent staff!!
Loved working here!!
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 30, 2015
I fully enjoyed my years of working at Riverview. I held several positions, my favorite would have been in Medical Records.
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INSeptember 15, 2015
Town Hall meetings to keep employees informed of growth.

Management got to know employees.

Enjoyed my time there and miss it dearly.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WISeptember 2, 2015
typical day I took care of 5-9 patients. administered medication, assessed their vitals, did a head to toe. I worked well with my co-workers. They had said that when I was working with them they knew there was someone there that they could rely on to help out at any time.
The hardest part of my job was rotating from nights to day shift. There was never enough time off between shift for me to get acclimated back to the day shift. I just had to kind of do it or die. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with others that were there to make a difference in every patients life. To be able to work with patients and teach them about their health.
Pros
was paid for being on call
Cons
was hard to take a lunch break

Want to know more about Riverview Hospital?

Ask a question
Good place to work. Gave me a very thorough new graduate training. Gave me opportunities for charge duties, precepting, and cross training
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INAugust 29, 2015
Riverview Hospital has a good program for orienting new graduates. I felt competent after completing my first three months. I was able to practice a wide variety of skills on a daily/ shiftly basis. I worked in acute rehabilitation and med-surg. There were many excellent, highly-experienced nurses around who were available and kind. The managers and clinical supervisors did a great job maintaining good staff to patient ratios. The maternity department was in slight disarray when I was hired on there. They had just had a large turn over, and needed more experienced nurses quickly. It just didn't happen quick enough. The unit manager who hired me left about two months after I started training there. An interim manager was chosen from the pool of experienced nurses working on the unit, and she had no prior managerial experience. I received a lot of valuable training in the field of maternity nursing which included post-partum, labor and delivery, and newborn care, as well as C-section scrub duties and pre and post-op nursing care. It was a lot to take in, and my preceptors were often flustered and stressed out because of the general state of the unit at the time. Luckily, there were no adverse outcomes for any patients that I saw during the time I was working there. It is a very small, low-acuity Maternity unit.
Pros
discount insurance rates for employees with good health (demonstrated by annual health exam)
Cons
periods of disorganized restaffing, handling of units in transition.
Nice people to work with, but they are not technically advanced
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, IndianaAugust 13, 2015
Nice people to work with, but they are not technically advanced. They use paper to do everything. There are very few thingsthat are automated
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Everything is done by paper
pay lower salaries than national averages
Back Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NovblesvilleAugust 10, 2015
10 hour day, No Friday's, Internal Medicine- Specialized care for elderly patients.
Medical terminology
ok
Good
Dealing with an indecisive physician
Providing great medical care.
Pros
Friday's off
Cons
Short Breaks and Health Ins.
nice place to learn and train
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 11, 2015
I was at Riverview as an intern for the school program i was in. I learned alot. For training it was nice, whereas i actually prefer a retail setting do to more customer/patient interaction.
Fun Workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 5, 2015
I enjoy working with people. I greet the patients or visitors that walk in the door and the main lobby at the hospital. I will also answer and make phone calls. I have learned many new things by being a volunteer at the hospital. I have learned how to deal with people if they are not sure where they are going. My co-workers are great, I enjoy working with them. The hardest part of my job would be that if I'm not sure where a certain doctor's office is, but I remember I need to breathe and look in the binder.
Pros
Free lunches
good place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INMarch 30, 2015
good place to work and I just wished they would let you insure your spouse even if they can ensure their self. I wished I would have stayed there.
Run away,do not apply here!!(housekeeping)
Environmental services (Former Employee) –  Noblesville,indianaMarch 19, 2015
Basically,the housekeepers are in cliques and treat newcomers like garbage. I worked with several different girls,and only one girl was nice to me. The rest were very stuffy and acted as if I was nothing,the management sucks because they train you one day and throw you by yourself. A new girl that started with me,was a lying con pillhead and she got in trouble several times for dirty rooms,she told me,ill just do good for a week and when the heats off,ill go back to doing nothing. I was flabergasted bc this is a hospital,and she shouldve been fired,but she wasnt,I would not recommend this place for a job and definately would NOT let my loved ones stay here,its dirty,unsanitary and repulsive!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, no teamwork, very unfriendly environment
Small town Hospital.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  WIAugust 28, 2014
Small community owned hospital. Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers. I enjoy medical billing and would like to continue in this line of work. Started as a Registration Specialist and transferred to the billing department after six months.
Pros
Full time with benefits.
Cons
None, had to move to warmer climate for spouses health.
registration
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 31, 2014
Not very friendly environment, very poor management. I loved working for this company but the department has a very bad reputation due to poor management. I enjoyed working with patients. Compensation is significantly less than with other hospitals.
Its a great day to do a lot
Operator Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2014
Will-calls picked up so everyone is working together as a team. A customer is at the front desk waiting on an air condition unit. Considering I am crossed trained, I was able to drive the hi-lo to the air conditioner area to pull it down from the 3 story high shelf. The hardest part was making sure there was no snags on the box that can cause serious injuries. The enjoyable part was being able to do more than one job in one customer service transaction.
Pros
Good job performance rewards
Cons
Not having what is needed in stock

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverview Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.