Riverview Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive, collaborative, growing environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 14, 2017
I really believe that if you worked at this hospital in the past or had a negative outcome, you need to revisit. The changes they have made to the nursing staff, administration, and in all areas are guiding the way for a bright future. I wake up everyday as a RN loving my job, which is hard to believe. My director, Mandy Roberts is exceptional and always willing to lend a ear if needed. The Director of Nursing is newer to this company and you can tell she is open to her staff, caring, and fair. She is helping these floors form better decisions about evidence based practice and patient/staff ratios. The staff is always smiling, friendly, and helpful. This is a small town hospital environment, where behind the scenes they are going above and beyond at improving patient care. As a nurse, all you really want to know is the hard day you put in is appreciated and that you are really making a difference in a patients life. I feel like at Riverview, I am making a difference, and when I do someone is always there to tell me they noticed I did a great job.
Pros
Great management, educational, and friendly
Not worth the time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 20, 2017
Supervisor only thought of themselves and not the employees. Training was a joke, I came into the job knowing more than the supervisor. The rotation never changed and people who could not do the walking patrol were hired. This led to one guard doing all of the work instead of mixing it up. The pay raise was a slap in the face, a nine cent raise? I only did the job because the CNO asked me to come to work there. I'm glad I quit.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Wages, personnel, shift start times, lack of a structured supervisor
Lots of learning for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 20, 2017
Riverview was an awesome learning experience for me as a new nurse. The staff was very friendly and encouraging. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits, pay was decent
Cons
Long drive
I enjoy working at Riverview Cafteria Cashier, Sales and Cook
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoy working with Riverview and working cashier, sales and cook. Everyone gets alone well and the management is great. I just need more money and would like a caree change due to no paid off time for holidays or vacations. Other than that a great place to work.
A good hospital but would not recommend working there
Outpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 24, 2017
I was a medical coder there. The management was nice, but favored people. I was only there for 2 months before they laid me off. Usually a hospital doesn't lay off coders but I was the first one to go.
Productive and fun!
RN (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 23, 2017
Loved working here! Mandy Roberts is a great manager! Love the atmosphere! Homey feel! Love everything about riverview regional medical center. I recommend it highly!
No job security
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 15, 2017
CNO not qualified for the position and did not want Nurse Managers more qualified than herself. Therefore, she tormented long time Nurse Managers until they left the facility.
Clean and well maintained hospital
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 23, 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent at Riverview. The hospital was clean and well maintained. I was always able to find things needed for patient care and the entire staff was friendly.
Very nice place to work
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 28, 2017
We are normally pretty busy with outpatients and inpatients. The people I work with are very nice and a pleasure to work with. Our RAD group are the best. They help you when you are not sure what is needed.
Productive Atmosphere
Financial Counselor/Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 27, 2017
Loved my job!!!! Loved my Superiors. Budget Cuts caused many lay offs and unfortunately I was one of them. Fast paced but worth the time and benefits
Pros
Free Insurance
Cons
short lunches
Awful, clickish, snotty attitudes, lazy nurses and techs
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 23, 2017
Would not recommend anyone work here! Bad management and awful employees! I hated every minute of it, dreading having to go back in! Bad nurse pt ratios, poor attitudes of management and all aroun.
Pros
Cons
All mentioned above!
Small hospital with caring employees and management
OPERATIONS/DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TNJune 15, 2017
Small town hospital with many down to earth and caring employees. Management is caring and ethics are valuable. Departments are good to help out each other when needed.
Pros
Dedicated employees and caring, Many long term employees.
Cons
No room for advancement in the office work.
Productive place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 18, 2017
Very busy and fast paced. The work place culture was widely diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the patients at times. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Riverview Regional Medical Center owned by Prime Healthcare
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 10, 2017
Riverview Regional Medical Center was a great place to work until they were bought out by Prime Healthcare and they basically ran it into the ground. Prime Healthcare is an extremely mismanaged corporation. You cannot have a functional and successfully run business when you shut down 80% of your facility and alienate the medical community you depend on for business.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
It was a very mismanaged facility
Great Place
Staff Nurse/ Back up charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMay 5, 2017
Great team atmosphere. Patient nurse ratio is 6:1. They use the Epic Charting System. There is room for advancement. Management are great with the exception of 1 house supervisor. She is condescending and only her opinion matters. If you give your opinion she takes it as you are questioning her and she will inform you real quick that she is the SUPERVISOR. I love my job!
Pros
Self Scheduling, Patient Nurse Ratio is 6:1
Friendly staff and clean
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALFebruary 19, 2017
A very busy morning getting pts ready for surgery and some procedures.Iv started, teaching and physical assessments done.I have learned a lot since being on a surgery unit and that is to try to help the patient understand what will be happening thru this experience.
Pros
clean friendly
Cons
census
New System
Medical Records Clerk/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALFebruary 12, 2017
The setup of the new coding and scanning of records made the system faster and more efficient to work with. The customer service was also settled in a timely manner.
Healthcare
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 23, 2017
Typical healthcare workplace. Friendly staff, they are trying to grow and do better.
Management is also growing, overtime with the correct changes, will be better.
Steady environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 20, 2017
Collect blood throughout the hospital.... Everyone was good team players and we always got the job done! Learning new things in the lab was a breeze for me because I am a fast learner
Pros
negative employees
Cons
learned new things on how to draw blood
Great management and team
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed the work place. Everyone has a positive attitude and very willing to help. Very nice to patients and cares for each of them.