Riverwind Casino Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Norman, OKApril 29, 2015
The Riverwind Casino is an amazing place to work and they really appreciate all of their employees. I love working there.
Fast pace , quick thinking
Soft Count Clerk (Former Employee), Norman, OKMarch 18, 2015
Pros: half price on buffet, and hotel room, awesome insurance, they take care of the employees well
Cons: not being able to play when not at work
Signed in with security, clock in with pin, open key box with pin.
Sign out key cards for slot machines, huddle up talk with supervisor
get separated into three to four teams with a team leader in each on. Waited for security guards in money room, when out with different section caged carts. keep a log with each team name and log if anything went wrong, had a walkie-talkie on all times to communicate with supervisor.
Go row to row on casino floor with cart and two security guards to communicate to the security cameras. Each on of us had a part one does cart, runs boxes back and fourth, or opens the section of slot machines.
Then when all cleared off casino floor when into the secured money room, unloaded carts, put boxes in order on table and unlock with key, place money and tickets in order in the bucket and load into the money counter.
I would say the hardest part of the job was physical, had to stay in shape to move quick and get done on time
Most enjoyable part of job, was making friends and joking around with team mates, and listening to music and got a free work out.
Every quarter they would have everyone get together at each shift and have awards and games with prizes and food
Also they give you a free tour at the Chickasaw Nation in Sulphur OK.
A fun place to work.
Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: a lot of understanding from management if you made mistakes.
Cons: a lot of silly rules.
The day started at 645 pm until about 1-2 ish am. I learned a lot about poker and blackjack rooms and taking money from the machines and counting all monies collected, ie; chips and cash.

There was nothing hard about the job. The coworkers were fun.
It was fun place to work.
Drink server (Former Employee), Norman, OKDecember 31, 2014
I like the fact that I was always up walking around. I got to talk to the patrons. I walked the casino floor and got water, coffee, or sodas for them. I could also get them food or cigarettes. The layout of Riverwind was alot bigger so I wasn't bombarded by smoke.
Smoke
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKNovember 9, 2014
A typical workday is walking around in circles, and wiping down machines.
Fun work place and keeps you busy
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 11, 2014
I loved working at River wind people was friendly most of the time. My employees was like family to me I am real close with all. I love to clean and I liked how everyday was a new experiences. They treated us very well with respect as a person needed to be treated. It its a great place to work benefit is awesome!
Fun place to work
Vault Clerk (Current Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours, and pay
very fun place to work where you will see different things everyday
I loved being busy all the time.
Floor Attendant (Former Employee), Norman, OklahomaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: exellent benefits
Cons: hours
I walked anywhere from 5-10 miles a day, I learned how to comply with patron needs and wants. The hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated people. I really enjoyed helping people.
An okay place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norman, OKNovember 17, 2013
Pros: pay, breaks
Cons: co- workers
I was a housekeeper for a little while.
When I started, all of the other housekeepers were very rude, kinda brought me back to high school. You've got the stuck up ones, and the one that screws everyone while on the job. The supervisors were great but never want to go back though.
Great job for students or non-professionals. Wouldn't consider it a career.
Black Jack Dealer/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Norman, OKSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: job stability
Cons: worked overnights for 4 years unable to change schedule
Riverwind Casino/Chickasaw Nation Division of Commerce was a great place to work as a student. It would also be a great place for a person with no college education or trade skills to work. It is the highest paying job in the area for the type of work performed.

However the opportunity to move up to a better position is incredibly hard. The hours aren't the greatest and management seems to be very unhappy.
Alright place to work, wonderful supervisors.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norman, OKJune 5, 2013
Pros: long breaks, great supervisors, great benifits
Cons: couldn't get full time for five years, co-workers were rude and nasty
I was a housekeeper, none of the co-workers liked me when I joined. They were disrespectful to others and defiantly themselves.

I worked alone most of the time and I liked it, I focused more on tasks, and got them done faster.
Busy workplace
Busing Clerk/Coordinator’s Assistant (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: i was always busy
Cons: no advancement in my department
I enjoyed my job title, but was unable to advance in my department.
Very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Norman, OKAugust 16, 2012
Pros: tips, customers
Cons: concerts
My typical day was cashing out customers. I learned that people are nice when they win money and mean when they lose. Management was ok. My co-workers were awesome. The hardest part was leaving that job. The most enjoyable part was the tips
Productive and fun work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Newcastle, OKJune 3, 2012
Pros: treated everyone like family.
Wonderful place to work. Salary and benefits are unbelievable. Great employer.