Riverwoods Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Social worker intern (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 6, 2015
Working as an intern as a social worker/intern gave me the most experience in the field. A typical day involved psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, setting up out patient appointments, conducting group therapy, family sessions, answering phone calls, light filing of charts, and documentation. It was a fast paced environment, but a good way to be a strong clinician.
Pros
Good training, good exposure to a variety of patients
Cons
quite a few code purples on the adult unit, but I never really felt unsafe due to security and safety protocols
great learning environment
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 24, 2012
A typical day at Riverwoods is very eventful, fast-paced and hectic. Working in mental health there's always something new to learn. As with any employer, there's always room for improvement with management. Most of the co-workers are very pleasant and willing to help you with whatever you need. The hardest part of my job is that depending on the amount of patients, the workload can be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you know you've been of service to someone and really made a difference in their life.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
small facility so personal feelings can kind of cloud professional judgment
A place where an intern will get great experience.
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work includes:
intake assessments, leading psycho-educational groups, co-leading group counseling session, writing group notes, individual counseling sessions

I truly grateful for my time at Riverwoods one of the most enjoyable part was working with a diverse group of clients. While working there I learned the importance of time management. The hardest part of working at Riverwoods was interfacing with different personalities and sometimes feeling that I was self-directing my daily workload.
Pros
Great exposure
Fast-paced and exciting environment that will keep you on your toes.
Social Services Intern/ Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 14, 2013
I usually started my day off doing about 2-4 psychosocial assessments on new patients. After I submitted those and got approval, I would work on the unit helping file papers, schedule patient discharges or follow-ups, family meetings, treatment team meetings, chart reviews, and then would end my day leading group meetings. I learned how to adjust to a fast-paced environment and how to work well with others, as we all had to contribute to making the hospital run smoothly.The hardest part of job was learning time-management skills and becoming confident leading therapy groups. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the doctors and staff and also seeing patients become healthy after their stay.
Ok Place to work
Housekeeper/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 2, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job because I worked with some hard working individuals in my department. The company in general need to focus on employees moral and come up with better ways to properly run a successful facility.
Cons
breaks were 30 min working in a mental facility I feel longer breaks should be required
Good first job in the field ONLY!
Admissions Representative and Mobile Assessor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Management is often uninformed. Training is "on the fly." If you are not a self-starter this is not the place for you. There is no hand holding or training the is supportive of your growth as a licensed professional.
relatively productive work environment
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 9, 2013
always something to be done
Challenging and skillful
okay management
good staff
multitasking
the people you meet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riverwoods Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6