Riverwoods Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 3, 2018
4 years of commitment with no advancements work different Dept's with no raise unorganized and management unprofessional .28 raise with a great evaluation
Bad management and unprofessional staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 17, 2017
IN my time there we have had three CEOs. The DON is never available to the nursing staff unless it is for gossiping.. MHAs are totally ghetto. The patients are treated poorly by most of the staff (nurses and MHAs).
Pros
Close to home (no highway miles)
Cons
Totally unqualified management, terrible food for patients, DON is MIA.
Pretty nice place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 13, 2017
The facility is not a bad place to work, the only thing I do not like is the shift. I am 2nd shift so im there from 3-1130. If I can change my shift then it wouldnt be bad. The staff is not the nurse does there jobs and treat the patient with the high quality care they deserve.
Interesting job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 10, 2017
Improving,providing care for others,learning how to work in a work place with unique individuals. Its a great learning experience. Being a leader can change the whole atmosphere of a work place.
Flexibility
Crisis Intervention Counselor (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 12, 2015
It is a great place to work, especially if one is seeking flexibility in their job assignment. I work as an independent crisis counselor and has limited contact with the day-to-day operations at RiverWoods.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unstable pay check
Fast paced environment
Social worker intern (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 6, 2015
Working as an intern as a social worker/intern gave me the most experience in the field. A typical day involved psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, setting up out patient appointments, conducting group therapy, family sessions, answering phone calls, light filing of charts, and documentation. It was a fast paced environment, but a good way to be a strong clinician.
Pros
Good training, good exposure to a variety of patients
Cons
quite a few code purples on the adult unit, but I never really felt unsafe due to security and safety protocols
Good first job in the field ONLY!
Admissions Representative and Mobile Assessor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Management is often uninformed. Training is "on the fly." If you are not a self-starter this is not the place for you. There is no hand holding or training the is supportive of your growth as a licensed professional.
Ok Place to work
Housekeeper/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 2, 2014
Overall I enjoyed my job because I worked with some hard working individuals in my department. The company in general need to focus on employees moral and come up with better ways to properly run a successful facility.
Cons
breaks were 30 min working in a mental facility I feel longer breaks should be required
A place where an intern will get great experience.
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAOctober 3, 2013
A typical day at work includes:
intake assessments, leading psycho-educational groups, co-leading group counseling session, writing group notes, individual counseling sessions

I truly grateful for my time at Riverwoods one of the most enjoyable part was working with a diverse group of clients. While working there I learned the importance of time management. The hardest part of working at Riverwoods was interfacing with different personalities and sometimes feeling that I was self-directing my daily workload.
Pros
Great exposure
Fast-paced and exciting environment that will keep you on your toes.
Social Services Intern/ Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 14, 2013
I usually started my day off doing about 2-4 psychosocial assessments on new patients. After I submitted those and got approval, I would work on the unit helping file papers, schedule patient discharges or follow-ups, family meetings, treatment team meetings, chart reviews, and then would end my day leading group meetings. I learned how to adjust to a fast-paced environment and how to work well with others, as we all had to contribute to making the hospital run smoothly.The hardest part of job was learning time-management skills and becoming confident leading therapy groups. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the doctors and staff and also seeing patients become healthy after their stay.
relatively productive work environment
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 9, 2013
always something to be done
Challenging and skillful
okay management
good staff
multitasking
the people you meet
great learning environment
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 24, 2012
A typical day at Riverwoods is very eventful, fast-paced and hectic. Working in mental health there's always something new to learn. As with any employer, there's always room for improvement with management. Most of the co-workers are very pleasant and willing to help you with whatever you need. The hardest part of my job is that depending on the amount of patients, the workload can be overwhelming. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you know you've been of service to someone and really made a difference in their life.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
small facility so personal feelings can kind of cloud professional judgment