RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community

RiverWoods Continuing Care Retirement Community Employee Reviews

A plus
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 14, 2017
Wonderful place to work, fair and listening upper management. Hard working staff.I loved to interact with my peers and loved how the Resident's and family!! Work was enjoyable and pleasant.Hardest part of job at times was time management.
Pros
They listen to suggestions and are fair to staff.
Cons
none to speak of.
productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 10, 2017
it's a lot of hardwork and a lot of movement. they don't pay that well for what you are doing especially housekeeping. theres a lot of drama too that goes on.
Professional and enjoyable environment
LNA (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHSeptember 18, 2016
An absolute wonderful place to work for. Love everything about this company. Riverwoods truly is all about their residents and employees. They really care about everyone within the company, even caring about employees families, providing scholarships for employees family members who don't even work for Riverwoods. Tht is true dedication to their community. I am proud to say that I am apart of the Riverwoods Community.
Riverwoods is a lucrative business for top management
Mental Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAAugust 20, 2016
Riverwoods is a very busy place to work. Lately the morale is low among employee's. Riverwoods is a for profit facility, empathy is what needed for all. At some point in time all employee's should receive a bonus as an incentive.
Flexible work environment and low stress
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJune 30, 2016
A typical day as housekeeper at Riverwoods consists of a schedule for day to day tasks. I work in independent living where I have anywhere between 40 minutes to 70 minutes in one apartment. When I feel I am going too slow I can easily call over our radios and ask for help and someone will be there in minutes. There are plenty of training opportunities to level up (and receive pay raise). The hardest part of the job would have to receiving the harsh criticism from some of our residents. My supervisors give their housekeepers the benefit of the doubt, until it becomes a constant complaint. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility of my supervisor. They try very hard to make their employees comfortable and happy.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible sched. easily compliant, great overtime
Cons
Little lunch choices, noncomliant residents
I love what I do and the residents that I am entrusted to care for.
Registered Nurse (RN RAC-CT) (Current Employee) –  One River Road Lewisburg, PAJuly 25, 2015
A typical day would start at 7am. I spent the first hour of work updating my information, checking and responding to emails, plan of the work that I had to accomplish that day.
Every day I attend the PPS and AM rounds to become informed of the events of the residents and changes in order to assist in the review and setting of the MDS assessment.
Usually I would prepare any NOMNC Part B letters for mailing first. Then I would determine and prioritize the duties of the day. The duties could include, interviews of residents, completion of the MDS, scheduling of the MDS, Care Planning, attendance of the Interdisciplinary meetings with resident/families, submission of the MDS, education, and any other responsibilities of my job for that day.
Pros
Supportive staff and managment, Opportunites for growth, Employee Benefits, Education, Professional Standards
Cons
Communication, Staff turn over
Very nice place to work
LNA (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 13, 2013
I enjoy my job, and importantly love spending time with the residents. I learn so much from them, and its always a pleasure to listen to them talk about their life and what experiences they had. Co workers and management is awesome. I work with very caring people , which is nice to see. Hard part of my job is loosing someone from an illness, and watching the family members deal with their loss. Most enjoyable part is doing something nice for all of them, for they really appreciate it, but for me its very rewarding .
Pros
get free lunches during holidays, free access to gym, and indoor pool
Cons
healthcare unaffordable, and high deductable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 4, 2013
I pre registered people for GI procedures, and recovered them for home. I loved this job. The hardest part of the job was that it got very busy at time. My co-workers were great.
Pros
Weekend hours
Cons
Needed to take some call, but this wasn't that bad