Rivet Software Employee Reviews in United States

Rivet is Awesome!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2013
Great place to work and the people are very helpful! They give you a ton of resources which makes your job fun and exciting!
Great people and great opportunities to advance.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoNovember 13, 2012
The people are some of the finest in the industry. The company has experienced growing pains but has a solid product and bright future!
Pros
very talented people.
Cons
very competitive marketplace that causes instability.
American Sweat Shop
Senior Financial Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2012
Over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. Laif off 80% of staff with no notice 2 weeks after working the employees 100 hours per week.
American Sweat Shop
Over worked, underpaid and unappreciated. 100 work weeks. No work/life balance.
Fun atmosphere, Long days, Great people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Rivet Software. I enjoyed my managers, peers, and other coworkers. The days can be long and demanding, and the work/life balance is nonexistent. This is told to employees upfront, but most of them still manage to rag on the company for the lack of balance.
Pros
culture, non-existent dress code, good people
Cons
long days, long weeks, long months, lack of transparency
Inept management, 80+ hours of work for 40 hours of pay
XBRL Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2012
Rivet Software is a dynamic software company that gives the illusion of being good to its employees.

Management at the company went through a major overhaul in November of 2011, and the new management changed the company from being a great place to work into the most terrible place I've ever worked in my life. I was routinely required to work close to 80 hours a week with no additional compensation. The new management of the company showed their inexperience by attempting to negotiate a new contract, which led to the company losing 80% of its clients and revenue. As a result, more than 150 people were hastily called into the company cafeteria and told "this is your last day" without any further information.

The company is a great place to work for software developers and test engineers, who receive great benefits and pay, and are rarely requried to work additional hours. However, the accountants in the company are treated as less than human at times and are expected to forget about their families, children, or anything important to them in order to work mandatory 12 hour (or more) days for seven days a week, for salaries around 50k.

The management at this company is stuck in the early 1990s, when they sold their previous software to MSFT and made millions. They completely ruin customer relationships in the pursuit of the development of new software.

Lower levels of management are dominated by 23 years olds with no real management experience that routinely promote their buddies and happy hour attendee friends. The only way to advance at Rivet Software is to be friends with
  more... somebody AND do your best to make friends each day.
Further, after being asked to work 80 hour weeks for half the year, the inept management will make decisions which run the company into the ground, leading to the termination of more than half of the employees.

I would not wish working at Rivet Software on my worst enemy.

After being laid off, many people quit, and I was called back in a couple of weeks to see if I wanted to come back to my old position. I laughed at them. It's really that bad.

If you're a software developer, it's a great place to work. If you're an accountant, don't touch this place with a ten foot pole. It's not worth it!
Pros
it's a job that will pay you.
Cons
inept management, nepotism, 80 hour weeks, no work life balance, 23 year old managers with no business experience
Working at Rivet was great experience, I day was a new accounting adventure.
XBRL Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 30, 2012
Production and peer review of XBRL documents
Review, build and apply XBRL knowledge in creating client taxonomies
Follow established department policies, procedures and best practices
Gain knowledge and establish understanding of Authoritative Guidance’s (i.e., SEC and Edgar Filing Manual reporting requirements and XBRL.US)
Meet established deadlines or timely communication
Communicate professionally and effectively through written correspondence to clients
Attends all quarterly trainings to continue professional development
Proactively communicate escalations to senior team members
Participate in Compliance Service Department process improvement initiation
Pros
great team, free lunch
Cons
16 hours per day during filling seasion

Comment – July 9, 2012

Seriously. The job requirements look like they came straight from a job posting. Do not believe this review. Rivet is a terrible place to work.

Comment – July 11, 2012

Rivet is not a bad company to work for. The situation they are in is bad. Companies have ups and downs. This does not make a company good or bad.

Great for resume, but not stable
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2012
This company looked like a great start-up company in the beginning. The company really let people branch out to other departments, but due to a deal handled all wrong, more than 50% of us are not there any more and we only had a 5 minute head start to pack our desks with this information. I still fear for those still there.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
no work life balance.

Comment – July 11, 2012

You are correct, but at the same time, this is what happiness all the time. It’s nothing personal, it was a business decision. I have there only for 5 months, but I need to focus on the positive in this situation not the negative.

Energetic workplace
Document Accuracy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 19, 2012
The most difficult part of my job is during peak when I need to be at work at 5 a.m. My co-workers are the best part of my job; we work well together.

Comment – July 11, 2012

It was a great experience, while it lasted.