RIVIERA COUNTRY CLUB Employee Reviews in United States

Great fun place to work.
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 22, 2015
They were a great company to work for. No micro-management. Great atmosphere. the schedule worked well for me. People are very nice and dedicated to health and fitness.
i got a lot of grill experience
Line cook, Grill (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 15, 2015
My position was the grill and fryer it was a good experience because i learned how to handle different kind of meats at different temperatures,,,It was hard at the beginning but then i succeed.
Big kitchen big restaurant, nice co-worker i got along with all of them.
Great Location & Pay
B&G Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2015
Free Food & amazing atmosphere. Everyday task were not a problem & the staff was great. A well established organization with a stable environment.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Demeaning owner and negative employee atmosphere.
Athletic Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 17, 2015
The owner is terrible. He treats his employees like absolute garbage and shows no sort of care to the safety of his employees or his members. Mold is growing all over the place, carpets are torn and pose a safety threat, and the turn over in this company is outrageous. Think very hard before working for a business that is so negative, an owner who doesn't care about you, but also have the ability to meet some great people. Most of the employees were great to work with they just eventually got sucked into the negative side of the company.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
A single 30 min break in an 8 hour shift, negative owner, low pay for work performed
Productive, hard, but easy work
Woman Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 2, 2015
I would typically clean the building, machines, and the woman's locker room. Guests would typically leave me alone unless the needed something, which I was happy to accommodate. My co workers were fun people, I got along with all of them. Management was the biggest issue of me deciding to leave. There was no communication which left the employees confused and irritated. Upper management did not show appreciation for his employees at all. The hardest part working here, was coming into work and feeling uneasy and pressured. The most enjoyable was working with amazing people and guests.
Riviera is a good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FlJanuary 13, 2015
My expirence at the country club was okay. I expanded my knowledge on different cuisines. And learned a great variety of sauces. My co-workers was hard working and eager to get the job done. Management was the only lacking part of the country club, due to lack of communication.
banquet bartending
High volume bartender (Former Employee) –  tinley park, il.April 28, 2014
nice banquet hall. lots of weddings. high volume cocktail service. management did not deal too much with the bartenders since they had their hands full with an extremely young service staff. co workers were great. hardest part was keeping pace with the high volume. most enjoyable part was everyone was in a good mood because for the most part we worked joyous occasions.
Pros
short shift with good tips
Cons
no benefits
used new recipes from "larousse gastronique" with many interesting historic backvsides to recipes, like chicken marengo "a battle with napolean vs the
sous chef, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2014
sat wotj chef Gunther and review todays work plan, and events for the week...professional f&b manger, however chef ruled the club...I got free golf privelges at club, todays green fees are $250!
driving to club from Redondo beach to los angeles for both school and work was the hardest part...la freeways
Pros
free food, golf...the best training put to use day to day
Cons
freeway driving
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I have worked there only for one week of the golf tournament and can tell that it`s a good place to work, management and staff are friendly. Beautiful location, I wish they had any openings for the full time position at that time.
Dedicated and loyal members keep it fun
Event coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, IlDecember 26, 2013
A excellent establishment to learn first hand the benefits of good management and communication.

Want to know more about RIVIERA COUNTRY CLUB?

Ask a question
Waiter for Weddings
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 15, 2013
Set up for weddings, served drinks and appetizers, prepared meals, served meals, and cleaned everything up at the end of the night.
Pros
networking
Cons
no breaks, no tips
Loved it
Catering Services Team Member/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 21, 2013
It was exactly the type of work I enjoyed doing and loved the people.
Pros
pay and atmosphere
Cons
not very structured
Positive environment to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CANovember 1, 2012
Excellent place to work. You learned fine dining service ,and you also are involved with important people..
Lively workplace
Senior Lifeguard/ Swim Lesson Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 5, 2012
As senior lifeguard and swim lesson teacher (my last 2 summers working there), I was responsible for opening and closing pool duties, whether that be cleaning the outdoor bathroom to opening and closing all the gates as well as making sure my lifeguard staff was well hydrated and ready for work. I was responsible to make sure my lifeguards could perform a rescue whether it be necessary or not. I learned a lot about responsibility, for my co-workers along for the children and adults around the pool. I was the only one who could administer first-aid if someone was stung by a bee, or fell and scraped their knee. My co-workers were all excellent lifeguards and understood their job was very important. I worked with the managers daily, but also had a great deal of independence when it came to the pool area. The hardest part of the job was when severe weather would occur and getting everyone inside and to safety also was a challenge and was also very scary because that responsibility was put on me as the senior lifeguard on the pool deck. I really enjoyed teaching swim lessons to the younger kids who came to the pool because I was able to make a connection with them and with their parents. To this day, I still talk to some of the parents, and they still tell me how I helped their child become a good swimmer.
Productive and a fun workplace with upper class members
Busser (Former Employee) –  Pacific Palisades, CAMarch 19, 2012
Very classy place with upper class members. Strict dress code that consists of White shirt, black slacks, black dress shoes (polished) and black bow tie. Very fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RIVIERA COUNTRY CLUB. Our community is ready to answer.