Riviera Hotel Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Survival skills at there best
Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2015
Having worked in several different departments over 25 years I always felt that most of the employees and management were trying their best to make the Riviera the best it could be even though it was a major task at times. The possibility for advancement and promotion was always there . Good cooperation between personal in different departments was the norm . Even when times were lean and management had to make harsh changes in cutting personal and benefits the overall feeling I had was that it was going to get better and it did .
Pros
free lunch, chance for advancement, friendly people
Cons
the hotel closed
Great group of guys to work with
Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2015
I worked for the Riviera for less then two years. In that time I had the luxury of working with a great bunch of guys (and 1-gal). We often caught allot of advantage players and made it a comfortable, no-pressure place to work.
The original manager was a great guy. We then had a director that oversaw our department and let up take carry on as usual.
The hardest part of the job was the antiquated equipment making reviews and playbacks often difficult at best.

Overall, I would still be there if the place had not been sold and the employees laid off.
Closing
Visitor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaApril 4, 2015
whats the point? They're shutting it down anyways. People loved coming here, I would hear that a lot. People loved coming here on New Years as well but now it's going to be shut down and made into what a parking lot?
Avoid!!
Security Sargent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2015
I worked in Security and we went through 3 Security Directors in the 4 yrs I worked there. That alone should tell you all you need to know. The place has definitely seen its better days and is just hanging on trying to maintain. When there are so many other nice Casinos to solicit, why anyone would go there is beyond me. When new owners/management came in they were caught rigging a big payout slot to not payout the grand prize by the Director who had been there over 10 yrs. (You can read more about this by doing a wed search) Heads rolled from the top down on that incident including me. Avoid this place. You can work for a private Security company and make the same pay without any of the hassles that comes with this place.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its the pits
Nice people to work with
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2013
Nice people to work with , but I only work like 1 day a week I need more hours to pay my bills.
Cons
not enough hours
Do not work here!!!
Security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas nvOctober 16, 2013
I worked here for five years in security, four years as an officer and 1 year as a supervisor. We went through three directors while I was there. The owners and executives do not care about their employees. There are people in security that had worked there for 10 years and never got a raise in pay, that's crazy. 12 bucks an hour to deal with the scum of all scum on the strip, but the "execs" get a big fat bonus at the end of the year. They do have an edr but you need to bring your own food, ridiculous. Some of the people there were good, nice people, the others were no better than the miscreants we had to kick out. The director of security is horrible and two faced. Like I said in the title do not work here, there are much better casinos to work at in this city.
Pros
some good people. security officers do their jobs.
Cons
everything else.
I worked there twice once in the 90's and a week ago bad mgmt bad f & B
Pub Cook (Former Employee) –  Queen Victoria PubAugust 2, 2013
horrible place to work, F and B is rude they give you know help, you work multiple stations with low pay, this is the hardest job I ever had, busted my butt and new chef came in and termed me after knowing me 2 days, I have to balance my break time with caring enough about the guy who relieved me to stay a few minutes and help him out of the weeda and not get wrote up for it, I loved my co workers the servers were beautiful and nice and I miss my routine but I would not recommend working in there
Cons
no edr and no help
Appreciated the opportunity to have long term, stable employment.
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2013
The Riviera gave me the opportunity to learn the different aspects of food service and how to take care of guests. I learned how to be flexible with a schedule, how to get along with co-workers when things can be stressful. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet so much. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and being able to give them a pleasant dining experience.
Thought I would always be their
ASST SLOT SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2012
Worked almost 10 years put alot into every day I worded sent though good time and bad time only missed a couple of days in 10 years. Was treated fairly.
Always wnated to go back and work for them after the bad economic time but was finally sold and new owners didnt want me back. After being laid off in 2007.
Customer service was number one
Pros
great place to work
Cons
laid off change in position requirments

2.8