RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Employee Reviews

Great for single people bad for individuals with families
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WADecember 4, 2017
I would say that it is luck of the draw depending on the territory you receive, manager you have and relationship with your coworkers. If you want to advance be ready to move at a moments notice. A lot of on the job training is done via collaboration with your coworkers and alot of it you have to learn on your own while balancing 10-14 hour days. This is a job that will talk alot of work life balance, but be prepared to put in heavy hours learning and working trying to make sure that you can keep up with the work load. If you have a family this is where it can get difficult. This position is heavy into maintenance and by that I mean you can spend 2 to 3 hours in a store and two weeks later when you come back and anything that you achieved can be undone by retailers and other reps from competitive companies. This means alot of reworking stores while trying to sell more and more products to retailers who do not know you from the last 5 reps for all the products they sell at their retail location. If this is something you are willing to do and you are in a good territory with a good team and manager then the benefits are many. Good pay and ability to advance, a work vehicle that can be used for personal use, medical benefits. If any of these don't match up then it is high stress and faced paced non-stop job that may include factors that are outside your control.
Pros
benefits, pay, opportunity for advancement, work vehicle that can be used for personal use
Cons
work life balance, on the job training
RJ reynolds
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 20, 2017
it was fine didn't really care for the staff but hey it a job I'm glad for the opportunity but the pay wasn't what it was cracked up to be and the hours conflicted with my schedule
Lead Associate (Summer Employment) (Former Employee) –  King, NCNovember 14, 2017
This was the most relaxed job I have ever had. The work life balance was amazing. It was only a temporary job but his was an amazing place to work. Loved all of my co workers.
Good work place
Unit Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCNovember 5, 2017
I loved working at RJ Reynolds. I was just through a contractor and didn't want to be a temp any longer. I want to come back and be a RJ Reynolds employee.
Pros
paid vacation
Fun place to work
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 4, 2017
Visiting customers and working on creating a business relationship to help businesses grow their business in the tobacco category. This job required a lot of travel.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Required to travel long distances for a meeting
Reynolds was a generous, enjoyable, and competitive workplace.
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 24, 2017
Workday was 9-5, with occasional overtime for hardware rollouts.I gained more experience with installing custom OS builds, diagnosing hardware and software issues, and offering in person and remote desktop support. I enjoyed accomplishing management's goals as the company is very competitive oriented. I enjoyed working at Reynolds and was upset when the project ended.
Pros
Bright, modern workplace
Cons
No job security
a good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 10, 2017
i loved working at rj reynolds i-loved my job that i was doing i enjoyed working wit my co-worker i learned so much from the maker lead management was ok depended on who your manger was, the work place to me was a good place work and hardest part of the job is know how to trouble shoot and know the machine that you are operation the most enjoyable is cleaning your machine and and having a good production run
Pros
had a cafeteria for employee
Cons
20 minutes for break and and 30 minutes
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCAugust 31, 2017
We usually are running fast paced to insure production is meet. The culture is great. The most enjoyable thing about the job is no hassle if you are getting the job done.
Pros
Cafeteria on campus and air conditioned
Cons
A lot of dust and tobacco
Stable professional work environment
Sr. FDA Compliance Officer, Supply Chain Logistics (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 3, 2017
Good life work balance
excellent compensation
rewards good performance
Excellent benefits package
Excellent co-workers
excellent work environment
Pros
Compensation
Cons
some long hours
Overall great company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJuly 29, 2017
Great work life balance, great people to work with, everyone is outgoing and friendly and trying to help each other. Freedom on the road visiting outlets is way better than sitting in an office all day. Plus no micromanaging.
Pros
Pay, benefits, peers, managment
Cons
Customers get cranky that you work for Big Tobacco sometimes
a nice place to work
Protos 80 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 25, 2017
it was a nice work place. the people were wonderful. my time there was nice.i encourage people if they have the opportunity to work there please do. have a nice day
Pros
the pay
Cons
no raises
Great place to work but does have a very competitive culture
Account Manager/ Territory Manager III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 10, 2017
My territory was unique and the cost of living was 7x the national average. I was not given a cost of living adjustment. But the day to day of the job was exciting and eventful. The only problem I had was feeling good about my sales #'s due to the nature of our products.
Pros
management, self-reliability
Cons
compensation (for some territories)
Friendly work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
Called on 8-12 accounts per day. Learned how to manage my work load and my accounts very quickly. Definitely honed my sales skills. Enjoyed meeting new people on a regular basis.
Great IT organization
Enterprise Architect Program Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 24, 2017
RJR has unique IT team which supports legacy and new systems. There are multiple vendors helping them on their vision to achieve cloud based environments . great place to work
Solid job, great company!
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2017
The management is top-notch and want their employees to succeed. The culture is good and fellow teammates are helpful. The training is great and is useful in any sales career. The job is fast-paced and can be stressful with the never ending amount of tasks and goals you are expected to complete. You have to be organized at this job and follow-through with your work. It is difficult to maintain contracts in the stores as store space is limited, as well as benefits to customers. The work life balance is good. The company should carefully consider and adjust compensation for states with higher cost of living. The pay does not match the cost of living which is a huge problem.
Pros
Car, Time Off, Flexibililty
Cons
Compensation
great 1st job
Trade Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 15, 2017
Be comfortable in gas stations 100% of the time, spends 2 hours in each gas station, sees about 6 gas stations a day. Pricing, discounting, and company initiatives changing every 2 weeks.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Micromanaged with territory, advancement every 5 years, be prepared to stay in same territory for 5 years and doing the same thing from TM1 to TM2 to TM3
Tobacco Co.s are trash
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West, TXMay 15, 2017
I didn't feel this way before I started working for RJ Reynolds. Coaching "anger", overselling contracts, and reselling past cig recipes to get around gov't regulations are just a few bad characteristics of this company.
Cons
Bad leadership
N/a
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 8, 2017
N/A There is nothing to say about this company. To get information you must research yourself. There is nothing to mention about this company. It was ok.
Flexible job
Merchandising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 30, 2017
The job itself was not bad. I was hired for one territory that was relatively(15-20 mins from home) then 6 months later territories were rearranged and my new territory was 60-75 mins away.
Wonderful company to grow with
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 17, 2017
As long as you are mobile and perform proactively, you will succeed with this company.

Company culture is unmatched. I truly believe this company makes a solid effort to make employees feel empowered in their positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co. Our community is ready to answer.