RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Employee Reviews

Worse place you can possibly work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2017
The management was abusive, inconsistent, and no where near realistic production goals. They cared nothing for their customers. It was embarrassing how badly customer service treated the customer. Compensation did not match the cost of living where we were required to work (our assigned territories).

The stress imposed caused health issues I had never experienced with any other employer, infections, hair loss and carpal tunnel. The trauma of working there took me over six months to get back to feeling normal and healthy again. Several team members showed signs of stress with crying episodes, eye twitching, hands shaking, short tempers and depression.
Great benefits and pay
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Great company atmosphere, good place to work, constant training and team members were very helpful. Management was not so helpful, very critical and have superior complex.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
superiority complex with managers
Good Job
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Good company to work for. however management was not good, the managers here have a superiority complex.Good benefits, freedom and good pay, very hard work.
Job Summary
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 31, 2016
Great company to work for. I had a lot of support. This industry is ALWAYS changing. It can be stressful at some times but great company all around. Can't be afraid to ask questions and they always provide training which is great.
Pros
flexibility, own boss, benefits, salary
Cons
changing industry, many stores, variety of personalities
Professional Letdown
IT Dept (Former Employee) –  Winston SalemNovember 20, 2015
I was an employee at RJR and could not think of a worse work environment or workplace to be a part of. This company offers you little training in your role, has unrealistic expectations and deadlines within the IT dept. and has a hostile and racist culture I have never seen before. There have been minority employees in the same role for many years without being considered for any promotions whatsoever, all the while other non-minority employees coming in from other non-related departments and fields that were unrelated to the IT dept. got consistent raises and/or promotions almost every 2 years. I would not encourage any one who is a minority to come to this company. Bad culture, bad management, extra thick glass ceiling for minorities. The belief is that if you are a minority there that you should just be happy that they have employed you or else.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Management structure, Culture, Diversity in management, Unfair treatment towards minorities
Wonderful company to grow with
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 17, 2017
As long as you are mobile and perform proactively, you will succeed with this company.

Company culture is unmatched. I truly believe this company makes a solid effort to make employees feel empowered in their positions.
Great place to start for new grads
Territory Manager/ Trade Marketing (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COJanuary 4, 2016
Its a great company with an awesome culture. You will have a lot of great experience while you're there. You will learn a lot from a 500 fortune company. A lot of room to grow if you are looking for a long term career.
Pros
a lot of great benefits
Cons
work life balance is not good.
Great company that looks after their people
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 26, 2015
The company takes care of their employees and makes sure that your well-being is put first. They have a great benefits structure and if you work hard you will be promoted.

Management was fantastic as they made the culture a high performing environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Field Rep (Brand Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2016
Great people and job!Always offers ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgment.
Displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.
Conducts research or seeks counsel of experts to gather information needed in making actual decisions.
great place to work
Rework (Former Employee) –  King, NCMarch 14, 2017
packaged and inspected cigerettes. made sure all looked good. replaced bad or damaged items with good ones. also labeled and glued and taped boxes to be shipped.
Pros
good food
Cons
steal toes

Want to know more about RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co?

Ask a question
Summer Marketing Internship
Consumer Marketing Intern, Camel Brand (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Overall a great internship experience, you will get to learn alot about the company and be exposed to many things. Management can not be transparent all the time.
Great place to start a career
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston RegionMay 27, 2013
This company is a great place to start a career since they give you a company car with pretty good benefits but advancement is far and few between. Hard work/life balance even though the company preaches that this needs to be better but they don't do anything about it. Every year at panels they expect you to keep piling more on your plate however if someone does less than you but had lower expectations, they'll get a higher rating than you which means they'll get a higher bonus.
Pros
company car, cell allowance, internet allowance, 401k, health
Cons
Few advancement opportunities, work/life balance isn't there, expect you to do more every single year.
Merchandised in chain accounts
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem NCOctober 23, 2015
I was responsible for making retail calls in chains. My accountablities was merchandising to make sure product was instore. Really liked my team members. The company management was well informed on direction in work environment. Received awards for Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Person of the year for 2 years.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
downsized
Tobacco Company Craziness
Merchandiser and Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 21, 2014
The Tobacco business is very competitive even with your co-workers. This job requires a lot of travel and a fair amount of overnight business trips to be able to manage the territory you are assigned. Sells and Promotions change often so visiting accounts often is necessary. R.J.Reynolds provides great benefits and pay. Most positions come with company vehicles and expense accounts. Employees have a regional office they can report to but most clerical work is handled from home. If you can handle the fast paced and competitive nature of the work this is a good career.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of travel
Good company to work for learned a lot about the machine I worked on.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCOctober 20, 2016
Good company to work for learned al ot about the machine I worked on. I wished they would consider bringing me back on light dutie
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No light duty
terrible work/home life balance
TM III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Not willing to work with you on relocation for medical reasons, even when there are openings. I was told multiple times when there was an opening i could be transferred. That was not true, i was denied 3 times to relocate. instead i had to drive every weekend hours for medical treatment.
What I learned
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2016
I loved negotiating new contracts. I learned that you must try to put yourself in the shoes of the business owner. You will not be successful unless you find a real way to bring value to a relationship. I also learned that you must stay humble. This company spends a lot of time on training. I learned to appreciate the time and efforts of those around me.
Pros
Never ending learning experience
Cons
Time with co-workers is limited
No Work Life Balance
Territory Manager / Trade Marketing (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 6, 2015
Micro Management Over Worked,Heavy work load, and promotions are based on who you know. Use to be a great place to work however, will not refer any of my friends or family.
Benefits
Cons
Direct Managers
Fair and fun work place.
Production Associate/Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Loved this job. I bought four homes and was able to travel to nice places. I was also able to get my three daughters through college.
Pros
all good
Cons
no complaints
Good company to work for but my time was cut short
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 28, 2014
RJR is a very diverse organization that is very adaptive to a quickly changing market. RJR's business is quite resilient and persistent when it comes to the tobacco industry. My coworkers and the clients that i serviced made my time with RJR a very enjoyable place to work. However, the hardest part of the job for me was a moral obstacle; tobacco is not a healthy product and I occasionally felt remorse for representing a company that profited from these products.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Negative Connotation associated with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co. Our community is ready to answer.