RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co

RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: work life balance/ advancement opportunities
Cons: hard to relocate
You don't have to worry about a boss on your back daily, you get to control your day and you are empowered to make decisions that will benefit your territory. I learned how to manage my day without supervision, reach out to teammates for assistance/decision making and to maximize my relationships to ensure that I am getting the best out of any circumstance.
Lots of freedom
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), BurbankMarch 19, 2015
Pros: managment
Very about the employee. Very willing to work with you. As long as you showed you know how to do your job, no one would mess with you. Awesome management.
Unclear Expectations, Unclear vision
Trade Marketing Territory Manager (Former Employee), Midwest RegionDecember 1, 2014
RJ Reynolds sets forth unclear guidelines and expectations for their employees, expecting growth and results in an overall declining marketplace. You are constantly "on call", always required to answer calls from your manager and clients, and answer emails at all times of the day/night/weekend.
Great work/life balance
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Current Employee), AZOctober 6, 2014
Cons: stalled promotions with little to no merit based promotions
Ability to be your own boss and manage your sales territory.
Territory Manager Stockton Ca
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Stockton CaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: car
Cons: management, trainning, gossip
No time for personnel life, micro Manage, Manager not approachable,
only communicates through e-mail, training is terrible.
Good place to start off but not stay
Territory Manager (Current Employee), College Station, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free car, good benefits, autonomy
Cons: repetitive job, not a lot of creativity
Good company to start at right after college, but not a place you want to stay at forever. While the job has a lot of autonomy, the day-to-day gets repetitive and boring. The compensation is competitive (9% 401k matching, free car for personal use), but it's really the only reason to stick it out.
Good job, bad business
Territory Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 5, 2014
If you get past the fact that you are pushing tobacco products, then you'll be ok. If you are a woman, you may not get promoted for a while. But, the pay and perks are nice.
Great Company
Rework/ Unit Clean (Current Employee), tobaccoville/King North carolinaAugust 25, 2014
RJR is a great company. Great benefits, job security, job culture and management.
Good company to work for but my time was cut short
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: negative connotation associated with
RJR is a very diverse organization that is very adaptive to a quickly changing market. RJR's business is quite resilient and persistent when it comes to the tobacco industry. My coworkers and the clients that i serviced made my time with RJR a very enjoyable place to work. However, the hardest part of the job for me was a moral obstacle; tobacco is not a healthy product and I occasionally felt remorse for representing a company that profited from these products.
rj reynolds is cool but debbie's is bad
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tobaccoville, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: debbie maangement and surpervisor
worked under debbie's staffing. lets just say they are not a good company to work for.
Great place to work for
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 27, 2014
This company is a great place to establish a career. They really invest in their people!
good company
Territory Marketing Manager (Current Employee), VAMarch 16, 2014
great pay
company car
management allows for independent thinking
challenging clients
Loved it!
Internal Auditor II (Field Sales Analyst III) (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 1, 2014
Pros: travel, various meeting locations, good income, fun
Cons: short lived - public image fell, company merger put 100's out of work
I had the great opportunity to work with a blue-chip company with some of the best leaders in the country. I traveled extensively throughout the Midwest and enjoyed every place I visited and every person I met. I worked with some very bright people who found fun in everything. It was a great experience. I didn't not enjoy anything about the duties.
Winston-Salem company
SAP Training Consultant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2013
Pros: near to the grandkids in greensboro!
Cons: i could have a real problem working for a tobacco company, but i suppose it could be worse.
Second cigarette manufacturer! Took a while for the teams I was working with to let me be a real member. Like many companies, the development of the system took precedence over development of materials for training end-users.
My development partner and I produced a very large (25 foot long x 4 foot wide) flowchart of the entire PP and PE process - which proved very instructive for everyone in that process in any way. This really should be a standard part of any SAP project - because no one seems to really know who their internal suppliers and customers are, or why some things are done, or even knows that their process may have some serious insufficiencies!
High Performance/No Joke
Follow sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaAugust 26, 2013
Pros: company car
Cons: demanding
Be prepared to have no personal life. This really is a high demand job. I really enjoyed my co-workers, but it was really competitive.
fun workplace
Territory Manager III (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 26, 2013
good company, co workers are great, coworkers are team players
Good Company
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 29, 2013
Good company to work for. Perfect work life balance. Company car and awesome benefits. Company promotes within.
Customer Oriented, Fun, Very Enjoyable, Family Oriented
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2013
Quality for customers, products and services. Great management and leadership. Improvement areas are work/life balance and job security.
Great place to start a career
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Houston RegionMay 27, 2013
Pros: company car, cell allowance, internet allowance, 401k, health
Cons: few advancement opportunities, work/life balance isn't there, expect you to do more every single year.
This company is a great place to start a career since they give you a company car with pretty good benefits but advancement is far and few between. Hard work/life balance even though the company preaches that this needs to be better but they don't do anything about it. Every year at panels they expect you to keep piling more on your plate however if someone does less than you but had lower expectations, they'll get a higher rating than you which means they'll get a higher bonus.
n/a at the moment
Territory Manager II (Former Employee), South CarolinaMay 16, 2013
Cons: promotional advancement is limited
This company helped me grow as a sales professional. The skills acquire have proved beneficial as i have furthered my career elsewhere.

About RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co

"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers – Read more

RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Salaries