RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co

RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Employee Reviews

High Marks for RJR
Boxbuilder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Loved the management & their sincerity and pride they take in their jobs
Cons: The heat and the job so physically draining at times
I enjoyed working at RJR. I got to learn the process of how the tobacco product is blended, sent through a wet, then drying process. The finished product is then sent to what is called the stock chest where there are two chargers that alternate to fill the boxes. The boxes are brought to the scales at the platform by conveyer where they are weighed and shipped out. I would say the hardest part of this job was dealing with the extreme heat, temperatures at times reaching 110 degrees. I mostly enjoyed working the platform as it was more mentally challenging for me.
I couldn't have asked for better co-workers or people in management to work with. We all worked very well together as a team to ensure that production was a success every 12 hours of our four-day week.
be prepared for no life you will take tests on line and then manager will quiz you also
territory manager III (Former Employee), Sparks, NVMay 17, 2015
Pros: expense account all paid
Cons: fighting for shelf space and you must know competitor contract ie marlboro
be prepared for not having any free time you will have to be certified as a tobacco expert do online testing and your manager will test you also if you dont pass you will not be able to advance. Constantly calculating penny profit or margin make sure accounts follow contract, if not you pentalize them (basically you are tobacco police) be prepared to be hard core to your accounts if they do not follow contract
Great Place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee), South Plainfield, NJApril 7, 2015
Pros: work life balance/ advancement opportunities
Cons: hard to relocate
You don't have to worry about a boss on your back daily, you get to control your day and you are empowered to make decisions that will benefit your territory. I learned how to manage my day without supervision, reach out to teammates for assistance/decision making and to maximize my relationships to ensure that I am getting the best out of any circumstance.
Lots of freedom
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), BurbankMarch 19, 2015
Pros: managment
Very about the employee. Very willing to work with you. As long as you showed you know how to do your job, no one would mess with you. Awesome management.
Unclear Expectations, Unclear vision
Trade Marketing Territory Manager (Former Employee), Midwest RegionDecember 1, 2014
RJ Reynolds sets forth unclear guidelines and expectations for their employees, expecting growth and results in an overall declining marketplace. You are constantly "on call", always required to answer calls from your manager and clients, and answer emails at all times of the day/night/weekend.
Great work/life balance
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Current Employee), AZOctober 6, 2014
Cons: stalled promotions with little to no merit based promotions
Ability to be your own boss and manage your sales territory.
Territory Manager Stockton Ca
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Stockton CaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: car
Cons: management, trainning, gossip
No time for personnel life, micro Manage, Manager not approachable,
only communicates through e-mail, training is terrible.
Good place to start off but not stay
Territory Manager (Current Employee), College Station, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free car, good benefits, autonomy
Cons: repetitive job, not a lot of creativity
Good company to start at right after college, but not a place you want to stay at forever. While the job has a lot of autonomy, the day-to-day gets repetitive and boring. The compensation is competitive (9% 401k matching, free car for personal use), but it's really the only reason to stick it out.
Good job, bad business
Territory Manager (Former Employee), San DiegoSeptember 5, 2014
If you get past the fact that you are pushing tobacco products, then you'll be ok. If you are a woman, you may not get promoted for a while. But, the pay and perks are nice.
Great Company
Rework/ Unit Clean (Current Employee), tobaccoville/King North carolinaAugust 25, 2014
RJR is a great company. Great benefits, job security, job culture and management.
Good company to work for but my time was cut short
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: negative connotation associated with
RJR is a very diverse organization that is very adaptive to a quickly changing market. RJR's business is quite resilient and persistent when it comes to the tobacco industry. My coworkers and the clients that i serviced made my time with RJR a very enjoyable place to work. However, the hardest part of the job for me was a moral obstacle; tobacco is not a healthy product and I occasionally felt remorse for representing a company that profited from these products.
rj reynolds is cool but debbie's is bad
Material Handler (Former Employee), Tobaccoville, NCMay 23, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: debbie maangement and surpervisor
worked under debbie's staffing. lets just say they are not a good company to work for.
Great place to work for
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 27, 2014
This company is a great place to establish a career. They really invest in their people!
good company
Territory Marketing Manager (Current Employee), VAMarch 16, 2014
great pay
company car
management allows for independent thinking
challenging clients
Loved it!
Internal Auditor II (Field Sales Analyst III) (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 1, 2014
Pros: travel, various meeting locations, good income, fun
Cons: short lived - public image fell, company merger put 100's out of work
I had the great opportunity to work with a blue-chip company with some of the best leaders in the country. I traveled extensively throughout the Midwest and enjoyed every place I visited and every person I met. I worked with some very bright people who found fun in everything. It was a great experience. I didn't not enjoy anything about the duties.
Excellent Company to work for!
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: total support and very professional atmosphere
Cons: the public being so hard on tobacco companies
Very professional company. A pleasure to work. They give you all the support you need and appreciate hard work and compensate you accordingly.
Winston-Salem company
SAP Training Consultant (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2013
Pros: near to the grandkids in greensboro!
Cons: i could have a real problem working for a tobacco company, but i suppose it could be worse.
Second cigarette manufacturer! Took a while for the teams I was working with to let me be a real member. Like many companies, the development of the system took precedence over development of materials for training end-users.
My development partner and I produced a very large (25 foot long x 4 foot wide) flowchart of the entire PP and PE process - which proved very instructive for everyone in that process in any way. This really should be a standard part of any SAP project - because no one seems to really know who their internal suppliers and customers are, or why some things are done, or even knows that their process may have some serious insufficiencies!
High Performance/No Joke
Follow sales (Former Employee), San Francisco, CaAugust 26, 2013
Pros: company car
Cons: demanding
Be prepared to have no personal life. This really is a high demand job. I really enjoyed my co-workers, but it was really competitive.
fun workplace
Territory Manager III (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 26, 2013
good company, co workers are great, coworkers are team players
Good Company
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 29, 2013
Good company to work for. Perfect work life balance. Company car and awesome benefits. Company promotes within.

About RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co

"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers – Read more

RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Salaries