RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co Employee Reviews

Solid job, great company!
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2017
The management is top-notch and want their employees to succeed. The culture is good and fellow teammates are helpful. The training is great and is useful in any sales career. The job is fast-paced and can be stressful with the never ending amount of tasks and goals you are expected to complete. You have to be organized at this job and follow-through with your work. It is difficult to maintain contracts in the stores as store space is limited, as well as benefits to customers. The work life balance is good. The company should carefully consider and adjust compensation for states with higher cost of living. The pay does not match the cost of living which is a huge problem.
Pros
Car, Time Off, Flexibililty
Cons
Compensation
great 1st job
Trade Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 15, 2017
Be comfortable in gas stations 100% of the time, spends 2 hours in each gas station, sees about 6 gas stations a day. Pricing, discounting, and company initiatives changing every 2 weeks.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Micromanaged with territory, advancement every 5 years, be prepared to stay in same territory for 5 years and doing the same thing from TM1 to TM2 to TM3
Tobacco Co.s are trash
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West, TXMay 15, 2017
I didn't feel this way before I started working for RJ Reynolds. Coaching "anger", overselling contracts, and reselling past cig recipes to get around gov't regulations are just a few bad characteristics of this company.
Cons
Bad leadership
N/a
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 8, 2017
N/A There is nothing to say about this company. To get information you must research yourself. There is nothing to mention about this company. It was ok.
Flexible job
Merchandising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 30, 2017
The job itself was not bad. I was hired for one territory that was relatively(15-20 mins from home) then 6 months later territories were rearranged and my new territory was 60-75 mins away.
Wonderful company to grow with
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 17, 2017
As long as you are mobile and perform proactively, you will succeed with this company.

Company culture is unmatched. I truly believe this company makes a solid effort to make employees feel empowered in their positions.
great place to work
Rework (Former Employee) –  King, NCMarch 14, 2017
packaged and inspected cigerettes. made sure all looked good. replaced bad or damaged items with good ones. also labeled and glued and taped boxes to be shipped.
Pros
good food
Cons
steal toes
Worse place you can possibly work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2017
The management was abusive, inconsistent, and no where near realistic production goals. They cared nothing for their customers. It was embarrassing how badly customer service treated the customer. Compensation did not match the cost of living where we were required to work (our assigned territories).

The stress imposed caused health issues I had never experienced with any other employer, infections, hair loss and carpal tunnel. The trauma of working there took me over six months to get back to feeling normal and healthy again. Several team members showed signs of stress with crying episodes, eye twitching, hands shaking, short tempers and depression.
Productive and fun workplace
Field Rep (Brand Ambassador) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2016
Great people and job!Always offers ideas to solve problems based on good information and sound judgment.
Displays initiative and enthusiasm during everyday work.
Conducts research or seeks counsel of experts to gather information needed in making actual decisions.
Good company to work for learned a lot about the machine I worked on.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCOctober 20, 2016
Good company to work for learned al ot about the machine I worked on. I wished they would consider bringing me back on light dutie
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No light duty
Good Job
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2016
Good company to work for. however management was not good, the managers here have a superiority complex.Good benefits, freedom and good pay, very hard work.
Fair and fun work place.
Production Associate/Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCSeptember 16, 2016
Loved this job. I bought four homes and was able to travel to nice places. I was also able to get my three daughters through college.
Pros
all good
Cons
no complaints
Summer Marketing Internship
Consumer Marketing Intern, Camel Brand (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Overall a great internship experience, you will get to learn alot about the company and be exposed to many things. Management can not be transparent all the time.
Great benefits and pay
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2016
Great company atmosphere, good place to work, constant training and team members were very helpful. Management was not so helpful, very critical and have superior complex.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
superiority complex with managers
terrible work/home life balance
TM III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2016
Not willing to work with you on relocation for medical reasons, even when there are openings. I was told multiple times when there was an opening i could be transferred. That was not true, i was denied 3 times to relocate. instead i had to drive every weekend hours for medical treatment.
What I learned
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2016
I loved negotiating new contracts. I learned that you must try to put yourself in the shoes of the business owner. You will not be successful unless you find a real way to bring value to a relationship. I also learned that you must stay humble. This company spends a lot of time on training. I learned to appreciate the time and efforts of those around me.
Pros
Never ending learning experience
Cons
Time with co-workers is limited
Job Summary
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 31, 2016
Great company to work for. I had a lot of support. This industry is ALWAYS changing. It can be stressful at some times but great company all around. Can't be afraid to ask questions and they always provide training which is great.
Pros
flexibility, own boss, benefits, salary
Cons
changing industry, many stores, variety of personalities
Exciting fast paced sales/marketing position
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2016
Visit outlets in defined territory. Work with great people. Fun job that changes day to day. Very autonomous position, learned to set priorities and became a very organized professional.

Hardest part of the job: Managing time to complete all necessary tasks.

Most enjoyable part: Meeting great people from coworkers, store owners, consumers, and managers.
Pros
Set your own schedule, learn how to run a territory
Cons
Very high expectations, sometimes you can't possibly get everything done.
Interviewed for job
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 30, 2016
Went through this long process to be hired (3 Weeks). Did a Day in the trade and the regional manager did not like me because I new more about RJ Reynolds history than he did. Also he was a weak salesperson and the whole district is losing space for combustibles and snuff. I think it was a big mistake not hiring me. I had more experience in sales and customer relations than he can ever dream of.
Pros
Car and Cell phone.
Cons
Poor sales programs. Upper Management thinks their better than everyone.
Okay Job
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCFebruary 5, 2016
It's was a job before I enlisted in the army. Wasn't too stressful nor demanding. Pretty good working environment. I would work there again if I had too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval