RJ Reynolds Tobacco

RJ Reynolds Tobacco United States Employee Reviews

Great for recent grads
TERRITORY MANAGER, Trade Marketing (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2015
Alot of opportunity to learn and gain valuable business experience. Not a fan of wearing a suit to wash cars- when needed. Promotes those who really are passionate about leading and hard work.
work for big tobacco
Sales (Current Employee), USAFebruary 4, 2015
seriously. you will be working for big tobacco. they pay well, but you better read the fine print. flexible schedule. company car. daily job is easy enough. if you want to advance you better know how to play the game. if you want to collect a pay check, this is the job for you!.
Don't Get Too Comfortable or You Become Less Intelligent by the Day
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville DivisionDecember 31, 2014
Pros: company car, benefits, phone and internet reimbursement
Cons: horrible starting pay, brainless work, and horrible division manager in north arkansas
Not a real sales position: you basically ride around and make customer calls at gas stations and tobacco stores to ensure that they have product on the shelves and current marketing signage. You also GIVE coupons to retail customers, which is about all the "sales" that you will conduct as a Territory Manager with this company.

I learned how to perform basic job functions: pricing schemes and how to climb a ladder to change out advertising signage.

Horrible Divison Manager. If you land in Arkansas hopefully the current DM has been terminated from her position. One Divison in particular has the reputation of being disfunctional, and the reputation is true. It's not the Territory Managers but the Division Manger that has caused the disfunction. The Division Manager's incompetence, lack of passion for the job, disrespect for the team and blatent condescending behavior are the reasons for the disfunction. There has been a revolving door in this division for the past several years. Over 13 Territory Mangers have come and gone!

Co-workers were great overall, with exception of the one or two gossip brewing old heads.

Hardest part of the job was nothing really. Pretty much the easiest job I've ever had...too easy actually. Brainless work.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the outlet managers and building rapport so I could ensure that our sign weren't taken down after I left.
Structured and safe
Territory Manager II (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Pros: management, career path
Cons: wasn't right for me
Safe company to work for. Very straight forward with expectations. Great management. No commission for selling more. Good bonus if company does well. overall great experience and learned a lot
Productive and Exciting place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 1, 2014
Typical day included placing new product n floor
Identifying recent, previous or current customer and reaching out for opportunities to shop and attend shopping events, notifying of specials
RJ Reynolds
Territory Manager III (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2014
Great Company to work for. Flexible work schedule, freedom to make your own path. There is a focus on teamwork from top to bottom.

Hardest part of the job is being new and building rapport with customers.

Very enjoyable career opportunity!
Best company I have had the honor of working for!
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: company car, great benefts, medical, dental, vision, 401k, education assistance, great people, extremely driven company with inspiring leaders
Cons: advancement opportunities and linear progression requirements
Great company that truly values employees.

This truly is the best company and job that I have had.

With that said advancement opportunities are slow to progress and the vast majority of promotions must follow a linear path including multiple geographic location changes.
No job security and benefits were cut yearly
Mechanical Specialist (Former Employee), King, NCMarch 11, 2014
The first 4 years were great but began to change during 5th year and the job went down hill from that point
Productive and really wonderful workplace to work with a gym to keep in shape.
Plant Sevice Attendant/Forklift Drive (Former Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: good salary, sick leave pay, bonus each year
Cons: wonderful healthcare benefits
It was an enjoyable place to work , the atmosphere was pleasant, the workers were great and always there there to help you. The management were awesome and always willing to listen to your ideas about things to improve the job.I learned a lot about safety and also the negativity about tobacco products. The hardest part of my job was saddened when after 22 years in the tobacco corporation they came in and out sourced our jobs to temporary workers, and leaving from a Union job and going to a Non Union job, The most enjoyable part was that I enjoyed going to work each night with good benefits, sick leave pay, vacation pay, and good salary, and agood place to work.
Fun place to work
Territory Manager/ Trade Marketing (Former Employee), MidwestDecember 31, 2013
I very much enjoyed my time at RJ Reynolds. A very good company that really seems to care about their customers and employees alike.
Outside sales, proactive and independent culture.
Trade Marketing territory Manager (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, MiamiNovember 14, 2013
Pros: great health care beenfits, vehicle, flexible hours
Cons: worklife balance achievement was hard to accomplish
Working with Reynolds allowed me to embrace lonely work, every day I had to visit 8-10 stores and ensure that contract requirements were being fulfilled.

I learned how to manage pricing structures, how to address customers and consumers as well need base selling skills.

I participated in several Management seminars that included Presentation Skills classes as well as Coaching and two way open communication with piers and Management. During my time at this company I was able to meet and work with our Regional Director as well as several Division Managers within the Region.

The hardest part of the job was managing work life balance because of the tasks that were asked by our customers, tasks such as working on a Saturday of during peak hours for sales.

The most enjoyable part was the recognition for all the hard work, we had meetings and luncheons in appreciation. I had a strong and wonderful bond with my co-workers and manager.
Great company with strong Core Values and job flexibility
Territory Manager, North Texas & Dallas (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: flexible work times, great work life balance, excellent sales and marketing training.
Cons: no commission structure and bonus levels are determined by a ratings panel. (very pollitical)
This company is one of the market leaders in the tobacco industry. working here has given me great insights into the consumer product goods industry. RJ Reynolds is truly revolutionizing the tobacco industry in regards to both the tobacco products offered to consumers and in how they conduct business with their customers. On a typical day, we would meet with our customers with the intentions of growing their sales on RJ Reynolds tobacco brands and increasing revenues for retailer selling our products.
Flexible schedule and a good quality of life outside work
Account Manager, Richmond Region (Current Employee), Salem, NCSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: overnight hotel stays with meals expensed, company car, cell phone/ internet paid for. travel, meeting/creating new cusmers.
Cons: products we sell.
A typical day at work involves meeting with chain account owners, meeting with wholesalers, setting up meetings, relaying information to territory managers in the field.

Having multiple training in critical selling skills, customer engagement, manager training, and business development has furthered my knowledge and skills as a manager.

I work with people all over the country who have left their hometowns to work for RJ Reynolds. My co-workers are very competitive and self motivated. We all feed off each others drive to create best business practices and bring the utmost professionalism to our customers.

The hardest part of the job is selling a product with no passion behind it. I want to sell/promote products I believe in, I care about, and am passionate about. This is my biggest challenge.

I love to travel and meet new people. I travel all over Virginia meeting new customers and new co-workers. I enjoy running meetings and bringing our company together to further our growth.
Decent place to start a sales career
Territory Manager III (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 29, 2013
Its a decent place to start off but there are limited growth opportunities if you don't have 100% mobility.
RJ Reynolds Tobacco
Territory Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2013
Pros: company car, full benefits
Cons: highly redundant, direct supervisor makes the or breaks the job
Good benefits, direct manager makes the job, no clear path to advancement, lot of rinse and repeat
Had a good time working here
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2013
It was a great company to work for, Ok pay,9-5,m-f , company car but because of the goverment and coming down on tobacco co. my
job would have been one of the first to go
An excellent succession plan for the development of the employees
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee), PRMay 6, 2013
Pros: teamwork and family ambient
Coordinate Shipments activities such as: booking, create BOL, shipment advisory and invoice process thru E Pass. Maintain Planning and Inventory Control records. Analyze MRP report and procure materials according to requirements. Develop Planning, production scheduling, logistic, Purchasing and warehouse operations (receiving, warehousing, and shipping). Senior Operations Manager back up.
Great deal of tobacco process knowledge obtained
QA Auditor (Current Employee), Salem, NCMarch 3, 2013
Pros: excellent help from co-workers
Cons: expensive benefits
Typical day is learning different brands of tobacco and get help from retiring co-workers.
fun place to work. paid travel and business trips. company car with gas amex paid internet
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: company car free gas, free travel paid internet
Cons: managers job security and relocation
Great place to work if u have a good manager because your manager have to come on visits with you to view your work. Awesome benefits. Company car paid internet bill. Amex card
Productive and fun atmosphere where every day is different!
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 24, 2012
Pros: paid company car and fuel
Cons: isolation from co-workers and the feeling of being "alone on an island"
A typical day for me at RJ Reynolds would be visiting anywhere from 5 to 7 different locations where I oversee all of the product availability, pricing, presence, and promotions for the company. During my visits I speak with the key decision makers about where they stand in their market place and ways to improve and grow their respect businesses as well develop relationships with them. Additionally, I will explain to them the profitability behind our brands in order to get them behind our programs and drive our business while I am not in the store to assist them.
During my time at Reynolds I have learned a multitude of things such as time managerment, multi-tasking, and become an expert at business building activities.
The hardest part of my job is the fact that I do not see any co-workers unless their is a large function for us all to get together which really isloates you from the rest of the team and makes it hard if you have a problem to really get clairfication on an opportunity that effects the business. Furthermore, RJ Reynolds empowers each Territory Manager to become the President of their territory and make the key decisions in order to grow the buiness and aid in the long term growth of our company.