RJ Reynolds Tobacco Employee Reviews

Great Company with lots of great benifits
TERRITORY MANAGER III (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 13, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to really help retailers maximize the profits and sales in their outlets, which is a win for the retailer and a win for RJ Reynolds.
Intersting place of employment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2017
Calling on established trade route of up to 100 accounts monthly. Using contracts to gain share of space on cigarette sets and state pricing minimums to gain sell through on products.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Valued Employees -Team Work both Employee and Management
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 18, 2017
Employees work together and care about one another-Team work
Supervision trusted expected you to do a great and quick to show appreciation of a job well done.Great working enviroment. Rewarded employees consistently -for high performance. Good on job training program . The people , my co worker was the most enjoyable/ best part of the job. I miss the people we did our jobs and had fun /worked hard -missed food days.Those were the DAYS !!!
Pros
Compensation/Benefits-All my family RJRT generation
Cons
None during my Tenure
Pretty Relaxed but very busy
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 11, 2017
Good culture. No office which is nice. Very good benefits. would recommend. Free car and free gas. Had some very good management as well as a bit of micromanagement but that was fixed quickly.
Good place to work, good people to work for
Tester/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCMay 10, 2017
Can't believe how some people were hired in some positions. I worked for an agency. RJR management, were very easy to work around. I learned a lot from them and enjoyed the environment.
Pros
I gained more knowledge
Cons
Most of the time stressfull sitiuations
Decent job to start a career
Territory Manager III (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2016
I think that the job is fine as long as you don't want to be promoted. You work alone and spend all of your time in outlets dealing with people who have little working knowledge of the industry. If is difficult to get buy in when the customers are not invested in the business.
Benefits
Cons
Pay is not on par with job functions
RJ Reynolds Tobacco- Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 20, 2016
Great opportunities and a good work atmosphere. A reputable organization with good leadership. Management wants employees to succeed. A great company to grow with.
Cool Place to Work
Territory Manager III (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2016
Salary could be better, but time off and company benefits are some of the best out there. Advancement can be a bit tricky, but as long as you are liked, you will make it far.
Only for fresh graduates
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 15, 2016
The compensation is low and benefits sucks here at RJ Reynolds. What recuiters NEVER MENTION is that company takes $150 from your paycheck monthly for car allowance.They try to woo new hires saying new hires get company car and phone allowance which is merely $40 month for phone.NO work/Life balance. There's no chance for advancement unless you are ready to relocate again.Typical day starts being you out on the field all day and still working once you come home with emails and other reporting.Upper managers don't care how hard you work.Most of the managers have ZERO man management skills.
Pros
Company car
Cons
$150 deductable from employee paycheck.No promotions, bad benefits
great workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCJuly 12, 2016
i,ve don a lot of jobs here,,,,i was always learning,,,and watchng,,,work there 35 yeas,,,,dont seam that long,,,done a of jobs,,,,great people

Want to know more about RJ Reynolds Tobacco?

Ask a question
Great Place to work that provides a good work-life balance
Senior Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 6, 2016
A typical day includes a ride along with a Territory Manager, coaching them on how to develop and implement strategic business plans.

I've learned a lot over the 15 years that I've been with RJRT.....I've taken the good and not so good and that has formed the type of manager I am today. I believe that you are only as good as your people and this has allowed me to build cohesive teams, even during times of change.

RJRT is a great place to work and the people who work here facilitate that environment. I've always said if I ever left RJRT, I'd miss the people the most!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
This company is all about work work work.
Territory Sales Manager III (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 18, 2016
This company does not have a good work/family home-life balance. It is all about work work work. They encourage weekends/overtime.
Management thinks they are doing a good job but in reality they are not. Everyone feels like they are on an island. (outside sales)
The information you need to succeed is printed and you are encouraged to read up on it. However everyone may interpret things differently.
On the other hand, the company does reward their employees very well. Great benefits, good pay, stable company,
Just ok
Head Logistics Loader (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 23, 2016
There were several times when I had a issue with my paycheck or number of hours worked. After working tirelessly, I don't believe I should have had this issue.
Good job if you are able to stay self-motivated. Benefits great, pay is ok right out of college.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day of work is visiting retail accounts and discussing their approach to selling tobacco with the goal of increasing RJ's market share.
Fun work culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 16, 2016
introduction to fortune 500 b2b selling.
worked 8 customers a day.
helped me develop my relationship building credentials with the customer.
Must Strategically Think to be Successful
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2016
Because we represent a declining industry, you must be strategic when trying to sell and grow RJRT products. There is a lot training that the company spends on us to be have the best critical selling skills possible. Every day could be something different, from working at home and planning the meetings, to working with co-workers, to working with clients, to talking to consumers.
Team Oriented and High Energy Environment
Territory Manager III (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 23, 2015
Visited approximately 8-10 accounts a day and performed outlet specific job duties to help grow business of individual accounst based on trading area numbers and opportunity within outlet.

Studied market trends and developed business plans per outlet to help grow business

Management was more of a coaching structure...no office environment so most interaction with management was done via conference call, monthly work withs and team meetings

My co workers were more like teammates...sharing ideas, successes and failures.

The hardest part of the job was trying to sell in business plans as the #2 company behind Phillip Morris Tobacco to retailers

The most enjoyable part of the job was being the CEO of my territory...we were given the freedom to institute our own programs and were trusted by management that no one knew our territories and ways to grow business better than we did
Pros
Free Vehicle, Las Vegas Sales Meetings, Team Environment
Cons
Occasional lengthy travel, Occasional isolation from co workers as most of my teammates lived hours away
Productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 20, 2015
Good benefits, great learning environment. Management and co-workers were great to work with. Just an overall great atmosphere with holiday and vacation time.
Pros
great place
Cons
no problems
Great place to work, hard to advance
Territory Account Manager III (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for however, advancement opportunities are limited. Workload comes in spurts however, job responsibilities are consistent.
Pros
free lunch with boss, company car, annual bonus, job stability
Cons
no commission or no advancement
Ever changing
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  southeastMay 11, 2015
In and out of gas stations is a typical day in addition to approaching customers who have purchased tobacco in effort to offer a coupon to purchase additional tobacco products. The company has gone from B2B sales to virtual cashier. Territory managers are expected to talk to tobacco consumers and sell them on RJ reynolds tobacco product portfolio. Management is typically inexperienced and/or unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is the consistent changes, a territory manager is pulled in so many different directions and is not allowed to focus on the job.
Pros
Company Car, Annual Bonus, Annual raise, 401K and Medical
Cons
Working in gas stations all day, Unprofessional managers with little or no experience in managing people.