RJ Reynolds Tobacco Employee Reviews

RJ Reynolds Tobacco- Territory Manager
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NENovember 20, 2016
Great opportunities and a good work atmosphere. A reputable organization with good leadership. Management wants employees to succeed. A great company to grow with.
Cool Place to Work
Territory Manager III (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2016
Salary could be better, but time off and company benefits are some of the best out there. Advancement can be a bit tricky, but as long as you are liked, you will make it far.
Only for fresh graduates
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 15, 2016
The compensation is low and benefits sucks here at RJ Reynolds. What recuiters NEVER MENTION is that company takes $150 from your paycheck monthly for car allowance.They try to woo new hires saying new hires get company car and phone allowance which is merely $40 month for phone.NO work/Life balance. There's no chance for advancement unless you are ready to relocate again.Typical day starts being you out on the field all day and still working once you come home with emails and other reporting.Upper managers don't care how hard you work.Most of the managers have ZERO man management skills.
Pros
Company car
Cons
$150 deductable from employee paycheck.No promotions, bad benefits
great workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCJuly 12, 2016
i,ve don a lot of jobs here,,,,i was always learning,,,and watchng,,,work there 35 yeas,,,,dont seam that long,,,done a of jobs,,,,great people
Great Place to work that provides a good work-life balance
Senior Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 6, 2016
A typical day includes a ride along with a Territory Manager, coaching them on how to develop and implement strategic business plans.

I've learned a lot over the 15 years that I've been with RJRT.....I've taken the good and not so good and that has formed the type of manager I am today. I believe that you are only as good as your people and this has allowed me to build cohesive teams, even during times of change.

RJRT is a great place to work and the people who work here facilitate that environment. I've always said if I ever left RJRT, I'd miss the people the most!

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
This company is all about work work work.
Territory Sales Manager III (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 18, 2016
This company does not have a good work/family home-life balance. It is all about work work work. They encourage weekends/overtime.
Management thinks they are doing a good job but in reality they are not. Everyone feels like they are on an island. (outside sales)
The information you need to succeed is printed and you are encouraged to read up on it. However everyone may interpret things differently.
On the other hand, the company does reward their employees very well. Great benefits, good pay, stable company,
Just ok
Head Logistics Loader (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 23, 2016
There were several times when I had a issue with my paycheck or number of hours worked. After working tirelessly, I don't believe I should have had this issue.
Good job if you are able to stay self-motivated. Benefits great, pay is ok right out of college.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day of work is visiting retail accounts and discussing their approach to selling tobacco with the goal of increasing RJ's market share.
Fun work culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 16, 2016
introduction to fortune 500 b2b selling.
worked 8 customers a day.
helped me develop my relationship building credentials with the customer.
Must Strategically Think to be Successful
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCJanuary 23, 2016
Because we represent a declining industry, you must be strategic when trying to sell and grow RJRT products. There is a lot training that the company spends on us to be have the best critical selling skills possible. Every day could be something different, from working at home and planning the meetings, to working with co-workers, to working with clients, to talking to consumers.
Team Oriented and High Energy Environment
Territory Manager III (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 23, 2015
Visited approximately 8-10 accounts a day and performed outlet specific job duties to help grow business of individual accounst based on trading area numbers and opportunity within outlet.

Studied market trends and developed business plans per outlet to help grow business

Management was more of a coaching structure...no office environment so most interaction with management was done via conference call, monthly work withs and team meetings

My co workers were more like teammates...sharing ideas, successes and failures.

The hardest part of the job was trying to sell in business plans as the #2 company behind Phillip Morris Tobacco to retailers

The most enjoyable part of the job was being the CEO of my territory...we were given the freedom to institute our own programs and were trusted by management that no one knew our territories and ways to grow business better than we did
Pros
Free Vehicle, Las Vegas Sales Meetings, Team Environment
Cons
Occasional lengthy travel, Occasional isolation from co workers as most of my teammates lived hours away
Productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 20, 2015
Good benefits, great learning environment. Management and co-workers were great to work with. Just an overall great atmosphere with holiday and vacation time.
Pros
great place
Cons
no problems
Great place to work, hard to advance
Territory Account Manager III (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for however, advancement opportunities are limited. Workload comes in spurts however, job responsibilities are consistent.
Pros
free lunch with boss, company car, annual bonus, job stability
Cons
no commission or no advancement
Ever changing
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  southeastMay 11, 2015
In and out of gas stations is a typical day in addition to approaching customers who have purchased tobacco in effort to offer a coupon to purchase additional tobacco products. The company has gone from B2B sales to virtual cashier. Territory managers are expected to talk to tobacco consumers and sell them on RJ reynolds tobacco product portfolio. Management is typically inexperienced and/or unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is the consistent changes, a territory manager is pulled in so many different directions and is not allowed to focus on the job.
Pros
Company Car, Annual Bonus, Annual raise, 401K and Medical
Cons
Working in gas stations all day, Unprofessional managers with little or no experience in managing people.
Fun
Territory Manager III (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAApril 15, 2015
RJRT is a great company and I enjoy working for them. They do a lot of training and teach you a ton about the tobacco category and how to manage your territory effectively.
Great for recent grads
TERRITORY MANAGER, Trade Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2015
Alot of opportunity to learn and gain valuable business experience. Not a fan of wearing a suit to wash cars- when needed. Promotes those who really are passionate about leading and hard work.
work for big tobacco
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 4, 2015
seriously. you will be working for big tobacco. they pay well, but you better read the fine print. flexible schedule. company car. daily job is easy enough. if you want to advance you better know how to play the game. if you want to collect a pay check, this is the job for you!.
Don't Get Too Comfortable or You Become Less Intelligent by the Day
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville DivisionDecember 31, 2014
Not a real sales position: you basically ride around and make customer calls at gas stations and tobacco stores to ensure that they have product on the shelves and current marketing signage. You also GIVE coupons to retail customers, which is about all the "sales" that you will conduct as a Territory Manager with this company.

I learned how to perform basic job functions: pricing schemes and how to climb a ladder to change out advertising signage.

Horrible Divison Manager. If you land in Arkansas hopefully the current DM has been terminated from her position. One Divison in particular has the reputation of being disfunctional, and the reputation is true. It's not the Territory Managers but the Division Manger that has caused the disfunction. The Division Manager's incompetence, lack of passion for the job, disrespect for the team and blatent condescending behavior are the reasons for the disfunction. There has been a revolving door in this division for the past several years. Over 13 Territory Mangers have come and gone!

Co-workers were great overall, with exception of the one or two gossip brewing old heads.

Hardest part of the job was nothing really. Pretty much the easiest job I've ever had...too easy actually. Brainless work.

Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the outlet managers and building rapport so I could ensure that our sign weren't taken down after I left.
Pros
Company Car, benefits, phone and Internet reimbursement
Cons
Horrible starting pay, brainless work, and horrible Division Manager in North Arkansas
Structured and safe
Territory Manager II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Safe company to work for. Very straight forward with expectations. Great management. No commission for selling more. Good bonus if company does well. overall great experience and learned a lot
Pros
management, career path
Cons
wasn't right for me
Productive and Exciting place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 1, 2014
Typical day included placing new product n floor
Identifying recent, previous or current customer and reaching out for opportunities to shop and attend shopping events, notifying of specials

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJ Reynolds Tobacco. Our community is ready to answer.