RJW TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Getting much better
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  700 GatewayFebruary 24, 2017
700 Gateway Bolingbrook,IL

I started a couple years ago, seen many managers come and go.
Pros: Current manger is internally promoted, very hands on leader, will break his back for his team, first manager that pushed training and development, if RJW keeps hiring these guys, good things to come.
Cons: Upper management/pay freeze/management turnover/people in positions because they know upper management. I left due to advancement possibility with another company.

I would work with company again
working here as a temp
data entry temp (Former Employee) –  WOODRIDGEJanuary 13, 2017
was offered a temp assignment in data entry in Woodridge worked all day and traveled my first day in icy conditions and found out after one day they didn't want me back with no reason-no way would I go back there
they risked my life and the temp place is no better thye could have found out why
Pros
Cons
lousy management
Upper Management is a joke
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 2, 2017
This place is just a stop through while you look for something better. There is no room for anyone to move up unless you are friends or related to one of the higher up's. Also you will work your but off and once it's time for your review you get hit with we are on a pay raise freeze and if you ask for a raise you will be given the run around or even let go because every employee is expendable. When a recruiter calls you my advice is don't pick up.
Pros
Some of the people you work with
Cons
No raises, upper management.
Good job if you want to be a slave to people who really don't know what they are doing.
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 2, 2016
Don't go there...bad management nobody knows what they are doing and if you try to help clients and expose frailties in the system you will be GONE. Perp walk included :-). Stayed late,came early...gave 110% but still got canned. Had a good relationship with the clients and other people in the warehouse.....
Pros
Cons
really bad management structure
Nothing special about this place of work
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILlinoisSeptember 28, 2016
Nothing special about this place of work A lot of employee turnover. You get a truck and a Samsung tablet and all correspondence through RJW is through email unless you want to use your personal cell phone.
Pros
Been around for 35 years
Cons
Poor management
I learned a lot.
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed my work and enjoyed my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was making a difference in lives. The hardest part of my job was trying to compete with a male dominated industry in this particular company.
Nice work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 30, 2016
Nice work place and employees
Very busy work days
Love talking with customers
Order entry is very easy
Nice entry level job
Management worries about the wrong thing
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 23, 2015
They worry to much about the volume going out, and not the fact that they have people in the aisles and mistakes are constantlybeing found on a daily basis.
i was the owner
Truck Driver\ Route Planer (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILOctober 29, 2014
I was the owner and owned the truck and drove all day everyday to make the money that I did.
Very uncomfortable environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 16, 2014
RJW would be a good company if they didnt put a freeze on YEARLY PAY increases which lowers down the work moral so you can be working for years and still be at $13 per hour. Ive been working for months and not once had my manager has given me a compliment for hard/dedicated work. They allow family members to work in the same building along side eachother which creates alot of conflict. They make overtime manadatory whenever they want without giving proper notice, we have asked for supplies since last year and are still waiting for them to perform at high level,There is alot of favoritism
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No raises, Managers focus more about themselves, etc Too many to discuss
Fast-paced and multi-tasking
Administrative Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 22, 2014
checking in local and over the road drivers and Outside carriers.
I am the "Go to" person. Most of my co-workers respect me and will come to me with questions.

The hardest part of the job is the volume of work for the amount of time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good company to work for.
Administrative Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoy my job. This is a field that I have worked in for many years. The work is detailed .. a lot of paperwork.
Driver Recruiter
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2013
This was a mid-size ltl carrier, (family owned). Great group of people.
Management were great and very understanding.
The hardest part, was the miles a driver or Owner-Operator would run (at the time I was there) was low, however, that is part of LTL frieght.
Pros
not a lot of red tape to solve a issue for a driver
Cons
at the time (2004 to 2007) the driver pay could have been higher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RJW TRANSPORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8