RMD Advertising

RMD Advertising Employer Reviews

Don't waste your time in this place
Account Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2012
Pros: there's a dog in the office
Cons: everything else
Every employee is miserable. The owners have two employees they take under their wing who's job is to make other miserable. I know first-hand that they tell employees to give newbies a hard time to "see if they will break."

Google them- there was a Columbus Business First article written about them in 2010 where they say they want to get 50 employees – more... in the next few years. They still have seven because they can't get more than two employees to stay longer than two years.

This company is not a place to grow your career. It turned me off to the advertising field by the poor management and lack of leadership.

This team is said to be smart, driven, passionate, etc... The only thing they are passionate about is the company's bottom line. I've seen first-hand how they bill clients, and its guesswork at best. To keep the company running, they in turn run employees into the ground.

I quit after a few months of trying to stick it out, after the owners made me "believe I could make it through it" and then would continue to make life horrible.

I quit on my own time due to the poor working conditions. My previous work experience and plenty of recommendations from prior employers was enough to land me a better position where I'm now running a department and I'm not working for two egotistical narcissists.

I'm honestly surprised they're still in business. I've heard from a number of others who had the same experience as I did and can't believe word hasn't gotten around yet. – less
Successful and driven
Creative dept. (Current Employee), Columbus OHNovember 3, 2012
Pros: great national clients, great team
Cons: when they dance in the hallway, i can't dance!
Mojo team building outings, attitudes-of-gratitudes (calling out the good team members have displayed for the week), hot dog Fridays, Pro Best program to help employees grow professionally, educational allowances, goofy dancing ... it's all apart of the culture. Where employees (former employees) "go wrong" is when they do not demonstrate integrity. – more... This is an advertising agency - no different than any other agency - hard working, deadline driven, mixed in with some stress to be the best. The difference with RMD is that with 15 staff members you can't hide. You must be the best you can, really care about the clients that are served. They are built on serving their clients ... – less
Passionate, team-oriented company that's growing FAST
Account Management (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunities for advancement, growth, friendship.
Cons: some travel for certain positions
The people that work here are wonderful. GREAT people, great sense of team and great client list. Its a good place to grow professionally.
Awful Company and Quite the Learning Experience”
Media Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2012
Pros: this is a fast-paced environment and you will get to work with semi-known clients.
Cons: no lunch breaks, long hours, horrible work environment, stressful
The high turnover rate speaks to the terrible company culture. They push self-improvement, which is contradictory because the company rarely does anything to make improvements for their own employees. They berate and swear at their AEs and creative team, and expect you to put in weekend time at events that have nothing to do with the company or their – more... clients (ex: individuals were scolded in front of the entire company for not attending a 5K run.)

Workdays are 12 hours, in addition to weekend time and evening time. Employees rarely stay longer than a year and mostly put up with the culture because they don't know any differently. The company needs to learn to respect employees and realize they have a life away from the office. The workload is too much to handle and results in stressed out and depressed employees. Employees need a better work life balance and treated with respect.

The company also unfairly cut my paycheck- so be sure to pay attention and ask questions. – less

JessS – November 5, 2012

I am also a former employee and to reference the above review, I can tell you that from my experience at RMD, sometimes former employees that have left this agency were asked to move on because they just were under qualified for the position they were hired for. This is a smart and driven team who really cares about their clients and integrity is a key component for all team members. And BTW, I stayed for 3 years after which I changed careers altogether.

About RMD Advertising

RMD is a confident team. We're a fully integrated brand strategy, advertising and public relations agency with three areas of – Read more