RML Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

Case Management Dept will work you to death!
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Great hospital speaking from a clinical perspective. Case management is very fast paced but enjoyable. The person who runs the place, a woman, has tantrums and yells at staff.
Pros
Great pay, the clinical staff really cares about what they are doing.
Cons
Long hours for salary employees, bosses who yell at staff
productive hard demanding labor
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
overall this is a good place to start a learning foundation. i would recommend working at the hinsdale location. i wouldnt recommend this position for women who have problems lifting as this is 60% of the job.
Great mangemet, always sensitive to emploee concerns/issues. Very good Medical Staff.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Regularl day includes: Huddle-begining of the shift, general info about patients on the whole unit. Then nursing report. Walking rounds, and additional info from reporting nurse, (great opportunity to check on received patients). Individual patients assessment. Then typical planning, implementing and evaluating rendered care. Followed by pertinent documentation in the medical record.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Scheduling, PTO policy
wide variety of medical conditions
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 5, 2015
As an LTACH, the patients at this facility have a wide variety of medical conditions that need to be addressed. That majority of the patients come to RML straight out of the ICU and/or CCU. Many have multiple organ failures.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to be exposed to multiple medical issues.
Cons
It is a very hard place to start if you are a new grad
Highly skilled rehab staff with manageable caseload
Fieldwork Level II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2015
RML offered rehabilitation services for patients experiencing trauma and/or respiratory difficulties. Mainly assisted patients in improving functional mobility, independent hygiene, dressing, etc. Rehab staff consistently demonstrated strict adherence to professional guidelines and provision of highest quality services to improve outcomes.
It was a very fast paced environment with many challenges both positive and negative.
Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 23, 2015
I learned a lot about trach care in a very short amount of time. It was a very stressful job due to a great deal of interaction between physicians, nurses, patients and their family members.
I would say the people that I worked with did a very good job and were very adamant about patient care in getting the job done expediently.
It was always very heartwarming to see patients discharged and coming back to visit a few months later and thank us for our work.
Pros
You learned a great deal in a short amount of time.
Cons
Lackadaisical management which was not open to employees recommendations.
RML provided the experience of a wonderful hospital setting that I was seeking when I first applied.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day started with getting a report from the previous nurse. Then I would delegate CNAs, make rounds, and prioritize patient care. I learned how to work in a clinical acute care setting. Management is supportive is always there when needed. Some of my co-workers were cooperative and helpful, while some others didn't work well as a team. The hardest part of my job was the demanding families. Some families made it difficult to do my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the hands on experience they provided for me.
productive, fun, employee friendly work enviorment.
Assist Patients (Current Employee) –  chicago ilDecember 30, 2013
RML Specialty Hospital. provides a subsatntial amount of education especially if you are looking to further your education in healthcare. They offer tuition remburstment and are very flexible with scheduling. while a typical work day at RML can be very unpredictable, because of the many emergencies that tend to occur within a hospital, the fact that patients improve in our facility is very rewarding.
Would not recommend.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 24, 2012
The managers are very demeaning and as a pct you are on your own. Very few nurses like to help and a majority of them are so stressed by the managers they have attitudes and clearly burnt or burning out. There is no BIG bonus and there is a lot of favoritism and unfair actions. If you want to have your work go unappreciated and feel like you don't know how to do your job, this is the place for you.
Pros
12 hour shifts only
Cons
management all the way to corporate
mismanaged,unorganized
pct (Current Employee) –  chicagoDecember 5, 2012
this is a good place to work if u like to feel underpaid and unappreciated, iif u r not in resp. then your position is not secure pcts are made to do every depts. work ie...dietary,housekeeping,resp,unit sec.,,even some of the nurses will ask u to change dressings but they r no when to b found for lift/turn assistance , no one from any dept. is willing to help them,the nurse managers r overbearing,and dont know how to run the floors. .
Pros
convenient if u live in city
Cons
low pay, no appreciation, too many chiefs not enough indians
Great company and management to work for
RECRUITMENT and RETENTION LEADER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
I enjoy working at this company because I have very clear responsibilities, I know what I do has a huge impact on the organization and I am not micro managed. I enjoy the people at both sites. Great place to work.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
small organization with no growth opportunity
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 29, 2012
I have sincerely loved working for this fine establishment! The Administration is supportive, honest and a top-notch provider of quality patient care.. I just never want to go home!
Pros
top-notch provider of quality patient care
Cons
enjoy working so much i never want to go home!!!
Productive and fun place to work.
RN/Relief Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 1, 2014
RML Specialty Hospital caters to chronically ill and highly morbid patient population. It is therefore a difficult place to work depending on patient load and acuities. However, it can also be a fun place to work as patients and families stay in a long-term basis, and therefore, familiarity can make the job easier to do as opposed to acute care setting. It definitely helps me grow professionally by being independent. It also develops my critical thinking skills in dealing with these kinds of patients. Generally, my co-workers respect me and ask for my help as I am a charge nurse and a Relief Clinical Supervisor. The hardest part of the job is when patients and/or the families are very difficult to manage, behavior/attitude wise. The most enjoyable part of the job is: the management is very supportive of staff. They listen to our needs and provide solutions as much as possible. They even provide us with a gym. Also, they give recognition for deserving employees.
Pros
awards and recognitions to deserving employees
Cons
high acuity patients
I work in a Ventilation care long term hospital.
Patient care Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago,IllinoisApril 28, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction ,and enjoyment I get out of interactions with patients and staff.
Pros
twelve hour shifts
Cons
salary; lack of hours;flexibility
Its was a very great worl place and teaching place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago IlAugust 29, 2013
I loved working for them but I moved out of state. When I started at RML it was my first hospital job and they help me out a lot far as school and my work schedule.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place was nice
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJuly 26, 2013
Worked with a lot large people and lots of heavy lifting, but benefits and pay was good.

Sometimes short staffed and management did listen to nurses sometimes.
Pros
pay work environment
Cons
sometimes understaffed
great place to work,like family
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2012
I:m blessed to have the oppoutunity to assist patients,vendors and staff,to provide them with customer service.I have the privelege of greeting and assisting with issuing passes to visit loved ones.Direct vendors to the right party.I also announce codes such as code blue red,etc.I also print census throughout the day,as patients are admitted,discharged,room changes,outpatient procedures,ets.I am also the main switchboard operator.Direct calls overhead page etc.I enjoy my job to the fullest,i've been providing customer service for about 20 years or more,i really enjoy providing customer service it's very important that the customer is always satisfied.I like to make a difference and go above and beyond the call of duty.I;m also very professional and pleasant which is also very important to me.My co-workers are very pleasant to work with and we work as a team always.My manager is very professional and accomadating and always reachable if needed.
Pros
i'm doing what i enjoy, i walk to work i;m a block away
Cons
i dont get enough hours, very partime
very nice work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 21, 2014
Nice people to work with. Schedule was flexible. Hours of work were not long
Pros
rotate weekends and holidays
Cons
no advancement opportunities
It was a great place to work
Patient Care Technician/Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  chicago ilOctober 22, 2014
I learned a lot at this job I relocated that's why I no longer work here.
Pros
none thing
Cons
none thing
Duplicative role defined in job description, expectations not in line with role
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2013
Unrealistic expectations with minimal regard for the entire function as defined.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RML Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

RML Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location