RML Specialty Hospital Employee Reviews

good team player
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 27, 2017
on my daily work I have learned in my 40years in health care to give all I have to be more compassion to values good customer service I look at my patients and family how treat other how you want to be treated. this saying goes far beyond simply being kind to people,
or going out of your way to be available or helpful to those in need.
I love how working in healthcare has forced me to become more confident,
the hardest part there is nothing really hard about my job I find must a good communicational skills
the most enjoyable part of the job; Getting the job done, so I can do whatever I can help out to be a team player
Pros
coffee
Cons
Realizing
Excellent work environment
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 25, 2017
The patient load is heavy as in medically complex. However the management is extremely supportive. Co-workers are extremely helpful and are very much about team work!
Fieldwork Experience
LTACH OT (Levels 1, 2 Intern) (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILMarch 29, 2017
This was a wonderful educational experience. I felt that I was given the opportunity to grow and learn while also providing meaningful services to patients. I really enjoyed working with the rest of the staff and my Clinical Instructor was tough, but top notch.
It was okay place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILNovember 2, 2016
It was an ok place to work good moral for employees was flexible with scheduling benefits were expensive
Would have liked to wear own scrubs staff got along pretty well
Pros
Kept good moral for employees
Cons
Short breaks
Case Management Dept will work you to death!
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
Great hospital speaking from a clinical perspective. Case management is very fast paced but enjoyable. The person who runs the place, a woman, has tantrums and yells at staff.
Pros
Great pay, the clinical staff really cares about what they are doing.
Cons
Long hours for salary employees, bosses who yell at staff
I liked what I was doing
Respiratory Theray practionar (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILFebruary 6, 2016
Nice place to work
Busy day.
Hardest part was when a patient dies and enjoyable when they recover and spend time with family.
productive hard demanding labor
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2015
overall this is a good place to start a learning foundation. i would recommend working at the hinsdale location. i wouldnt recommend this position for women who have problems lifting as this is 60% of the job.
Great mangemet, always sensitive to emploee concerns/issues. Very good Medical Staff.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Regularl day includes: Huddle-begining of the shift, general info about patients on the whole unit. Then nursing report. Walking rounds, and additional info from reporting nurse, (great opportunity to check on received patients). Individual patients assessment. Then typical planning, implementing and evaluating rendered care. Followed by pertinent documentation in the medical record.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Scheduling, PTO policy
wide variety of medical conditions
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 5, 2015
As an LTACH, the patients at this facility have a wide variety of medical conditions that need to be addressed. That majority of the patients come to RML straight out of the ICU and/or CCU. Many have multiple organ failures.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to be exposed to multiple medical issues.
Cons
It is a very hard place to start if you are a new grad
Highly skilled rehab staff with manageable caseload
Fieldwork Level II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2015
RML offered rehabilitation services for patients experiencing trauma and/or respiratory difficulties. Mainly assisted patients in improving functional mobility, independent hygiene, dressing, etc. Rehab staff consistently demonstrated strict adherence to professional guidelines and provision of highest quality services to improve outcomes.
It was a very fast paced environment with many challenges both positive and negative.
Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILApril 23, 2015
I learned a lot about trach care in a very short amount of time. It was a very stressful job due to a great deal of interaction between physicians, nurses, patients and their family members.
I would say the people that I worked with did a very good job and were very adamant about patient care in getting the job done expediently.
It was always very heartwarming to see patients discharged and coming back to visit a few months later and thank us for our work.
Pros
You learned a great deal in a short amount of time.
Cons
Lackadaisical management which was not open to employees recommendations.
RML provided the experience of a wonderful hospital setting that I was seeking when I first applied.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day started with getting a report from the previous nurse. Then I would delegate CNAs, make rounds, and prioritize patient care. I learned how to work in a clinical acute care setting. Management is supportive is always there when needed. Some of my co-workers were cooperative and helpful, while some others didn't work well as a team. The hardest part of my job was the demanding families. Some families made it difficult to do my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the hands on experience they provided for me.
Productive and fun place to work.
RN/Relief Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 1, 2014
RML Specialty Hospital caters to chronically ill and highly morbid patient population. It is therefore a difficult place to work depending on patient load and acuities. However, it can also be a fun place to work as patients and families stay in a long-term basis, and therefore, familiarity can make the job easier to do as opposed to acute care setting. It definitely helps me grow professionally by being independent. It also develops my critical thinking skills in dealing with these kinds of patients. Generally, my co-workers respect me and ask for my help as I am a charge nurse and a Relief Clinical Supervisor. The hardest part of the job is when patients and/or the families are very difficult to manage, behavior/attitude wise. The most enjoyable part of the job is: the management is very supportive of staff. They listen to our needs and provide solutions as much as possible. They even provide us with a gym. Also, they give recognition for deserving employees.
Pros
Awards and recognitions to deserving employees
Cons
High acuity patients
It was a great place to work
Patient Care Technician/Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  chicago ilOctober 22, 2014
I learned a lot at this job I relocated that's why I no longer work here.
Pros
none thing
Cons
none thing
very nice work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILOctober 21, 2014
Nice people to work with. Schedule was flexible. Hours of work were not long
Pros
rotate weekends and holidays
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Great company and management to work for
RECRUITMENT and RETENTION LEADER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2014
I enjoy working at this company because I have very clear responsibilities, I know what I do has a huge impact on the organization and I am not micro managed. I enjoy the people at both sites. Great place to work.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
small organization with no growth opportunity
Great
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Fun Environment to be a part of learned the Psychiatric piece of billing.
productive, fun, employee friendly work enviorment.
Assist Patients (Current Employee) –  chicago ilDecember 30, 2013
RML Specialty Hospital. provides a subsatntial amount of education especially if you are looking to further your education in healthcare. They offer tuition remburstment and are very flexible with scheduling. while a typical work day at RML can be very unpredictable, because of the many emergencies that tend to occur within a hospital, the fact that patients improve in our facility is very rewarding.
Duplicative role defined in job description, expectations not in line with role
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2013
Unrealistic expectations with minimal regard for the entire function as defined.
Its was a very great worl place and teaching place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago IlAugust 29, 2013
I loved working for them but I moved out of state. When I started at RML it was my first hospital job and they help me out a lot far as school and my work schedule.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RML Specialty Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

RML Specialty Hospital Reviews by Location