RML Specialty Hospital

RML Specialty Hospital Employer Reviews

Great
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Fun Environment to be a part of learned the Psychiatric piece of billing.
productive, fun, employee friendly work enviorment.
Assist Patients (Current Employee), chicago ilDecember 30, 2013
RML Specialty Hospital. provides a subsatntial amount of education especially if you are looking to further your education in healthcare. They offer tuition remburstment and are very flexible with scheduling. while a typical work day at RML can be very unpredictable, because of the many emergencies that tend to occur within a hospital, the fact that – more... patients improve in our facility is very rewarding. – less
Duplicative role defined in job description, expectations not in line with role
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2013
Unrealistic expectations with minimal regard for the entire function as defined.
Its was a very great worl place and teaching place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chicago IlAugust 29, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved working for them but I moved out of state. When I started at RML it was my first hospital job and they help me out a lot far as school and my work schedule.
Great place was nice
CNA (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILJuly 26, 2013
Pros: pay work environment
Cons: sometimes understaffed
Worked with a lot large people and lots of heavy lifting, but benefits and pay was good.

Sometimes short staffed and management did listen to nurses sometimes.
Enhanced learning and teaching environment
Core Clerkship in Pediatric (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Hospital services enhanced. Good learning environment. Enjoyed working and learning.
mismanaged,unorganized
pct (Current Employee), chicagoDecember 5, 2012
Pros: convenient if u live in city
Cons: low pay, no appreciation, too many chiefs not enough indians
this is a good place to work if u like to feel underpaid and unappreciated, iif u r not in resp. then your position is not secure pcts are made to do every depts. work ie...dietary,housekeeping,resp,unit sec.,,even some of the nurses will ask u to change dressings but they r no when to b found for lift/turn assistance , no one from any dept. is willing – more... to help them,the nurse managers r overbearing,and dont know how to run the floors. . – less
great place to work,like family
Receptionist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2012
Pros: i'm doing what i enjoy, i walk to work i;m a block away
Cons: i dont get enough hours, very partime
I:m blessed to have the oppoutunity to assist patients,vendors and staff,to provide them with customer service.I have the privelege of greeting and assisting with issuing passes to visit loved ones.Direct vendors to the right party.I also announce codes such as code blue red,etc.I also print census throughout the day,as patients are admitted,discharged,room – more... changes,outpatient procedures,ets.I am also the main switchboard operator.Direct calls overhead page etc.I enjoy my job to the fullest,i've been providing customer service for about 20 years or more,i really enjoy providing customer service it's very important that the customer is always satisfied.I like to make a difference and go above and beyond the call of duty.I;m also very professional and pleasant which is also very important to me.My co-workers are very pleasant to work with and we work as a team always.My manager is very professional and accomadating and always reachable if needed. – less
acute care
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILOctober 30, 2012
Pros: resp position is fair
Cons: poor support
some area's need major improvement regarding nursing and employee health.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse Clinician (Current Employee), Hinsdale, ILSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: top-notch provider of quality patient care
Cons: enjoy working so much i never want to go home!!!
I have sincerely loved working for this fine establishment! The Administration is supportive, honest and a top-notch provider of quality patient care.. I just never want to go home!
Would not recommend.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), ChicagoSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts only
Cons: management all the way to corporate
The managers are very demeaning and as a pct you are on your own. Very few nurses like to help and a majority of them are so stressed by the managers they have attitudes and clearly burnt or burning out. There is no BIG bonus and there is a lot of favoritism and unfair actions. If you want to have your work go unappreciated and feel like you don't know – more... how to do your job, this is the place for you. – less
Team work and dedication
Skilled Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 28, 2012
Pros: great bonuse at the end of the year
A typical night at RML Speciality hospital is good sometimes and bad at times. Meaning our patients have multiple Illiness and we try depresperately to keep them alive and well and clean and we attend to their ever needs.

I have learned from working at RML Speciality Hospital is that most of the Nurse's and Patient Care Technincians believe in what – more... we do and we care and have empathy for all patients who come to RML. I also learned how to keep patients clean and dry and also to work together as a team so that we will not strain ourselves and bodies to care for tthese patients. We work together for patients who are afraid while on a ventilation machine so that they will fill safe and secure while cleaning them.

Our Management team is excellent when it comes to patients who are indistress. They are very knowledgeable as Clinical Nurses and they pull patients who are in distress out of the situation or send them to a facility where they can be saved.

As I mentioned above that the employees who work at the chicago facility coworkers work very hard and together to keep patients alive.

The hardest part of the job is to see patients receive comfort care. When there is nothing else we can do for them and see them pass away.It becomes a sad day and we always remember them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people who care about their patients.Our Chicago Facility loves one another and care about what happens to each other and if we are not at work we are concerned as to why.

Sincerely Yours
A dedicate Patient Care Technician – less
I work in a Ventilation care long term hospital.
Patient care Technician (Current Employee), Chicago,IllinoisApril 28, 2012
Pros: twelve hour shifts
Cons: salary; lack of hours;flexibility
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction ,and enjoyment I get out of interactions with patients and staff.
Great hospital to work for.
Registry Ultrasonographer (Current Employee), Hinsdale,ILMarch 8, 2012
RML Specialty Hospital is a wonder place to work for. They take care of their employees, showing great appreciation for our work.