RMSI Employee Reviews

Horrible company tow work for
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Rmsi need improvement they are not good to employees and will bribe you just to stay with them!! They don’t care about there employees. Would not suggest for any friends to work here
Do not work for this company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 4, 2017
The worst company ever!!! I was told i was hired filled out all paperwork told my current job that i was leaving. Then a week before my start date they called me and said that there was no work for me and that they couldnt hire me. Dont waist your time with this company!!
Micromanagement
Asst. Lead Merchandiser Maui (Current Employee) –  California and HawaiiDecember 4, 2017
Micromanaged is an undestatement and there not looking to change.
If you want to have a position where your under paid by industry standards and emailed for everything you do and not compensated for everything they expect of you on your time, this may be the job.
Pros
work in abundance
Cons
not paid for work on your time and micromanaged
It's a job
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2017
It's a job until you find something else. work 4 days a week, and you get the weekend off, and holidays...Sometimes that can be hard though not having hours. Easy job though.
reset mods
Remodel crew lead (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551December 1, 2017
pending on the manager in charge depend on if you started right away. The stores we were resetting where not much help either at times. The co workers didn't always like new people that KNEW what they were doing from previous jobs, especially when the main boss didn't care for that person.
Pros
Cons
NO benefits unless you were management
Long productive day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 30, 2017
Review Schematics and section, set section to schematics standards, and crate go-backs and deleted. All in a timely matter. then once that's done we have to go through new items.
Pros
Hard Workers
Cons
No benefits, unequal pay, favoritism
No loyalty
Merchandise Resets/ Logistics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 23, 2017
First of all, there is no loyalty to the employees that have been working for RMSI for years, There are no pay raises, but new hires get hired at $1-$2 more, there is no overtime, there are no benefits (unless your corporate). If your lucky, you get paired with someone who can take the time to help you get started, but there are set times that the set you're working on has to be done by and if and when time gets short , the supervisors get nasty and pushy. It gets stressful and that makes matters worse. Also, one word......nepotism and discrimination! If you don't know someone on the inside...... good luck!
poor managers
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 22, 2017
Management is poor, they do not look out for their employees, they stand with the company, they do not help in anyway to solve problems and they stretch the employees very thin.
Apply at your own risk
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 19, 2017
Only apply to positions here if you like long tedious hours at low pay, extensive between store drives and hotel stays.... Medical comes after one year, and you have to pay for even the basics.
Leadership in place
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 10, 2017
the processes were set and clearly defined for each employees job classification. Not a lot of freedom to discuss changes to make the operation more efficient.
Great place
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 9, 2017
This is by far the best position I've held. I love the company and the culture. The work life balance is accommodating and management totally grasps the "family first" concept!
Fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C.October 19, 2017
Merchandising resets in Safeway stores throughout the US. Ability to read a planogram and reset merchandise. Hours are overnight when no customers are in the store.
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Travel
Nice change of pace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 14, 2017
I like this job it was easy paced with good pay.. i like my manager and co-workers We worked at a diferent store every day and you could work the hours you wanted
The worst company in the workforce history!
Overnight Merchandise Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 13, 2017
Bad management and bad employees. Terrible work environment. No raise, no moving up. No respect. A terrible rude supervisors. Worst retail company in the U.S.A
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad management and bad employees
Work is ok, pay is not
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2017
The biggest problem that I have with the company is that one week you have to kill yourself to get everything done because there is so much work and the next week you might get 15 hours. You can't live on this job and count on a week to week paycheck.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Work/hours consistancy
Poor Management
Remodel Specialist (Safeway & Albertson's) (Current Employee) –  anywhere they needed usOctober 5, 2017
I loved this job at first, until I got to know more than my immediate supervisor. This organization is run poorly, with no communication to merchandisers, who are their bread and butter on the front lines. We received our schedule for the upcoming week sometimes just hours before having to pack and head out of town for the week! Some of their leads have absolutely no clue what's going on, sometimes you had to wonder if they knew how to merchandise themselves. There were many leads that just stood or walked around all night without helping out, even when all they complained about was that we were so far behind schedule. This made the job more stressful than it needed to be. My immediate supervisor was amazing, too smart and talented for this company. Hopefully she realizes that sooner than later!
Pros
Co-workers, hours, & travel
Cons
No communication, pressure, pay
great lead and ok working hours. Travel sucks if you have family.
wave merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MT and Helena, MTOctober 2, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work as long as you don't mind traveling for work and being away from home for a week at a time. other than that management is wonderful but the communications can get screwed up sometimes. when you are away from home the set you up in a nice hotel and pay perdium.
Pros
perdium and hotel stay while out of town.
Cons
travel, no benefits, and comunications can go aray
Ok
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 1, 2017
It's a good job just not the best for me, I do recommend this Job for others, it's great pay and early hours giving you the rest of the day to do as you please
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Travel far
Overnight shifts and lots of travel
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 29, 2017
All overnight work schedule from 10pm to 7am. Travel in your designated area about 40 miles but inconsistent hours lead to more travel up to 100 miles.
Pros
Late nights
Cons
Extended travel
Good work good pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WASeptember 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Flexible and pay excellent.
Good management. I couldn't do the long drives at night
going home.

I was left alone to complete the tasks. Resets to plug and
pull. put new product on shelves and took of old. Checked
dates and left everything neat behind me.

Always looked forward to go to work and work with associates
of each store I would work in.
Pros
Hard work, good direction, good pay.
Cons
Just I could't take the long drives home at night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8