RMSI

RMSI Employer Reviews

Had a great team leader, team got along well, hours fit personal schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: the hours fit my husband's schedule, was not sitting or standing still for long periods
Cons: sometimes the road conditions weren't agreeable for travel, some equipment was a little heavy or hard to put together
Each night we worked a different Safeway store, the team at that time knew the job, was well organized and helped each other to get done ahead of schedule most of the time. We all usually arrived early and got our assigned plan-o-grams, went to the back room, gathered banana boxes, cleaning supplies, new items if any were available and proceeded to whichever area of the store to take out discontinued product, move and clean shelves, etc and work in new product. Checked to see if anyone needed help with their section, finished all areas, made sure everything was set correctly and neatly. When done, cleaned up area, boxed up discontinued items and overstock, put on new tags, did walk through with merchandise coordinator and team leader. While employed with RMSI I learned about importance of placement of products. I did not know anything about merchandising and my team leader was very picky and she taught us well. Being military and coming from a military family I was taught what she basically needed from us; if you are going to do a job, get it done as quickly as possible and do it right or don't do it at all. The hardest part of the job was moving old heavy shelves but someone was always willing to help out. The best part of this job was different locations each night, even when I traveled out of town, never boring, we were so busy the night went very fast. I think the attitude and personalities on the team helped out a lot, we all cared about the job and wanted to keep our boss happy and the store employees knew that about us and coordinated with us as much as possible to get all our jobs accomplished. And the sunrises were pretty great too, and got off just in time to hit the lake for fishing most days in the summer. (lots of the team were fishermen)
Consistent work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Livermore, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: overnight
Cons: travel, no health benefits
Great communication, fun job, alot of travel. Meet and work with management and clients day to day
very productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Highland Park, NJSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: long break
Cons: too long
It was very fun working with company. You enjoy the job because it is very productive and time flies.
Somethings happening to this company.
merchandiser (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2014
For years I always had a full week of work. Lately, there has been very little work. I now only work a few hours a day. My store contacts have even mentioned that somethings up. Does anybody else know what's happening? I'm very concerned for my job. I think it's time to jump ship.
Fun place to work
Project Trainer (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: flucuation in hours
Been with RMSI for 11 years and I have no major complaints. Decent pay long hours and big territories
Lack of benefits and inconsistent hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Livermore, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great compensation for driving, a lot of travel
Cons: no healthcare, no extra perks
Working for the company would be great if it supplied consistent hours every week and included benefits. Even some tenured employees get left off the schedule a couple days because of the lack of work. Typically expect at least three days of work, most weeks will be four to five days. However, it was quick and easy to acquire employment and learn the skills required for the job. Great for interim employment while job searching especially with the hours allowing for a productive job search.
Early Hours
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJuly 9, 2014
Pros: getting off early
Cons: lots of driving
Hours are from 2AM to 10AM, very quiet and isolated good for non-people oriented, the management was good. The hardest part was the early hours, most enjoyable was the time off
Early Hours
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJuly 9, 2014
Pros: getting off early
Cons: lots of driving
travelling experince
Interviewer (Former Employee), Western Region, GhanaJune 19, 2014
very time consuming and very human friendly, must truthful n your report and being a team player
Great co workers and management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), IllinoisJune 9, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: hours and closing of stores
Learned great problem solving and plan reading at this job. The management and coworkers all worked together to make sure all projects were done before the end of the night. The hardest part was the times when projects lasted longer than they should have due to shortage of staff. The most enjoyable part was the teamwork that we had and how we came together to finish the task.
Good People
MERCHANDIZER (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 24, 2014
Pros: little travel
Cons: odd hours, not definate
night shift, setting multiple displays every night, can end early or really late. lateset I've seen is 7 AM
uk
Merchandiser (Former Employee), MD and VAMay 15, 2014
I learned to read and set to POG, Learned how to build relationships with each store,
great place to work, best bosses I've had
Merchandiser (Current Employee), WAApril 21, 2014
Pros: the overnight hours mean you can have a second job
Cons: the part time hours means you need a second job
I really love this job. when things start getting too much, tired, exhausted, there is a break in the wave. I get holidays off and plenty of time to see my family. I do wish that the breaks where a little less time off. Every night it feels great you get to solve a puzzle. you get to see what you have accomplished every night, because by morning you should be finishing your set.
Disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2014
Reset shelving and products per schematic provided. Managers change constantly and often do not have all the necessary tools to perform the job. Bring a pen, pencil, box cutter, tape measure, screwdriver, and even a hammer. Freezer gloves are great working in the frozen/ cooled sections. There is a bunch of heavy lifting, and a significant amount of movement and detail needed to perform the job.
Fast paced work environment with friendly employees
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee), WADecember 14, 2013
My typical day starts at 10pm. We drive to several locations in the area, some being 60-70 miles away. Completing our work on time is very pertinent with this company. If we don't, the management or the vendor employees have to stay late to finish it, which is very unfair to them. All of my coworkers are pretty upbeat and positive, which is nice and helps with the work environment. There really isn't anything too hard about this job, but the most enjoyable part of this job is being able to look at the work you have done at the end of the night and feel accomplished and good about it.
Need more work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), all locationsDecember 12, 2013
company is good to work for but needs more opportunity to expand.,
Nice people to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2013
This company needs new people to run their teams. Their leads are very unprofessional in their looks and customer service skills. The lead and team members smoke weed while they are at work and it makes the company loo bad. If you arent white or a male you wont get far with RMSI.
Just a Job
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 2, 2013
Pros: make money
Cons: low hours, no benefits get paid by a temp service.
I go into different stores and merchandise. I have learned how to cut new Items in and use their computer system. I do not work with anybody. The most enjoyable part is to work hours around my schedule.
I hate RMSI
Re-sets. (Current Employee), San Francisco, caNovember 19, 2013
Pros: co-workers, fellow team members very helpful
Cons: no communication, you can be let go for reasons unknown to you, too many blackout days.
I don't work for RMSI, I work for another company and we are the second reps for resets. Because RMSI are the leads all direction comes from them. Some of the leads are cool yet they smile in your face and go back to their bosses and talk crazy about you and you never know till it's too late! I had my first team lead, say all was well,we got along fine and worked well together so I thought, until I was informed by my boss that she wanted me off the team and gave three different. excuses why! Same with my second team lead, thought all was well until I recently caught the flu and was out for about a week and a half, as I was getting ready to go back to workwork I was told by my boss that I was no longer on the team and no longer doing the resets at night! No reason that I am aware of. They can say whatever they want about you true or not and you never get a chance to tell your side, your just gone! I was a manager at another job and my experience says if you have a problem with an employee then you discuss it and fix it. Seeing as though no one ever said my work was incorrect I wonder what their problem is. Just not very professional if you ask me. Do I still work for my company, yes, do I have to deal with RMSI again, NO! Am I glad, yes! Although I will miss my Co-workers because they are good people, I just don't like the games RMSI plays because it follows you and you will have no clue as to why, they just smile in your face joke with you, have a good night at work and the whole time they are tapping on their little laptop saying whatever they want! Maybe if you work for them directly instead of contracted through a second company like myself your experience will be better! I surely hope so!
ok place to work
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee), Olympia waNovember 13, 2013
You get the weekends off and the pay was not bad.But you do a lot of driving