RMSI Employee Reviews

Unorganized
Merchandiser, Team Lead, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2017
Good money and the work is basic. But if you need stability this is not the place . No set time to leave . Job is grave and they ask that you travel whenever as they ask
Great Team and Team Leads
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2017
I had another PT job and RMSI was able to assign my hours around that job. Even if i had to change my hours for the week i always gave a few days notice, they were accommodating.. I worked for 2 great team leads. They were knowledgeable caring and fun. I have 30+ years in Retail and a had a few merchandising jobs as well. This was easy, detailed and fun. The hours are a bit rough, getting up at 3:30 every day for a 5am start time, if you have a 2nd job to go to. The only reason i left was because my PT Medical job went FT. If i ever need extra hours again, this will be the first company i call.
Pros
Great flexible hours and Good Team Leads
Cons
No benefits.
You have to know how to kiss butt
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2017
I loved my job & what I did, resets. I was very good at it, but this company made me not want to go to work & deal with all the bs. You either had to be related or dating someones family on the team in order to get hours.
Pros
Paid drive time & mileage, visit different cities
Cons
You worked a different city & it was all overnight
productive and fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 2, 2017
My day consisted of moving shelves to correct height size then making sure all merchandise were put in the correct order according to planogram form, also made sure all discontinue merchandise were taken off shelves to be packed in crates to be to sent back to its rightful location in shipping and receiving. The work place environment was a real mild environment just a little fast pace. I truely enjoyed the experience and was nothing i couldnt handle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that i worked with. Everyone got along well and worked as a team to get the job done as planned.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Great pay, not a lot of free time
Merchandiser Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 1, 2017
Working far from home is great when the mileage shows up on your checks, but it makes it hard to spend time with family. Directions on assignments were often confusing, but easy to figure out if you have common sense. Some of the management remain good friends of mine, but others were back stabbing or incompetent.
Failed Potential
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  southern coloradoAugust 1, 2017
Company itself has many good intentions just not the organization or whatnot to follow thru. Direct management uncaring, allowing situations to slide thru that would normally be handled or even addressed with any other company
Pros
great money when traveling
Cons
on the road 3 weeks a month, hard on family life
Loved the job; the company (management needed work)
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
Every day we would just work on planograms; either alone or with a couple of others. I learned 2 new ways that these companies ticked. The management (up to the district mgr & regional mgr) would chase their tails sometimes and we wouldn't know the store to report to until the night before. Hardest part of the job was moving large shelves and displays. Most enjoyable part was constantly going to new stores so we wouldn't get in a rut.
Pros
Good pay; usually had fun with other coworkers (no drama).
Cons
Frustration from others not 'pulling their weight'.
Enjoy what I do
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy the resetting jobs. I work as a team at RMSI. When I was with PLM, I was assigned a store, given the sets at the beginning of week and had the week to get done. Worked by myself unless I was in need of help. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Cons
I am working
rmsi
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 22, 2017
Not a good place to work Hours cut no vacation no health benefits
no leadership unsafe work place there is favoritism amount the supervisor and some of the staff.
Good days
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 18, 2017
I learned to work fast, i would help my lead in training new coworkers, there was really nothing hard about it I enjoyed what I did. My team lead would put me on difficult sets because he knew I would get it done on time.
Produvtive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2017
Meet with the team lead they will give you a section.
how to organize and stock shelves.
Management was very helpful the would work/help with section as well.
diverse
Night work
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 11, 2017
Inconsistent hours on a monthly bases. It is always hard to get ahold of management, most only like contact through email, without responding. They hire anyone that shows up, even if that person can't even complete the job correctly.
Pros
weekends and holiday off
Cons
no hours
Best Job Ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2017
Relaxed overnight job restocking, remodeling, and setting up Vons stores for the new products that they bring out. Small crew of about 8-12 close family like co workers.
Pros
Overnight, Relaxed
Cons
Traveling job
Productive and fun work environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2017
Loved the people I worked with and the atmosphere. The work was simple as long as you payed attention. Was sad to leave, but needed a position with steady hours and a consistent paycheck.
Pros
amazing people, good break times
Cons
lack of communication and a work as a team mentality
they cut corners & hours
Remodel merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2017
Miserable company to work for. They hire you and then barely give you hours. No wonder they have such a high turnover rate. Adults can barely survive at what they pay, but when they start cutting down your hours you have no choice but to find another more consistent stable job.
Pros
always hiring
Cons
always cutting hours
unprofesssional
remodel team lead (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 24, 2017
I worked for this company for 5 years, they treat their employees like dirt. Never can get a raise unless promoted. Higher ups belittle others. Stress caused by employer not worth the money. Lack of leadership and knowing what to do is incredible.
Pros
Cons
everything
The time on the clock went fast
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 22, 2017
Easy going company, and the time always went quick. Hardest part of the job was working overnights, but day hours were also available. I would work for them again if work was available at my new location.
Easy work, horrible management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CaJune 17, 2017
I was with this company for over a year and whike the work itself is easy, the management is sloppy. I was okay with all the driving because after you work a wave(5-6 weeks transition of new planograms), you are going to the same stores. But, the team leads are (as always) very unprofessional.
Pros
Work/life balance, pays more than most merchandising teams
Very great work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 13, 2017
Great people
Great management
Flexible and understanding
Good pay
Work is not always guaranteed but they have never failed me in communicating the work schedule
Pros
Great environment, flexible, understanding
Cons
Work is not always guaranteed
Temporary Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 12, 2017
This is a job meant for someone who just quickly needs a job in the process of looking for a job. The company is very immature, they work on a buddy system therefore it's friends giving friends promotions no matter how lazy or unacknowledged they are of the job. They like to say theirs no work but trust me they find work for their friends. A lot of stoners or desperate job seekers, basically any employee who remains at this job stays because they don't have many options so they make the best of it. The company uses that desperation to take advantage of them by rapidly giving and taking away hours with no warning and constantly change big plans on a fly. The Only things they provide for you to do your job with is stickers, you have to buy your own tools and markers. They dont know if they want to be strict or laid back so they're constantly changing rules and only apply them when they want to be professional all of a sudden. If you're doing conversion traveler work you get to travel and get more hours than you would at home but you have to roommate with people you never met before and the hire ups constantly keep you on a need to know basis so you never know what's going on, where your going, when your going home. Basically this job is meant for the desperate or someone who just wants a little extra money. Although If you're good at charming and making friends You will get very far in this company.
Pros
Per diem when you travel, you meet (some)nice people, overnight work
Cons
No benefits, Not a dependable job, immature unprofessional company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9