RMSI Employee Reviews

Job Overview
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2016
The work is fun and intense. Mostly the work hours are at night and early in the morning. Hard to work schedule sometimes. The scheduling is usually a last minute priority. The hours are not steady. They can range from -0- to 40. Can't depend on a regular work schedule. The company is aggressive and working to produce more work. Very little promotion structure .
Pros
Work is fun and you get some satisfaction in this type of work.
Cons
No regular hours or promotion structure.
Terrible company to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  So CalDecember 30, 2015
Worked here for 3 years and never received a raise.
How employees don't complain to the EDD for not being reimbursed properly. Always had to buy my own paper and cartridge. Company was too cheap to reimburse.

Time to move on to better companies to work for!
Pros
Cons
everything!
like the work but they dont treat their employees very good
re-set merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 21, 2015
doing resets in grocery stores
i enjoy the work just wish they treated people better
if you make your lead mad they cut your hours..
Mislead at the beginning and after
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend/Redmond/Madras/Burns OregonNovember 20, 2015
Well, first off, I lasted two day with these people. First, I was misinformed of the scheduled days. I was told Sun-Weds which fit great. Then it went to Mon-Thurs which did not at all. I also found out after starting and asking questions, that there were a significant number of "breaks" in-between the work schedule. Most were two weeks in length and the fourth quarter was a joke if you have bills to pay. No benefits what so ever and you are PT. You can do a lot better elsewhere. BEWARE!!
Pros
Cons
Part time only, no benefits, unknown schedule
i was part of a great team of people and it was a fun atmosphere to work .
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 5, 2015
I worked with some really great people, I learned so much more with this company, the night shift was the perfect shift for me. The company didn't inform us that there is no hours available because of the Albertson's buy out so they left so many employee's jobless, not happy with the way they handled the situation at all.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
not enough hours
fun work environment with awesome co-workers and a type of work that is exactly what i need
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 8, 2015
RMSI is a great place to work for me specifically because my co-workers are awesome and the job is perfect for me considering I am very detail oriented and love organizing. Unfortunately, although I love this type of work, the hours fluctuate and are make my income unreliable. At this point in my life, I NEED something stable that I can rely on in order to pay my bills.
Pros
co-workers, different location every night adds variety
Cons
graveyard, unstable hours
retail
Merchandising/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  20747July 9, 2015
stock and check shelf heights set area to plano-gram keep area clean im a team supervisor the hardest part of the job is keeping the store clear while customers are shopping the most enjoyable is seeing the project finished
RMSI
Programmer, System Deveopment (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at RMSI began with reading through the tasks I set for myself the previous day on my task board. Prioritizing tasks as they come up.

I wasn't able to grow in this company. The tasks were simple, and the problems easy to solve. That was the hardest part of the job, the lack of difficulty, the joy of solving a hard problem, or learning a new software.
BEWARE
Grocery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
This place is a sham. I should've known something was wrong when the only interview I received was on the phone and all info needed(DL, Banking info, insurance, etc) was Sent through email(she did offer to meet in person). They don't do drug tests or need any references or previous info. They just go off of your resume. So if you're not clean or had a bad work record, this is the job for you. My first night there, the manager didn't greet himself, let me know what was going on, nothing. He just asked me was I such and such, placed me with another team member and that was that. Good thing I knew how to do resets already. The other team members all seemed to have a "problem" for a lack of better words. Some looked like drug users, others like they just came out of jail. And one of the guys I knew previously, and I knew for a fact he was an actual drug user. You have to come with your own supplies i.e. Step ladder, measuring tape, pens, pencils, tape, etc. I've never worked for a company that didn't supply you with materials to do a job. The schedule isn't consistent. I received a schedule of about 35-40 hours one week, the next week(I wasn't on the schedule, I contacted two of the higher managers, one didn't respond, the other did, and instead of taking fault for his mistake, he took a screenshot of his revision) the team only had two days. I would NOT recommend this place.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
not the best company to work for
Merchandiser/Resetter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 26, 2015
Rest shelves, learned how to reset there, mainly self taught. With that company if you are new and don't what your doing, the management doesn't really teach you anything. Co-workers at you level are nice, once you get to leads and the hire ups there's a whole buddy system going on, and if your not in that then you have no room or chance for advancement, a lot of drama with them. Mainly dealing with drama and the overnight hours. The co-workers at my level.
Pros
N/A
Cons
overnights, short nights.
doing resets in Chicagoland grocery stores
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
work started at 10pm. we got off at 7am. friday and saturday was our off day. pretty smooth,laid back atmosphere. everyone is hands on. but your not cluttered on top of eachother while work is in progress.
Pros
2 breaks and one lunch
Cons
didnt pay mileage
Team work is very important to this company, and thats what I appreciated most.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to just do your work and go home, management can be a bit unorganized however, it is great pay for what its worth.
Very flexible and fun.
Merchandising/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, CAFebruary 21, 2015
I am a very structured responsible person so I enjoyed the work and found it very flexible and easy to work for. I would have liked to see more of a career path.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
some of the other employees seemed flakey
Fanstastic
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 22, 2015
RMSI is a very reliable company. Travel time, gas cost, food comp, and housing were provided. Excellent people. Great work schedule and pay.
Pros
food comp, free housing, travel time, gas comp.
Had a great team leader, team got along well, hours fit personal schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2015
Each night we worked a different Safeway store, the team at that time knew the job, was well organized and helped each other to get done ahead of schedule most of the time. We all usually arrived early and got our assigned plan-o-grams, went to the back room, gathered banana boxes, cleaning supplies, new items if any were available and proceeded to whichever area of the store to take out discontinued product, move and clean shelves, etc and work in new product. Checked to see if anyone needed help with their section, finished all areas, made sure everything was set correctly and neatly. When done, cleaned up area, boxed up discontinued items and overstock, put on new tags, did walk through with merchandise coordinator and team leader. While employed with RMSI I learned about importance of placement of products. I did not know anything about merchandising and my team leader was very picky and she taught us well. Being military and coming from a military family I was taught what she basically needed from us; if you are going to do a job, get it done as quickly as possible and do it right or don't do it at all. The hardest part of the job was moving old heavy shelves but someone was always willing to help out. The best part of this job was different locations each night, even when I traveled out of town, never boring, we were so busy the night went very fast. I think the attitude and personalities on the team helped out a lot, we all cared about the job and wanted to keep our boss happy and the store employees knew that about us and coordinated with us as much as possible to get  more... all our jobs accomplished. And the sunrises were pretty great too, and got off just in time to hit the lake for fishing most days in the summer. (lots of the team were fishermen)  less
Pros
the hours fit my husband's schedule, was not sitting or standing still for long periods
Cons
sometimes the road conditions weren't agreeable for travel, some equipment was a little heavy or hard to put together
Consistent work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great communication, fun job, alot of travel. Meet and work with management and clients day to day
Pros
overnight
Cons
travel, no health benefits
very productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, NJSeptember 10, 2014
It was very fun working with company. You enjoy the job because it is very productive and time flies.
Pros
long break
Cons
too long
Somethings happening to this company.
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2014
For years I always had a full week of work. Lately, there has been very little work. I now only work a few hours a day. My store contacts have even mentioned that somethings up. Does anybody else know what's happening? I'm very concerned for my job. I think it's time to jump ship.
Fun place to work
Project Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 24, 2014
Been with RMSI for 11 years and I have no major complaints. Decent pay long hours and big territories
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
flucuation in hours
Lack of benefits and inconsistent hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 17, 2014
Working for the company would be great if it supplied consistent hours every week and included benefits. Even some tenured employees get left off the schedule a couple days because of the lack of work. Typically expect at least three days of work, most weeks will be four to five days. However, it was quick and easy to acquire employment and learn the skills required for the job. Great for interim employment while job searching especially with the hours allowing for a productive job search.
Pros
great compensation for driving, a lot of travel
Cons
no healthcare, no extra perks