RMSI Employee Reviews

Great experience working as part of a re-set team.
Wave Merchandiser | Scottsdale (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Good principals, Ethics & Company standards. Leads know the answers to whatever job related issue you have. Learned more working here 6 months, than 2 years other places. Just show up & be able to do the work, physically.
Pros
Consistant work., helpful., fast-paced., fun
Cons
Commuting
Great
Remodel Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 20, 2017
RMSI is a great place to work, until fall/winter then hours get cut. But there are some issues, they promise raises when recruiting or when they promote you. But never honor those promises unless you're one of their favorites. The people are awesome to work with but the upper management plays favorites, And sometimes will cancel a store so they could go to a Concert leaving the other people without work for that day so they can go to said concert. The biggest is the lack of communication making you a slave to them because you cannot make plans because you do not know if your driving across state that night or not. Those are mostly the cons for working with RMSI. Otherwise the people there are awesome, you get to travel all over the state and sometimes to other states. The pay is amazing when there is work mostly in the summer. The Job is easy and sometimes fun to do. Personally even with the internal politics I love working for RMSI, I don't always agree with the High higher ups actions, they are easy to talk to fun to be with and sometime work along side you as well.
Pros
The people, Pay, Travel, Fun to work
Cons
Internal Politics, Lack of Communication
straight forward task, but inconsistant hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Working with crews all over the valley at different Safeway locations, we execute resets for vendors. Being organized and able to multitask is helpful. Be a team player and able to lift at least 30 lbs is a must
Cons
no benefits, inconsistant hours and break times
Job is fine under good mgmt
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 6, 2017
This job is ok as long as you have a good management team. The current one is good but I have seen worse. As long as you show up to work you may or may not get many hours but you will get some hours each week.
work is social and co workers are great but the work mood can be negative or stressful
Merchandise Technician (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 31, 2017
when there's work the hours can be plentiful and very long but hours are very inconsistent one can go for weeks without work or have hours that are previousy scheduled taken off if work times change.
Acme Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Delaware and PennsylvaniaAugust 29, 2017
A typical work day consist of early morning shifts. Setting up shelves. Cleaning and organizing. Lots of bending twisting and lifting. Being on your feet for long periods of time.
Pros
Days end early
Cons
Shifts start early
Unorganized
Merchandiser, Team Lead, Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2017
Good money and the work is basic. But if you need stability this is not the place . No set time to leave . Job is grave and they ask that you travel whenever as they ask
Great Team and Team Leads
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 7, 2017
I had another PT job and RMSI was able to assign my hours around that job. Even if i had to change my hours for the week i always gave a few days notice, they were accommodating.. I worked for 2 great team leads. They were knowledgeable caring and fun. I have 30+ years in Retail and a had a few merchandising jobs as well. This was easy, detailed and fun. The hours are a bit rough, getting up at 3:30 every day for a 5am start time, if you have a 2nd job to go to. The only reason i left was because my PT Medical job went FT. If i ever need extra hours again, this will be the first company i call.
Pros
Great flexible hours and Good Team Leads
Cons
No benefits.
You have to know how to kiss butt
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2017
I loved my job & what I did, resets. I was very good at it, but this company made me not want to go to work & deal with all the bs. You either had to be related or dating someones family on the team in order to get hours.
Pros
Paid drive time & mileage, visit different cities
Cons
You worked a different city & it was all overnight
productive and fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 2, 2017
My day consisted of moving shelves to correct height size then making sure all merchandise were put in the correct order according to planogram form, also made sure all discontinue merchandise were taken off shelves to be packed in crates to be to sent back to its rightful location in shipping and receiving. The work place environment was a real mild environment just a little fast pace. I truely enjoyed the experience and was nothing i couldnt handle. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that i worked with. Everyone got along well and worked as a team to get the job done as planned.
Pros
good environment
Cons

Want to know more about RMSI?

Ask a question
Great pay, not a lot of free time
Merchandiser Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 1, 2017
Working far from home is great when the mileage shows up on your checks, but it makes it hard to spend time with family. Directions on assignments were often confusing, but easy to figure out if you have common sense. Some of the management remain good friends of mine, but others were back stabbing or incompetent.
Failed Potential
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  southern coloradoAugust 1, 2017
Company itself has many good intentions just not the organization or whatnot to follow thru. Direct management uncaring, allowing situations to slide thru that would normally be handled or even addressed with any other company
Pros
great money when traveling
Cons
on the road 3 weeks a month, hard on family life
Loved the job; the company (management needed work)
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2017
Every day we would just work on planograms; either alone or with a couple of others. I learned 2 new ways that these companies ticked. The management (up to the district mgr & regional mgr) would chase their tails sometimes and we wouldn't know the store to report to until the night before. Hardest part of the job was moving large shelves and displays. Most enjoyable part was constantly going to new stores so we wouldn't get in a rut.
Pros
Good pay; usually had fun with other coworkers (no drama).
Cons
Frustration from others not 'pulling their weight'.
Enjoy what I do
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2017
I enjoy the resetting jobs. I work as a team at RMSI. When I was with PLM, I was assigned a store, given the sets at the beginning of week and had the week to get done. Worked by myself unless I was in need of help. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Cons
I am working
rmsi
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 22, 2017
Not a good place to work Hours cut no vacation no health benefits
no leadership unsafe work place there is favoritism amount the supervisor and some of the staff.
Good days
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 18, 2017
I learned to work fast, i would help my lead in training new coworkers, there was really nothing hard about it I enjoyed what I did. My team lead would put me on difficult sets because he knew I would get it done on time.
Produvtive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 13, 2017
Meet with the team lead they will give you a section.
how to organize and stock shelves.
Management was very helpful the would work/help with section as well.
diverse
Night work
VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 11, 2017
Inconsistent hours on a monthly bases. It is always hard to get ahold of management, most only like contact through email, without responding. They hire anyone that shows up, even if that person can't even complete the job correctly.
Pros
weekends and holiday off
Cons
no hours
Best Job Ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2017
Relaxed overnight job restocking, remodeling, and setting up Vons stores for the new products that they bring out. Small crew of about 8-12 close family like co workers.
Pros
Overnight, Relaxed
Cons
Traveling job
Productive and fun work environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2017
Loved the people I worked with and the atmosphere. The work was simple as long as you payed attention. Was sad to leave, but needed a position with steady hours and a consistent paycheck.
Pros
amazing people, good break times
Cons
lack of communication and a work as a team mentality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9