RMSI Employee Reviews

Good work environment, friendly co-workers
Merchandiser, Team member (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 5, 2016
A typical day or night at work depending on which position you get is always an 8 hour shift. You are kept busy and on your feet the whole time, great way to get through the work day is to stay busy. I learned a lot of things about vendors and improving my customer service skills. The management is great, they really care about their employees.
Pros
Get to travel, Paid for mileage
Cons
No benefits
can be a fun and perfect job if communication and equality were present
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  northern ca.July 28, 2016
Grab your schematic (reset project and go) Iearnrd just because a person has a job title doesn't mean they are fit. it is basically trial and error. some crews do not warm to new people or differentially. where i work they are clicked up and there is no one to bring your issues. things are one-sided and fabled. The co workers not friendly at all. out of 4 to 8 on my crew there is 1 person who is warming. the hardest part about the nor cal crew is knowing your peers and management don't want you there there is no assistance what so ever.you are told to call yet your calls and msgs are never answered let alone returned. the same goes with the person who oversees this sector. over all Rmsi could be awesome company if it actually mirrored/ reflected what it is promoted to be
Pros
mileage, and hotels
Cons
unorganized, inconsistent, no equality, no training or assistance, your voice is not heard when brung to a superior
Mislead at the beginning and after
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend/Redmond/Madras/Burns OregonNovember 20, 2015
Well, first off, I lasted two day with these people. First, I was misinformed of the scheduled days. I was told Sun-Weds which fit great. Then it went to Mon-Thurs which did not at all. I also found out after starting and asking questions, that there were a significant number of "breaks" in-between the work schedule. Most were two weeks in length and the fourth quarter was a joke if you have bills to pay. No benefits what so ever and you are PT. You can do a lot better elsewhere. BEWARE!!
Pros
Cons
Part time only, no benefits, unknown schedule
Terrible company to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  So CalDecember 30, 2015
Worked here for 3 years and never received a raise.
How employees don't complain to the EDD for not being reimbursed properly. Always had to buy my own paper and cartridge. Company was too cheap to reimburse.

Time to move on to better companies to work for!
Pros
Cons
everything!
As a side job its great, as the main source of income do not apply
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 23, 2016
Making your own schedule is great and if you do not mind driving that is great as well. However the projects can be very quick and therefore not clock in very many hours, even though managers will tell you other wise. They will let you believe you will work almost 40 hours when there are times you will work barely 5 hours in some weeks. Also, during holidays you will not work the whole week and management does not say this when you are being hired. If you want this as a side job its great, as the main source of income do not apply, they do not comply with that they agree upon. They keep saying next will you will get more hours and have you like that for months. Now I understand why they are frequently hiring people.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours and management does not tell you exactly what is happening.
Difficult to work for
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2016
The job itself is pretty straight forward. However, due to the lack of communication between the client stores & RMSI leadership; you were never guaranteed to be working on any night, even when scheduled. Usually you'd find out you weren't working, after you had already arrived at the client location. For people that drove long distances to get to the location, this was very frustrating.
Pros
Good teams
Cons
lack of communication
for people with no family
entry level (Former Employee) –  so calAugust 25, 2016
no training,poor field managers.If you like your family this job is not for you.If you want to avoid a drug test this is the job for you.You can do better in fast food or any construcion job.BEWARE
Pros
if you cant pass a drug test this is the place to work
Cons
expected to know what to do with no training/sneaky manager-ROBERTO
nice and friendly enviroment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2016
every night id work the employees I worked with were very friendly and easy to work with. Days at work were very long and exhausting but long as the work got done. Hardest part was sometimes big crates that were really heavy.
Pros
nice lunch breaks
Cons
time periods
Rmsi
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
RMSI is a good company to work for with flexible scheduling. Pay and communication could be a little better though. Great people to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work
Reset Specialist and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAJune 18, 2016
A typical day consists of hard work. This is not an easy job but it is fulfilling and it keeps you on your toes. If you're flexible and can adapt this is a great job.
Pros
Different envronment, good pay
Cons
Work can be stressful, people can bepetty
Job Overview
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2016
The work is fun and intense. Mostly the work hours are at night and early in the morning. Hard to work schedule sometimes. The scheduling is usually a last minute priority. The hours are not steady. They can range from -0- to 40. Can't depend on a regular work schedule. The company is aggressive and working to produce more work. Very little promotion structure .
Pros
Work is fun and you get some satisfaction in this type of work.
Cons
No regular hours or promotion structure.
Decent Job
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2016
Reset shelves and manage store shelf space.
Nice secondary job
Constant work on feet
Hours are not consistent
Can be good for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 30, 2012
This job can be great for students, you work on 5-9 week cycles, but for someone who needs something more substantial, better look else where. I had worked one day one week then 3 the next, then 2 the next then 4 the next then 2 weeks of 1 day a week then 3 weeks of nothing and then 2 weeks of just one day each then another 2 weeks of nothing, and I wont know what my schedule will look like after the last 2 weeks until the week that the new cycle starts. I may work that the Im told my schedule, I may not work for weeks again, I dont know until it comes.
Pros
decent pay and benifits
Cons
unstable unreliable work, lack of hours, you pay way too much for your insurance
Lack of benefits and inconsistent hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 17, 2014
Working for the company would be great if it supplied consistent hours every week and included benefits. Even some tenured employees get left off the schedule a couple days because of the lack of work. Typically expect at least three days of work, most weeks will be four to five days. However, it was quick and easy to acquire employment and learn the skills required for the job. Great for interim employment while job searching especially with the hours allowing for a productive job search.
Pros
Great compensation for driving, a lot of travel
Cons
no healthcare, no extra perks
Easy but very detailed oriented work
Retail Merchandiser / Backup Team Leader (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 12, 2012
Easy but very detailed oriented work. I learned that even though you go by schematic systems the store set might not be the same as the store mapping. Management need better training skills for themselves and employees. The hardest part is when you have to drill or cut shelves for a reset. The enjoyable part is when there is a small set and everything goes smooth.
Pros
overnight
Cons
benefits sucks
Consistent work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 22, 2014
Great communication, fun job, alot of travel. Meet and work with management and clients day to day
Pros
Overnight
Cons
travel, no health benefits
Just a Job
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 2, 2013
I go into different stores and merchandise. I have learned how to cut new Items in and use their computer system. I do not work with anybody. The most enjoyable part is to work hours around my schedule.
Pros
Make money
Cons
low hours, no benefits get paid by a temp service.
not the best company to work for
Merchandiser/Resetter (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 26, 2015
Rest shelves, learned how to reset there, mainly self taught. With that company if you are new and don't what your doing, the management doesn't really teach you anything. Co-workers at you level are nice, once you get to leads and the hire ups there's a whole buddy system going on, and if your not in that then you have no room or chance for advancement, a lot of drama with them. Mainly dealing with drama and the overnight hours. The co-workers at my level.
Pros
N/A
Cons
overnights, short nights.
fun work environment with awesome co-workers and a type of work that is exactly what i need
Wave Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 8, 2015
RMSI is a great place to work for me specifically because my co-workers are awesome and the job is perfect for me considering I am very detail oriented and love organizing. Unfortunately, although I love this type of work, the hours fluctuate and are make my income unreliable. At this point in my life, I NEED something stable that I can rely on in order to pay my bills.
Pros
co-workers, different location every night adds variety
Cons
graveyard, unstable hours
i was part of a great team of people and it was a fun atmosphere to work .
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 5, 2015
I worked with some really great people, I learned so much more with this company, the night shift was the perfect shift for me. The company didn't inform us that there is no hours available because of the Albertson's buy out so they left so many employee's jobless, not happy with the way they handled the situation at all.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9