RMSI Employee Reviews

Simple work but exhausting.
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2017
As a merchandiser, you read a schematic and arrange the merchandise on the shelves accordingly. Simple, but not "easy" work. As a lead, your job never ends. Other managers and employees can call/text you at all hours of the day/night. You are basically working from the time you wake up until you close your eyes, and sometimes not even then, but are only paid from 9pm/4am (depending on which shift you work) until the work is done at the store. I treat my employees fairly and try to create a friendly work environment, but I was told that I "need to be meaner" to get them to work faster. I can't justify that philosophy in life/work.
Pros
Simple work, sometimes heavy workloads (think rearranging the entire soda/juice aisle in 1 night)
Cons
No benefits unless you're a supervisor or higher, no sick pay, random schedules, lots of time without work.
fun place
Retail merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 16, 2017
I absolutely loved this place. Although i had problems getting to work at the time. Rmsi still worked with me. You basically worked in your own little world. You could wear whatever.
reset
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2017
daily work
reset store ]
etc
Over twenty years of experience in the field of business management. Core knowledge and skills involve strategic planning, analytical forecasting, and distinct decision making. In addition, I consistently provided excellent customer service, boast exceptional communication skills, and maintain a high-level of performance. My knowledge and use of solid judgment persistently allow me to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple responsibilities as required. Furthermore, my many years of experience allows me to continue to prolifically perform tasks in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
Pros
Good work
Cons
hours
Awful company to be honest
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  COApril 26, 2017
Everything about it is just awful. The hours are odd given that it is a night time gig. The pay is okay, but the days and the amount of hours you work is so inconsistent not to mention that there is a lot of traveling. I have only been on this job for about 9 weeks and so many have people have quit while I have been here (14 to be exact). Shady people, awful management, inconsistent days and hours of work, tons of traveling and pretty stressful job overall.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Not a very good one. Looking for another job
Flexible Schedule
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 19, 2017
RMSI was task orientated, with a maximum amount of time allotted for each task, and the opportunity to complete tasks sooner if able. The schedule was to an extent up to the worker, ideally between 5 am and noon, when stores are less busy - an employee can roughly schedule themselves when and where works best for them. This was very helpful when my kids were young and I was working on my AA degree, as I could work while kids were in school and around my school schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Very physical work, stores often not happy you're there performing resets.
Dont waste your time applying.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAApril 19, 2017
It used to be a fun place to work even though you will never get a raise in pay with this company. Now however it is not even worth going into work. Management has over hired and deluded everyones hours of work so much so that you will be lucky to work 5 hours a day on the days you are scheduled to work which is only about 3 days a week at this point. If something does not change soon all the old time employees will quit and the new hires also. You also only get a break every 3 hours not 2 as is the norm everywhere else.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
very detailed and picky. working in cold temps
Fast paced and fun environment.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
This job was a six month contract. Stocking sodas and chips and candy, Redoing displays in Chevron gas stations. It was a great experince. I traveled from site to site. Traveled out of town.
Fun!
Team lead 2nd/ merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 10, 2017
I liked the job, i had it for many years, but no career advancement. Met a loy of lifetime friends and the job was actually pretty easy if you know how to read and like puzzles. Problem solving is a must and working with in store personell could be difficult at times but other than that, it was fun.
Pros
Fun.
Cons
Not the best pay and no career advancement.
easy work
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2017
pretty easy an good compensation if you like to work nights and not have to think too hARD THIS IS HE JOB FOR YOU. Also they say its part time but you cant leave even if someone else doesnt pick up the slack
Very fast paced and ever changing work environment.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 23, 2017
Work was to be done as quick and precise as possible. The work environment is neither constant nor steady. Switching environments so much is good to help avoid complacency but does not allow for much comfort in routine.
Retail Merchandise
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 15, 2017
I was an independent worker. I was my own lead and task manager. I worked on my time, doing as many tasks as possible in one day. From San Diego to Malibu
Great place to earn a good salary.
Reset Specialist/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2017
Worked well with peers and management. Always had work available to perform. Advancement was always available if needed.
Pros
Drive time, mileage
Cons
No benefits available
Requires a lot of out of town work, good pay lot of overtime.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 1, 2017
Typically, we would meet up at where the out of town team was staying, then drive to one of the businesses we were employed by. We would be assigned a section to remodel. Teams of two. Generally 12 hour days Monday - Thursday with Friday being off.Paid drive times and mileage. A lot of independence and self reliance. Worked closely with each store and their management to insure quality work/
Pros
Great pay, fulfilling work, lot of overtime.
Cons
Required travel, two weeks a month out of town.
Guaranteed easy filler work for in between school/work
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 20, 2017
As simply as I can say, it is the easiest job in the world to get if you can just get through the application process and have reliable transportation. Be aware, that this company hires mostly people with little to no education, the work hours will turn your days upside down, and the work is dull and boring. That being said I would really only recommend this job to someone who was truly in need of work and is willing to tolerate with a lot of negatives in order to make some money.
Pros
Travel pay
Cons
hours, occasional tight quarters, too many uneducated people with political opinions
Dedication to Professional yet fun work environment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working with RMSI, and the employees. I would still be with the company if I had not decided to continue my education in the field of aviation.
Pros
Positive Work Enviroment, Good Pay, Commute Re-imbursment.
Cons
Long Distance Commuting Required, Part Time, No Benifits.
Conversion Project in Safeways across NorCal
Conversion Scanner (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 25, 2017
We work in 2 teams, fronters and scanners. The fronters position each product to have the barcode facing outside while the scanners come by and scan each product bay by bay. If a product is missing we use the products upc code.
Pros
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Cons
Late night hours
Good for a first job
Mandate Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
the work environment always seemed stressful always short handed. Supervisor was not prepared or on time for work. Just one good supervisor out of 3.

I learned a lot there. Employees came and went as they please leaving us with more work then we could handle.

I like doing resets and working on a team or independently. Managements behavior was too much.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Remote Recruiter Position
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2017
Absolutely terrible micro management from a inexperienced recruiter manager at corporate office who was hired as a friend of the HR director. Continually hired inexperienced people based on personal preference not merit or talent.

Recruiter manager did not know tax regulations, labor laws or even how to remotely recruit. Nepotism runs rampant in this company with little to no experience of upper management employees.

Rule of thumb at Rmsi is not what you know but who you know.

Turnover is nearly at 90%. Both my Trainer, my direct Supervisor and my co-recruiter all quit within 12 months.

Employee beware.
Pros
Excellent Remote Recruiting Position
Cons
Everything else...
Busy bodies overnight in a relaxing atmosphere
RESET CREW (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CADecember 31, 2016
We work overnights from 10 pm - 6 am (or whenever finished) reorganizing shelves and product too match the given schematics at different Vons around the county. Management is very straight forward, relaxed, and all around makes you feel comfortable. My coworkers all aim to get the job done as efficiently as possible and are great communicating needs too. The most enjoyable part of the job is how relaxed it is; you go in, get your schematic, grab the necessary tools, and get to work. There is not much stress because the work is pretty straight forward and there isn't much of a distraction to sway you from your job since it's overnight. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that its overnight. You get used to it eventually but it can be to stay awake if you didn't nap prior to your shift.
Pros
relaxed environment, easy work, small crew, no drama
Cons
low pay, no benefits, gas wasted to travel around the county
company is good but salary is very less
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshDecember 20, 2016
company is good but salary is very less lots of work is there and project manager is presser on employees complete the project in time that means before 2 or 3 days of dead line.
Pros
no free food pay and eat
Cons
only coffee is free

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.