RMSI Employee Reviews

Excellent Remote Recruiter Position
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 5, 2017
Absolutely terrible micro management from a inexperienced recruiter manager at corporate office who was hired as a friend of the HR director. Continually hired inexperienced people based on personal preference not merit or talent.

Recruiter manager did not know tax regulations, labor laws or even how to remotely recruit. Nepotism runs rampant in this company with little to no experience of upper management employees.

Rule of thumb at Rmsi is not what you know but who you know.

Turnover is nearly at 90%. Both my Trainer, my direct Supervisor and my co-recruiter all quit within 12 months.

Employee beware.
Pros
Excellent Remote Recruiting Position
Cons
Everything else...
Busy bodies overnight in a relaxing atmosphere
RESET CREW (Current Employee) –  Ventura County, CADecember 31, 2016
We work overnights from 10 pm - 6 am (or whenever finished) reorganizing shelves and product too match the given schematics at different Vons around the county. Management is very straight forward, relaxed, and all around makes you feel comfortable. My coworkers all aim to get the job done as efficiently as possible and are great communicating needs too. The most enjoyable part of the job is how relaxed it is; you go in, get your schematic, grab the necessary tools, and get to work. There is not much stress because the work is pretty straight forward and there isn't much of a distraction to sway you from your job since it's overnight. The hardest part of the job would be the fact that its overnight. You get used to it eventually but it can be to stay awake if you didn't nap prior to your shift.
Pros
relaxed environment, easy work, small crew, no drama
Cons
low pay, no benefits, gas wasted to travel around the county
company is good but salary is very less
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshDecember 20, 2016
company is good but salary is very less lots of work is there and project manager is presser on employees complete the project in time that means before 2 or 3 days of dead line.
Pros
no free food pay and eat
Cons
only coffee is free
Tolerable work environment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2016
While the job can be fast paced at times, there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" where nothing can get done for a few days, but you have to show up anyway.
Management leaves a lot to be desired, with lack of direction towards the lower employees. The company will preach low tolerance of misbehavior, and yet does nothing to control the employees that choose not to follow the rules.
The most enjoyable part of the job in the general interaction with customers and store employees.
Pros
Decent pay and a relative guarantee of full time work
Cons
no health care for the first year
Busy job assignments with attention to detail
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Central Coast region, CA.November 25, 2016
The team I worked with was very laid back and professional. This job requires close attention to detail at a steady work pace. The overnight shift hours are difficult to adjust to and the cost of traveling to the different stores ended up being over the amount that I was taking home.
Pros
Started wage was $12.00/hr
Cons
Overnight shift was very exhausting and depending on your assigned store location, the cost of transportation was pricey.
Difficult to work for
Wave Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2016
The job itself is pretty straight forward. However, due to the lack of communication between the client stores & RMSI leadership; you were never guaranteed to be working on any night, even when scheduled. Usually you'd find out you weren't working, after you had already arrived at the client location. For people that drove long distances to get to the location, this was very frustrating.
Pros
Good teams
Cons
lack of communication
for people with no family
entry level (Former Employee) –  so calAugust 25, 2016
no training,poor field managers.If you like your family this job is not for you.If you want to avoid a drug test this is the job for you.You can do better in fast food or any construcion job.BEWARE
Pros
if you cant pass a drug test this is the place to work
Cons
expected to know what to do with no training/sneaky manager-ROBERTO
Internet connection.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 11, 2016
When I am in one of my store working on my project after I entered all the questions then I have to take pictures and download on my tablet and when I do that some times it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to download a single picture. Each project require 6 to 20 pictures depends on the project. So my point is to give us a better device to work with so we can get the job done on time not rushing or worried about go over time. Thats all.
Pros
Free lunch will be great!
can be a fun and perfect job if communication and equality were present
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  northern ca.July 28, 2016
Grab your schematic (reset project and go) Iearnrd just because a person has a job title doesn't mean they are fit. it is basically trial and error. some crews do not warm to new people or differentially. where i work they are clicked up and there is no one to bring your issues. things are one-sided and fabled. The co workers not friendly at all. out of 4 to 8 on my crew there is 1 person who is warming. the hardest part about the nor cal crew is knowing your peers and management don't want you there there is no assistance what so ever.you are told to call yet your calls and msgs are never answered let alone returned. the same goes with the person who oversees this sector. over all Rmsi could be awesome company if it actually mirrored/ reflected what it is promoted to be
Pros
mileage, and hotels
Cons
unorganized, inconsistent, no equality, no training or assistance, your voice is not heard when brung to a superior
Rmsi
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2016
RMSI is a good company to work for with flexible scheduling. Pay and communication could be a little better though. Great people to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
Decent Job
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 23, 2016
Reset shelves and manage store shelf space.
Nice secondary job
Constant work on feet
Hours are not consistent
nice and friendly enviroment
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2016
every night id work the employees I worked with were very friendly and easy to work with. Days at work were very long and exhausting but long as the work got done. Hardest part was sometimes big crates that were really heavy.
Pros
nice lunch breaks
Cons
time periods
Fun place to work
Reset Specialist and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAJune 18, 2016
A typical day consists of hard work. This is not an easy job but it is fulfilling and it keeps you on your toes. If you're flexible and can adapt this is a great job.
Pros
Different envronment, good pay
Cons
Work can be stressful, people can bepetty
Good work environment, friendly co-workers
Merchandiser, Team member (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 5, 2016
A typical day or night at work depending on which position you get is always an 8 hour shift. You are kept busy and on your feet the whole time, great way to get through the work day is to stay busy. I learned a lot of things about vendors and improving my customer service skills. The management is great, they really care about their employees.
Pros
Get to travel, Paid for mileage
Cons
No benefits
As a side job its great, as the main source of income do not apply
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  OregonMarch 23, 2016
Making your own schedule is great and if you do not mind driving that is great as well. However the projects can be very quick and therefore not clock in very many hours, even though managers will tell you other wise. They will let you believe you will work almost 40 hours when there are times you will work barely 5 hours in some weeks. Also, during holidays you will not work the whole week and management does not say this when you are being hired. If you want this as a side job its great, as the main source of income do not apply, they do not comply with that they agree upon. They keep saying next will you will get more hours and have you like that for months. Now I understand why they are frequently hiring people.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours and management does not tell you exactly what is happening.
Job Overview
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 31, 2016
The work is fun and intense. Mostly the work hours are at night and early in the morning. Hard to work schedule sometimes. The scheduling is usually a last minute priority. The hours are not steady. They can range from -0- to 40. Can't depend on a regular work schedule. The company is aggressive and working to produce more work. Very little promotion structure .
Pros
Work is fun and you get some satisfaction in this type of work.
Cons
No regular hours or promotion structure.
Terrible company to work for
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  So CalDecember 30, 2015
Worked here for 3 years and never received a raise.
How employees don't complain to the EDD for not being reimbursed properly. Always had to buy my own paper and cartridge. Company was too cheap to reimburse.

Time to move on to better companies to work for!
Pros
Cons
everything!
like the work but they dont treat their employees very good
re-set merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 21, 2015
doing resets in grocery stores
i enjoy the work just wish they treated people better
if you make your lead mad they cut your hours..
Mislead at the beginning and after
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bend/Redmond/Madras/Burns OregonNovember 20, 2015
Well, first off, I lasted two day with these people. First, I was misinformed of the scheduled days. I was told Sun-Weds which fit great. Then it went to Mon-Thurs which did not at all. I also found out after starting and asking questions, that there were a significant number of "breaks" in-between the work schedule. Most were two weeks in length and the fourth quarter was a joke if you have bills to pay. No benefits what so ever and you are PT. You can do a lot better elsewhere. BEWARE!!
Pros
Cons
Part time only, no benefits, unknown schedule
i was part of a great team of people and it was a fun atmosphere to work .
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 5, 2015
I worked with some really great people, I learned so much more with this company, the night shift was the perfect shift for me. The company didn't inform us that there is no hours available because of the Albertson's buy out so they left so many employee's jobless, not happy with the way they handled the situation at all.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval