RMSI Employee Reviews in United States

Team work is very important to this company, and thats what I appreciated most.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to just do your work and go home, management can be a bit unorganized however, it is great pay for what its worth.
Great co workers and management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 9, 2014
Learned great problem solving and plan reading at this job. The management and coworkers all worked together to make sure all projects were done before the end of the night. The hardest part was the times when projects lasted longer than they should have due to shortage of staff. The most enjoyable part was the teamwork that we had and how we came together to finish the task.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
hours and closing of stores
Rmsi
Programmer, System Deveopment (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at RMSI began with reading through the tasks I set for myself the previous day on my task board. Prioritizing tasks as they come up.

I wasn't able to grow in this company. The tasks were simple, and the problems easy to solve. That was the hardest part of the job, the lack of difficulty, the joy of solving a hard problem, or learning a new software.
Beware
Grocery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
This place is a sham. I should've known something was wrong when the only interview I received was on the phone and all info needed(DL, Banking info, insurance, etc) was Sent through email(she did offer to meet in person). They don't do drug tests or need any references or previous info. They just go off of your resume. So if you're not clean or had a bad work record, this is the job for you. My first night there, the manager didn't greet himself, let me know what was going on, nothing. He just asked me was I such and such, placed me with another team member and that was that. Good thing I knew how to do resets already. The other team members all seemed to have a "problem" for a lack of better words. Some looked like drug users, others like they just came out of jail. And one of the guys I knew previously, and I knew for a fact he was an actual drug user. You have to come with your own supplies i.e. Step ladder, measuring tape, pens, pencils, tape, etc. I've never worked for a company that didn't supply you with materials to do a job. The schedule isn't consistent. I received a schedule of about 35-40 hours one week, the next week(I wasn't on the schedule, I contacted two of the higher managers, one didn't respond, the other did, and instead of taking fault for his mistake, he took a screenshot of his revision) the team only had two days. I would NOT recommend this place.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
doing resets in Chicagoland grocery stores
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
work started at 10pm. we got off at 7am. friday and saturday was our off day. pretty smooth,laid back atmosphere. everyone is hands on. but your not cluttered on top of eachother while work is in progress.
Pros
2 breaks and one lunch
Cons
didnt pay mileage
it is what it is and thats nothing
night resets (Former Employee) –  fresno caMarch 25, 2013
work for company doing grocery resets came into company with more than five years exp.
I noticed if you were not kissy kissy with team lead you woulnd not get many hours it was certain people he liked the ones that got all the hours.
I would be on schedule to go out of town and at last minute taken off schedule. would be in middle of a set and if team lead see we wouldn't be there 8 hours he would pull off people and let his buddies stay to get hours...
I don't brown nose so I really felt like an outsider...
its good for high school kids or somebody that brown noses.
they had it all set up with your mileage so that was no problem.
when trying to get to your .d.m.he would never respond.
some co-workers were nice but most were very snobby won't help out with questions.
Pros
pay was alright alone with mileage
Cons
must be kissy kissy with team lead for hours
Fun place to work
Project Trainer (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 24, 2014
Been with RMSI for 11 years and I have no major complaints. Decent pay long hours and big territories
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
flucuation in hours
great place to work, best bosses I've had
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  WAApril 21, 2014
I really love this job. when things start getting too much, tired, exhausted, there is a break in the wave. I get holidays off and plenty of time to see my family. I do wish that the breaks where a little less time off. Every night it feels great you get to solve a puzzle. you get to see what you have accomplished every night, because by morning you should be finishing your set.
Pros
the overnight hours mean you can have a second job
Cons
the part time hours means you need a second job
Early Hours
Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxJuly 9, 2014
Hours are from 2AM to 10AM, very quiet and isolated good for non-people oriented, the management was good. The hardest part was the early hours, most enjoyable was the time off
Pros
getting off early
Cons
lots of driving
Just a Job
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 2, 2013
I go into different stores and merchandise. I have learned how to cut new Items in and use their computer system. I do not work with anybody. The most enjoyable part is to work hours around my schedule.
Pros
make money
Cons
low hours, no benefits get paid by a temp service.
Fanstastic
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 22, 2015
RMSI is a very reliable company. Travel time, gas cost, food comp, and housing were provided. Excellent people. Great work schedule and pay.
Pros
food comp, free housing, travel time, gas comp.
Disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 26, 2014
Reset shelving and products per schematic provided. Managers change constantly and often do not have all the necessary tools to perform the job. Bring a pen, pencil, box cutter, tape measure, screwdriver, and even a hammer. Freezer gloves are great working in the frozen/ cooled sections. There is a bunch of heavy lifting, and a significant amount of movement and detail needed to perform the job.
Somethings happening to this company.
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2014
For years I always had a full week of work. Lately, there has been very little work. I now only work a few hours a day. My store contacts have even mentioned that somethings up. Does anybody else know what's happening? I'm very concerned for my job. I think it's time to jump ship.
Nice people to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2013
This company needs new people to run their teams. Their leads are very unprofessional in their looks and customer service skills. The lead and team members smoke weed while they are at work and it makes the company loo bad. If you arent white or a male you wont get far with RMSI.
Great for just out of high school but not a career choice.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 7, 2013
The job has its ups and downs, very flexible with schedule, weekends off and i work at my own pace. Downs are the hours, it varies depending on what projects are set out. Some weeks are about 40 where other weeks are barley 20.
very productive
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, NJSeptember 10, 2014
It was very fun working with company. You enjoy the job because it is very productive and time flies.
Pros
long break
Cons
too long
The woman right off the bat misjuged me and this made the shift negative
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 26, 2013
I didn't realize the lead needed to be called by a nickname. I was new. I was all jazzed up and ready to work. Well, she was mean about me not using the nickname. As a result, two hours into the shift, she tells me to copmletely do my owrk over again. She gave instructions that did not make a whole lot of sense. I had set up everything by code and my work WAS correct and done in eight hours. However, thsi was not good enough for her. I was told only the negative about my work, she pressured me unreasonably, and I overheard her berrating a very loyal worker, who actually knew more than her, about how he was working also. Then, I find out all she did was smoke through the whole shift, stiting out on the benches fraternizing with some favored little girl like the on out of the book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

When something went wrong, this woman was incommunicado and it waa very suspect to me how she reacted. I think this crew, as one was really whippy, may have been on meth.This is my opinion, but I think drugs were the problem here.

My and one other worker did most of the work, and the woman was stil rude.

This RMSI has one big dark cloud hanging over it when it comes to working in a certain store where there is all sorts of negative and screwball behaviors also going on with the store's retail employees.

I also felt that thsi woman made up lies abouy me and now I;m not getting as much work.

Sorry, lady, I didn't call you by a nickname but the name on the report. If you get that emotionally upset by iti, ask the company to have your nickname put on your reports or
  more... wear a name badge that's visible. Next, get off your rear and work with the crew with a little more spunk to your management style, not against t hem. You're not an CEO or superior, stop acting like some intimidating boxx. Intimidating and demotivating a crew is not going to make you liked or listened to. That's what you did, and you did it on purpose, enjoying making people feel bad as they worked..  less
Pros
good pay
Cons
mean people, shady lead, paranoid employees at this one store, not necessarily the rmsi employeees
Good People
MERCHANDIZER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 24, 2014
night shift, setting multiple displays every night, can end early or really late. lateset I've seen is 7 AM
Pros
little travel
Cons
odd hours, not definate
Restock shelves
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 11, 2012
This company was unprofessional. The wages were horrible. The managers were rude and unconscious to employees emergencies. he worst job I have ever had, by far.
nice coworkers and staff.
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, NJOctober 17, 2013
nice co-workers where we teach and help each other do our job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do the freezer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9