RMSI

RMSI United States Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 3, 2013
This company needs new people to run their teams. Their leads are very unprofessional in their looks and customer service skills. The lead and team members smoke weed while they are at work and it makes the company loo bad. If you arent white or a male you wont get far with RMSI.
Just a Job
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 2, 2013
Pros: make money
Cons: low hours, no benefits get paid by a temp service.
I go into different stores and merchandise. I have learned how to cut new Items in and use their computer system. I do not work with anybody. The most enjoyable part is to work hours around my schedule.
I hate RMSI
Re-sets. (Current Employee), San Francisco, caNovember 19, 2013
Pros: co-workers, fellow team members very helpful
Cons: no communication, you can be let go for reasons unknown to you, too many blackout days.
I don't work for RMSI, I work for another company and we are the second reps for resets. Because RMSI are the leads all direction comes from them. Some of the leads are cool yet they smile in your face and go back to their bosses and talk crazy about you and you never know till it's too late! I had my first team lead, say all was well,we got along fine and worked well together so I thought, until I was informed by my boss that she wanted me off the team and gave three different. excuses why! Same with my second team lead, thought all was well until I recently caught the flu and was out for about a week and a half, as I was getting ready to go back to workwork I was told by my boss that I was no longer on the team and no longer doing the resets at night! No reason that I am aware of. They can say whatever they want about you true or not and you never get a chance to tell your side, your just gone! I was a manager at another job and my experience says if you have a problem with an employee then you discuss it and fix it. Seeing as though no one ever said my work was incorrect I wonder what their problem is. Just not very professional if you ask me. Do I still work for my company, yes, do I have to deal with RMSI again, NO! Am I glad, yes! Although I will miss my Co-workers because they are good people, I just don't like the games RMSI plays because it follows you and you will have no clue as to why, they just smile in your face joke with you, have a good night at work and the whole time they are tapping on their little laptop saying whatever they want! Maybe if you work for them directly instead of contracted through a second company like myself your experience will be better! I surely hope so!
ok place to work
Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee), Olympia waNovember 13, 2013
You get the weekends off and the pay was not bad.But you do a lot of driving
nice coworkers and staff.
Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee), Highland Park, NJOctober 17, 2013
nice co-workers where we teach and help each other do our job. The hardest part of the job is when you have to do the freezer.
The woman right off the bat misjuged me and this made the shift negative
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chico, CAMay 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: mean people, shady lead, paranoid employees at this one store, not necessarily the rmsi employeees
I didn't realize the lead needed to be called by a nickname. I was new. I was all jazzed up and ready to work. Well, she was mean about me not using the nickname. As a result, two hours into the shift, she tells me to copmletely do my owrk over again. She gave instructions that did not make a whole lot of sense. I had set up everything by code and my work WAS correct and done in eight hours. However, thsi was not good enough for her. I was told only the negative about my work, she pressured me unreasonably, and I overheard her berrating a very loyal worker, who actually knew more than her, about how he was working also. Then, I find out all she did was smoke through the whole shift, stiting out on the benches fraternizing with some favored little girl like the on out of the book "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

When something went wrong, this woman was incommunicado and it waa very suspect to me how she reacted. I think this crew, as one was really whippy, may have been on meth.This is my opinion, but I think drugs were the problem here.

My and one other worker did most of the work, and the woman was stil rude.

This RMSI has one big dark cloud hanging over it when it comes to working in a certain store where there is all sorts of negative and screwball behaviors also going on with the store's retail employees.

I also felt that thsi woman made up lies abouy me and now I;m not getting as much work.

Sorry, lady, I didn't call you by a nickname but the name on the report. If you get that emotionally upset by iti, ask the company to have your nickname put on your reports or – more... wear a name badge that's visible. Next, get off your rear and work with the crew with a little more spunk to your management style, not against t hem. You're not an CEO or superior, stop acting like some intimidating boxx. Intimidating and demotivating a crew is not going to make you liked or listened to. That's what you did, and you did it on purpose, enjoying making people feel bad as they worked.. – less
it is what it is and thats nothing
night resets (Former Employee), fresno caMarch 25, 2013
Pros: pay was alright alone with mileage
Cons: must be kissy kissy with team lead for hours
work for company doing grocery resets came into company with more than five years exp.
I noticed if you were not kissy kissy with team lead you woulnd not get many hours it was certain people he liked the ones that got all the hours.
I would be on schedule to go out of town and at last minute taken off schedule. would be in middle of a set and if team lead see we wouldn't be there 8 hours he would pull off people and let his buddies stay to get hours...
I don't brown nose so I really felt like an outsider...
its good for high school kids or somebody that brown noses.
they had it all set up with your mileage so that was no problem.
when trying to get to your .d.m.he would never respond.
some co-workers were nice but most were very snobby won't help out with questions.
Great for just out of high school but not a career choice.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMarch 7, 2013
The job has its ups and downs, very flexible with schedule, weekends off and i work at my own pace. Downs are the hours, it varies depending on what projects are set out. Some weeks are about 40 where other weeks are barley 20.
Excellent company and fine managers
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Livermore, CADecember 17, 2012
.Ecellent company. The people were excellent to work for.Somewhat seasonal type of work though
Fun and productive fast paced team working enorinment
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 4, 2012
Enjoyed working for supervisor and with team, never had a hard time cause everyone was there to get thing done in timely and cleanly matter
fair
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee), Antioch, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: work is easy its what i have done for years
Cons: block out days no work
they are fair easy too work for pleanty of work / yet sometimes not so much work
Good work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Willamett valleyNovember 27, 2012
A good place to work if you only need part time work. It allows you to move around a lot.
NO ROOM FOR GROWTH
Merchandiser (Current Employee), COSTA MESAOctober 1, 2012
I DO GROCERY RESETS THAT IS ALL THAT WE DO, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR GROWTH.
Easy but very detailed oriented work
Retail Merchandiser / Backup Team Leader (Current Employee), VAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: overnight
Cons: benefits sucks
Easy but very detailed oriented work. I learned that even though you go by schematic systems the store set might not be the same as the store mapping. Management need better training skills for themselves and employees. The hardest part is when you have to drill or cut shelves for a reset. The enjoyable part is when there is a small set and everything goes smooth.

January 28, 2013

every job has challenges at one point or another. I have worked at this company for 6 yrs in april. I must say only people who can't read or move at a normal pace don't last very long. It is challenging and that's what makes the job fun and manangment is amazing. i have met only a few poor bosses. This is by far one of the best jobs i've. had. i have also worked for a good number of places. I know what i'm talking about.

Restock shelves
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hyattsville, MDJune 11, 2012
This company was unprofessional. The wages were horrible. The managers were rude and unconscious to employees emergencies. he worst job I have ever had, by far.

July 9, 2012

It was the worst employer...management is totally indifferent to employee well being

Can be good for students
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Eugene, ORApril 30, 2012
Pros: decent pay and benifits
Cons: unstable unreliable work, lack of hours, you pay way too much for your insurance
This job can be great for students, you work on 5-9 week cycles, but for someone who needs something more substantial, better look else where. I had worked one day one week then 3 the next, then 2 the next then 4 the next then 2 weeks of 1 day a week then 3 weeks of nothing and then 2 weeks of just one day each then another 2 weeks of nothing, and I wont know what my schedule will look like after the last 2 weeks until the week that the new cycle starts. I may work that the Im told my schedule, I may not work for weeks again, I dont know until it comes.

RMSI Salaries