Road America Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Road America would have been a great company to work for, but the management was horrible. There were to many "clicks" in the company. If one of the people in the click did not like you and you went up for a different position, you were automatically black balled.
Fun Workplace
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 12, 2017
typical day at work was to go in, sit at your desk and take calls for roadside assistance. I learned how to work a phone and empathy from the company.
Hated it
Learning and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 26, 2017
Management were not trained to lead, nor were they concerned about the well-being of others. Work hours were long and I experienced favoritism and bullying were employed. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Became friends with a few of my co-workers
Cons
Management unprofessional
Excellent company
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I loved this job it was the most professional and steady paced job I've ever had i loved working here and would definitely be open to working here all over again if i ever lived in the state of florida
Pros
everything
Assistance coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
It was a great place to work. However they closed down. The schedule was great. The supervisor was helpful always. The environment made you feel welcome, it caused you to work several hours of overtime. The pay was great.
Dystopia
IT Support & Systems Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
Mere words are not nearly enough to describe the paradox that is Road America. The company in It's original state must have been phenomenal. Since being acquired by Mapfre, it has taken a drastic turn. It is a sinking ship with a virtue of some hard working, decent employees that are pushed daily to resigning. There is a clear disconnect displayed by it's management, which chose to punish subordinates for bad choices made by management. In my tenure, I have seen the personnel responsible for it's success resign one by one. I personally know and regard Road America's former President highly, but since his departure, the future of this company is bleak.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Relaxed environment and career advancement for select departments.
Part time work from home position
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2017
A part-time work from home job. Provided no benefits, no breaks or lunch. Difficult to get assistance if you have a question or if customer has a complex situation. Also you work for an independent business owner, if they decide not to pay you, the company does not assist.
Pros
IF you pass all exams, and assessment you are automatically hired
Cons
No breaks, no benefits at all, very punitive
Just another call center.
Associate Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 26, 2017
Just like any other call center, high volume of calls, very busy specially during summer and winter time. Company tries to make the employees feel good with different activities but not enough for the load of work and the bad bad pay. You can grow in the company if you want to but most of the time its not worth it. They are extremely strict with things that don't even make sense and over look important issues of the company.
It's ok
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
They pay low and expect a lot .. no sense of direction, bad management and stressful environment. Flexible schedules but noone cares about the person just work work work and no bonuses or rewards for great workn
Best For College Students
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2017
When I worked for Road America, I found it better suited for individuals who had no responsibilities outside of home. It definitely didn't promote family wellness, due to the non-flexible schedules that it offered. Management was more concerned with quotas than the people.
Busy
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2017
High volume during the summer and the winter. You need to have a good knowledge in mapping in order to location the clients that are in need of service.
Friendly coworkers and helpful
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2017
In my 8 years in the company i have gained product knowledge, team building skills, and experience. I have learn how to adapt to constant changes. I have enjoyed through the year the peers i have had the pleasure to work with and grow with.
A day and a Life
Quality Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 19, 2017
Started each day by getting a list of phone numbers to call for the day. I learned how to listen close to important details to ensure quality service to each customer. The management teams were great quick to help you with a call if needed and also feedback to help you improve.I enjoy meeting the needs of our customers and resolving them when needed.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
N/a
Not the best
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 11, 2017
Not the best place to work, management is reckless. Easy to be hired, should not intend on staying long or moving up in the company. Very restrictive environment, no parking close to building. You have to take a bus and park 5 miles away.
Pros
Easy to be hired. Close to freeway and highway.
Cons
Traffic always, 24/7 unreliable schedule. zero work ethics from management.
Very Productive
Call Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 21, 2017
Contact insurance companies and negotiate prices for customers in United sates, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Responding to roadside assistance calls from customers. Entering data to locate customers.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 10, 2017
Road America was my first ever experienced call center. I enjoyed helping customers in a frustrating situation when dealing with road side assistance.
Unpredictable and Disorganized
Workforce Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLMarch 21, 2017
I've been employed with this company for 8 years and I've witnessed a lot of changes during my time there. Usually unexpected changes, Road America could careless how it affects their employees. Things never seem to be organized which always disrupts the working environment, it's rare we have a positive atmosphere. There's a lot of favoritism this is how you advance versus someone who has experience.
Cons
Pay
Great trainers
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 28, 2017
I was a customer service representative at this job. I was responsible for making sure that all callers were safe, being that I answered phone calls for customers in need of roadside assistance. This was a job that had security at all times. They had great trainers that always made sure you understood the job and all changes that they made we were aware of.
Pros
Great trainers
Cons
No raises for major acconplishments
Productive work environment
Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2017
Team work atmosphere entree level position with growth in some departments but not all.. Taking calls from stranded customers on the road and getting their coordinates.. Assisting irate customers over the phone
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 5, 2017
My work environment was very fast paced. The management and other employees were very kind. I loved being the person to help the customers when they were in the middle of such a bad situation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Road America. Our community is ready to answer.