Road Runner Sports

Road Runner Sports Employer Reviews

Long hours, poor pay, and dubious "leadership"
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Worthington, OHSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: my check has never bounced
Cons: pretty much everything else
I've been with this company since shortly after they opened a distribution center to service the population centers in the East/Midwest in 2008 (Something like 60% of the US population can be reached within 6 hours of Columbus, OH).

In that time I have seen at least 5 facility managers come and go, all but one a complete train wreck. I've also seen – more... people promoted just for being friends with managers (that caused an uproar and they now post openings instead of just filling them). Management company-wide is lazy and ineffective at best and downright hostile at worst.

The company has no desire to compensate it's employees. In the 6 years I've been there I have had 1 raise (no cost of living raises) and that was .25. No, that's not a typo, I received a quarter raise. Our yearly "Share the success" bonus has shrunk by $200 each of the last 3 years and recently (Sept '14) we found out we won't be receiving the portion we normally receive IN AUGUST.

As far as other benefits go they do offer paid vacation (you earn X hours per pay period based on seniority), sick time (I'll cover that in a moment), they pay for a portion of your health insurance, but it costs more than any other job I've bought insurance from, 401K (no matching contributions) and that's about it unless you'd like to count the picnics they throw about every 6 months. The sick time is that in name only as you are penalized (via attendance policy) if you use it because you have the flu or a cold.

Coworkers are mostly OK with some really great ones, but because the company has run off so many people (a large agency will no longer provide temps for them because of this) you get a great deal of under-qualified and lazy individuals.

We are rarely provided with the equipment we need to do our jobs and have been using computers that were outdated when I started since that time. I could go on but if what I've already written doesn't make you say "Nevermind" to this job nothing will. – less
Great for people who are salesmen
Retail Inventory Support Specialist (Current Employee), Elikridge, mdMay 21, 2014
Road Runner Sports offer alot of bonuses for the sales people not so much for inventory.
Providing customer WOW experience was fun
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Studio City, CASeptember 11, 2013
This was a great company to work for, but I just could no longer work the required retail hours.
A fun environment where can make my customers feel great.
Fit/Shoedog Expert (Current Employee), San Carlos CAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: free shoes
Cons: commission
Finding my customers perfect shoes, apparel and accessories.
Build relationships as I learn customers needs and assist them with getting the right gear. Working with a team of talented individuals in a family environment.
you want fun! come work here
Fit Sales Expert (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2013
the people great. the owner amazing. the job is so so but its what you would expect and your coworkers really make it great.
Great Job
Direct Sales- Fit Expert (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: pay
Everything here is great.
Just does not pay a lot at the end of the day
Good pay for retail but cult-like atmosphere
Retail Fit Expert (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 4, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management structure, poor customer treatment
This job will pay well but they have always changing standards and the CEO promotes an atmosphere that feels like a cult. Standards for sales goals and how the the stores are run are changed on a whim with little rhyme or reason. You are essentially required to constantly pester customers and get personal information from everyone, even if they're only – more... spending 2 bucks.

Outside of strict requirements the atmosphere is generally laid back and I got along with my co-workers and management. You can make good money if you can deal with working on weekends and standing for long hours. – less
Great company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2013
I did inbound customer service/sale, the management were very easy to work with, and to get along with, I've worked at awful call centers in the past and this by far was the best, everyone got along with everyone and the company treated the employees very well
Difficult Advancement but great company
Fit Expert (Former Employee), San Carlos, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: awesome healthy environment
Cons: compensation
I loved working here and would be happy to go back! I learned a lot about customer focus here.
Great Up and Coming Company with Room for Growth
Area Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 12, 2012
Most of my retail experience comes from Road Runner Sports. Road Runner is extremely focused on giving each customer a WOW retail experience.
productive and fun
warehouse worker (Current Employee), Worthington, OhioSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
A typical day is being organized, picking and packages for orders as needed. I learned how to use certain computer programs, supervise a shift, and pick and pack packages. Management try to make the work place to were it is relaxed and fun. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is walking all day. We walk about 10 to 12 miles – more... in the warehouse a day. The most enjoyable part of the day is the people you get to work with. They make it fun to be there. – less
Great Company
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Torrance CAFebruary 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
A great culture and company to work for. good staffing and positive vibe and growth potential.

About Road Runner Sports

Road Runner Sports is for the running -- or walking --┬áman or woman. The retailer, known for its wide selection, sells athletic – Read more