Roadrunner Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Great company, Excellent career path
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
I worked as a Territory Manager for Roadrunner Pharmacy for three years, and had an overwhelmingly positive experience. As a sales representative, you are given your own territory to manage and grow, and have the capability of building that territory into a very strong, six-figure income, while still enjoying a great work/life balance. The management team is composed of some of the best people I've ever worked for, and a large portion of sales reps have been there for 10+ years, which is unheard of in a sales career path. There is no micro-management, and you're given the autonomy to grow your sales, but still have the strong support of the Pharmacy at all times.

You're given direct contacts for the owners of the company. They're always there for your ideas, and will do whatever it takes to ensure that you succeed in the field. On top of that, there isn't a better product out there in the veterinary compounding industry. Roadrunner sets the bar for quality, and you get the opportunity to help pets every day!

If you're considering a sales career with Roadrunner Pharmacy, I'd highly recommend calling any one of the sales reps in the company and seeing for yourself how rewarding the job is. I'd highly recommend Roadrunner to anyone looking for a long-term career path.
poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
Owners seem more interested in flexing their power and micromanaging than retaining good, talented employees and keeping their business running smoothly. They also micromanage from their office in a different building, rather than letting higher ups who are in the pharmacy every day take charge.

Employees can be great and well respected but they'll put people in conditions that force them to quit/be fired such as denying time off (or even denying coming in late/leaving early) for funerals, visiting hospitalized parents, taking elderly parents to drs appointments, etc... as well as approving time off and then un-approving it after travel arrangements have been made.

Turnover is EXTREMELY high. Techs are constantly having to be trained, and this turnover is the same with pharmacists, because they treat the pharmacists the same way as the techs. It seems like over half of the pharmacists have left within a year, and because of this there's mostly just new, inexperienced pharmacists who are slow, which makes getting orders done and out the door on time really stressful.

There's good coworkers, however some are obsessed with harmful gossip and rather than superiors putting an end to it, they participate and try to use it to get people in trouble.
Pros
some free lunches, pay is OK, most coworkers
Cons
expensive benefits that aren't great, extremely high turnover, drama, management
A day at work
CERTIFIED PHARMACY COMPOUNDING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2017
So when I walk in i first put on the required gear.I look at the orders and i start to write them down. Then I put all the drugs in front of me so it will take the pharmacist less time to final check. Every day we learn new things because we are a compounding pharmacy we have new orders everyday. I enjoy working with my co workers they are all from different walks of life i get along with them. The hardest part is starting work at 12:30 and then the morning shift still working because their shift ends at 1:30 there is no place to work. We cant find the drugs because everyone use them already. My favorite part is when the medication is ready and is labeled and ready to get shipped. It makes me feel like I helped someone.
Pros
I like my lunch break
Cons
its crowded
poor management
Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2016
not flexible on attendance even with family emergencies.
no communication between management and staff
people in leadership positions have no experience with management
high theft rate (Lead pharmacist)
controls are always coming up missing (pharmacist)
revolving door with technicians, all good techs leave because of mistreatment
they lie to you during your interview on how well the job can be
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
management, owners, pay, benefits.....too many to list
Great work education
Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
Roadrunner was just an externship through school. It was a great experience in the career field I am beginning to love. I was in school, this was just part of my class
Pros
hands on experience
Review of externship
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2016
I did not work at Roadrunner it was only an externship through school, but it was very helpful to get my foot in the door on how a compounding pharmacy works
Pros
all the employees were super nice and educational
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
What can I say about this amazing company. If you give 100%, they give 110%. They are always rewarding us with free lunches and gift cards. The customer service management team are all very happy and always have a smile on their faces. They are willing to help understand the position and provide good training. I have been with this business for 5 years and can say that I will be with them long term. I started as a technician and continue to move up the ladder.
Pros
Happy employees, free lunches, management who always have smiles on their faces and reliable employment
Cons
I can't think of any cons. As long as you do what is expected, then there won't be any cons.
Ball and chain
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Owners are nothing short of rude, weird and extremely uncomfortable. Working here has made me learn exactly who not to work for. They promise you all of the greatest things a new hire can dream of, but in the end you don't experience anything good. Sure you get free lunches sometime but it doesn't pay the bills. If you work here, expect to be micromanaged, get healthcare but never be able to set an appointment, and don't forget that if they treat you like trash, they value you and don't want you to look for another job. Such a horrid place to work at. Hopefully people who stick around will feel more valued with new ownership. Owners will do anything to break you down and belittle you straight to your face and be completely ok with it. I have witnessed coworkers having to abandon their families during emergencies because HR won't allow them the day off, I have also seen the same constant people sick but still at work because they're scared to lose their jobs. Illness is constantly going around at this place because they expect you to still come to work and we pass around the office. I personally have gotten a Dr. Note but was told my job wasn't secured and since I was at work to continue working. HR department is the root of all problems at this place.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Management and HR is a joke
should be running joke
job slave pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  azSeptember 21, 2015
I've been a few bad places but this one REALLY takes the cake. For the amount of or "lack there of" advancement. Its a nice up dated building hiding a call center prison. If you are a single parent. Do not apply. If you are looking for benefits. This is not the place to go. You WILL be written up to take care of family members, sick children, court or legal matters. More or less you have to prove your self. There are other places perhaps maybe Wal-Mart that can promise better advancement than this horrid place. Interns please go else where save your self!!!!! Favortisim is a big problem. If never recommend working there not recommend service there. The experience alone is scarring and not recommended for the resume! Just RUN!
Pros
Cons
where do i begin
Awful Management!!! Run!!!!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2015
This place use to be a wonderful place to work but it's growing too fast for management to keep up with. They pay very well but that's how they trap you. You can never call in, it's hard to get approved time off especially on a Monday or Friday. Owners and sister are weird and awkward and like to gossip about employees. They are only worried about numbers and how many prescriptions are pushed out every day (quantity over quality) that causes lots of mistakes and leads to unhappy customers and employees. They have wonderful employees and don't appreciate or acknowledge the great work they do because they are too worried about what everyone is doing wrong. This place is getting worse and more long time employees are quitting and the one who do stay are too scared to leave because they have been brainwashed that is is the best opportunity they will ever have. They will make you choose between your family or job so make sure not to get pregnant or have any kind of family emergency or sick kids. Lots of favoritism and once you get on the supervisors or managements bad side you will eventually get fired. They're also very unethical so make sure you know your rights as an employee or they will bully you and try to get away with doing things that are legally unethical even though they claim they are Christians people. This place is going south real fast and most employees are miserable and unhappy. I was a 5 year employee and couldn't be happier now that I've left this place!!!!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Unprofessional Management, quantity over quality, can't get any approved time off, don't like old or pregnant people
Not very flexible
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  phoenixAugust 11, 2015
management is terrible,not flexible with its employees.very unprofessional,HR is very very very poor.the attendance point system is garbage.
Pros
love the work we do
Cons
management
Growing company but with some issues
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2015
The manufacturing side has high standards and quality control and has an excellent reputation within the industry.

Opportunities exist despite some of the management being shockingly unaware of certain business principles.
Pros
growing company, excellent reputation
Cons
inappropriate personal viewpoints expressed, difficult communication with management
Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZOctober 19, 2014
If they give you a break it is one they simply choose for you. And don't ever call off of work even if it seriously is for a family emergency or you are sick they will either let you go or write you up and tell you a doctors note is not an excused absence. And usually you would think they would supply you with a name plate. Nope they make you pay for it out of pocket. And then the dog runs around the pharmacy while the CEO is walking around. They make it seem wonderful which I fell for that also when I first started and it was all fake. The parking is horrible some people have to park across the street. Oh and do not think your car is safe there either 2 cars got broken into the 4 months that I worked there. This place is a joke it is a revolving door for employees.
Pros
You got free lunch sometimes, but if your night crew make sure you get yours at 3 when that is the last delivery
Cons
you might get a break but all team leads get theres and they go mostly at the same time
Roadrunner Pharmacy: Proceed with caution, or better yet, do not proceed.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2014
Here are the basics you’ll want to consider before taking a position/applying with Roadrunner Pharmacy: The turnover rate is extremely high. They are always usually hiring, and it is for a reason, employees do not stay employees for very long. The company is rapidly growing, and they do not have the resources to keep up with the work because of the turnover rate and in turn, more and more mistakes are being made by new and seasoned workers because of the high workload, more unhappy customers and more unhappy workers are created. The team leads/supervisors are more interested in seeking out things to write people up for than being a support system to their workers.There are a lot of bad seeds here amongst team leads, supervisors and co-workers. Favoritism is obvious here. If you are sick and have a Dr. note, you will most likely still get written up for missing even a day or two from work. Yes, it has and does happen often. You are “allowed” one break a day, they claim, but they can pull you away from your break or not allow you to take one altogether if they want to. All in all, it is a very difficult, stressful, and unkind work environment.
The worst place to work, look and find elsewhere.
Pharm tech (Former Employee) –  all departmentsJuly 29, 2014
Unfriendly, each department is micro- managed. Huge employee turnover. You better fit into the click or you will be fired. Don't bother wasting your time. Many more opportunities out there.
Cons
no breaks
Compounding is the best place
Certified Compounding IV Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2014
very diverse people and variety of medications that your learn to make in non- sterile envrionment
Pros
weekends off
Cons
high turnover
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2013
Wonderful place to work - great atmosphere! Great people to work with. Stress free environment!
Pros
all day shift work, no weekends
ok for first job.
Certified Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2013
fun place to work but company growing too quickly for them to keep up. learned how to compound a variety of animal medications
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
no sick pay
NOT the happiest place on earth
Pharmacy Technician - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2013
in the beginning it was an excellent company to work for, but it began to grow way too fast. the values and heart this place had in the beginning has been lost in the rapid expansion. quantity is way more important than the quality. employees move through here like cattle.
No Ability to balance work and kids
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Jr. Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2013
When I started there everyone(management) was very into advancement and training and recognizing employees doing a good job. It has since grown and all the values I once took pride in that the company had, is now gone. There is a severe lack of communication at all levels and those that work hard and take initiative are the ones that seem to be getting the counsels from management for possible write ups. Favoritism is a very obvious trait in this company. The only highlight is that the co-workers are very supportive. The upper level supervisors is where employees are having issues. As long as your a favorite you can get away with breaking policy/procedure. There is a distinct feeling of having to choose between family or job. Its a sad state the company has fallen to. Its all about numbers and not quality.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Short lunches, expensive healthcare, no time off allowed for doctor appointments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roadrunner Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9