Roadrunner Pharmacy Employee Reviews in United States

Great work education
Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2016
Roadrunner was just an externship through school. It was a great experience in the career field I am beginning to love. I was in school, this was just part of my class
Pros
hands on experience
Review of externship
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2016
I did not work at Roadrunner it was only an externship through school, but it was very helpful to get my foot in the door on how a compounding pharmacy works
Pros
all the employees were super nice and educational
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2016
What can I say about this amazing company. If you give 100%, they give 110%. They are always rewarding us with free lunches and gift cards. The customer service management team are all very happy and always have a smile on their faces. They are willing to help understand the position and provide good training. I have been with this business for 5 years and can say that I will be with them long term. I started as a technician and continue to move up the ladder.
Pros
Happy employees, free lunches, management who always have smiles on their faces and reliable employment
Cons
I can't think of any cons. As long as you do what is expected, then there won't be any cons.
Ball and chain
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 29, 2016
Owners are nothing short of rude, weird and extremely uncomfortable. Working here has made me learn exactly who not to work for. They promise you all of the greatest things a new hire can dream of, but in the end you don't experience anything good. Sure you get free lunches sometime but it doesn't pay the bills. If you work here, expect to be micromanaged, get healthcare but never be able to set an appointment, and don't forget that if they treat you like trash, they value you and don't want you to look for another job. Such a horrid place to work at. Hopefully people who stick around will feel more valued with new ownership. Owners will do anything to break you down and belittle you straight to your face and be completely ok with it. I have witnessed coworkers having to abandon their families during emergencies because HR won't allow them the day off, I have also seen the same constant people sick but still at work because they're scared to lose their jobs. Illness is constantly going around at this place because they expect you to still come to work and we pass around the office. I personally have gotten a Dr. Note but was told my job wasn't secured and since I was at work to continue working. HR department is the root of all problems at this place.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Management and HR is a joke
should be running joke
job slave pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  azSeptember 21, 2015
I've been a few bad places but this one REALLY takes the cake. For the amount of or "lack there of" advancement. Its a nice up dated building hiding a call center prison. If you are a single parent. Do not apply. If you are looking for benefits. This is not the place to go. You WILL be written up to take care of family members, sick children, court or legal matters. More or less you have to prove your self. There are other places perhaps maybe Wal-Mart that can promise better advancement than this horrid place. Interns please go else where save your self!!!!! Favortisim is a big problem. If never recommend working there not recommend service there. The experience alone is scarring and not recommended for the resume! Just RUN!
Pros
Cons
where do i begin
Awful Management!!! Run!!!!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2015
This place use to be a wonderful place to work but it's growing too fast for management to keep up with. They pay very well but that's how they trap you. You can never call in, it's hard to get approved time off especially on a Monday or Friday. Owners and sister are weird and awkward and like to gossip about employees. They are only worried about numbers and how many prescriptions are pushed out every day (quantity over quality) that causes lots of mistakes and leads to unhappy customers and employees. They have wonderful employees and don't appreciate or acknowledge the great work they do because they are too worried about what everyone is doing wrong. This place is getting worse and more long time employees are quitting and the one who do stay are too scared to leave because they have been brainwashed that is is the best opportunity they will ever have. They will make you choose between your family or job so make sure not to get pregnant or have any kind of family emergency or sick kids. Lots of favoritism and once you get on the supervisors or managements bad side you will eventually get fired. They're also very unethical so make sure you know your rights as an employee or they will bully you and try to get away with doing things that are legally unethical even though they claim they are Christians people. This place is going south real fast and most employees are miserable and unhappy. I was a 5 year employee and couldn't be happier now that I've left this place!!!!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Unprofessional Management, quantity over quality, can't get any approved time off, don't like old or pregnant people
Not very flexible
pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  phoenixAugust 11, 2015
management is terrible,not flexible with its employees.very unprofessional,HR is very very very poor.the attendance point system is garbage.
Pros
love the work we do
Cons
management
Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZOctober 19, 2014
If they give you a break it is one they simply choose for you. And don't ever call off of work even if it seriously is for a family emergency or you are sick they will either let you go or write you up and tell you a doctors note is not an excused absence. And usually you would think they would supply you with a name plate. Nope they make you pay for it out of pocket. And then the dog runs around the pharmacy while the CEO is walking around. They make it seem wonderful which I fell for that also when I first started and it was all fake. The parking is horrible some people have to park across the street. Oh and do not think your car is safe there either 2 cars got broken into the 4 months that I worked there. This place is a joke it is a revolving door for employees.
Pros
you got free lunch sometimes, but if your night crew make sure you get yours at 3 when that is the last delivery
Cons
you might get a break but all team leads get theres and they go mostly at the same time
Roadrunner Pharmacy: Proceed with caution, or better yet, do not proceed.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2014
Here are the basics you’ll want to consider before taking a position/applying with Roadrunner Pharmacy: The turnover rate is extremely high. They are always usually hiring, and it is for a reason, employees do not stay employees for very long. The company is rapidly growing, and they do not have the resources to keep up with the work because of the turnover rate and in turn, more and more mistakes are being made by new and seasoned workers because of the high workload, more unhappy customers and more unhappy workers are created. The team leads/supervisors are more interested in seeking out things to write people up for than being a support system to their workers.There are a lot of bad seeds here amongst team leads, supervisors and co-workers. Favoritism is obvious here. If you are sick and have a Dr. note, you will most likely still get written up for missing even a day or two from work. Yes, it has and does happen often. You are “allowed” one break a day, they claim, but they can pull you away from your break or not allow you to take one altogether if they want to. All in all, it is a very difficult, stressful, and unkind work environment.
The worst place to work, look and find elsewhere.
Pharm tech (Former Employee) –  all departmentsJuly 29, 2014
Unfriendly, each department is micro- managed. Huge employee turnover. You better fit into the click or you will be fired. Don't bother wasting your time. Many more opportunities out there.
Cons
no breaks

Want to know more about Roadrunner Pharmacy?

Ask a question
Compounding is the best place
Certified Compounding IV Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2014
very diverse people and variety of medications that your learn to make in non- sterile envrionment
Pros
weekends off
Cons
high turnover
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2013
Wonderful place to work - great atmosphere! Great people to work with. Stress free environment!
Pros
all day shift work, no weekends
ok for first job.
Certified Compounding Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2013
fun place to work but company growing too quickly for them to keep up. learned how to compound a variety of animal medications
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
no sick pay
NOT the happiest place on earth
Pharmacy Technician - Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2013
in the beginning it was an excellent company to work for, but it began to grow way too fast. the values and heart this place had in the beginning has been lost in the rapid expansion. quantity is way more important than the quality. employees move through here like cattle.
No Ability to balance work and kids
Certified Pharmacy Technician/Jr. Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2013
When I started there everyone(management) was very into advancement and training and recognizing employees doing a good job. It has since grown and all the values I once took pride in that the company had, is now gone. There is a severe lack of communication at all levels and those that work hard and take initiative are the ones that seem to be getting the counsels from management for possible write ups. Favoritism is a very obvious trait in this company. The only highlight is that the co-workers are very supportive. The upper level supervisors is where employees are having issues. As long as your a favorite you can get away with breaking policy/procedure. There is a distinct feeling of having to choose between family or job. Its a sad state the company has fallen to. Its all about numbers and not quality.
Pros
great co-workers.
Cons
short lunches, expensive healthcare, no time off allowed for doctor appointments.
Great company to work for that has great compensation potential.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMay 6, 2013
I have been with Roadrunner for 9 years and could not be happier with my career. The management provides you with all the tools you need to suceed without micro managing. If you require management to hold your hand to be sucessful, this is not the job for you. The National Sales Manager is very helpful and working with him is very constructive and at the same time enjoyable. The compensation is more than fair, as long as you are willing to go out there and earn it. What sales job pays you a large base salary upfront without any sales? The company provides a base salary and an excellent commission on sales in your territory. The commission structure allows you to make as much as you are willing to earn. The staff at the pharmacy is incredible. They are great to work with and are an amazing resource to have when you are out in the field.
Growing Company with a Promising Future
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  USAMay 3, 2013
This company has provided my family and I with an excellent source of income over the past several years. Working with veterinarians is very rewarding while providing them with a valuable service they need to keep their patients healthy. During my tenure I have seen this company transform from a small one room pharmacy into a campus style facility with multiple buildings with a staff of 200. Upon being hired, I was given the opportunity to build a territory from the ground floor into one of the largest territories in the company. I enjoy the people I work with tremendously while building a successful career working with this company. Given the choice, I would do it again.
Excellent company to work for!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2013
I have been working for Roadrunner Pharmacy since September, 2012. I have honestly never been happier in my career. I have an incredible manager who is far from a "micro-manager". The National Sales Manager is always available for the sales reps and manages to make the training fun! The training is very thorough with a week spent at the headquarters in Phoenix, AZ, a week with a seasoned sales rep. in their territory, followed by a week in your territory with your manager. The pharmacists are great to work with and incredibly supportive to the sales reps. The owners of the company are honest, hard-working and a joy to work for. The President calls me at least once a month to ask me how everything is going for me in the field.

The base salary is very competitve for the industry and the commission structure is very fair. There are also quarterly awards for the top performers. The quality of the products I am selling is second to none. I go out there and do my job every day and I have been able to double my territory in less than 7 months! I can honestly say, I absolutely LOVE my job!
Pros
great people to work with and for!
First Year Review Of A Great Job
Nothwest Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  SeattleMay 2, 2013
I have been in a sales position with this company for almost a year and I have found this job very fulfilling both personally and financially. I have been in sales for over 20 years and this is the first time I have sold pharmaceuticals. I received excellent training initially and the ongoing training has been consistent and beneficial, as there has been a steep learning curve. The pharmacy staff is incredibly knowledgeable, provides excellent product information for customers with specific questions and are very supportive of the sales staff. I receive excellent support from the marketing department, who makes sure I always have the products and materials I need to maximize sales. I have found my national manager to be personable, supportive, knowledgeable, professional and hands-on in a positive way that does not feel like micromanaging. When we meet up or he comes to visit me in my territory, I benefit from his feedback. Overall, I feel that taking this job was a great fit for me and took my career in a positive direction, given my passion for animals and the opportunity I have to help them every day.
Outside Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  USAMay 1, 2013
As an up and coming sales rep out of college this was the perfect company to cut my teeth with. While the owners take a bit getting used to (very hands on) the people I worked with were terrific. I was offered an abundance of support from everyone I worked with including other sales reps, pharmacists and managers. My manager would typically check in with me a few times a week and certainly was not overbearing. I did not feel like I was micro-managed in any way, shape or form and was given enough space to do my job. In my three years with company it was typical that the only ones who did not last, did it to themselves. The marketing material/web site did need additional support and is one area they could certainly improve.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
web site, marketing

2.7