Robert Bosch Employee Reviews

Great experience with marketing and strategic planning
Regional Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 15, 2016
I have learned a lot from this position regarding strategic planning of the product line, communication with different management levels inside and outside of organization and also i have learned that i am not a 100% office person. I like to travel outside the office, meat people and get challenged by their needs.
Good company to work for
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 29, 2016
Wonderful experience while working for Bosch in Broadview, Illinois. Excellent Leadership and ample opportunity for career movement. Technical and operations training is world class. The benefits at Bosch AANA, are great especially when compared to what other companies are currently offering. The only reason I left is Bosch moved their distribution to Atlanta Georgia.
Pros
Onsite cafe
Cons
Slow to change
Be careful when join Bosch
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2016
1. Bosch expect you to grow automatically, the training/follow-up feed back is severely insufficient.

2. Bosch encourage you to work over time: it is not on the rule, but the task assigned to you definitely make you work over 50, even 60 hours per week, on an average Engineer;

3. Highly bureaucratic management.

4. Lack humanistic care: my colleague's wife is during pregnancy at her 9th month, the company still assign him to German for 8 weeks! He miss the most important moment in his life! Similar things happened very often.

5. HR is not nice to you, especially if you are a not US citizen: your green-card sponsorship, H-1 B are reluctant approve with delay.

Relatively good compensation; Good to be a manager in Bosch
good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2016
Good benefits
Good work environment
terrible communications between departments.
little advancement possibilities
A lot of escaltion/task force
Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 7, 2016
A great place to work with dedicated staff and a group of people that really wanted to do the right thing. You were able to follow your passions and learn as much as you would like. A stable strucute with a very little turnover.
Latest and greatest machinery and people to get a product into the public.
CNC Set-Up Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2016
Bosch is a great company. They strive to be the best at manufacturing products for the automotive industry. I leave work every day knowing that I contributed to the high standards that are in place.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
a little too much overtime.
pro active for safety
TPM mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 30, 2016
God company, associate input, people are very friendly even people you pass will say hello co-workers are very supportive. Enloyed the job I was doing until the position was eliminated
Productive workplace
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 13, 2016
It was a wonderful workplace as in giving an opportunity to advance. My co-workers were a joy to work around giving me a lot of knowledge.
Bosch needs to focus more on a work/life balance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 4, 2016
Management leadership skills are lacking. Its more of a dictatorship. You are treated like a number and not a person with a life and family outside of Bosch. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory weekends. Some months we can work of 21 straight days. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay. Advancement is on a "who you know not what you know' basis.
Good People
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 28, 2016
Driven and focused organizational management teams. The Bosch employees are highly trained, knowledgeable and dedicated to producing a great product.
North American Corporate
Corporate HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Broadview, ILApril 20, 2016
Allows for flexible schedules
Quickly growing company and fast paced
Coordination between corporate departments is often disjointed
Work environment is comfortable
Motion Graphic/UI Designer (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 8, 2016
The work environment is quiet and comfortable. The co-workers are friendly and enthusiasm. The team leader had taught me a lot about mobile UI and UX.
Good Place to work at
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 19, 2016
Overall a good place to work at. The position i had was not for me. Typical day would be looking at excel charts to track quality trends and close customer issue. Analyzing parts as they came in and documenting the results. Learned a lot about supplier quality and how its not meant for me. Hardest part was constantly being blamed for everything and having to be in front of the customer getting berated for a bad quality part that your company produced. Best part was the commute to work 10 minutes.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
Repetitive work
Supportive, professional, no entertainment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  farmington hills, MIMarch 13, 2016
Complete Professional Atmosphere, very rare opportunities of fun activities but dedicated to quality time and productivity.
Pros
Good work - life balance
Cons
low salary, no fun activities, no lunch - fun treats
Great Company
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 6, 2016
Bosch is a great company with great benefits. This company provides an opportunity to interact with many different cultures.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Very lean work force which means you will work way more than 40 hours per week.
Great work environment, helpful employees/supervisors
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 9, 2016
Daily morning meetings to observe and analyze any defective products found on the line.
Numerous weekly meetings to review ongoing issues with various defective products.
Weekly meetings to see where various projects were and to determine new actions and dates for completing goals.
I learned how the products we produced worked, how manufacturing facilities work, and how quality is critical in the success of companies and their products.
Management was helpful with projects and interactions with other employees.
Multiple interactions with co-workers throughout the day.
The hardest part of the job was finding projects that were necessary and how they could improve upon various processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with fellow employees and meeting front line staff members.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Has very good benefits and working hours. Payed lunches, 8 hour work shifts. Lots of training on hand and able to move up as far as you like.
Open Minded, Great Compensation
Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 6, 2015
While working at Robert Bosch I learned a lot! The management in the department in which I worked was always open to new ideas, allowed you to be creative & provided the elements that you needed to get your job done!
Pros
Growth, Compensation
Cons
When working with a large manufacturing company there is always the possibility of lay offs
Very busy. Sometimes a nice place to work
Forklift operator/ general labor (Former Employee) –  Marion, ARSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Robert Bosch until the day my assignment ended. I had let it be known that I had a phobia of heights and that I could become ill while trying to endure working in a higher level of the warehouse. They decided to test that and when I did become ill and I vomitted in my mouth, I let the supervisor know. The supervisor decided that I was not a team player and let the manager know. And the next week, my assignment was ended.
Pros
Nice starting off pay
Cons
Short breaks, very long to become a full time employee
GREAT place for Engineers
Executive Assistant to Regional President (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 15, 2015
If you're in engineering, there's always a spot for you at Bosch. Management is good! Nice people - lots of diversity.

No advancement for admin, except perhaps to executive admin.
If you're admin, don't expect to be recognized, but it's a good solid work load and cooperative environment. Nice job, to be sure.
Pros
Cafe is good, gym, solid company.
Cons
Confusing titles/acronyms, warehouse size office, very "corporate", cold relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3