Robert Half Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,738 reviews matching the search
The people and culture kept me at Robert Half
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2016
From the beginning of the interview process with RH I should've noticed the red flags. District and Branch managers pull out all the stops to hire you and then wait months until they train and invest in you as an employee. They call this the "sink or swim" period, but if you have no experience in staffing they end up wasting the company's time as well as your own. My experience with management wasn't great. I felt like I couldn't go to my bosses and ask for help and I couldn't trust them based on how I saw them treat my other colleagues. Management engages with gossip on a regular basis. They fire people pretty often and it is a very competitive environment. Lots of office politics that will take up the majority of your time, even after you leave the office.
Pros
Fun office environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of work/life balance
Fulfilling, challenging with a good management/staff culture
Regional Credit & Collection Manager (exempt) (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILFebruary 27, 2016
Responsible for providing the overall credit & collection management of a large portfolio of client accounts. Each day provided and opportunity to problem solve issues with clients, staff and management. Also provided opportunities to learn, teach, coach and provide assistance to various departments and staff. Management provided encouragement & support. Employees were encouraged to strive for their personal best. Challenged by metrics and time constraints but recognized for accomplishments as well as building relationships both internally and externally.
Pros
Education, mentoring and good work/life balance
Cons
Cost of benefits provided
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
From the outside looking in, Robert Half International is a respected company that provides a great service in staffing for companies finance and accounting, technology, financial analysis, creative, legal, and office management departments. However, when you are an employee you can see how the company truly operates. There is no actual strategy when it comes to the way of doing business, mostly in sales. It is simply a numbers game with the thought process that if you come in at 7:30am, blast out 100 calls, and leave at 6:00pm, you should be able to generate new business. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for innovation. Unfortunately, I have been with the company for a month and haven't come to enjoy one aspect of my position.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time. Benefits are very good. The company promotes from within, however, you actually have to enjoy the culture to stick around and benefit from this.
Cons
Expected to eat lunch at your desk. Unrealistic expectations without any strategy.
Its all about whether you fit in or not.
Insurance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 29, 2016
Like most companies these days; it seems to be a matter of whether you fit in to the culture of the company versus whether or not you can do the task at hand. I have had at least one assignment from them that actually lasted the full term of the contract, but like most temp agencies; there is little to be said about job security. You can loose a position within a week of being on the job simply because someone doesn't like you, when you ask the recruiter why the most common answer is that the client did not say. I have to say with this company they always pay you on time and most of their recruiters are good about answering all questions and concerns.
Pros
Weekly pay, 45 min to hr lunches depending on assignment.
Cons
No job security, loose your job at anytime with little to no explanation as to why. Typical temp agency.
Great for entry level or parent reentering workforce
Educational Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I was a housewife for many years and unsure of skills and not sure about my career path. This is a good place to explore career options. Be prepared for just slightly over minimum wage offered. I was offered full time positions after working at two different companies, so it is a great way to get your foot in the door - again, you will be expected to start at a lower salary range since you can't request a big raise from a temp status position. I was able to work part-time while the kids were in school, so flexible hours are possible for contract/part-time positions. Best part was knowing that I could move on to something else. Minimal healthcare at a cost through Robt.Half and no other benefits for contract/temp jobs. Better situation if you are married and covered by spouse or national healthcare plan or a new grad who might be still covered by parent.
Pros
Fairly low pressure, variety of jobs to try out
Cons
No benefits and low pay
Fun workplace, no specific hire in date & low pay.
Indexer (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 2, 2016
The job itself is pretty easy, I do records indexing for a small company in my city and the people are very friendly, the work is easy but the only thing that I dislike is the fact that you don't know when you're gonna get hired in. Most temp jobs do a 2 month hire in or a year and at this job, there's been people working there for 3 years through the temp service & then there's no chance for a pay raise. I work and go to school, which I have to pay out of pocket for and the money that I make here isn't making ends meet. I spoke with the recruiter about switching positions and he told me he'd follow up with me in January. They're always posting new job openings on their site that pay more but I'm still waiting to get placed somewhere new.....
Pros
Flexible hours, cheap vending
Cons
No specific hire in date, low pay
productive place to work but not the most friendliest place
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed what I did. I am very hardworking, easy to get along with and dedicated to doing my job to its full potential. Management wasn't the friendliest, did not micromanage but lacked communication skills.
Pros
the assignments/tasks given are easy, great city locations, compensation could be better
Cons
poor communication with employees
The worst staffing firm ever
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 18, 2016
They lied about the assignment details. They didn't return any phone calls. When they were in the office, they never picked up their phones and it always went to voicemail. One of the recruiter promised to call me back, and she never did. One of the new recruiter over there was extremely rude and wasn't prepared for anything. They didn't care about their employees. They always kept some people for temp assignments rather than the direct-hire or temp-to-hire positions. Even if they knew the assignment would end early, they didn't tell their employees and left the employees there for weeks without paychecks. They should work hard to find another assignment for those employees, but they didn't.

I will not recommend anyone to work for this staffing agency. I will not work for them again.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great work environment
Interim Finance/Cost Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2016
Learned ERP Cost system for Netsuite. Responsibilities encompass all aspects of the month end close including management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, inventory control, cost accounting and the internal control environment for the San Diego and Tijuana sites.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
job security
The Perfect Job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2016
Friendly atmosphere, management was great and the compensation was way more than what was expected. the only downfall is they closed down the office where I worked and was able to relocate but wasn't my ideal place.
Pros
well balance, personal life and work
Cons
relocation
Know your story, but don't care
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 24, 2016
They have jobs available but aren't willing to work with you when a permanent opportunity comes along. I've had job interviews for permanent work come up, and when I've told them I needed to go for an interview they behaved as if I was being completely irresponsible in asking for time to attend the interview. I wasn't asking for days off, just a late morning or the ability to leave early to go to the interview. And heaven forbid your kid get sick! My wife can't be the only one who stays home when the child gets sick but when I've called in because of a sick kid, they've been less than happy.
Pros
They have a good array of assignments
Cons
No patience with families and no respect for work/life balance
Agro-Dynamics for Robert Half
Agro Dynamics - House Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 13, 2015
• House sales manager; opened new accounts, and worked directly with existing and new customers, generating telephone orders and maintaining overall customer satisfaction.
• Coordinated full container loads of merchandise shipping from Denmark to various ports in the USA, through delivery to customer.
• Teamed with warehouse manager to effectively increase freight margins, while reducing overall costs to customers.
Pros
Required to take an hour for lunch
Cons
No benefits, no job security
Great co workers, used to be a great place to work
CREDIT ANALYST & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work with great co workers. Fridays employees can shop the in house wine store at huge discounts. Wine comes from all over the world
Pros
Great medical, dental & vision benefits
Cons
Management should let people do their jobs.
Outstanding, ethical organization
Director (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Although it was founded in 1946, Robert Half has only had 2 CEOs (including Robert Half himself), and lives by ethical standards of equal pay for equal work. The company has no debt and is very stable financially. More importantly, it has a huge drive to modernize itself for the coming decades, and it is making major investments in that direction.

Although the company is really trying to help employees maintain a work/life baland, the fact that so many new reengineering initiatives are underway at once, and the field of skilled temporary staff and consultants is growing, means that there is a lot of work to be done - meaning a lot of stress on personal balance.
Pros
Ethical, stable, caring organization
Cons
Huge work goals make work/life balance difficult
good company
AML Review Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2016
good company to work for, good benefits, great opportunity for promotions, over all it was a great experience. I would recommend them to all of my fellow co workers.
I enjoyed the seniors
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 10, 2015
Every senior I encountered while employed made me smile. They always had a good story to tell, want to give goodies, give compliments and praises when due.
Pros
Some of the doctors were great to work with, the senior were very enjoyable
Cons
Constant change in management decisions, harsh, unkind
Robert Half is not for everyone
STAFFING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 15, 2015
Like any sales job, there are sales metrics to abide by. It's not the high expectations that make or break your career with Robert Half. It's the management. If management doesn't support you, you won't get anywhere.
Pros
Elevating desks
Cons
lack of work life balance
Assigned to First Midwest Bank/Wealth Management. Extremely helpful, knowledgeable and caring coworkers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 9, 2016
Assist in daily bill paying from Wealth Management Trust accounts.
Transfer money from Checking to Trust and Trust to Checking to cover costs.
Enter payroll for Trust accounts that have hired staff.
Open and Close accounts as needed.
Daily filing into Document, Miscellaneous Correspondence, Investment and Real Estate files.
Pros
Great learning experience from people willing to teach and help guide.
Cons
Hours were cut on very short notice with no warning.
General
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2016
Well I have worked in customer service for about 15 years now and I've had a lot of experience with handling phones,filing,data entry and doing various office duties. Once trained I can learn pretty quick and pick up on things fast. I am a bubbley girl who is easy to get along with and always has a smile on my face.I take pride in my work and it shows. I like to get all my assignments done in a timely manner and also if my fellow co- workers need help I'm there to help. I take my jobs seriously so being on time is very important.
Pros
learning new things
benefits
Very Fun and family oriented workplace.
Recruiter/HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJanuary 20, 2016
Management very knowledgeable and helpful. Excellent job training and promotion incentives were great. Productive and very goal oriented work place.