Robert Half Employee Reviews

Found 4,048 reviews matching the search
Good work once placed by Robert Half.
Operations Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2016
Self-advocating is a must when working to gain employment through staffing agencies. Once hired by a financial company, my position was intricate, and I enjoyed learning to become skilled. My superiors had relaxed management styles, and the job itself made the workdays go by quickly. Once I became knowledgeable and proficient, I enjoyed assisting new hires during their learning process. This assignment eventually ended, and I was given a short term assignment with a different company that ended earlier than expected because they ran out of work. I have not been placed in another position even though Robert Half knows that I'm looking for employment.
Pros
They placed me in one great position.
Cons
Questionable staffing practices, no benefits, and they doubled the hours needed to qualify for holiday pay.
Fast paced busy office with plenty of work experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 8, 2016
Answered a high volume of calls. Checked voicemails and returned calls from patients. Addressed pharmaceutical reps and helped w/ arranging meetings for them to come and speak w/ the physician. Checked patients in, roomed patients, checked vital signs and prepared patients for the physician. Submitted request for authorizations, prepared charts, and made sure all charts were prepared for the following day. Worked weekends filing charts, obtaining medical records.etc...
Pros
I gained alot of work experience assisting the medical assistant/office manager.
Cons
The pay was minimal. I worked part time. The job offered minimal benefits.
Typical sales culture with little management leadership
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2016
It's sales. You're an attorney, but it's sales. It's not terribly difficult to do, but you'll make more as an entry level legal secretary. Bonus structure is pathetic for a Fortune 500 company, which means the majority of the compensation is going to the executives and not to the people bringing in the money. Benefits are very expensive. High turnover - but again - that's sales for you.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Terrible compensation plan
Busy, fast paced environment that is driven by sales metrics
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 24, 2016
This is a fast paced environment that really expects a lot from its staff. Office space has a younger vibe, but the role is difficult and demanding.

If you are not into sales, and meeting certain metrics, then this role will be difficult.

The company has a lot of benefits once you cross over from the training program into a regular staffing manager role. Although it takes a while to get there.
Pros
younger work environment
Cons
metrics driven
Excellent company to work with
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 29, 2016
I worked at Robert Half\Accountemps over the years. They have always been able to find excellent career opportunities. The staff is very easy to work for and work with. I recommend this company if you are looking for a temporary or permanent position.
Pros
Had various job opportunities offered
Cons
Don't receive any benefits, unless you work for them a long time
Robert Half Recommended
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2016
I have held three different temporary positions through Office Team/Robert Half. The recruiter I have worked with has been very proactive in looking for work for me. She is the only one I have worked with, so I can't say how the others are, but based on my experience, I would recommend registering with their agency.
Pros
Will work to find jobs for you.
Cons
Compensation for some positions isn't that great.
This place runs like it's being managed by teenaged girls.
Corporate Accounting (Former Employee) –  ILAugust 10, 2016
At one time it was a very nice place to work. Management is very manipulative and vindictive. Upper management runs the corporate office like a mom and pop business. If one member of management doesn't like you, you can believe your name will be mud throughout the company. No HR representation at all. No one to advocate for employees. You can work there for 20 years and have had the same schedule the entire time, but have a problem with management and your hours will be changed. No minority's at all in a management position. You're constantly told to think outside of the box, but when you do and it doesn't support their vision, trouble. You are never compensated annually for the work you've done, but rather where you are on the pay scale. Someone performing at a much lower capacity can receive a much higher raise than you, just by the fact that they were brought in at a lower pay scale. All employee perks were taken away during the recession and never given back. However, you will have quarterly meetings about how wonderful the company is doing and how they have virtually no debt. Raises suck, and there are NO employee incentives. They will sell you on work life balance, not true and no matter what they tell you- YOU CAN'T work from home.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
You're not judged by your performance, but are for who you go to lunch with.
Great place to work. Excellent benefits, good management.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 13, 2016
Great co-workers. Good work/life balance. Really good benefits. Management encourages professional development and is interested in seeing employees succeed.
Available Employment Option
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2016
Quick and available short-term employment option. Experience multiple employers and experience diverse accounting possibilities. Exposure to accounting practices and procedures from multiple entities dealing with internal controls and compliance.
Pros
Short-term commitments, experience with multiple organizations
Cons
Lack of benefits
Good Place to work
Staffing Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 6, 2016
Good staffing agency with solid opportunity for advancement. Management can be difficult to navigate at time.
If you come in and do you work it will give you the opportunity and ability to make very good compensation.
Decent Place to work
Financial Consultant/Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAOctober 8, 2016
Caters more to client than employee. Overall not a bad place to work. Job security is good, benefits, time off. Some assignments are long and can be grueling. Need better pay and reps need to consider locations are good for employees.
SPS program was responsive
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2016
Primarily orientated on software placement. Growing program with aggressive growth path. I was in weekly check-ins with my manager. They reached out to the site to solicit feedback
Pros
Responsive management Dedicated to placements Flexible with time off
Benefits
Consulting Frim
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2016
I work at a client and do what they require to get the job done. The agency is good but not very active in my day to day work life. I work well with the the client.
Pros
Good compensation and hours
Cons
Not permanent
Multiple opportunities,
College of American Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2016
I have worked with this company for a number of years. This is a place that has been finding position that suit my skills. I enjoy the work, even-though the compensation could be a bit more.
Pros
Multiple areas of work
Cons
Temporary position
Fine for Perfect employees, not for someone looking for work
Administrative Consultant Temporary work (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 10, 2016
I have been with Office Team for three years. Other then a fluke two year assignment that was supposed to last four months, The company have been unable to find employment for me. Any specific needs are ignored. For example if asked to give a worker a couple of days to check day care situation, assignment given to someone else. I also have never worked for the salary range I asked for when I started often working for three or more dollar less.
Pros
Sometimes has a day or two of work
Cons
not enough jobs to go around, not enough customers who are flexable.
Managers are amazing
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2016
My supervisors were awesome. The work is challenging so be prepared to work hard since you are dealing with clients that are typically short handed or transitioning to a new employee. But you will get a lot of support from your management and supervisors.
Pros
Benefits and the chance to learn
Cons
Clients don't always treat you appropriately
Good place to learn
Receptionist/ Staffing Support (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 28, 2016
I love working here, but when I moved up within the company they only gave me a 57cents raise and I was expecting at least a dollar as much money as they make....
Offers competitive jobs & great workforce
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 10, 2016
I had a great experience working at this company. I enjoyed the people and the hours. Also, the salary is competitive. I definitely enjoyed working at this company.
Contractor position:
Windows Migration Technician / Lead Builder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
They were able to give me a number of sites to work at on a consistent basis. None had the potential to go permanent but at the very least I was able to pay bills. even with their low ball offers for the different positions that were offered.
Pros
able to find multiple positions i was able to fit in well
Cons
Compensation was 30% less than people that worked on the same projects.
Fulfilling, challenging with a good management/staff culture
Regional Credit & Collection Manager (exempt) (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILFebruary 27, 2016
Responsible for providing the overall credit & collection management of a large portfolio of client accounts. Each day provided and opportunity to problem solve issues with clients, staff and management. Also provided opportunities to learn, teach, coach and provide assistance to various departments and staff. Management provided encouragement & support. Employees were encouraged to strive for their personal best. Challenged by metrics and time constraints but recognized for accomplishments as well as building relationships both internally and externally.
Pros
Education, mentoring and good work/life balance
Cons
Cost of benefits provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robert Half. Our community is ready to answer.