Robert Half Employee Reviews

Found 3,909 reviews matching the search
Fulfilling, challenging with a good management/staff culture
Regional Credit & Collection Manager (exempt) (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILFebruary 27, 2016
Responsible for providing the overall credit & collection management of a large portfolio of client accounts. Each day provided and opportunity to problem solve issues with clients, staff and management. Also provided opportunities to learn, teach, coach and provide assistance to various departments and staff. Management provided encouragement & support. Employees were encouraged to strive for their personal best. Challenged by metrics and time constraints but recognized for accomplishments as well as building relationships both internally and externally.
Pros
Education, mentoring and good work/life balance
Cons
Cost of benefits provided
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2016
From the outside looking in, Robert Half International is a respected company that provides a great service in staffing for companies finance and accounting, technology, financial analysis, creative, legal, and office management departments. However, when you are an employee you can see how the company truly operates. There is no actual strategy when it comes to the way of doing business, mostly in sales. It is simply a numbers game with the thought process that if you come in at 7:30am, blast out 100 calls, and leave at 6:00pm, you should be able to generate new business. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for innovation. Unfortunately, I have been with the company for a month and haven't come to enjoy one aspect of my position.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time. Benefits are very good. The company promotes from within, however, you actually have to enjoy the culture to stick around and benefit from this.
Cons
Expected to eat lunch at your desk. Unrealistic expectations without any strategy.
Great for entry level or parent reentering workforce
Educational Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 25, 2016
I was a housewife for many years and unsure of skills and not sure about my career path. This is a good place to explore career options. Be prepared for just slightly over minimum wage offered. I was offered full time positions after working at two different companies, so it is a great way to get your foot in the door - again, you will be expected to start at a lower salary range since you can't request a big raise from a temp status position. I was able to work part-time while the kids were in school, so flexible hours are possible for contract/part-time positions. Best part was knowing that I could move on to something else. Minimal healthcare at a cost through Robt.Half and no other benefits for contract/temp jobs. Better situation if you are married and covered by spouse or national healthcare plan or a new grad who might be still covered by parent.
Pros
Fairly low pressure, variety of jobs to try out
Cons
No benefits and low pay
General
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2016
Well I have worked in customer service for about 15 years now and I've had a lot of experience with handling phones,filing,data entry and doing various office duties. Once trained I can learn pretty quick and pick up on things fast. I am a bubbley girl who is easy to get along with and always has a smile on my face.I take pride in my work and it shows. I like to get all my assignments done in a timely manner and also if my fellow co- workers need help I'm there to help. I take my jobs seriously so being on time is very important.
Pros
learning new things
benefits
productive place to work but not the most friendliest place
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed what I did. I am very hardworking, easy to get along with and dedicated to doing my job to its full potential. Management wasn't the friendliest, did not micromanage but lacked communication skills.
Pros
the assignments/tasks given are easy, great city locations, compensation could be better
Cons
poor communication with employees
Fun workplace, no specific hire in date & low pay.
Indexer (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 2, 2016
The job itself is pretty easy, I do records indexing for a small company in my city and the people are very friendly, the work is easy but the only thing that I dislike is the fact that you don't know when you're gonna get hired in. Most temp jobs do a 2 month hire in or a year and at this job, there's been people working there for 3 years through the temp service & then there's no chance for a pay raise. I work and go to school, which I have to pay out of pocket for and the money that I make here isn't making ends meet. I spoke with the recruiter about switching positions and he told me he'd follow up with me in January. They're always posting new job openings on their site that pay more but I'm still waiting to get placed somewhere new.....
Pros
Flexible hours, cheap vending
Cons
No specific hire in date, low pay
The Perfect Job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 5, 2016
Friendly atmosphere, management was great and the compensation was way more than what was expected. the only downfall is they closed down the office where I worked and was able to relocate but wasn't my ideal place.
Pros
well balance, personal life and work
Cons
relocation
Great Company
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed my assignment through the agency. Unfortunately,assignment ended with hardly any notice and it was hard to get another assignment.
Pros
Flexibilty, Opportunity to learn new things, okay pay
Cons
No benefits, slow to find another assignment
Great co workers, used to be a great place to work
CREDIT ANALYST & CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work with great co workers. Fridays employees can shop the in house wine store at huge discounts. Wine comes from all over the world
Pros
Great medical, dental & vision benefits
Cons
Management should let people do their jobs.
The people and culture kept me at Robert Half
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2016
From the beginning of the interview process with RH I should've noticed the red flags. District and Branch managers pull out all the stops to hire you and then wait months until they train and invest in you as an employee. They call this the "sink or swim" period, but if you have no experience in staffing they end up wasting the company's time as well as your own. My experience with management wasn't great. I felt like I couldn't go to my bosses and ask for help and I couldn't trust them based on how I saw them treat my other colleagues. Management engages with gossip on a regular basis. They fire people pretty often and it is a very competitive environment. Lots of office politics that will take up the majority of your time, even after you leave the office.
Pros
Fun office environment
Cons
Poor management, lack of work/life balance
good company
AML Review Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2016
good company to work for, good benefits, great opportunity for promotions, over all it was a great experience. I would recommend them to all of my fellow co workers.
Agro-Dynamics for Robert Half
Agro Dynamics - House Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 13, 2015
• House sales manager; opened new accounts, and worked directly with existing and new customers, generating telephone orders and maintaining overall customer satisfaction.
• Coordinated full container loads of merchandise shipping from Denmark to various ports in the USA, through delivery to customer.
• Teamed with warehouse manager to effectively increase freight margins, while reducing overall costs to customers.
Pros
Required to take an hour for lunch
Cons
No benefits, no job security
Best agency to work for,
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803April 1, 2016
Solid company to grow with. Work environment is team oriented and supportive. They offer lot of cash incentives and other benefits such as paid sick time and holidays.
Pros
Keep you busy
Cons
Place you as fast as they can
Good Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Good company with good benefits! No complaints so far about the company. Would recommend others to work here. Great work environment and good moral!
clean work place
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 1, 2016
Enjoyable place to work, great training, excellent co-workers, nice work environment, able to wear blue jeans on a daily basis. Friendly boss.
Pros
part time with no benefits
Cons
no health care offered
Easy going staff and great team members.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Great Company if you are in school in between jobs or job searching and permanent stability. I've learned a lot about the company as a whole and they have assigned me in multi job placement opportunities and have gained knowledge on new area's for future growth. I enjoy the on going experience that I continually to grasp from each employer.
Pros
Half in hour luch or an hour
Cons
Health Benefits
for this to be an temp service they offer great jobs
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN poplarJanuary 29, 2016
awesome company to work for. they have great jobs with great pay ranging from 13-15 dollars hourly. the stuff is very friendly and professional. the only thing that i didn't like is that you have to work 1200 to 1700 hours to obtain pto and paid holidays
Pros
pay and jobs
benefits
placement with different companies
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman EstesFebruary 3, 2016
Robert Half was good at finding placements that fit your experiences. They were always available to discuss concerns The only concerns you have is there is no benefits that comes with the position
Pros
find places for work
Cons
no benefits
Robert Half- Great Staff
customer service (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I have been working with Robert Half for a few months now and my experience has been awesome. Great benefits. HR pays attention to your needs. They hear your personal career goals and encourage you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
I do not have any bad things to say about the company
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2016
Robert Half is a pleasant place to work. Great employees. I have learned a lot of flexibility working with them, however, I would rather work for a company that provides better benefits.