Robert Half
2,100 reviews

Robert Half Employer Reviews

terrible temp agency
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
These recruiters only call you back if they like you and will just keep sending you to voicemail if they dont like you. A bunch of little girls trying to sound professional.
N/A
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I really can't remember much about this other then I was commuting 2 to 21/2 hour to work and them back home. My own dogs forgot who I was....:-) Bad choice on my part with location.
A place to work
Sports Connection Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2014
A typical day is answering calls, solving computer and mobile phone related problems.
Great people, relaxed work environment
Office clerk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: learning about the property management company
Cons: no benefits, low pay
Learning data entry, work orders, answer phones, assist with any projects being done.
Very fast paced to work
Generalist for Dako (Former Employee), Carpinteria CAJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice health care
Cons: people was overworked
I was working as a temp so I helped the recruiter lady sort resumes, make appointments, create new orientation agendas as well as new hire folders. For the benefits generalist, I helped enter information on the system for new hires, termination or changes, review statements to make sure that new and old employees were corrected, Approve all invoices – more... and take them to Accounting for payment.
Help enter new employees in the system as well as terminate them.
Help with open enrollment and gave the presentation on Spanish.
Update and organize all the workers comp files.
My coworkers were too busy and there was hardly any time to talk.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I did a little bit of everything and gave me the opportunity to really learn about how the HR department really interact with other departments. Also that once a week all the HR department was taken to lunch by the HR manger.
The hardest part of the job was trying to please all the ladies that worked in the HR department, since everyone has different priorities.
What I learned from the HR manager is that I have to stand by myself as well as to stand by myself and do not be afraid to ask. – less
Applied computer application such as excel, word, powerpoint, access, adobe and outlook.
Document Management Processor (Current Employee), 13181 Crossroads Pkwy #110, City of Industry, CaJune 24, 2014
Pros: good customer service, friendly people, good environment and enjoyed my team.
Cons: strict time limit, many meetings, alternative tasks at once.
In my position at Beverly hospital I was a document management processor. I would revise documents and ensure that all of the revisions were up to date. I would participate in confidential meetings that applied to the hospital regulations. I would also be doing customer service and ensure that the various departments were able to also make revisions – more... that they felt were necessary. I worked with my team in making sure that all of the material was met by the deadline and was professionally documented. – less
Extremely poor communication from local offices
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2014
Did some assignments for Accountemps years ago and was very happy with the company. Got some exposure to a couple of different industries. Earlier this year went back to Accountemps after leaving a company due to poor management where I was a staff accountant/property controller anticipating the same experience as in the past (quickly receiving an assignment – more... or calls regarding possible assignments/positions). Since January, I have only received ONE call regarding a possible assignment yet there are numerous jobs showing on the website that I am qualified for. Can't seem to get anyone from the office to contact me regarding the positions even after I let them know I am available and interested in the assignment. – less
Overall has potential, to much turnover in management
Salaried Professional (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: exposure to different industries
Cons: management turnover and not proactive to find your next assigment
The program works well if properly managed. My experience was both good and bad. Good in the sense that I received exposure to other industries, bad in the sense that it was not properly managed and as upper management had to much turnover and not a stable manager on hand.
Intern at Corporate Headquarters
Project Coordinator / Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly work environment, smaller teams
Cons: all meetings face-to-face, environment could be overly formal
I was here for six months as a Business Analyst intern. I can't really complain, it started my career in IT and the team that I worked with was friendly for the most part.
Helpful and thorough
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2014
Very helpful, available and courteous. I've been fortunate to have been placed in assignment with a supportive, patient staff
Excellent Company to work for very focus on work productivity
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2014
Pros: staff was great to work for
Cons: needed to be exceptable to personal matters
I enjoy working there. The company was focus on time management of the assignment. Must be on time and proficient with work
Lack of long term assignments
Office Support Staff (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYJune 21, 2014
Various duties depending on work assignment. Staff use you as more of a tool than an employee.
Recruiter
Strategic Accounts Recruiter (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 19, 2014
Pros: getting people jobs
A typical day at work would be to fill a requisition that is sent by Fortune 500 clients nationwide. I do a people search on MicroJ, a system that Robert Half uses to store candidate information. When I find suitable candidates that fit the clients requirements, I give me a call. When I connect with the candidate, I ask them if they have FaceTime or – more... Skype capabilities. This is very crucial as I staff nationwide and cannot interview the candidate in person. We use Skype and FaceTime to do a virtual interview and match a face to a name. It helps build a stronger relationship with the candidate. Once I screen the candidate and go through their background and they are still interested in the position, I submit them for that particular requisition. If the client is interested in interviewing the candidate, we are sent an interview request and I set up an interview date and time. I then prep the candidate prior to their interview and give them tips. Once the interview is complete, if the client extends an offer and the candidate accepts. I start the pre-placement process which typically includes submitting the candidate for a background check and drug screen. Additionally, I make sure they are compliant in the system. To be compliant, all of the candidates I-9 paperwork should have been completed in the last 6 months and that their references are completed. If the candidate is not compliant, I call the branch that is closest to them and set up an appointment for them to go do their paperwork. Once this process is complete and the candidate starts their assignment, I follow up with them to see how their assignment is going.

The hardest part about the job is sourcing for candidates in smaller cities. It is very challenging to fill requisitions where the candidate pool is small but that is what makes this job more exciting. – less
Great company that gets you working
Contract Accountant (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: many apportunities
Had Several assignments and thy kept me working with there many contacts and helpful staff.
Productive and fun place to work.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 19, 2014
Pros: compensated for travel when going to clients site.
Cons: some contract did not pay well.
I worked on various project for this company and it was very helpful to learn different sides of the IT side.
Not good with communication.
Accounts Payable/Payroll/HR Generalist (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2014
Worked because I had to pay my rent.
Don't know what else to say, it sucked to work for them, but I had to pay my bills and this was all I could find at the time.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDJune 19, 2014
Pros: very motivating and determined professionals
Cons: assignments are not permanent that i am placed on
I enjoy working with Robert Half although, it is a temp agency it allows me to gain experience to add to my current skills. The hardest part of the job for me is getting used to being employed and not having the permanent placement.
Respected organization with great connections
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2014
I worked for the Accountemps division of RHI. During my time with the company, I was placed in some of the top rated firms in the area. Great experience!
RHI, Inc. / Accountemps
Commercial Collector (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: paychecks
Cons: not enough assignments
The corporate office personnel in California are kinder than the local RHI, Inc. employees. I am a seasoned commercial collector having been employed by a Fortune 500 company over 14 years. Why was it such a challenge to connect me to another commercial collection position?
pay is low
Contract Legal Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 17, 2014
Not consistent in job referrals, not accurate in direction and location which cause employee to be delay.

About Robert Half

Robert Half International carries¬†the full load of personnel services. The company places temporary and permanent staff through¬†eight – Read more

Robert Half Photos