Robert Morris University Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Recruitment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2017
Enjoyed contacting students and recruit. Made sure they got trained in a timely manner. Worked closely with Supervisor to make list of people to be recruited
Pros
Free classes
Cons
No healthcare
Healthy work environment
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60605November 10, 2017
I enjoy working for the school because it provides me with a paycheck, better relationship with the professors, and a way to better any skills that I need to work on. The professors there are super flexible and understanding and just want success
Pros
Work Study
Cons
Can't work from home
Working at RMU
Colonial Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Moon, PANovember 8, 2017
It is a fun experience that I think everyone should try at least once. I work with amazing people and they really push me to be better and are with me every step of my academic career.
Decent but poor management
Asst Supervisor of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Moon TownshipOctober 4, 2017
Managers played favorites and would pick and choose who got the best chances for advancement no matter the actual quality of work. The work was good would sometimes have to work extra long shifts depending on what was happening on campus.
Robert Morrise University
Teacher’s Assistant-Study Skills (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAOctober 3, 2017
I worked as a Teacher’s Assistant-Study Skills it was unpaid.
I worked as a Engineering Graphics Tutor it was unpaid as well
I requested to not get paid, my intention was to gain the experience. Both were part time 20 hours a week companied .
Good work environment
Adjunct Instructor, Social Media Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2017
Good work environment, friendly staff, helpful managers, students are engaged and excited to learn, flexible hours, creative ideas behind classes, interesting work
Great working with Students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 31, 2017
Answered phones, ordered text books, assisted with setting up meetings and events. Stamped parking tickets for students and vendors. Assisted with the organization of all Professors with text and material.
Pros
Easy going, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Work Study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 29, 2017
I worked in the Admissions office while I went to school and I loved it! It was such a great environment and I learned so much about different people while I was there. This was the beginning to my customer service career!
Work at RUM
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 26, 2017
The director there is great to work for. She knows how to handle people and does everything give you the classes at the times you need. RMU in general is a great place as will.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Pay is deficient
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Neville Island, PAAugust 21, 2017
It's a fun and beinficial place to work. The management is great and you get a lot of experience performing different tasks. Everyday is different and we are required to adapt to any short comings
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 15, 2017
Primary responsibilities included; performing clerical duties such as faxing, mail distribution and filing. Also, answering telephone calls, directing visitors and creating spreadsheets.
Easy
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAAugust 3, 2017
it was a pretty easy job. was a little tough to balance school with all the extra things that RA's had to do. overall i guess it was worth it and would recommend. they choose favorites
Interesting Work Place
Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2017
A student centered work place. This educational institution caters to students from a variety of backgrounds. The focus is the student and completing their education in a cohort manner.
Pros
Working with students.
Cons
No tenure, or long-term contracts.
Quiet and very calm in the summer months
Planning and Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Moon Township, PAJuly 12, 2017
Summer time on a college campus is extremely quiet and a great time to utilize much needed days off! There are no shortages of parking spaces and everyone operates at a slower pace. It is a time to recharge and get ready to welcome students back on campus. One drawback is that the food cafeterias shut down except for a sandwich and soup type of choice and the hours are limited. But really, that's not a horrible drawback!
Pros
More Parking Availability
Cons
Less Food Choices
Work Environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61602July 3, 2017
Enjoy working with the faculty and students at RMU.The Campus is centrally located in downtown Peoria and the staff is helpful and friendly. I am currently teaching as an adjunct professor.
Good Benefits
Head Track & Field/ Cross Country Coach (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2017
RMU has great benefits that employees should take advantage of.

It is still a business and loyalty only goes one direction.

There are many different positions to choose from on campus.
Employed at RMU for almost 20 years. Always an interesting and challenging position. I had excellent supervisors throughout my time there.
Senior Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Assisted a diverse population of students with job search while currently enrolled, internships for currently enrolled students in all majors, alumni with their career search.

Faculty was also a diverse group of individuals; always interesting.
Pros
An excellent, always-learning experience for me.
Cons
Great institution to work for
Institutional Director of Return Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Room for advancement, training, support and guidance provided. Great structure and great resources to assist you with being successful in your role. Team environment.
nice
CMA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2017
I liked working there because of the chemistry and the growth potential as well at this location. The people were great to get along with and I loved working with others as well.
Pros
work
Cons
end
Diversity in the Workplace is a major plus!
Assistant Chef Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2017
As an instructor, you have many responsibilities and deadlines to reach but the thrill of teaching at such a diversified collegiate setting in a beautiful city was the highlight of my career! Our campus is filled with not only unique people, but also exceptional and unique degrees.