Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Employer Reviews

Engaging and challenging job title.
Emergency Department Nursing Technician (Current Employee), Trenton, NJJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: extensive health care benefits
Cons: long shifts and holiday work takes time away from family functions.
A typical day at Robert Wood Johnson Hamilton Hospital, in the Emergency Department is a full work load that has finely tuned my skill set over the past 5+ years. I learned how to provide exceptional care to patients in critical settings, while working along side skilled nurses to assist them through their shift. Able to meet all of management goals and criteria, and assist in any financial saving measures. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients pass away that we; as a team, work so hard to save. It is a hard thing to see, but I enjoy the Emergency Department so much, because of the so many lives I impact during each and every shift. Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton is a hospital that is dedicated to serving its community and employing highly skilled professionals such as myself.
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is a great facility to work for. I have learned so much working in their finance department under my Director. It's a high pace facility, where you must be able to multitask.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 1, 2014
Robert Wood Johnson is a great place to work I just recently moved to North jersey that why I am plaining to relocate to a newy job
Social work is appreciated and well utilized by management
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 30, 2014
Pros: well qualified staff
Excellent work atmosphere. Highly qualified professional staff. Excellent benefits package. Supportive staff.
ok
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 29, 2014
Pros: great with school schedules
Cons: no raises
not bad but could find a better place to work
the co workers are excellent and very friendly
most enjoyable part of the day is wen everything slow down and you can finally breathe
Fast paced
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 20, 2014
trauma hospital , so everything was moving ery very fast. the experience was great because you always was learning something new. the staff was together because everybody had to be on the same page for the emergency to go as planned
RWJ University Hospital Foundation Is A Horrible Place To Work
Foundation Director (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great clinical staff
Cons: mismanagement, chaotic work environment, unstable, stressful
For your own sake, do not apply for any of the Foundation positions at RWJ. The turnover is staggering, you are not valued and the CEO is a joke.

They constantly have jobs posted on Indeed and other sites. That should be a great indicator of job instability and employee dissatisfaction.
See above
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: nursing staff
Cons: clinical management
Staff nurses in the Level II Special Care Unit were supportive and enjoyable to work with.
Good for employees with families
CLINICAL CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), 2coreNovember 6, 2014
i didnt have a family but i know people who did and they were flexible
Productive work environment with struct saftey and quality guidelines
Patient Monitor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 29, 2014
I learned to manage my time and learn from experience how to deal with patients that are having hallucinations or withdrawal symptoms. I love my team because I knew they would have my back if something was wrong.
Productive work environment with struct saftey and quality guidelines
Patient Monitor (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 29, 2014
An exiting place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 26, 2014
Pros: hospital experience
Cons: hours
It is a very exiting place to work. Yet, management has favorites and some nurse managers are racists. It is hard to advance,
Overall decent place to work
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee), New BrunswickOctober 25, 2014
I have learned a great deal and have had the opportunity with wonderful professionals. I have completed my education and was declined advancement, so I must move on now. I will miss my co-workers and working in an overall good environment.
academic environment
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 16, 2014
working with fellows and dedicated imaging team is a strong plus
Fast pace environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 10, 2014
Pros: pros: the ability to assisted patients and family members on as need basis
Cons: cons: lack of hours
Meet and greet patients and family members. Direct calls to appropriate staff members.

I learned to maintain myself in a respectable manner no matter how the patient or visitor perceive to conduct business.

The management was great and co-workers enjoyed having me as part of the team.

The hardest part of the job was observing patients suffer from medical conditions.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together as a team player.
Great work environment
Unit Secretary- Emergency Department (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJSeptember 11, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed myself while working at RWJ Hamilton.
Certified Respiratory Technician (Former Employee), 1 JWR Place new Brunswick NJ 08901August 21, 2014
A diverse teaching hospital , from which I got my mentoring in respiratory care initially I rotated on the floors and the ER, And I did a lot of pre-op teaches.I worked there for 2 years and then went to work for Lourdes Medical Center because it was a much shorter commute.
see previous
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), hamilton njAugust 21, 2014
worked for 16 years at rwj
information desk
medical staff office and then
the clinic which i loved...
Nice place to work
Communications Clerk- Call Center (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: distance
The flexibility the position offered was very important. The management staff are very understanding and willing to assist the employee in any way possible.
Prouctive work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: employee discount in cafeteria
Cons: must pay for deck parking
Work day consisted of checking patient IVs in the morning and then replacing and delivering missing medications throughout the day. This consists of prepackaged tablets and capsules, preparing enemas, topical solutions, and intravenous solutions, and compounding syrups, suspensions, and mouthwashes. Pyxis MedStation systems are also used on a daily basis. Upon my leaving, the pharmacy was implementing an automated pharmacy carousel system.

Most of the coworkers are kind and courteous and are willing to help you if your work gets backed up. Hardest part of the job would be figuring out the maze like structure of the hospital, once you learn the short cuts to the units it will help shave off a lot of time which can be used for productive work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) is the flagship facility of the Robert Wood Johnson Health System and Network. – Read more

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Photos