Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Highly diverse company and great place to learn about different cultures.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 16, 2016
A typical work day is coming in by 6am, go straight to briefing to get a report of the night before. I first learn who I can trust to have my back when dealing with a combative patient/visitor. Management here is all about politics and micro-managing. Majority of the co-workers I work with are the reason I like coming to work. The hardest part of the job would be working in the psychiatric unit when there's up to 10 patients and only one officer to watch over the entire unit and protect all staff and other patients. The most enjoyable part would be clocking out and going home.
Pros
Meeting and learning about different cultures, and co-workers.
Cons
Micro-managing, not enough pay, and feeling under appreciated.
Culture of kindness. Don't exist. Looks good on paper
Medical Communicator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 18, 2016
The hospital itself is a great place. The EMS Dept is a different story. It's a breeding ground for racism, cronyism and favoritism. It's a little boys club with a secret shake hand. Communications is even worse. So if you get hired there and they don't like you. Don't expect a very good employment there. The management can care less. You don't exist. The culture is keep your mouth shut. Apply at your own risk
Pros
EMS education
Cons
Horrible management.
All things go downhill
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 15, 2016
Management only cares about the scores, not the employees.

You will build a friendship with the fellow employees as they are the only support you have while working. Management isn't visible, except when higher ups come around.
Cons
Management does care about the employee.
I dont recommend
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 19, 2016
The Job Is Disgusting One Of The Lowest Paying Jobs At The Hospital, We Get Blamed For Everything That Goes Wrong Get paid 9-10 Dollars Which is NOT Enough For The Amount Of Work We Do & The Morning Shift Manager Is VERY Unprofessional & Nasty To The Workers
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Pay
Growing facility with awesome employees.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJAugust 17, 2016
If seeking a career in nursing this is a great place to work with a mass amount of opportunity for growth. Some units better than other and like any other job there are pros and cons. Its easy work once you learn the hospital and you unit.
great place to work
Clinical Care Technician 3, Maternity (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 25, 2016
I have worked for Somerset medical center for the past 6 years and have been very happy there , unfortunately since RWJ took over my hours have been cut and i need to look for full time work.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
cutting hours
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 29, 2016
pediatrics is a great floor to work at; typically 4-5 patients of mod acuity; supportive staff good teamwork; benefits are great and case loads are manageable even with cranky patients and families at times; cons 12hr shifts and rotating holidays and weekends required
A day at work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work would be about 10-15 Call in a 12 hour shift. My coworkers were great to work with, and the hardest part of my job sometimes were just the shift times
Pros
Free uniforms
Clinical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 26, 2016
Your days can be very busy, but you learn a lot working for this institution. You will always be able to advance in your position. And tuition reimbursement is a plus.
Productive, and friendly environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 14, 2016
Love working with my co workers, helps is always available, teamwork is the key, Managers are readily available, possibility for growth and career improvement.
No comment
Charge/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 7, 2016
No comment but thank you for asking. I really cannot comment on my time or experience with this company at this time. They are in interesting place to work for to say the least.
Clean Place
Support Service (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 23, 2016
Very busy at all times but great environment. It was clean smoke free zone great overtime hours and the staff was great. The management always asked were you okay and you get recognized for your good deeds
Good job for anyone looking to get experience in a hospital setting
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 20, 2016
In order to do my job correctly, I needed to learn certain medical tools and vocabulary. It's a good job to get your foot in the door at a hospital. I also learned customer service in having to work with patients and their families.
Highly enjoyable atmosphere with large opportunity to advance
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day includes beginning with vital signs. Proceeding with general care for patients including hygiene, comfort and sometimes just conversation. Working night shift blood work for all patients was taken every morning around 6am. Occasionaly having to assist in patient codes or procedures. Prepping for surgery or and other procedures for following day. I would not choose any other co-workers to be accompanied by, i thoroughly enjoyed being surrounded by the staff. They were some of the best people i have met and will always stay in touch. The hardest part of the job was when patient outcomes did not result in positive measures. Seeing a life end will never get easier and telling the patients family will also never get easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the building knowing that I personally and genuinely changed someones life. I made a difference and I was an important part of a team.
a great work place.
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 1, 2015
Overal a great place to work , learn and observe. RWJ is so diverse and everyone works as a team for the most apart. No work place is perfect of course there are some cons such as some people not working as hard as others but nothing is perfect. over all rwj is a blessing you can move to different departments, it can open many doors such as paying for your school.
good people, best equipment, excellence
Critical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, New JerseyOctober 8, 2015
Robert Wood Johnson Hospital was the first Hospital I worked in and it was an exciting time. I just received an Honorable Discharge from the Navy and was looking for work and was hired. The training was rough but they made sure that you were prepared as you came in contact with the patients. The facility had the best equipment and made sure that the staff was always up to date in skills and training.
Pros
Cons
some of the staff was not team players
Nice Working Environment
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 29, 2016
This company has the best employees and the best working environment. Should offer full time or part time opportunities to their per diem employees who deserve it
Administrative challenges, excellent work among nursing staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 25, 2015
Good corporation among staff members, and some support from administration. The ancillary departments work well with the nursing staff. Good communication among physicians and nurses.
good
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 29, 2016
It is an ok place to work. The patients are great, the atmosphere is fine.Learned alot. You must have patient to work in a place like this. And be sympathetic.
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Great teaching hospital with career growing opportunity, Diverse staff, supportive management. Education support, yet some outdated equipment.

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Reviews by Job Title