Robertson's Ready Mix Employee Reviews

Fast paced and plenty of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CAOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work, as a heavy equipment operator you will operate anything from 777s, loaders, skidsteers, water trucks, dozers...etc. Plenty of room for advancement here. Or a great place to get your foot in the door. Just keep in mind you will work 70+ hours a week which is awesome for some but bad for others. (lots of time away from home)
Pros
Great enviornment, good place to start a career
Cons
When they say overtime they mean it. 70++ hours no down time
great place but hard work 10+ hrs a day
Heavy equipment mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CASeptember 28, 2016
great job a lot of work never less than 50hrs a week good pay starting great co-workers good management supplies are always stocked tool are provided to an extent
Pros
free barbeques on fridays
Cons
to many hours
Great company
Transport driver (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJuly 3, 2016
Robertsons is a great company to work for. There is alot of over time and alot of hours.working monday-sat,12 hour shifts. Im currently present working under robertsons, great people and hard working truck drivers. Yes its labor intensive but it pays the bills, and feeds my family. I love my job and planning on being here till i retire.
Exciting and fun, always something new to be learned.
Cement Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 1, 2015
This is one of the most fun and outgoing jobs. Dangerous, but never the less exciting. A job to take very serious for your safety and the safety of others. Always took in consideration the safety of other drivers in the streets and freeways. As a professional driver you must be cautious and show respect for others, no matter their attitude or their driving rage. You must be in full control of your own actions.
Pros
Good salary, benefits and flexible saturdays.
Cons
Too many hours away from family.
productive work atmosphere
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 25, 2015
Plenty of hours to be worked. Hard working employees with a positive working enviorment. Pretty good company with good benefits and various relocation possibilities.
terrible company to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  paramount, caAugust 23, 2015
low pay compare to others in industry , equipment in bad shape , no preventive maintenance , no job security , high rate of labor turn over
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad HR dept
Started in HR calculating hours for payroll and was transferred to Preliminary Clerk
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 31, 2015
I originally was hired to work in HR calculating hours for payroll. I was there for 4 months and they moved me to the Preliminary Clerk. I worked with account managers regarding companies that had deliveries of our concrete to their subcontractors or job sites, if they didn't pay I had to file preliminary info on the homes or job sites to get paid for our material.
terrible place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator/Pit foreman (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 21, 2015
They pay ok and give good hours but it is a terrible place to work. There is no job security and hr is a joke. Management is unfair
Former New Hire Who Was Mislead By HR Department.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyDecember 26, 2014
I was trained by Robertson's in June 2014 and finally licensed after months of ongoing phone calls to the DMV and HR Department. The little trick with them is they drag their feet in getting you licensed because of the high turn over rate of drivers.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Mislead by HR Dept. about Hours and OT
well
Cement Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 23, 2014
Even though the "job security" is there in the aspect of the company has been around for 30 plus years they still don't have it together they work you like there's no tomorrow for 6 days the only way to get the 6 day off is to be there for 15 years. Your only considered to be a seat filler; you get no sick days doctor excuse is nothing so don't have a family or a life unless it's Robertson's
Pros
Overtime (even if you don't want it lol}
Cons
no life or lunches
A workplace with lots of potential
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 23, 2014
There is a lot that Robertson's does well and there is so much more it can be doing better. I've never had any problems with anyone personally so I can't complain about that. Management overall is friendly, competent but also lacking.

I feel this company can be doing so much more but the workforce is growing old.
Pros
Free cake each month, 1 hour lunches, occasionally free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Low Compensation, no paid sick days
productive
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 29, 2013
tjis is a good place to work at to get some first time experince on heavy equpiment
Large Company in Southern California
Call Center/Dispatcher/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 15, 2013
Steady work throughout the average day depending on weather.
I learned alot about the many needs for concrete and the many types and strenghths of concrete and other materials such as Aggregates and Base as well as different types of sands used in various types of building structures, freeways, landscapes, and/or for backfilling.
Big aggregate and ready mix concrete company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lucerne Valley, CAJanuary 26, 2013
good company to work for with $1.00 raises every year
fun place to work loved the night shift really got alot of good seat time at robertsons
Okay if it's your first "trucking" job!
Ready Mix Cement Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Day Street, Moreno valley (Riverside), CAMarch 12, 2012
Was a great company. Not sure what happend. No more Company events (we paid for it), no more incentives, safety awards, etc. Hours cut, people got mean. It is a good place to start with a new licence but don't get stuck. Get in and Get out.
Pros
good start up job.
Cons
pay sucks, seasonal, bad management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robertson's Ready Mix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8