Robins & Morton

Robins & Morton Employee Reviews

Area working in is the best thing
Civil Superintendent (Current Employee), Mulberry, FLAugust 7, 2015
Pros: How to talk to people
Cons: Robins & Morton don't have break time only lunch
Company need to improve on there people skill.
Budget is too tight for what they want done need to have a good budget for power plants
new construction company
Mechanical Superintendent (Current Employee), Morilton arkansasJuly 31, 2015
This is a good company they just don't have the jobs available to keep the management busy. they are new and have a few kinks to work out but should be a great company to work for
Great people and learned skill set
Payroll Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
I worked with this company in a temp position and was in charge of cataloguing payroll. My bosses were all so helpful and I felt very much a part of the team even though I was temporary.
Day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2015
A typical day at work is not quite typical if you ask me. It always begins by one of the various craft superintendents needing me to write a requisition for them to order miscellaneous tools or consumables. After I finish ordering the third Metabo drill of the month, I begin to approve invoices and call vendors when I stumble upon a discrepancy....
Good company to work for.
Jobsite Assistant (Former Employee), The Villages, FLMay 20, 2015
Construction large projects like hospitals. Good benefits, organized and fair. Adequate training for new employees. Very busy work. Everyone has their job to do and rely that everyone will do their job well.
it was such great place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee), Millen, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Cons: short breaks
great job to work at and I could not have a better job they also trained you as you went along like if you was willing to learn they was willinfg to teach
Great company to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee), Millen, GAJune 12, 2014
Had a great experience working in Millen Ga. Would love to work for them again
A tough job
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Millen, GAJune 4, 2014
Pros: i was working close to home.
Cons: no breaks except lunch
I'm not trying to be mean but this was a tough job. The peope were cool enough but the only break was lunch and when you work a 12 hour day in the high temps, it was killer. You could grab a quick drink or snack but eating was not allowed on the structure. You couldn't go to the break tent, so it was kind of tough. Quitting time and lunch was a horn warning so it wasn't necessary to wear a watch. Quit time was 20 past the hour and it was expected that you clean up as well as get your personal and company tools put away in very little time. My forman and co-workers were great. They were the reason to smile and the reason I would return for the next phase if called. Everyone tried to help each other and that made your day a bit more brighter.
Overall a good company to work for
Flux Core/Stick Welder (Former Employee), Meridian MsMay 28, 2014
Good company to work for. Good staff and management. Company Provides a safe environment for their workers
Very Decent Company to Work For.
Laborer (Former Employee), Augusta, MEFebruary 22, 2014
I enjoyed my overall experience with Robins and Morton, and it was a good job for somebody like me. (Young, single, few obligations) The management was quite good, they were always fair, decent, and gentlemanly. Work got done no matter the conditions. I left because they hired a girl to manage the crew I was on that had no CLUE what she was doing. She was pretty bad at her job and she hated me, but it wasn't a big deal until I just left to work elsewhere.
Excellent company
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Charleston, TN.February 10, 2014
Pros: free studies for certification
typical day at work: 10 hours
learned about chlorine process
management very competent
excellent co workers
Constant flow of projects started and completed successfully in teamwork fashion.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Newell, WVFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: very good teamwork with help through the management, management was considerate towards workers, good communications with understanding the projects to be done.
Cons: some workers were judgmental and a little difficult to work with.
Very good people to work with. Management was balanced and a pleasure to work with. A large company-wide safety meeting with routine exercises started each day. Hardest part of work was walking down the pipe lines to be tested to isolate them following the P&IDs layouts of the test. Most enjoyable part of the job was to get it done and enjoy the company and friendships of the workers. I always tried to stay focus on the job, though the interactions with fellow workers is nice. I hated to keep turning everyones attention back to our job and away from talk and fun, but felt it very necessary. The feeling of accomplishment pleased my heart. Safety was a part of the management's respectful relationship with its workers (safety was lived and well lived) A fine company to work with.
I was a field secretary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TxSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits and hours
Cons: after the construction job was complete i was laid off
Retyped Change Orders
Kept up with employees hours and attendance
Learned about construction business this was very rewarding
Very good co-workers all very pleasant to work with
Hardest part was learning about the change orders and how important they were legally so every word had to be accurate and precise. After I learned the procedure of doing the Change Orders it was very enjoyable and very interesting
Great company to be a part of.
Construction Supervisor of laborers (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Start my day in the office at 6:30 am then went out to the building site of a 12 story hospital. Talked to my workers and placed them on the different floors that work needed to be done. Construction clean up. Keep the workers busy and worked along side of them showing them what was to be expected out of our work day. Carrying up to 100 pounds of pipe, garbage, concrete to dumpsters and keeping the floors clean of the subcontractors mesh. Walking up12 flights of stairs 30 times a day was great exercise. Working as a team and getting tied off with a harness walking the ledge cleaning the edges of the building, guiding the loll into bring in materials and running the front loader to pick up debris was some of the fun parts of the job. The 58 hours a week steady with overtime was definitely a great plus.
Unsafe, dosent listen to honest people with the right answers, isnt honest.
Ironworker- college educated (Former Employee), Newell West virginiaApril 16, 2013
Pros: money, day shift crew
Cons: night shift, dishonstely, lack of professionalism
Had two women harass me daily who were working in tool crib, couldn't get a tool without an issues. Reported to management on numerous occasions, so it wouldn’t continue on night shift. Had to go to project manager, come to find out it was project managers wife. Still continued because they didn’t do anything about it.

Day shift was okay, when I went to nights, issues didn't stop.

Was on fire watch, had a welder welding on a nitrogen tank without fire blankets. Nobody seemed to care. The attitude from most was you actually noticed.

Had me torching galvanized metal without mask, about 3 hours worth. Brought in mask next day, couldn’t wear it, told me to drop mask issue or go home.

Had this foremen, who consistently said he requested me for third shift, just not the kind guy you want to work for. He tries to write me up for not being tied off on a ladder; he was on the ladder across from me not tied off.

Simple communication and honestly not there, don’t listen to people who honestly know what they are talking about.

I am being lite, I did everything I was asked and more, I was a stealer co-worker and truly did the right things. They let employees harasses me, a foreman fire me for not being tied off on a ladder. That same foreman stood on the ladder across from me not tied off.
On my way to get my tools, they dropped a beam. I hope they realize there actions have repercussions.

Tried the corporate number. I told them HR wouldn’t work. They had Hr call me back anyway. I just hung up. This is the project in Newell, Ergon Plant. Haven’t worked on any other projects for Robins & Morton
think twice
instrument fitter (Former Employee), newell WVApril 13, 2013
Cons: they want you to work outside your job title
Management and some staff are really clickish.if your not a stool pigeon they won't like you.they talk about safety like they care but in reality they don't care.they will this expect
you to work in the lightning and rain in a pipe rack.the safety culture is just not there.they will not allow two 15 min breaks only lunch.so I guess if you like a company that pushes for production over safety this company might just be for you.for all you instrument fitter this is a piping company not a E&I company.
People were efficient
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2013
Pros: long work hours
Cons: not enough time for family
I learned alot about a differnt kind of construction working for this company. I appreciated all that they taught me.
looking forward each day
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee), TNMarch 7, 2013
Pros: working in a great enviornment
Cons: short lunches
taking up new challenges
everyday is a learning experience
great management gets a better performance
some are more challenging then oters but communication is the key to great relationships
gettting my job complete at the end of the day and leaving home safe to my family
Temporary Job
Lead Carpenter (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: great company lots of travel
Cons: lots of travel
Robins and Morton is a national construction management company. I worked as a temporary employee.
Productive and fast paced
Operations Secretary (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2013
Fast paced work environment with knowledgeable mentors.Family oriented business. Worked for divsion manager and project managers
Headquarters