Robins & Morton Employee Reviews

do your research
Mechanical /Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Robins & Morton is a good company with good benifits and focus on the individual employee. Job security and culture experiences may vary.
Out of towner doesnt fit in
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2015
I was brought in from out of town to work in the home office. I never felt comfortable working there. I just expected more from R &M, never got it. HR was a joke
Calm work enviornment with steady work pace
Job site Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 27, 2015
There's never a dull day at the jobsite. Always plenty to do but as long as you work at a steady pace you won't get overwhelmed. Management is very fair and understanding with any concerns you may have. Safety is a huge thing so whatever concerns arise, it will never be overlooked. The company gives back once a month by sponsoring what they call a "safety lunch" when they buy lunch for all employees and talk about safety as a reminder to how important it is to everybody.
Pros
Flexibility is great.
Cons
Not salary pay, only hourly.
GOOD Paying but arrogant employess
Boilermaker Helper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 5, 2015
I worked for them in castle dale it went alright then, I think their employess have big head and over confident then I worked In hunington Utah and it wa was so I left
Good company and a good learning time.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
The first company I worked for in Charlotte since I moved here. They gave me a chance but they wanted me to moved out of town and I am a single parent.
robins and morton is a great company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2015
work was great pay was great I learned great things co-workers where great the hardest part of the job was great the most enjoyable part of the job was working together to get the job done even if you hated each other
Area working in is the best thing
Civil Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLAugust 7, 2015
Company need to improve on there people skill.
Budget is too tight for what they want done need to have a good budget for power plants
Pros
How to talk to people
Cons
Robins & Morton don't have break time only lunch
new construction company
Mechanical Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Morilton arkansasJuly 31, 2015
This is a good company they just don't have the jobs available to keep the management busy. they are new and have a few kinks to work out but should be a great company to work for
Great people and learned skill set
Payroll Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
I worked with this company in a temp position and was in charge of cataloguing payroll. My bosses were all so helpful and I felt very much a part of the team even though I was temporary.
Day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2015
A typical day at work is not quite typical if you ask me. It always begins by one of the various craft superintendents needing me to write a requisition for them to order miscellaneous tools or consumables. After I finish ordering the third Metabo drill of the month, I begin to approve invoices and call vendors when I stumble upon a discrepancy....
Good company to work for.
Jobsite Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMay 20, 2015
Construction large projects like hospitals. Good benefits, organized and fair. Adequate training for new employees. Very busy work. Everyone has their job to do and rely that everyone will do their job well.
it was such great place to work at
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Millen, GAFebruary 16, 2015
great job to work at and I could not have a better job they also trained you as you went along like if you was willing to learn they was willinfg to teach
Cons
short breaks
Great company to work for
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Millen, GAJune 12, 2014
Had a great experience working in Millen Ga. Would love to work for them again
A tough job
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Millen, GAJune 4, 2014
I'm not trying to be mean but this was a tough job. The peope were cool enough but the only break was lunch and when you work a 12 hour day in the high temps, it was killer. You could grab a quick drink or snack but eating was not allowed on the structure. You couldn't go to the break tent, so it was kind of tough. Quitting time and lunch was a horn warning so it wasn't necessary to wear a watch. Quit time was 20 past the hour and it was expected that you clean up as well as get your personal and company tools put away in very little time. My forman and co-workers were great. They were the reason to smile and the reason I would return for the next phase if called. Everyone tried to help each other and that made your day a bit more brighter.
Pros
i was working close to home.
Cons
no breaks except lunch
Overall a good company to work for
Flux Core/Stick Welder (Former Employee) –  Meridian MsMay 28, 2014
Good company to work for. Good staff and management. Company Provides a safe environment for their workers
Very Decent Company to Work For.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEFebruary 22, 2014
I enjoyed my overall experience with Robins and Morton, and it was a good job for somebody like me. (Young, single, few obligations) The management was quite good, they were always fair, decent, and gentlemanly. Work got done no matter the conditions. I left because they hired a girl to manage the crew I was on that had no CLUE what she was doing. She was pretty bad at her job and she hated me, but it wasn't a big deal until I just left to work elsewhere.
Excellent company
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TN.February 10, 2014
typical day at work: 10 hours
learned about chlorine process
management very competent
excellent co workers
Pros
free studies for certification
Constant flow of projects started and completed successfully in teamwork fashion.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Newell, WVFebruary 6, 2014
Very good people to work with. Management was balanced and a pleasure to work with. A large company-wide safety meeting with routine exercises started each day. Hardest part of work was walking down the pipe lines to be tested to isolate them following the P&IDs layouts of the test. Most enjoyable part of the job was to get it done and enjoy the company and friendships of the workers. I always tried to stay focus on the job, though the interactions with fellow workers is nice. I hated to keep turning everyones attention back to our job and away from talk and fun, but felt it very necessary. The feeling of accomplishment pleased my heart. Safety was a part of the management's respectful relationship with its workers (safety was lived and well lived) A fine company to work with.
Pros
very good teamwork with help through the management, management was considerate towards workers, good communications with understanding the projects to be done.
Cons
some workers were judgmental and a little difficult to work with.
I was a field secretary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxSeptember 26, 2013
Retyped Change Orders
Kept up with employees hours and attendance
Learned about construction business this was very rewarding
Very good co-workers all very pleasant to work with
Hardest part was learning about the change orders and how important they were legally so every word had to be accurate and precise. After I learned the procedure of doing the Change Orders it was very enjoyable and very interesting
Pros
good benefits and hours
Cons
after the construction job was complete i was laid off
Great company to be a part of.
Construction Supervisor of laborers (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Start my day in the office at 6:30 am then went out to the building site of a 12 story hospital. Talked to my workers and placed them on the different floors that work needed to be done. Construction clean up. Keep the workers busy and worked along side of them showing them what was to be expected out of our work day. Carrying up to 100 pounds of pipe, garbage, concrete to dumpsters and keeping the floors clean of the subcontractors mesh. Walking up12 flights of stairs 30 times a day was great exercise. Working as a team and getting tied off with a harness walking the ledge cleaning the edges of the building, guiding the loll into bring in materials and running the front loader to pick up debris was some of the fun parts of the job. The 58 hours a week steady with overtime was definitely a great plus.