The Junior Designer is responsible for managing and assisting in the preparation of project architecture, design details and product site design from initial concept through the approval and permitting process. The ideal “hands on” candidate can apply his/her knowledge and ability to draw, sketch, draft and design the many possibilities that can come into play with residential architecture and design.
The Junior Designer reports directly to the Director of Design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- Self develop design concepts for new products, including site plan, details, colors, massing, methods of installation, materials etc.
- Work closely with the construction and purchasing department on in-field changes, details and fixes as well as constructability and cost feasibility
- Manage preliminary project architecture with internal departments and the Director of Design
- Provide technical expertise regarding building technology as it relates to architectural design, design assistance for proforma/land analysis, etc.
- Oversee plan check and review process; ensure plans are reviewed by proper departments and review comments and coordinate with architects
- Assist managing and maintaining the architectural timelines and coordinate with forward planners on project needs
- Assist in reviewing, analyze and negotiate architects scope of work, budget, contracts and change orders
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 2 Years experience in residential architecture
- Demonstrated design, architecture and construction process knowledge
- Must be able to work independently and cooperate in a team environment
- Self motivated and able to manage design on a project from conception through construction completion
- Experience with AutoCad, MS Office, Sketch Up, Excel, Revit