Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Not great- ok for 1st job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 24, 2017
Okay job !Everything Changes all the time one day it's this way the next day it's that way. not a good work-life balance okay for a first job but not as a career.
Pros
Coffee in break rooms
Cons
Lack of staffing
great place to work
Grocery Lead (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MANovember 8, 2017
awesome pace to work with friendly staff and customers. With many locations it is very easy to transfer if you ever need to move for any reason. Also provide great benefits.
A fun place to work
Cashier/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAOctober 13, 2017
A day could fluctuate from slow to busy in minutes. That was something you had to get used to fast. Every day was different. You got to know many of the customers. Everyone worked as a team. Everyone is treated like family.
Pros
Meeting new people. Making friends
Cons
People transfer to often
Amazing
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 13, 2017
This job helped me earn money and get a foundation for when I look for a either a job in the same field or something different, I found my foundation and it helped me in many ways.
Pros
Great people and coworkers
Meat Cutter
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 31, 2017
Employees stealing constantly, how many times do I stick my neck out. When i started they told me 5 days a week and a half a day for 5 1/2 days a week. It turned out to be 6 days and sometimes 7. Don't get me wrong they pay for your overtime but no work/life balance and during holidays forget it!!!! Regional Manager was rude and disrespectful
Pros
Team environment
Cons
work/life balance
Poor
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 22, 2017
Worked there for four years, which overall were very poor. The management of the store was poor at best, with incompetence running rampant from the top down.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Management, work environment, work duties, staff.
Fast paced action
Produce Clerk/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 5, 2017
A very fast paced environment that is non stop that makes your shift go by quick. The management team was enjoyable to work with. Working with my co workers
Fine, except when you need a shift covered
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 6, 2017
Overall, working at Roche Brothers was okay. It wasn't an incredible job working as a cashier/bagger, but you make money. The hardest part of the job was when something important would come up and you tried rescheduling with the manager. Most times, they were not nice about it. I had a few times where I had family emergencies so I would not be able to make a work day, However, if you didn't have someone covering your shift, even if you called in advance and explained the situation, you were marked down as not having showed up (which obviously is not a good thing and could possibly get you fired). The added stress of needing to find someone to cover your shift on top of a family emergency is terrible to deal with.
Fast paced, stressful, yet at times fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MAMay 30, 2017
Overall, Roche Bros. is average in regards of being employed there. Employees get a lot of hours if they so choose, and full time employees are provided with perks to the job such as paid leave,etc.
Pros
Free coffee/ Good pay
Cons
Scheduling is sometimes off, new manager doesn't seem to be interested in the job
Great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAMay 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people were great and so were the customers. I wish the store had more diversity in staff but it was good working with other people.
Relieable employment with high standards
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAMay 13, 2017
Roche brothers was a good opportunity for myself in high school to make extra money but it had considerable drawbacks. The hours were often inconsistent and management frequently changed with some managers imposing strict regulations and unnecessary tasks.
Great place to begin at and perfect for students
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
In the beginning it's hard to warm up to coworkers and build relationships, but as time goes on the workplace becomes a very interpersonal where everyone knows each other and is willing to help. The pace of the job fluctuates between downtime and rushes during lunchtime and the end of the (regular) working day.
Though the company is good to work for there is a high turnover rate in the frontend department, which sometimes leads to understaffed conditions.
Overall, this is a desirable company for students due to extremely flexible hours and as a 'first job' or someone desiring a low demand job (depending on the department).
Pros
Flexible work hours, Great coworkers/supervisors, Along public transport routes
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes understaffed
It's a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 2, 2017
Expected management to treat me better but they didn't really. I had a hard time asking time off work. Managers didn't really care much of their employees. Can be good as well, received a gift card for a restaurant during Christmas.
not the same company i started with
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 19, 2017
you became property . and it seemed that you had to work whenever they wanted, no type of consistancy . And if you were there a long time . they would rather see yo gone and replaced with someone that didn't care. as long as they were paid less
Pros
Got to work with some great people, and meet great customers over the years
fun and very flexible
Grocery Front End Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 27, 2017
Roche Bro. was my first job, and I couldn't have picked a better place to start my work history. The people are always considerate and understanding. I really felt like I was part of the team. I believe that is what make the Roche Bros. community unique.
Pros
Very flexible schedule, and friendly
Cons
hours are not always consistent.
stay away
Floral (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAMarch 22, 2017
The upper management did not give you any support particularly if you were a full time employee. You always heard when you did something wrong, but never received a compliment from management. There wasn't any team work or comradity. I worked really hard and on my day off, everything would be moved around or changed whether it was the department displays, the schedule or the ordering. No one would discuss these changes with you, before or after they happened. As a manager of the department, it would be nice to have control of changes especially after working so hard. The long term part timers received more support than the full timers which you were supposed to manage. You weren't allowed to think " outside the box" , but you were expected to increase sales. Not a friendly place to work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No support
Good
Helper (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 14, 2017
Very good job and nice place,I met nice people there and helpful always was there for help but I quited because I was looking for high pay because I had too much bills and responsibilities thank you Roche Bros.
Cons
I was only a cart pusher
CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 8, 2017
I only pushed carts and worked outside, so I didn't really know who I worked with that much. I was 15 so I can't complain with the job, it was my first job ever
Upbeat environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2017
It's always busy, they just need a bit more help with management. I have made a lot of friends working there but the job can be a little unorganized at times
Pros
Cons
No discounts
Management awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  WellseleyJanuary 3, 2017
You might have a good manager. But don't be surprised if
they are transferred even after several months.
To get rid of you they will use a few mystery shoppers to harass you until you leave. Or they will make you ask for a break
without offering you one or else you won't get one.
Management will pretend that they know nothing even though they are playing a part of it.
the manager is gutless will hide away somewhere in the store.
Pros
health plan if you are full time
Cons
with holding breaks and mystery shoppers