ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS CORPORATION

ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS CORPORATION Employer Reviews

Was a nice place to work needs to change its culrure and add more diversity.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2014
>Check the production schedule to see how well we are meeting current week’s schedule. Check voice mail and email and outlook for upcoming meetings; make sure all employees are present and available to run production lines. Attend to line issues and put out personnel fires if any.
> To be a strong and decisive leader, to be consistent and transparent.
>Some – more... managers live I believe live in their own little world.
>Are great intelligent with a wealth of knowledge and would do well in other areas if allowed equal opportunity for advancement.
>Working hardest with loyalty and not knowing how secure you job might be and how loyal the company is to you.
>Getting the product out to market to satisfied customers in the best quality for consumption and being able to celebrate this with peers, coworkers and direct reports. – less
good work environment for women
Sales account manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2014
Overall good compensation and benefits will keep you there a long time. Good opportunity for advancement and at least feign concern for work life balance. Concerned about health and the environment. I was a field sales rep for 10 years.
Laid back approach
Trainer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
It's nice because it is hands off - we are expected to do our jobs well and our superiors do not hound us.
This company's success is a direct result of the wonderful people that work there!
KEY ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: compensation is above market, product is differentiated in marketplace
Cons: internal sale is more challenging than external sale too frequently
Staff are highly committed and connected to one another. Long sales cycles mean that enduring relationships are developed, both internally and externally.
No one cares!
Field Service Representitive (Former Employee), DenverNovember 17, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, trips to hawaii, pension
Cons: management does not help you grow, hostile work environment in some areas
When I first started with Roche Diagnostics, it was a magical placed filled with nice people who cared about your well being. I had an awesome manager who cared and co-workers who had great work ethic and teamwork. As time went on, (as did 4 senior vice presidents, mind you) things got worse. 1 guy that I worked with left the area, they switched management – more... on us, and made the job ultra competitive. At this point, I was doing the job of 2 people. Keep in mind, my area was huge and I was the only person in the company who had to drive 6 hours to get to his/her closest account. Even with all this though, I was still the top performer, in my region. But, my "new" boss didn't help things and ended up being a narcissist/micromanager. Everything was about "His guys" and he was constantly condescending and even told me I didn't need to go to college, I just needed to read a service manual. It got so bad that I had to report him to HR, which did nothing at all.

After sitting through an area meeting, where the Senior VP decided to get drunk and tell us how much Americans "Suck," and how he would "shoot the stragglers" I decided I had enough of Roche and put in my notice.

I am thankful for my experience, but I feel this is one of those companies that feel that, YOU, should be happy that they let you work there. They do not cherish their Hard working employees, and will get rid of you in a second. If your not part of the clique, you might as well expect to be a FSR for a while. You used to be beautiful Roche! – less
Good Experience
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: working 2nd shift
Love working there, Great management. Good pay to start out at. Great training
Excellent training and building a career
Account Executive (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2012
Pros: not just a job but a career
Cons: parking
One of the top diagnostic companies in the worls with excellent benefits snd compensation