ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Mentor colleagues (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2017
Enjoyed the diverse workplace environment. There is more opportunity to share ideas and bring new ideas to the table. Company goals were exciting and what they stand for is very important...patient care.
Pros
Diversity, competitive salary, innovated and changing.
Cons
Advancement is a little difficult
Management is trending to terrible
Supervisor Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
If you are looking for a micro-manager then Roche is the place. The manager new wave of management is to beat down their staff and find nothing which is good enough.
DIABETES SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2017
excellent training,great culture, working with patients, lack of reimbursement, good work life balance, best lower tier managment I have had, nice to help the patients
Pros
great training
Cons
Downsizing
good
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2017
great culture to work in at this company. They provide a lot of training to new hires and if you put in enough hours and volunteer for everything within scope, you can move up quickly.
I have learned many new warehouse positions as well as Admin responsibilities.
Pre-Install Inform 2 Tech (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 4, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Roche for the past four years. I have learned many new warehouse positions as well as
Admin responsibilities. The biggest downfall in my opinion is getting hired permanently.
ethical, professional organization
Supply Chain Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2017
Challenging, results oriented work culture in a professional environment. Values career growth and educational pursuits. Globally structured providing international job opportunities.
Pros
Work schedule, benefits, on site fitness center, on site recreation facilitiies for family, open access campus, tuition reimbursement
Great Company
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2017
It's a great company to work for.- Orlando, FL
A valid driver's license and safe driving record. This is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with organizational vision. As a role model and a liaison you will inspire commitment, trust, collaboration and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating...
Benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks
Experienced Solutions Specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the biotechnology industry
Diabetes Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Roche Diabetes Care has provided an opportunity to work as a consultant with Physicians in the endeavor of providing patients with quality care and improving patient outcomes.
A good place to work.
Quality Technician/ Scientific Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2016
Roche Diagnostics is going through a lot of changes but is still a good place to work. For the most part, they take care of their employees. They have a lot to offer for work/life balance.
Great people, great culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaOctober 13, 2014
Some of the best co-workers you could ever ask to work with. Great mission!
Pros
Excellent working atmosphere
Was a nice place to work needs to change its culrure and add more diversity.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2014
>Check the production schedule to see how well we are meeting current week’s schedule. Check voice mail and email and outlook for upcoming meetings; make sure all employees are present and available to run production lines. Attend to line issues and put out personnel fires if any.
> To be a strong and decisive leader, to be consistent and transparent.
>Some managers live I believe live in their own little world.
>Are great intelligent with a wealth of knowledge and would do well in other areas if allowed equal opportunity for advancement.
>Working hardest with loyalty and not knowing how secure you job might be and how loyal the company is to you.
>Getting the product out to market to satisfied customers in the best quality for consumption and being able to celebrate this with peers, coworkers and direct reports.
good work environment for women
Sales account manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2014
Overall good compensation and benefits will keep you there a long time. Good opportunity for advancement and at least feign concern for work life balance. Concerned about health and the environment. I was a field sales rep for 10 years.
Laid back approach
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
It's nice because it is hands off - we are expected to do our jobs well and our superiors do not hound us.
This company's success is a direct result of the wonderful people that work there!
KEY ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Staff are highly committed and connected to one another. Long sales cycles mean that enduring relationships are developed, both internally and externally.
Pros
compensation is above market, product is differentiated in marketplace
Cons
internal sale is more challenging than external sale too frequently
No one cares!
Field Service Representitive (Former Employee) –  DenverNovember 17, 2012
When I first started with Roche Diagnostics, it was a magical placed filled with nice people who cared about your well being. I had an awesome manager who cared and co-workers who had great work ethic and teamwork. As time went on, (as did 4 senior vice presidents, mind you) things got worse. 1 guy that I worked with left the area, they switched management on us, and made the job ultra competitive. At this point, I was doing the job of 2 people. Keep in mind, my area was huge and I was the only person in the company who had to drive 6 hours to get to his/her closest account. Even with all this though, I was still the top performer, in my region. But, my "new" boss didn't help things and ended up being a narcissist/micromanager. Everything was about "His guys" and he was constantly condescending and even told me I didn't need to go to college, I just needed to read a service manual. It got so bad that I had to report him to HR, which did nothing at all.

After sitting through an area meeting, where the Senior VP decided to get drunk and tell us how much Americans "Suck," and how he would "shoot the stragglers" I decided I had enough of Roche and put in my notice.

I am thankful for my experience, but I feel this is one of those companies that feel that, YOU, should be happy that they let you work there. They do not cherish their Hard working employees, and will get rid of you in a second. If your not part of the clique, you might as well expect to be a FSR for a while. You used to be beautiful Roche!
Pros
great co-workers, trips to hawaii, pension
Cons
management does not help you grow, hostile work environment in some areas
Good Experience
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2012
Love working there, Great management. Good pay to start out at. Great training
Pros
great management
Cons
working 2nd shift
Excellent training and building a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2012
One of the top diagnostic companies in the worls with excellent benefits snd compensation
Pros
not just a job but a career
Cons
parking