Roche Employee Reviews

I was a co-op student. My rating is neutral.
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 5, 2017
I successfully completed three co-op rotations at Roche Carolina Inc., in Engineering, Manufacturing, and Maintenance. At Roche, I was able to learn how pharmaceutical plants operate, and how to work effectively in teams to solve problems and help achieve results. I was fortunate to have worked with many different people from various background. It was a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Diverse rotations, helpful coworkers
Cons
slow pace
Eye opening experience with great co-workers and leaders.
Asistente de Logística (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRFebruary 4, 2017
This has been my best working experience yet. I was in charge of a project given by my manager and that gave me responsibilities which made me work harder to show what I'm capable of and leave an impression. Even though I worked there for a month as a summer job due to a program they have work their worker's sons, I enjoyed my time there learning and growing as a working person.
Pros
Gave me a real job experience with big responsibilities.
Cons
It was just a summer job.
Productive and Fun
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Absolutely loved my team!! Roche was a great transition job for me coming from Genentech. I felt like I was truly contributing to the company's success while being on the front lines as a client services rep supporting my sales team. The environment fostered open mindedness, productivity, fun, and team appreciation.
Assay Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work. Learn valuable skills, low pressure environment but constantly improving. Great coworkers who are motivated and motivate you.
Great Place!
QEV Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The best place to work at. I had an awesome experience during my year of service. Would highly recommend for direct / regular job or consulting. Very professional environment and people treatment.
Genentech/Roche is an outstanding place to work
Project Manager, Technology Implementation (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2017
It's a privilege to work at Genentech/Roche. Genen Bus is very convenient to reach office. I can work in the bus when needed. The management is very caring about the employees; they provide needful resources to perform my job. Co-workers are very supportive to each other. The hardest part of the job is to participate in the meetings with folks in other continents - EMEA and Asia. Sometimes, time zone different is challenging. Celebrating the completion of mile-stones with the team is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, Commute via GenenBus, Fitness Center
Innovation
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJanuary 11, 2017
Great Place, Great Experience, 6 years of work with great partners, Human Resources its family, Everything its Good, focus in the future
great place to work
Night Auditor/Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Roche Harbor, WAJanuary 3, 2017
your typical summer resort, beautiful pacific northwest. Front desk operations, reservations, phone, advanced reservations, taking payment with credit cards.
Pros
great to work there in the supper
Cons
sucks to work there in the winter, slow and cold
Great Place to Work.
Project Manager & Sr. Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 31, 2016
The Roche facility has a great atmosphere with great employees. Roche is well respected in the pharmacuetical industry with a great reputation and a great place to work.
Pros
Strong culture and job security.
Cons
Difficult to advance
Roche is a great place to work.
Reliability Tester (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2016
I've been a contractor for almost 13 years and it's been a great experience. Unfortunately automation is taking my position. Working at Roach one can expect high quality products and the new automation that's been installed high quality will continue.
Pros
Lunch cards given for a job well done.
Cons
Benefits for contractors are minimal.
Fast pace and good science
Senior Veterinary Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 14, 2016
Fast pace and good work environment. The research facility has been closed so no longer applies, but it was a good place to work with a general severance package. Good management and coworkers.. The most enjoyable part of the job was the good science.
Pros
Lovely campus in Palo Alto CA
Cons
Fast pace long hours
Progressive Swiss Company with Old World Values
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJDecember 12, 2016
Roche Diagnostics specializes in the production of highly technical 'kits' used to diagnose and prevent illness. This complex industry requires tight communication between the United States and Switzerland, and up to the minute financial details required to meet market demand.

The company is progressive, treats employees like family members, and is setting new standards in health care.
Enjoyed my experience at Roche for the most part, just got to a point of being burnt out due to excessive workload.
Tissue Diagnostics, Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2016
Demanding, challenging, and rewarding environment - never a dull day. Driven to be the best and deliver results for the customer and patients affected by cancer.
Pros
Cutting edge instrumentation, devoted staff, and team support
Cons
Inadaquate work/life balance due to workload.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Expert Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 5, 2016
Roche is a great place to work. They host plenty of events throughout the year for the employees. As a contract worker, I find it difficult to become a Roche employee, it is definitely based on who you know.
Pros
Free Lunches, and other fun events. Flexible work schedule
Cons
N/A
Contractor: Systems Integration Scientist
Systems Integration Scientist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2016
My role in this job ranged from documentations expert to data manager to bio-statistician. Entering with a background in applied physics, I had a diverse and strong skill set, and this job required me to preform at all levels nearly all the time, whether I was networking with colleagues overseas to develop a testing procedure that would yield strong statistical power or to give an open presentation on our team's progress and statistical results. As my contract approached its end, my time was spent on data management and documentation.

The company provided ample support and cross-department assistance. The atmosphere was largely amicable and the employees were incredibly friendly, which alleviated the stress that came with the workload.

I was given the space and guidance to learn R, quickly becoming our office's expert, and developed statistical analysis modalities for verification protocols. I learned quality control procedures and how to produce adequate scientific publication for FDA submission. Learning is my favorite part of any job, and my role at Roche allowed me to absorb the knowledge and experience I need to become a stronger industry scientist.

Our company was approaching launch when I joined, so my employment was restricted to a contractor position which did not grant vacation nor holidays. This was an issue for me, having missed out on holidays for the previous 6 years (4 during undergrad, 2 grad school), impacted by the high-intensity requirements of the job as we approached 510K/CE-marking submissions. These are the only qualms I had.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, friendly coworkers, open lunch breaks
Cons
Contractor
Roche is fine if you're in the click...
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 23, 2016
If you don't agree with anything, make sure to keep it to yourself. You'll by walked out the door so quickly that it'll make your head spin. HR...clueless
Pros
Most of the lab and field technicians are fantastic.
Cons
Unfortunately the management tends to be under qualified, not supportive
Amazing Benefits and Job Security
Marketing Project & Office Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 11, 2016
Roche is a very stable place to work, it provides great health, 401K and maternity benefits and job security. It's an international company with lots of growth opportunities internationally and locally.
Outstanding Work/Life Balance
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2016
The work/life balance and benefits are far superior to other employers in the area. The overall attitude of all leadership is to be learn from you as they teach you and prep you for the next stage in your career. The most difficult part of working for an employer like Roche is having corporate headquarters in another country. It can tend to cause some angst in getting through red tape and the fact that things are ran differently in Switzerland vs the US. In short, a great place to land and settle in for the long haul.
Very rigid and controlling management principles at play.
Calibration Manager (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 6, 2016
The direct reports control your outcome of your performance. The cafeteria is decent and the place is full of people who have worked more than 10 years. It is very difficult to win with the constant harassment by your reports and constantly going to HR to create havoc for the Manager.
Pros
Salary is decent.
Cons
Job security for new entrants very low..
Great place to work!
Technical Transfer Intern (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJNovember 2, 2016
Roche is full of intelligent people who are always striving to better themselves, their company, and their products. I worked as an intern in the Technical Transfer Team and could not have been happier with my experience. I was encouraged to learn as much as I could during my time their and everyone I met was enthusiastic and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2