Roche Employee Reviews

Great place to work - Departments vary in experiences!
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2013
I learned a lot by working at Roche; It is a great place to work! It's organizational structure internationally is strong and makes sense. My co-workers were professional and truly enjoyed a team environment. My role was supporting the system and users, which I truly enjoyed. My manager was great for the majority of my employment. The last year was awful, as a new manager came on board. I experienced bullying for the first time in my life. On my team we implemented several system changes, sometimes overlapping projects with upgrades, with no breaks, and at times working on holidays or very late. Many could say that it could have been the hardest part of the job, but it wasn't. It was the most satisfying! The hardest part, was the bullying that I experienced for over one year, which was completely unnecessary. Still, I hold a positive attitude and will not fault Roche for one individual. The bully actually moved on, and didn't even last long in the role.
Pros
good values frequently reviewed, competitive pay, great peers, good opportunites for furthering education and continued training, good work life balance in most departments, innovation is valued, great employees are valued by top management
Cons
not enough hr generalists to serve all employees, many have experienced hr generalists are pro-manager, employee has to fully substantiate above and beyond their issue while manager does not, if you get bullied by a manager, be careful - there are no policies regarding bullying, some directors blindly believe and support their managers
Great Place to work
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJAugust 20, 2013
My responsibilities as Senior lab tech in the department of Non Clinical Safety at Roche Pharmaceutical.Conducted daily dosing in Dogs, Rats, Mice, Monkeys, and Rabbits. Bleeding from Retro Orbital and Jugular Vein and Tail Vein in Rats. Oral gavage, Nasal and Tail Vein dosing in Rats. Oral gavage in Mice, Retro Orbital bleeding in Mice. Oral gavage and IV dosing in dogs. Saphenous vein bleeding and dosing in Monkeys and femoral vein bleeding in monkeys oral gavage dosing in monkeys. Oral gavage dosing in rabbits, ear and jugular bleeding in rabbits. Implemented studies using Provantis 8.4. Maintained study data files. Lead Technician on GLP and Non-GLP studies. Senior Level Technician in an established Pharmaceutical company. Implemented and Investigated new procedure's for a better working environment. Evaluated and validated new computer programs for use. Reviewed and Revised company Standard Operational Procedure’s (S.O.P.’s) Coordinated and implemented training for other technicians.
Working in a research environment for 24 years my goal is to obtain a career in a research facility where my knowledge and talents can be unitized fully
Productive work at Roche/Genentech
Clinical Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2015
Working for Roche/Genentech for the last 8 years have been the most rewarding work experience I have ever had. I have learned a lot about Clinical Operations and Data Management. I was able to handle independently clinical studies that has a budget of over a million dollars and was able to manage all the supply requests in a timely manner and was able to resolve issues
Roche has provided me with the necessary trainings for my career development and I have been well compensated based on my good performance and contribution to the department,
I have greatly improved my time management and project management skills. This work also gave me the chance to interact with other stakeholders of the company and outside vendors, My Vendor Management skills have also improved. I was able to meet urgent timelines and was able to contribute and supported our transition processes from an old system of sample handling.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that everyday you are able to contribute in finding new drugs for patients all over the world.
Company allows great flexibility for their field sales staff but expected a very high level of performance.
Medical Equipment Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Roche has some of the best employees in the industry which is obvious when you see there are many employees who have worked there 20-30 years. It is a very challenging place to work and a lot is expected of employees but the freedom and flexibility to run your own territory if you are in sales is very attractive.
Roche provides detailed training and gives employees the tools to learn the products and become proficient in their use. Management is supportive and available if needed on a territory level basis. My loyalty to Roche is centered around the quality of people who work there and the relationships I had with them over the years.
The hardest part of the job is trying to balance the work responsibilities with family life. It is not a 9-5 job, it is a career and requires whatever time it takes to get the job done.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having almost 100% responsibility for every task that comes under the heading of Territory Management.
Technical consultant working in a fast paced , competitive landscape to meet 8 million in revenue each year across clients on the North-East&Canda
Lead Regional Applications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washingon DCMay 17, 2013
My current job is focussed on driving sales through reagents and instrumentation across all Pharma, Biotech and Healthcare industries on the east coast. I am responsible for coaching the sales team on new technical trainings,organizing post sales seminars and promotional campaigns.

The most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest part of the job- which is to come up with new and challenging strategies to target the competition to turn the sales in our favour. This involves working closely with marketing and participating in market research to study the noisy markets.

The job involves travelling to new customer sites and support the existing customer base which I enjoy. It also gives me an opportunity to engage with sales and marketing teams in each BA and interact with KOLs and executives to align our product portfolio with current market trends.
Productive work place with great culture, helping people.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2013
I was in Patient Care in an international call center. I would take phone calls from diabetics whom were having problems with our equipment. They also called to ask questions about their blood sugar levels. There was a script we had to follow while documenting all of it during the phone call in to our system.

I was in six weeks of training before I was allowed on the phone with patients, then 6 months with a coach until I could do it on my own. Calls were monitored and my statistics were always great.

No freedom to move away from desk / phone.

I liked my co-workers, got along well and we worked as a team.

Hardest part is when a patient may be in crisis, then we either called 911 or a supervisor would take over.

The most enjoyable part was helping people with their health / diabetes issues. The children that called in were especially wonderful and good at understanding their disease.
Pros
good paying job, helping people
Cons
no freedom- tied to the desk the entire shift
Large pharmaceutical company that manufactures several medicines for multiple disease states
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 2, 2012
A typical day at Roche was calling on customers and helping them to meet the pharmaceutical needs of their patients with Roche products.
I learned that it is important to always be prepared with relevant information for the customer. The best sales calls were focused on meeting patient and customer needs. A thorough analysis of territory and customer data was crucial to success.
Management at Roche was focused on development of people. Management was fair and set reasonable goals.
The hardest part of the job was having access to customers in the changing healthcare environment. I was able to see most of my customers- they trusted me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing success stories about patients who benefitted from the medicines that I sold.
Pros
great medicines that made a difference, lots of autonomy
Cons
managed care, access issues
Excellent fast paced company to work for with great benefits.
Administrative Specialist Roche POC Marketing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2015
Things seem to change every year in technology, so as an Admin I have to be one of the first to learn them and teach to the people I work for. Training was a skill I learned due to the changes in technology we went through. Loved it!

The people are very friendly and hard working. We have an Excellent CEO who has helped us grow every year to be a leader in the community.

The hardest part of the job, for me, is spending 50% of my time scheduling, rescheduling meetings. I am someone who likes to work on projects and reports. As an Admin for a VP and higher, scheduling is a primary part of your job.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been leading our Strategic Charity Auction Committee over the last several years. It took some convincing to allow an Admin to lead this group, as it was run by Directors and above prior to me coming aboard. They encourage growth in this company.
World Class Training Organization
IT Trainer Professional Diagnostics/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 14, 2015
Working for Roche, one of the best companies in the world, has been an amazing experience. Your encouraged to grow personally and professionally. Working with the FDA to ensure our products are safe and viable has provided great opportunities to show how we can be innovative within the rules.
My colleagues at Roche are high level, confident individuals. I have learned so much about classroom faciliation, creativity and development of training products.
Roche is a company that allows you to try out new positions. I have been an IT Support professional, a health coach for people with diabetes and a corporate trainer. Engaging and challenging witha strong corporate culture tells the true story of how it is to work at Roche Diagnositcs.
Pros
corporate culture, engagement, benefits
Cons
lower field opportunities
Roche is a very professional company who strives to find the best medicine for patients
Biosample Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2015
Roche is Pharmaceutical company who is "Doing now what patients need next". A motto that attracted me to the company and desired to be apart of its Team. I learned so much from a clinical research perspective in managing clinical biosamples and ensuring that samples are collected, transported, processed and analyzed in a proper manner. Managing these samples from a remote area is challenging, but working with all parties involved (Sites, CRO vendors and Analytical Lab), make these efforts achievable. The most enjoyable part of working in the clinical area as a Clinical Biosample Operations Manager is knowing that patients are receiving a Roche drug that can potentially decrease their disease state or increase their quality of life.

Want to know more about Roche?

Ask a question
Great company. Lots of advancement opportunities
Key Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2013
Typical day at work required extensive travel by car. Large territory.
Great products. Large base of business allowed for great referrals and continued success selling products.

Management was focused, well organized and followed a developed strategy to attain goals. Goals were clear and concise. I always knew what was expected of me.

Hardest part of the job was over coming the competition which was growing at a rapid pace at this time.

I enjoyed the flexibility of setting up my own schedule, meeting new clients, developing long term relationships, strategically focusing on the best opportunities for success; and the money!

Great income if goals were achieved.
Pros
2 great companies merged together - fantastic compensation program
Cons
long term sales process
Fortune 100 company, outstanding benefits
Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis INMarch 10, 2014
Supply chain is very dynamic and the environment is ever-changing; work days vary with regard to where my focus lies. I have learned a great deal with regard to our ERP systems, WMS, inventory control, leadership, employee development, and finished good planning are just a few of the areas where my knowledge base has significantly increased. My Roche co-workers are very supportive and flexible to ensure successful outcomes. One of the most difficult part my position is termination due to the impact on the individuals livelihood. The most engaging part of my position is the ability to develop and promote employees alongside enhancing skills within ERP system.
Pros
benefits, work/life balance
Wonderful Work/Life Balance, Co. strives for 5's in all categories, but individual depts aren't monitored to determine if core values are adhered to
Jr. Project Manager/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2013
Management where I worked was not very supportive and although Roche has a set of core values that it prides itself in and expect each and every employee including contractors to follow, I found that the group where I worked did not follow many of those core values at all and therefore the project that I was working experienced many unnecessary pitfalls, even to the point that the project ran wayyy over budget. On the other hand, the work life balance was great I took my child to work with me every day to Roche camp. Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
day camp at place of work
Improving the lives of those with diabetes
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY and Johnson City, TNApril 2, 2013
*Large focus on health care reform and how our products and solutions help improve quality of care, outcomes, and physician reimbursement.
*6-8 client visits per day. None are typical. Can discuss insulin infusion pumps, continuous glucose monitors, blood glucose monitors, software, or other tools.
*Typically meet 1-2 patients in a day in the physician practice to demo and product or provide diabetes education.
*Work and collaborate with industry partners.
Pros
ability to be successful with hard work and discipline
Cons
lots of paperwork and reports. can be long hours working nights and weekends.
One of the finest organizations I have had the opportunity to work.
Director of Product Training (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJanuary 11, 2015
This diverse work group was focused on the shared goal; willing to help colleagues without question. This was the most remarkable corporate culture, which is probably why there were so many employees with 25+ years of service.

Working within the ever changing regulatory landscape made the work a continuous challenge. You always knew, however that people in every function and at every level were facing the challenge and working through it with you.

On top of all that, the benefits and physical space were wonderful. Even the cafeteria food was excellent!
Good energetic worker
IT Service Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CANovember 21, 2013
One a daily basis I would be in charge of receiving and distributing all Helpdesk tickets to the groups that the tickets belong to, Like Telecom, Desktop support or Database administration.
I learned to make decisions on the fly regarding different issue that placed by the 1st level support group.
I have no Management skills. I worked with the majority of the same co-workers for at least 11 years and we had a good working relationship.
The hardest part of my job was not being able to help everyone at the same time.
Them most enjoyable part of my job is helping someone out with a computer problem.
Pros
the company
Excellent benefits. Poor management/ employee relations
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2013
Begin day at 07:30 checking emails and reviewing dispatches. Call all dispatches, triage calls, set customer expectatins for arrival or work on phone. Complete expense reports, time cards, on-line training, inventory. Set up schedule for monthly PMs,
Leave approx 08:30 to first call. Continue traveling from site to site, resolving customer issues. If some time, check with co-worker see if he/she needs assistance After 8 hrs, if still covering calls, check with RSM for OT approval. Arrive home 21:00
Pros
good benefits. low chance of layoffs.
Cons
manager/employee relations, poor.
Dynamic ever-changing environment, where hard work and strong work ethic is required.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2013
Days at my job are fast paced. The work is constantly flowing and there is little time to catch a breath. The ability to multi-task and manage many different work items at once is a must. My co-workers are good people, and my direct management is very caring and sympathetic. Certain aspects of a global company are challenging to overcome at a local level. The most enjoyable part of my job is my interaction with my customers.
Pros
nice people, strong respect for work-life balance.
Cons
difficult to advance in the company. non-stop pace is exhausting.
It is a company that allows you to give your best
Oncology/Hematology Medical Manager Latin America (Current Employee) –  Varies with travel regionally and to headquartersFebruary 25, 2015
Within Roche, you work as a team and this is highly noticeable through accomplishment of objectives. There is an excellent work environment and you feel like you are part of the company and not just working there.
Everybody´s opinion counts and is taken into consideration.
With a position like mine, the only down side is that it comes with lots of travel time (over 60%) which the family has to accept and adapt to.
Overall it is the best place where I have worked and where I can fully develop all of my talent and ideas
benefits
Cons
hard to identify
Excellent company with which to work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 3, 2012
Roche was very conservative and old style in promotion of product lines. This was acceptable in that we knew our promotional efforts were always consumer and safety oriented. Roche had exceptional medical institution and medical provider respect for its promotional philosophy. The product line consisted of franchise products such as Rocephin and Versed. Working in the medical center setting was the most enjoyable. The least enjoyable was the strict structure of promotional efforts. Roche had a great working environment that felt like family.

4.2