Rochester City School District Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work.
Office of Student Attendance Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2016
I will come to work at 8:00 in the morning and be on time. My supervisor will be there sometimes and I woukd file paper work if I see some paper work that needs to be filed. My co-workers was fun and easy to work with. The lunch that they served us was ok but sometimes I would bring lunch or eat take-out. The hardest part of the job was all the paperwork I had to file. The most enjoyable part was the home visits because I had the opportunity to see how other people live.
Extended day
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  85 ADAMS STMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work for me is challenging ...I'm working with 5 year olds with autism or behavior problems. My co-workers are all different .Some make my job harder because they are not team workers. The Hardest thing about my job I'm not being utilized I know I can do more with the experience I have. What I enjoy most knowing I'm helping a child with needs
Pros
Love from the children
Cons
Pay
Work
Aide (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 9, 2016
The Rochester City School District is a great place to work for. It' s just hard to get a promotion. I have learned how to interact with a lot of different students, staff and families.
learn experience/rating 10
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 19, 2016
I experiece so must there by try hard Education children in
math,reading skill Glosbal skill,history,learn children life skill for every
day live.
use my Art skill for different level of student in classroom.
I feel Education is something we all need to open up doors it is a life time skill young and older.
fun work place
janitor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2015
I guess you can say second shift grew on me. This place had nice people and a chance to grow. Always looking for another opportunity like this one
Pros
clean offices
Cons
good health care benefits
Nice city
Seventh -Tenth Grade ELA Bi-lingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2016
I really loved all the professional development offered. The climate was diverse and culturally enriched. Pay is not as good as it could be and we do not get summer pay. Any professional development is compensated at a good rate.
Pros
good professional development
Cons
low pay
School work
Food Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 2, 2016
Traveling to various sites, assisting with food staging.

 Preform food preparation duties to provide meals for students & staff.

 Clean all work areas equipment, utensils, dishes, & silverware to ensure

they are stored appropriate
Culture of indifference
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2015
The RCSD is a business, not an education provider. I was laid off or moved from school to school each year. There was no feeling of community because this is the culture. Many teachers move voluntarily each year, but far too many are forced to move each year as the district shuffles school buildings, administrators, and programs around causing a overall attitude of discontent and disconnect for many of the teachers (and the students). There are passionate people in the district, but they are so spread thin that many young teachers only teach for a few years before they are frustrated, burnt out, or decide to leave for a district that respects its teachers and students.
The Home Health instructors program was a great program.
Per Diem Substitute Teacher- Certified (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 20, 2016
The typical day consisted of going to the students home and teaching in the 4 cores subjects of Math, ELA, Social and Science. It was a very supportive environment with excellent teachers and supervisors.
Pros
amazing coworkers
A good start for a job
Instructional Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2016
This job is good for starters the only problem is that it doesn't have fixed ours. I like dealing with technology but also like counting in a secure job.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of being a teacher is when you can see the fruit of your labor in the progression of the children you have had the opportunity to teach.
Pros
Working 10 month a year
Cons
Job security and stress
Home School Assistant (Parent Liason) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 29, 2016
nice company. nice employees ,love working with the students. dealing with different personalities sometimes is difficult.
Great
Parent Liaison (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Frontier is a great place to work!
I would have loved to stay but I was laid off, I was promised a position to come back to but never got a call
toxic and disorganized
administration (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 24, 2015
Upper level management continues to change and policies and procedures are not adhered to. Constant changes and no job stability.
Rochester City School District
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Most enjoyable part of job making sure everyone is feed. Hardest part of my job is following all the procedures and protocols.
Awful
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 4, 2015
Terrible experience so far! Cannot recommend. I just come to work for the health insurance and the $12 per hr pay. Just stay under/ off the radar, be as fake as you can tolerate and go home. Don't think, don't offer advice, just say yes or no. Anything more will get you fired if you have worked there less than 3 years. The union will not help you, but they will gladly take your money from your pay check. You have been warned!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Pay and everything else
Typical Civil Service Job: Challenging Workplace, satisfying
Project Cost Estimator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2013
Typical workday consisted of working out solutions to numerous construction renovations and problems; and estimating the costs, maintainance and creation of different databases for the department, site visits to inspect problems. Commercial construction on such a large scale was a new and challenging experience, the majority of my experience has been residential up to that point, I learned alot about major mechanical, electrical, communications and plumbing systems. For the most part, management was fair and sometimes difficult, I liked my supervisors. Most of my co-workers were pleasant and easy to get along with. The difficulty of being a estimator is being honest and dilligent without stepping on too many toes, verification was not always welcome in state funded jobs. What was enjoyable was having an office job without having to spend all your time sitting in front of a computer, enjoy site visits and meeting different people.
Pros
benefits and security
Cons
lack of real interest in getting the most bang for the buck.
Challenging place to work if you don't enjoy working with children
Teacher Aide / Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Rochester New YorkJuly 7, 2015
Professional and on hands relationship with children with disabilities.
Assist head teacher with goal plan, work one on one with student and professional to enhance child's learning ability, and focal point in order for student to succeed. Co-workers are very reliable and use an professional approach towards decision making. Hardest part of the job is not being able to assist all of the students with their problems. The most enjoyable part is seeing their smiling faces return to class each day.
Pros
A contnious effert to learn new material from other Professionals.
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare for part-tme workers.
productive and fun place
food service worker (Current Employee) –  45 prince st, rochester, ny, 14607October 7, 2015
To being a food service worker. its great challenge with food items and sanitary during the work. All the task required both mentally and physical ability. its a so fun at the jobs, all people are helpful during the task.
good place to work
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2014
It is a good place to work for. It has a loving atmosphere and some knowledgeable employed there.
Pros
loving atmosphere
Cons
short staffed, raise is under review