Rochester City School District Employee Reviews

School custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2017
I like working at the job I had got a lot of skill from the work place liked working around my co worker am a team player and depended person I also train new employees thought them very well
Pros
Advanced
Benefits
Busy day to day
School Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2017
Very busy days,always on my feet, keeps you busy, conduct various tasks. Have to maintain order and safety of students, staff and visitors. Also conduct routine checks of the grounds.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Very very busy, stressful at times.
Great
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2017
Teachers assistant
Special ed
Over 21 years working with students with special needs
Enjoyed this work for this amount of time
Very awesome industry to work in
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2017
Very fun enviornment, independent, staff all very amazing caring people. Great support great people willing to help with anything, family like enviornment.
Na
School Social Work MSW Internship (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14613March 7, 2017
Great place to do an internship. The city schools are a wonderful place to learn and to work. Teachers are friendly and supervisory staff is for the mot part available.
I love everything about my job!!
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I love my job I'm at work everyday an hour early getting the classroom ready for the kids. I learned about many different disabilities and to have more patience. Management is involved with everyone they're managing and knows us all personally and by name very welcoming. Working here is like a big family all treated fairly. There is no hard part working at this job because I absolutely love it!! Everything about this job is enjoyable it's a part of my calling.
Productive Place to work
Food serivce helper (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2017
It has its Ups and downs at times just like any other job. It union work and they great benefits. Great dental and health benefits. More often than none has great hours.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work through summer time in food service
ok
Cook (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 24, 2016
fun place to work sometimes kids are bad but after a while yo learn them and end up having a good time people you work with may be older and stuck in there ways but that with anyone that has been doing the same thing for twenty plus years
productive, fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 20, 2016
The productivity and workplace was very pleasant. There was always something going on or something comical being said by a students

The workplace environment was wonderful due to walking the students as they changed classes for different subjects.
Pros
The pros are participating in gym class, great healthcare, great retirement benefits.
Cons
No summer work, no summer compensation, long summer break.
productive and fun
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2016
its not a bad place to work just need to get a little more than what I currently make and at work 38 to 40 hours a week that would help a lot.my co workers are great to work with. and the children love to see their happy faces and want to learn.sometimes there are times when bad behavior takes place and you don't know what to do. that's part of the job.
Pros
love working with children
Cons
not enough working hours
great work enviornment
Primary Project Child Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work! You can learn a lot they have on-going training.I been working here for many years I love the kids and the staff.
Frequent changes in upper mgmt causes dysfunction throughout the District
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2016
The budget dept is expected to make up for deficiencies in other parts of the organization. Frequent changes in CFO, Supt, Dpty Supts cause dysfunction throughout the District.
school
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2016
i love to be around kids just to see them laugh and have fun just love making the world a better place and safe too just want to be that example to someone to show them that they to can be somebody and enjoy life
Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Different High SchoolsAugust 11, 2016
The district is ill managed. There is constant change in leadership, teachers, superintendents --everything. Its chaotic. Each year there's a new literacy program purchased and than thrown away for a new one the following year.
Intresting
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2016
I found that most schools are poorly managed and teaching to the test does not produce great adults in the future. Making sure students receive their education should be most important. The teacher union hinders students from getting they're full potential.
perfect
Sub- Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy working with kids so everyday was a good day, come in a implement the teachers lesson plans, maintain the safety of students.
Pros
working with bright minds
Good place to work.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 17, 2016
Nice people. Good supervisor. Excellent benefits. Good trainers. The hard este part of the job is dealing with behavioral problem kids.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Driving condition during winter.
Awesome job
School Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 7, 2016
working at the school was such a good job.... mainly because i was impacting so many children's life every single day, the best part of the job is when its gym time you got to hear so much noise, Working with the school was also good because during the holiday breaks you still got paid.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 20, 2016
I'm not going to comment on district level management, but the CIO is a super dynamic and a wonderful leader in every way. It was a pleasure working for her. The middle management too have the same great qualities. The work environment is challenging at the same time, collaborative and just great overall.
Pros
flex hours, sophisticated technology
Cons
high level politics, though CIO shields us professionals from it.
Nice city
Seventh -Tenth Grade ELA Bi-lingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2016
I really loved all the professional development offered. The climate was diverse and culturally enriched. Pay is not as good as it could be and we do not get summer pay. Any professional development is compensated at a good rate.
Pros
good professional development
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester City School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Rochester City School District Reviews by Location