Rochester General Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive OR
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Since I started at RGH in August of 2016 I have enjoyed everyday coming into work. The staff have been more then helpful and nice and made this an overall great experience for being my first job in the OR.
physically demanding
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 3, 2017
never enough help, not very team oriented environment, people become lazy and you end up doing other peoples jobs for the patients needs. you are pron to injuries because there are alot of equipment in the way and the rooms are small and not enough help.
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
not enough help
Good learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2016
Great place for a learning experience. The staff was very helpful in teaching and most were willing to take the time to teach the proper way to document.
Nice place to work and opportunities to move up.
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 2, 2016
Great place to work. Management could use improvement but otherwise and overall family oriented environment. Always fast paced and keeps you on your toes.
Challenging and culturally diverse work environment.
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 26, 2016
Working for Rochester Regional Health has proven to be very challenging yet rewarding. This environment allows you to interact with culturally diverse individuals. The hardest part of this job are the language barriers. In this position it is a good experience to work so closely with providers and nurses.
Highly ranked hospital in Rochester, NY with excellent nursing care
Certified Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2016
Nursing care at RGH is well known to be great in the community. Proud to work as a nurse at RGH.

Administration often does not take nursing into consideration when making decisions that could affect nursing/patient care.
Educational Challenging fast paced environment
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2016
I highly enjoyed and appreciated the years I worked In the emergency room at RGH It is now the 2nd busiest ED in the state of NY. I was a Triage Trainer and worked in walk in triage. They are a stroke center and due to its city location also received a fair amount of walk in trauma . Their triage is also a fast track unit.
Pros
Commoroderie
Cons
Extremely fast paced
Decent patient Outcomes
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2016
working in the med surge floor 5800 was challenging but a great learning experience.

The manager at the time was very strict.

Coworkers were supportive.
Fun to meet new people while doing patient discharge
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 23, 2016
I love to being around with new & old people.I love to learn new things. Helping other people gives me a peace. It's fun to work as a team work because that's how we will get help from each other whenever needed
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I want to learn new things so using this opportunity to have new experience
Fun working on patient discharge
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  1425 Portland aveSeptember 20, 2016
It's really good to work on patient discharge because you will get to see new faces or new people. You will get chance to make them a friends. You will get chance to learn new thing,different culture,and share happiness
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Great staff and enjoy my job.
Senior Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2016
Knowing that what my job means is critical to saving lives in the operating rooms is the most rewarding part of my day. My co-workers are very detail oriented, as I am, which creates a great working environment. Being on-call and frequent weekends have become very difficult.
Pros
Enjoy my job and great co-workers.
Cons
Health Insurance, on-call weekends.
Excellent
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 8, 2016
Multi tasking
Diversity of workers and patients
Variety of work
Challenges of each day and work

Love the job and people.
Relocate closer to my home
Efficient and supportive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2016
As a patient care technician, I was in charge of caring for 9-13 patients on a given day. This included, but was not limited to, bathing, bed changes, ambulation, feeding, toileting, phlebotomy, and electrocardiograms. During the course of my employment, I was applying to physician assistant school and the staff on the unit were very supportive in my career aspirations. They helped me network and get the experience I needed to be accepted into my top choice program. Management was superior. The hardest aspect of the job was the physical demands of transferring patients, re-positioning them and standing for extended periods of time. Nonetheless, the most enjoyable aspect of the job was a supportive and strong group of colleagues that were available for assistance if needed.
Fun and caring staff
Psychiatric Assignment Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 14, 2016
The emergency department is a stressful environment to work on however management is encouraging and rewarding. The hours are extremely flexible which has worked well with a young family.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Positive development
Access Associate - Float (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2016
My role as an access associate introduced me to varied working environments with people from many cultures and backgrounds. Helping them reach their health goals brought great learning to my life about helping others.
No opportunities for Licensed Practical nurses
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2016
No opportunities for LPNs. RGH does not value LPN. Offers LPN school but wont hire them to work in hospital.
Be careful!
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 28, 2016
The best paying nursing position in Rochester that you will find! In Mark Clements early days at RGH it was an amazing place to work. The change in culture was outstanding! The organization began to teach it's leaders how to lead and through that process job satisfaction soared and patent care was exemplary. I was so proud to work for RGH...I sang it's praises to whomever would listen. They really cared about the employees and the patients....never got the feeling it was about the bottom line. Then something changed, I don't know what. It became the sole focus of a leaders responsibility to find reasons to let people go....either through intimidation or actually firing an individual. I saw leaders that left or were fired for small things that should have resulted in mediation not firing. I was in a leadership role and was always being told that I had to document behaviors of those under me to give valid reason to terminate the employee. I grew to hate this organization. I have been gone over three years...had to take a $ 10,000 cut in pay, but it was worth it. I have my integrity back. All I can say is be careful..
Productivity, Enjoyable work environment, Great Company
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2016
Billing ,following up on accounts. Learned the process of the Medical Billing field. Management are very knowledgable. My co-workers are very friendly. hardest-High Volume of job. Enjoyable part-working with Insurance Companies and co-workers.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short breaks, heathcare Insurance
Operating room assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2016
Productive workplace a lot of inserting things happen in the OR. The main responsibility of an operating room assistant is to maintain a sterile environment for the patient and surgical team before, during and after surgery. Before surgery, an assistant prepares the operating room by washing and sterilizing all surgical instruments and equipment using special cleaners known as germicides. The assistant then prepares the patient for surgery by washing, shaving and disinfecting incision sites. Finally, the assistant scrubs, gloves, masks and gowns the surgical team. During surgery, the operating room assistant may pass surgical instruments to the surgeon, cut sutures, apply dressings and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. After surgery, the assistant transports the patient to the recovery room and cleans the operating room for the next procedure. The whole culture of the hospital has made many changes for the worse since the Unity merger. There is a much higher turn over in employees. People are just not happy anymore. Management is terrible, people are just not as friendly to each other and it seems that no matter how hard you try, nobody can be the right fit for this company. Management is Never happy with anyone!
Pros
Seeing operating and talking to doctors
Cons
lazy people
Not the place you want to work
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 30, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Rochester General Hospital Reviews by Location