Rochester General Hospital Employee Reviews

Na
Registered Nurse- Senior Clinical III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2017
top ten busiest hospital in america. I worked here for 6 years. Emergency Care is crazy but you will learn so much from the nurses and docs here, if you can make it here you can make it any where
Heavy workload
Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2017
Heavy workload,often times understaffed. Worked long hours Expensive to park. Decent cafeteria and a nice small cafe. I always enjoyed working with the patients.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
short staffed
n/a
QA, etc (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 1, 2017
RGH can be a great place to work for but their are to many chiefs in a department. Some people who have been their for a long time feel threatened when new co-worker start.
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 30, 2017
Our goal is to provide patients with excellent service, customers service has been a major part of my career and I enjoy the work I do at Rochester General. We have the pleasure of working with may different cultures, and we are able to provide great customer service to all that we encounter. The emergency department team is like no other team in the organization, we are truly a family and we not only take care of the patients but we take care of each other.
Pros
Team work
Cons
The heart break we have to encounter along with the families of the patients we take care of.
Remote Coding at Rochester General Hospital balanced work and life
Coding Integrity Coordinator/Educator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2017
Management is compassionate and understanding. If you work independently and complete your weekly work, you will do fine in a coding position. Highly recommend Rochester General Hospital
Great opportunity for growth.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 25, 2017
For one looking to get their foot in the health industry, there are lots of part time opportunities that would allow you to move forward to bigger and greater opportunities within the hospital.
Pros
Continued opportunites
Cons
Although a 24 x 7 operation, not very flexible in hours.
Productive but yet layed back
Utilization Review Specialist Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2017
Very productive and busy. Collaborating with payors and providers determining correct level of care for each patient that comes in as Observation or Inpatient for billing and compliance purposes
Good group to work for
Operating Room Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2017
Good people, high pace but very rewarding job. I loved the people that worked there and would recommend this job to anyone. I am from this area, so I liked working with my community as well.
Challenging/Enjoyed
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 4, 2017
Great place to work to get experience in healthcare. Extremely fast pace working environment with new challenges each day. Enjoyed working in different areas of the hospital each day.
Pros
salary
Cons
fast past work environment
Great experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2017
I have a lot of opportunities here at Rochester General Hospital and was hired with no experience in the medical field which was awesome, my manager is okay, was flexible with me for my shift preference but overheard she's not with most people, and very difficult to understand her vacation policy, with my coworkers she seems to let them take vacation without pay, if they prefer, but when asked by myself she says that is untrue, so it is quite frustrating because it sounds as if I can only have one vacation a year and I have to use my vacation time, can't have a vacation even when I prefer not to get paid during my vacation.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Short Lunches
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Fast paced, great co-workers, fun environment. Great work life balance. It was a great place to learn as a student and then transition into working for rochester regional health.
PACE program growing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Although it was a rough start when I got to RGH/ElderOne, it has improved dramatically over the last 3 years. The combination of good leadership and the influx of high skilled nurses has resulted in a major shift in the culture there.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Care Technician, Cardiac Arrest Unit (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Fast paced and very busy unit. Always helping patients, discharging and receiving them. Learned how to manage skills such as bloodwork phlebotomy, read vital signs and perform EKGs.
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast pace and always new knowledge acquired.
Patient Care Technician/ Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2017
The day at RGh was very past paced. Everyday was a new learning experience and never a dull moment. Lots of team work. Manager we're always availed for discussion. The most difficult part was not being able to give all the attention you would like to your patients due to my vacation gn at fast pace.
fun and exciting place to work, like a big work family
Emergency Room Technician Level 5/Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
It was always exciting going in to work, I gained a lot of experience in the ER, the staff was so appreciative of all the techs. Management was very respectful and friendly
Pros
free lunches
a teaching company to work for
PCT (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
a typical day at my job is meeting new people every day. The hardest part of my job is when I get close to a patient or family and the patient dies. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and there is always room for growth
Pros
room for growth
Cons
12 hour days
Fun work place
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2017
Well it's a good place to work and you get paid great you get a lot of breaks you barely get calls so when you don't have calls you can just sit and relax
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks to short
Clinical Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2017
Generous paid time off. Great benefits. The doctors I work with are fabulous. No bid egos. They respect and rely on the work that I do. There is a team culture.
Good working environment in Physical Therapy Department
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2017
PT assistants at RGH rotate every three months between treating patients at bedside and working in the PT Gym with orthopedic patients. PT assistants are expected to produce 22 units of billable PT treatments every day but this is not always possible when the PT census is low. For the most part management has been very responsive in assisting me to have a good work-life balance. The hardest parts of this job is trying to achieve the expected productivity goal each day and dealing with the unrealistic expectations of some physicians regarding their patients' mobility issues. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job is working with patients and helping them achieve their mobility goals so they can go back home and resume their lives after being in the hospital. Another enjoyable aspect of my job is working with the New Vision and Youth Apprentice Students in our department and coordinating observation hours for students who hope to become physical therapists.
Pros
Good benefits, off street parking, Wellness Center, supportive co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities for PT assistants
love it
Specimen Management Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2017
I love working in the lab. I see so many interesting things without the stress of being up there in the operating rooms. Working in Pathology is a challenging job, but also rewarding. I've had some of the best bosses working in the lab setting and I'm so thankful for that.