Rochester General Hospital

Rochester General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Working with patients making sure they are well fed, & taken care of.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2015
I learned how to mingle with others & handle different attitudes. This job helped me a lot with patience as well. It was hard walking away at times but I never let anyone come between me & my work ethic.
Pros
great way of advancement
Cons
non appreciate of what your worth as an worker.
the most enjoyable part of working there was helping people
Patient Access and Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Rochester,nyAugust 13, 2015
i love helping people and the coworker was like a family the management was good the benefits was good and the security was very helpful.
No place is Perfect "But They make great Strides"
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2015
Company has been ever so focused on providing the BEST for its community, believing that everyone plays a vital role in the bill of health from the janitor to the CEO. There's not a day that goes by you enter into RGH and not see a RGH partner assisting with someone or something. ALL HANDS ARE ON DECK!!!
Pros
You see great Strides
Cons
No place is Perfect
A great place if you work well in a team.
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2015
Easy to learn daily routines. Different jobs to learn but it all comes together for the patients. Management is okay. Not perfect. Best part of the day is seeing the smiles on the patients faces when they see you with their tray in your hands. Always smile at them and make their day. it may not seem as if you make a difference to them, but you do.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 14, 2015
A great environment to work in. Great team work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the on the job learning of medical terminology and Radiology.
Friendly
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2015
I always enjoy working at RGH. Staff is always friendly and I always enjoy coming to work every day.I would want to have care here if I needed it or if I needed to send my friends and family here.
Great Company
Administrative Coordinator for IGH Nursing School (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2015
Fast paced, great co-workers. Supervisor was encouraging about teamwork. A great company to work for with excellent benefits for team members.
Overall rating *
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2015
Over 200 patients a day. Learned about predjudice. There was no management. Only 1 co-worked out of 6 was good to me. Very difficult place to work. Enjoyed closing time.
Pros
Cons
Don't stand up for yourself...you will be fired.
A large hospital with a giant regional reach
Specimen Management Technician II (Former Employee) –  Rocheste,NYJune 9, 2015
One of the best heart hospitals in the country. Everyone I met was very friendly. The Surgical Pathology department goes through 50,000 cases a year so be prepared to be busy all the time.
Pros
The Gross room is near the O.R.
Cons
Long walks to the hospital and parking is not free
Great company to work for
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester nyJune 4, 2015
My position was 25 hours a week. My daily routine was checking in and checking out patients, answering phones, charge entry for nursing homes, new patient registration, filing, and insurance verification. My manager and co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was when my job was eliminated. The best part of my job was seeing the geriatric patients everyday.
Pros
enjoyed working at the hospital
Great
Unit Tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 3, 2015
Enjoyed working with company that promotes growth, and also engaged for their employees to receive higher education. The staff at the hospital made friendly to work with.
Pros
Staff friendly, great hours.
Cons
Was unable to use the hours for CNA certification.
I truly enjoyed working at Denver Health
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people I worked for. Management was truly supportive of all techs working there. I was a well run pharmacy and everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
Cons
Stressful at times
Collaboration between MD's and RN is excellent
RN float nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2015
Working at RGH was a great experience in that in general RN's and Tech's were happy to be there. Management was excellent and made my job easier. MD's and RN's working together felt like a team mentality and it was what I enjoyed the most. The hardest part of my job was this whole "The customer is always right" mentality and making hospitals into hotels/restaurants. This causes sick people to feel entitled when the focus should be health teaching and communicating the importance of lifestyle changes. The most enjoyable part of my job is being a nurse making a difference and feeling empowered by doing my position well because of the great foundation the hospital had.
Pros
food available at all hours, having the right equipment available at all times
Cons
meds not always being available when needed and linen
Great Nursing Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2015
Quality nursing environment working among a supportive team of health professionals. Supportive of nursing growth and advancement using a clinical ladder.
Productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 11, 2015
Employees are given a clear understanding of what's expected of them by setting goals with supervisors, timelines are established , supervisors and management track progress, and identify obstacles based on individual goals.
Must effectively adapt to change; work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
Pros
Friendly environment. Great staff.
Cons
Slight room for career advancement
Good critical cardiac care experience
RN Clinician III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, nyApril 25, 2015
Intense experience with critically ill cardiac patients in a cardiac cath lab and ICU setting. Good collaboration between physicians and all staff members.
A great hospital
Faculty Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2015
An excellent hospital with physicians and staff that strive to provide the best and most up to date care. The hardest part is being around patients that are ill. However, it's also very rewarding to be associated with the successes.
RGH doesn't pay techs !
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  rochester nyMarch 14, 2015
It's a great job if your going into nursing field but the pay totally sucks! RGH only cares about the dollar than their employees. Nurses get paid $25-35 hr and techs that do most of the work get paid $10hr. Not even close or comparable to nursing staff. Then when the census is low you are forced to use your paid time off! All about saving the hospital money and not looking out for their full time employees that are supposed to be guaranteed 40 hours. Nope you work 3 (12) hour shifts totalling 36 hrs. But nurses get unlimited overtime. When you have over 20 years experience and a bachelor's degree but not In nursing RGH will start you out at minimum wage. What a slap in the face.
Pros
nice people
Cons
half hour lunch on a 12 hr shift and pay sucks
A typical day
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2015
Transports equipment and supplies by picking-up requisitioned orders; delivering them to assigned treatment areas and patient care areas. Enhances health care organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not really any cons
Professional
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Wonderful healthcare environment with great management and security. Great opportunities for advancement. While it is a hospital open 24/7, there various schedules that will accommodate all needs for a balanced work schedule.
Pros
multiple areas to grow
Cons
hours