Rochester General Hospital Employee Reviews

Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Daily I work at one of four different stations. Each one has specific responsibilities. Working in the emergency department means I must be very flexible, compassionate, and willing to learn everyday. I have many co-workers and I must say that I get along with everyone. The hardest part of my job is when the facility is above capacity and under staffed. At the end of the day, I know I've given my best and worked my hardest; that's the most enjoyable part of my job.
Phelbotomis
Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2014
Loved workinig with my fellow phlebs, the genuinly cared for the people that came for blood draw.

Kids are a challenge, several of the phelbs could easily put them at ease to do the draw.

THey helped when ever there was a challenging draw.
High energy and productive workflow
Central Bed Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: everyone brings food in for holidays and birthdays
Cons: some days to busy to eat properly.
Stressful but enjoyable. I have learned to manage my time, multie task and find a happy medium for all.
I enjoy working with my co-workers, a lot of personalities but we balance each other and we work well together.
The hardest part is trying to accommodate everyone's needs, but we manage to get it done.
The most enjoyable part is at the end of the day accomplishing the goals set from the beginning of the shift.
Lost in the shuffle
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: the people !
Cons: management is poor !
Unfortunately, the institution loses it's employees in the shuffle. Management refuses to spend money on training it's employees to do their job, and managers do not recognize a job well done. It is really a shame, because there are so many dedicated employees. Typical attitude of management is to look out for themselves and not foster a team environment.
tries very hard for a team atmosphere
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2014
Worked two 8 hr and two 12 hr rotating shifts. Co-workers were wonderful and worked together well as a team. Loved working with patients and their families to overcome new challenges in their lives.
Good place to Work
Patient care Tech (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: can become overwhelming.
Friendly place to work, everyone is helpful. A typical day is filled with assisting nurses and doctors who all have one common goal, to help the patient
Labor and Delivery (C-section side)
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: the hospital as a whole seemed like a good place.
Cons: stressful, not unified, management seems disconnected
A very stressful work environment. I did not feel supported by management or co-workers. I did not even meet anyone from management until I had worked there three weeks. Nurses would get into screaming matches in the break room. Management seemed like they were very out of touch. There was feuding between the natural delivery side and the post op. C-section side. I never worked with so many unhappy people in my life. I never heard of a floor having such fast turn over. I heard stories of mistakes that were made that lead to newborns being injured of killed. I would never deliver there.
Large hospital setting with multiple lateral or advancement in position
RN cardiac step down (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Good over all place to work. Lager setting that can feel overwhelming at times. New staff frequently and training was usually done on the job by already over stressed staff nurses etc.
emergency np
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2014
working with new environment and fast pace work flow. with complex medical emergencies.
RGH
Access Associate (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 10, 2014
I enjoy ,my job at RGH. RGH treats their employees pretty good and the organization is always coming up and holding different events to make it a "Team". I see that they try to make everyone and their jobs feel as important as the next.
Hard yet rewarding job
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2014
-Great benefits
-Loving and caring culture
-Strong company values
-Many career opportunities
One of the most depressing places to work
Pharmacy (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2014
Pros: enjoy the work.
Cons: human resources department is a joke, they support evil management.
RGH could be a great place to work if it were not for the "Good ole Boys" type management.
High paced supportive environment
Registered Nurse- Clinician III (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
LOVED my job at RGH. Worked in a high paced setting, but felt that I had plenty of support from my coworkers if I needed it at any point during my day.
Part time Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: a great learning experience
Cons: i was working 2 jobs and the hours were long.
My job at Rochester General was a great learning experience. I was trained on medical terms and was able to learn alot about the medical field.
it was a job
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Rochester, New YorkAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: treated poorly
management has their own agenda and doesn't listen to their employees. No communication flow between departments. Rochester New York
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2014
Working at RGH requires a team-player. The imaging staff developed into a great team who cared about each other and work along side one another to provide the best patient care possible.

Patients come first at RGH!

Direct supervision at RGH is excellent, some disconnect exists with management above the supervisory level. Promotions within the department to advanced modalities can be difficult to get.
dirty work envirnment
Emergency nurse (Former Employee), Rochester N.Y.August 22, 2014
Pros: coffee cart discount
Cons: never enough staff
although I learned many skills it was not where I wanted to be,I transferred to Genesee Hospital to work in there emergency department.
Great Emergency Room
Nurse-Emergency Department (Former Employee), rochester , New YorkAugust 13, 2014
Pros: team envionment
This emergency room is one of the best that I have worked at. The doctors and nurses have high integety,
Great place to work and learn
Senior Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: worked together as a team
Cons: no breaks
This was the hardest job I ever had but at the same time the one I loved the most! We worked together as a team, teaching and learning where and when needed from staff and co-workers.
great people to work with
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 1, 2014
Great place to work.

Enjoyed brewing coffee each day, giving out the daily specials for lunch.

Enjoyed talking to people from all different occupations.

Most of all i enjoyed the people I work with.