Rochester General Hospital Employee Reviews

PACE program growing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Although it was a rough start when I got to RGH/ElderOne, it has improved dramatically over the last 3 years. The combination of good leadership and the influx of high skilled nurses has resulted in a major shift in the culture there.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Care Technician, Cardiac Arrest Unit (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Fast paced and very busy unit. Always helping patients, discharging and receiving them. Learned how to manage skills such as bloodwork phlebotomy, read vital signs and perform EKGs.
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
Short Breaks
Fast pace and always new knowledge acquired.
Patient Care Technician/ Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2017
The day at RGh was very past paced. Everyday was a new learning experience and never a dull moment. Lots of team work. Manager we're always availed for discussion. The most difficult part was not being able to give all the attention you would like to your patients due to my vacation gn at fast pace.
fun and exciting place to work, like a big work family
Emergency Room Technician Level 5/Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
It was always exciting going in to work, I gained a lot of experience in the ER, the staff was so appreciative of all the techs. Management was very respectful and friendly
Pros
free lunches
a teaching company to work for
PCT (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 30, 2017
a typical day at my job is meeting new people every day. The hardest part of my job is when I get close to a patient or family and the patient dies. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and there is always room for growth
Pros
room for growth
Cons
12 hour days
Fun work place
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2017
Well it's a good place to work and you get paid great you get a lot of breaks you barely get calls so when you don't have calls you can just sit and relax
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Breaks to short
Clinical Nutrition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2017
Generous paid time off. Great benefits. The doctors I work with are fabulous. No bid egos. They respect and rely on the work that I do. There is a team culture.
Good working environment in Physical Therapy Department
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2017
PT assistants at RGH rotate every three months between treating patients at bedside and working in the PT Gym with orthopedic patients. PT assistants are expected to produce 22 units of billable PT treatments every day but this is not always possible when the PT census is low. For the most part management has been very responsive in assisting me to have a good work-life balance. The hardest parts of this job is trying to achieve the expected productivity goal each day and dealing with the unrealistic expectations of some physicians regarding their patients' mobility issues. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job is working with patients and helping them achieve their mobility goals so they can go back home and resume their lives after being in the hospital. Another enjoyable aspect of my job is working with the New Vision and Youth Apprentice Students in our department and coordinating observation hours for students who hope to become physical therapists.
Pros
Good benefits, off street parking, Wellness Center, supportive co-workers
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities for PT assistants
love it
Specimen Management Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2017
I love working in the lab. I see so many interesting things without the stress of being up there in the operating rooms. Working in Pathology is a challenging job, but also rewarding. I've had some of the best bosses working in the lab setting and I'm so thankful for that.
Fun place to work. People I worked with were great!
Facilities Technician II Skilled (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 8, 2017
Most of my work at Rochester General was per diem work. Filled in for employees for vacation, sickness, etc. Work varied from doing rounds to covering on calls etc. Management was fine and easy to get along with.
Pros
Great training and learning new things
Cons

Want to know more about Rochester General Hospital?

Ask a question
Opinion of work
Valet (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2017
Health care facility environment, interaction with people on a day to day basis could go from very happy to very sad.The employees and supervisor were a pleasure to work with.
Rgh
Labor and Delivery Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2017
Typical hospital setting. Can be very chaotic and disorganized. The most enjoyable part to the job were the people you met and peers you worked with day to day,
challenging but rewarding
Chemotherapy Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2017
Working in Oncology can be very challenging at times. At times it is very depressing but also rewarding as it gives a new perception on life and makes you want to live life to the fullest. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients. The hardest part is when patients pass away.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
longer vacation time
Productive and professional environment
Food and Nutrition Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 2, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Rochester General Hospital. It was a fast paced job so 8 hours went by quickly. It was multi-tasking which I enjoy. We always worked as a team and I was happy to be a part of that. Customer service is important to me and I was able to excel the opportunity in this area. It was only because I moved out of state that I left the job and that was a difficult decision to make. I would recommend Rochester General to anybody interested
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low hourly pay.
Busy, but kept the day moving quickly.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2017
It is important to keep in mind that I have not worked for RGH since 2011 as a full time employee and since 2012 as a per diem employee.

I enjoyed my time there and only left due to the distance I was driving every day.
oversee clinic operations
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2017
We serve over 190 participants at the ElderOne Emerson clinic.
The clinic provides wound care and other clinical needs as they present. Over half the population we serve have Dementia, I am currently certified in Dementia training and work along side providers and the Day Center Manager to care for the needs of the participants.
Crazy hours with people who care
Unit Secretary Senior (Current Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentJune 16, 2017
An emergency department is a 24 hour operation. You may get crazy hours but you will be working with people who handle patients at their worst. The environment is clean and co-workers are genial.
Pros
Good compensation. Comprehensive benefits.
Cons
Pay for own parking. Expensive health insurance.
Loved it
LPN Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2017
Really enjoyed everything about working there was fresh grad from nurse school and able to use many skills that we learned and apply it to patient care. Had a great team to work with able to grow in my nursing skills and knowledge.
lots of work
Patient care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 12, 2017
You work wiith a great team but you are under staffed a lot and it tends to get stressful. People friendly to patients and good team of people to work with.
patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2017
loved being pct however did not love the lack of financial pay, i worked so hard and cared so much for what i was doing. flexible hours, great co workers and managers just not a liveable paycheck
Pros
rewarding
Cons
pay