Rochester Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Student Computer Lab Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 9, 2017
RIT is a fantastic school. The deaf community on campus is great and its really cool how the deaf and hearing integrate on campus and interact with one another. Good place to workin for part time while I was student and graduated there. The school is friendly co-workers and flexible schedule.
organized and enjoyable workspace
Student inventory control specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2017
This was just a job as a student at this school. My position is not available unless attending R.I.T. As a student it was a very nice job that I was able to work around my schedule.
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2017
Good and a nice place to work, has a lot of prospect of getting to the top of the list in best universities. Supportive faculty who give an opportunity to do paid research.
Productive and fun workplace. Learnt a lot
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2017
Learnt about -
Time management
Importance of work-life balance
How to meet expectations of professor
Public speaking
Discipline while teaching undergrads
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lot of co-ordination required
Rit
Intern/Interim Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2017
RIT is a place where brilliant minds assemble and collaborate, where they pool together their individual talents across disciplines in service of big ideas and creative solutions. It is a vibrant community teeming with students collaborating with experts and specialists: a hub of innovation and creativity. It is an intersection of disciplines, a launching pad for a brilliant career, and a highly unique state of mind.
It is a perfect environment in which to pursue your passion. Here, the future is envisioned each day. And remade each day after.
Great Benefits, No Advancement
Senior Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2017
Great company, great benefits, great work-life balance. Each department is different, but overall there is little room for advancement. Very lazy culture, difficult to get anything done. Poor management, no consistency or accountability.
Pros
Great Benefits: Sick Days, Vacation, Health Insurance, Retirement
Cons
Difficult to Advance, Poor Management, Inconsistent Policies and Procedures
Good people. Super disorganized
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2017
Needs to fix major problems with how things are run but there are good people at RIT. Always a lot of redundant paper work to fill out to get anything done.
Very good place to work
PR & Marketing (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 20, 2017
Excellent work environment. Very friendly environment. Great place to work. Good work culture, very helpful working staff. Feels amazing to be a part of such a workplace.
Good research opportunities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 15, 2017
Good work ethics and many opportunities in different areas of research. Gives a good exposure to learn and implement new technologies
Quirky place to work
Manager of Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 11, 2017
RIT is one of Rochester's top employers, and I enjoy its combination of professionalism and relaxed atmosphere. As a marketing communications professional, I have been able to play a key role in telling the story of the university's College of Science.

Want to know more about Rochester Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
Good research work
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2017
I am a student working on a personal project which found interest in other Departments, as a Graduate Research Assistant. As long as progress is maintained I am free to work as I prefer.
Learning Assistant for Gen. & Analytical Chem (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJanuary 18, 2017
The learning assistant program is a great opportunity with decent pay, however limited hours. The head of the program is great and very helpful in making sure you are happy with your job. It is also a great opportunity for networking.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2017
Worked all day and learned about many different things. Management was good! Co-workers were friendly! Hardest part was communicating. Enjoyable-FUN!!
Good place to study
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  RochesterJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to study and work. Peaceful environment. Worked as the research assistant on artificial neural network. Also a TA in digital system design lab
Wonderful
Interpreter/Translator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Wonderful place to work and a great sense of community. Would be very sad to leave this place. It's also nice to only work 10 months during the year and have time to travel
Health education
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2017
As much as we have to teach the students how to navigate and be advocates for themselves and their health, I learn something new all the time. We all have a common goal of wanting our students to be well physically and mentally.
Camp Counselor Assistant
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Assisted in daily monitoring including waking up students for daily routines and followed a daily schedule which stated activities planned for that day
Great place
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Worked as a Student Lab Instructor. Excellent place to work. People were great, really got to know my professors and students. All around excellent experience and became great friends with other SLI's.
Working at RIT was fun. It involved creative freedom and encouragement for newer design processes. Less pressure gets more work done.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 26, 2016
A typical day would begin by 9:30-10 am and would end by 6 pm. I was a member of team Lily Pad. Lily Pad is a system of interactive modules designed for children with varying developmental disabilities such as Autism and Down syndrome. Just in the U.S, one in every 68 children has autism and 1 in every 6 has some sort of developmental challenges. These children have the tendency to get easily distracted by their surroundings and daily activities, such as walking down hallways is challenging. Therapists have to put a lot of effort to catch the child’s attention and our goal is to design a system that will guide and engage these children in their daily activities. The team has designed each module with sensorial textures, light and sound outputs.
Management was supportive and followed up with teams via a weekly meeting. We followed SCRUM process and each project went through various iterations. My co-workers and I followed the utmost level of professionalism. Each did their part and coordination was an integral part of the working environment.
I started learning how to gather data for business canvas model. Hardest part would be to combine design, engineering and business together and maintain balance. On the contrary, that was the most interesting part too.
Tech Rep
Tier Two Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 25, 2016
It was a great place to work get your work done, you had to be able to multitask and work through somethings with little to no help.
Pros
Great job, laid back, great boss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4