Rochester Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Henrietta, new yorkAugust 25, 2015
Fun work to place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. An awesome place to work.
Anyplace better than here
FMS Custodian (Current Employee), RochesterAugust 20, 2015
Pros: great benfits
Cons: horriable Department
they always encourage you to expand and explore new learning opportunities.But Limit the amount of growth.T he Supervisors are rude and disrespectful .But by all means RIT is a beautiful place its 1st class in the atmosphere. The people you would service are great.The pay stanks but if you are looking just to get by and make coins instead of dollars . apply for the FMS department they sure will take you.
Fun workplaces, easy to pick up multiple shifts
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Kept skills honed and got a discounted rate on food, good pay for a student
At RIT, I worked at a cafeteria and as a teaching assistant. Both jobs payed above the state's minimum wage and the cafeteria offered advancement to become a manager. My hours as a teaching assistant were very few and allowed my to get my school work done, which I usually did after a shift or during a break while working at the cafeteria. My coworkers and managers were all very casual, fun people. As a teaching assistant I cemented and kept fresh my understanding of circuit design and analysis as well as equipment maintenance (bench supplies, oscilloscopes, etc).

All-in-all, very good student jobs.
A great environment in a future-looking group
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2015
working at RIT was a great experience. I was surrounded by bright individuals who were also forward-looking. New ideas were encouraged and rapid feedback was provided
Very productive & challenging environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, New YorkJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Development of research knowledge
Cons: Not any
Being a research assistant at American Packaging lab in Rochester Institute of Technology is very enthusiastic & very productive place to work with. This research facility is Open 24 x 7 but usually people works from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.

While being a Project lead for one of my dream project under RIT Packaging research department, I have learned lots of technical things & developed a core packaging development skills. The most challenging and very interesting part is Innovation with sustainable development which is the basic important global market need from environment perspective.

Management at RIT is very supportive and very encouraging. whenever you have any query or you have any new concept in your mind, Professors are the best people to interact with and you will never return unsatisfied.

Since its a research environment everybody around me is engaged in their respective research work but otherwise we all have fun time together after our work hours and who wouldn't like to have foodie and cooperative colleagues??

The hardest part of this research job was when my project was at beginning stage when all the theoretical part was done but I was lagging due to unavailability of the work instruments and development of all the project apparatus gave me really hard time.

The most enjoyed part of my work was when my research work was highly appreciated by President of RIT and my project got research funding from one of the leading company in USA
Interesting Place
Mailroom Courier (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free gym use
Very secretive on decisions to make changes within a department which leads to the rumor mill running rampant. Unhappy department atmosphere.
Java Grader (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: Various perceptions
Cons: -
Grading assignments and reviewing the students code help me revise my Java programming skills every day. Everyone has their Logic and knowing various perceptions helped a lot.
Engineering Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Any hours I wanted
Cons: No benefits
I would analyze data from excel. This data was based on surveys taken by the students. I had to organize the data and then analyze the answers of the students. From these answers I had to give ideas to resolve problems the students have given.
Excellent Learning Atmosphere, Huge Campus
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 9, 2015
Friendly and Helpful people. Encouraging work environment.

Learned team work, leadership and responsibilities.

It has been quite a experience studying in the Rochester Institute of technology.

Great staff and helpful professors who guides student to achieve their dreams and pursue their goals.
Good R&D Experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 9, 2015
It was a great 4 months working with BorgWarner. A good learning Experience. Got a chance to work with pretty experienced preofessionals.
decent college
Graduate Student Worker (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 7, 2015
not a lot of work,workload depends on the prof you are assigned to.
Decent compensation,better than working in the dining areas.
Productive and fun workplace
Nutrition Management Student (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 5, 2015
I worked at Lori's Natural Foods for five years. Working here motivated me to pursue a degree in Nutrition Management. I made friends working here that I still keep in touch with. I absolutely loved my General Manager who is fair and tough at the same time. She motivated me to be my best everyday.
Informative job life
Course Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good learning along with assigned tasks
Cons: No bad side at all
Designed the course structure
Made course material
Assign and help professor in grading submissions.

Since it is a course structure involving intense Design Pattern learning. Being a course assistant for that course helped me learn a lot of design pattern concept
Flexible and Friendly
Research Assistant (Software Development) (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible timings, Friendly Manager
- Got to work on developing a new application independently with regular reviews by the Professor on usability and requirements.
- Flexible timings and very friendly environment where we shared views on lot of different topics apart from work.
Meet students and help set up computer/printer
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Meet students, teaching sign language
Cons: quiet computer lab with no students
Computer lab is fun job
Meet students make new friends
Help student how to use Microsoft office
Clean desk, computer, and printer ink
Lock out computer lab room end of shift
Teach sign language how to say Thank you
Graduate student worker
Accounting & Finance Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 2, 2015
Worked as an assistant for a professor. Main jobs include article research, data processing, and reference editing. Great work experience and flexible work time.
Great place to balance work and school work
Biology Stockroom Attendant, LTA (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 1, 2015
Very easy to get to know people as a support staff member for the School of Life Sciences. Stockroom attendants have a lot of down time which allows plenty of time for doing homework and the bosses treat you well and respect you.
very orginized work place
Computer Camp (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch everyday
Cons: Only a summer opportunity
assembling a computers hard and software and learning about each parts significance to the computer was truly a great learning experience for me I carry the knowledge to this day
Month long tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
I tutored the intersession batch of students taking Foundations of Computer Science Theory course. I helped out with the design of the coursework and working with students for a better understanding of the subject. The hardest part of the job was to accommodate students with doubts and questions about the course as the course was very fast paced and much material was needed to be covered during the course time.
I had my own hours.
Teaching Assistant - Music Theory (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: Pick my own hours, good pay for the work I did
Cons: Homework became progressively more difficult, i.e. more difficult to grade
I was able to grade papers and help students at my leisure. As long as I punched in and out during reasonable times and got the graded homework in each week I was good.