About the Job
Job Title: Sales/Office Manager Medical Laser Center
Where: Southeast Michigan, Rochester Hills
We are seeking an experienced Sales/Office Manager for an established Medical Laser Center. This progressive and innovative medical office provides cosmetic laser services such as tattoo removal, laser hair removal, microdermabrasion, laser facials, wrinkle reduction and other anti-aging treatments. In addition we will be offering holistic medical services including IV vitamin therapy, acupuncture and bio-identical hormone therapy provided by our Double Board Certified, Medical Director.
The Ideal Applicant:
We prefer someone from the cosmetic or dermatologic medical industry but this is not a requirement. The ideal applicant will have an “owner’s type mentality” as this is going to be "your" baby. Having knowledge of what is required to establish a new entity and develop sales and cash flow is a must.
The ideal candidate presents herself well, is excellent on the phone, has outstanding interpersonal skills, is a good listener and is open minded as we expect all of our staff to engage in the services we offer so that each member of our staff can share first hand experiences with callers and our current clientele.
The ideal candidate is expected to be dependable, responsible, and be able to multi-task in the setting of a growing new industry with high demand. The Sales/Office Manager will be the driving force working directly for and assisting the owner of this exciting new enterprise in developing the first of several future progressive laser cosmetic and holistic medical clinics. The office is a brand new, professionally decorated, upscale, medical facility located in beautiful Rochester Hills, MI. Our clients are primarily upper middle class and affluent women seeking cosmetic anti-aging and holistic medical services in a very prestigious setting. We seek an individual who is familiar with creating a good team atmosphere and is an excellent problem solver. We expect the ideal candidate to be accountable and be able to set and meet measurable financial goals.
This outstanding “ground up” opportunity will be offered to a highly motivated, intelligent, fashionable, affable and well educated individual. Our company prefers someone with a track record of management experience which includes telephone and sales ability. She should have knowledge of marketing, cross marketing, internal as well as external marketing. Having knowledge of web site management, optimization and client software tracking such as Salon Transcripts is not required but would be a plus. The ability to maintain bookkeeping, produce P&L reports as well as managing the day to day operations of a business will be a job requirement.
Pay will be exactly as it is for the business owner(s), performance based with a negotiable minimum base salary and medical benefits to be determined. Pay for our Sales/Office Manager is expected to exceed $80,000 per year in the first year according to projections. See Compensation Package below.
The ideal candidate has experience as a manager in a sales environment (such as a department store, boutique clothing store, make-up, cosmetic counter, a coffee shop or even medical office manager where cash sales have been a primary source of revenue. While a medical background or experience would be beneficial, it is not a requirement for this job.
This is a cash based business model and this is not a traditional doctors’ office
in the traditional sense. We will not be engaging in billing third party payers nor will insurances be a significant source of revenue. We are not seeking a medical biller or a traditional physicians office manager.
Skills and Experience – The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following:
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills (required)
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills (required)
- Knowledge of ones limitations and shortcomings (required).
- Must have significant experience in managing a retail sales business or a cash based medical Sales and General Sales/Sales/Office Manager Manager environment.
- Understands the concept of marketing & cross marketing.
- Understands internal as well as external marketing strategies and how marketing differs from advertisement.
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and internet navigation, web site management and optimization.
- Experience running monthly reports including P&L as well as determining the drivers P&L. Can develop ROI for our investments and marketing expenditures.
- Previous experience with Salon Transcripts® or similar tracking and internal marketing software would be an advantage but not required. an internal marketing and tracking tool (software) would be a plus.
- Will be prepared to deal with clients who will likely want to bill their own insurance companies for services obtained at our offices.
- Must be a self starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to set measurable goals and be able to accomplish those goals in a timely manner.
- An undergraduate college degree is preferred but we expect a qualified applicant to have earned her High School Diploma or GEQ. Advanced education & certifications are a plus.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package which will include a base salary plus an individual monthly incentive plan, a year end profit sharing bonus, as well as a negotiable benefits package including medical and dental coverage. Other benefits including paid time off will be negotiated at the time of interview.
We seek to fill this position immediately. We are flexible in terms of a transition period for the currently employed applicant who wishes to provide their current employer with adequate notice. A reasonable time would be 2 weeks from the time the applicant is offered and accepts the position.
How to Apply:
All applicants wishing to be considered for this position must include a brief personal statement summarizing why they feel they are uniquely qualified for this career opportunity. After review of an applicants personal statement and their resume, a personal interview will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
Note: Applicants submitting a resume without a personal statement or a cover letter with information relating to their training and experience and how it relates to this position will not be considered.
Applicants may apply by any of their following methods
1) Faxing a cover letter and resume to 248- 626-6691
2) Mail a cover letter/personal statement and their resume to Medical Director, Rochester Laser and Wellness Center, 1349 South Rochester Road, Suite #130, Rochester Hills, Michigan 48307
3) Respond to this posting