Rochester Midland Corporation Employee Reviews

bad place to work, avoid to stay from them believe me
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
I can tell you that they will lie you when you are going to be hired and give you the sky and the moon by telling you they are a family-oriented company, that's completely the opposite!!!
Pros
no one
Cons
really all
Easy going
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCSeptember 6, 2017
The company is fantastic, MOST everyone here is amazing. I just do not agree with them keeping slack employees when the rest of us are busting our hind ends and one in particular is able to come in any time, and use lame excuses for anything and has had no discipline. It's still a great place to work.
Benefis and Car allowance were insufficient
Water Treatment Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 6, 2017
They will have trouble attracting and keeping workers in my previous position. Car allowance is poor. Reimbursement is below par. Insurance benefits are weak with employee paying majority of benefits.
a vary productive work place
Label production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work is Always busy. At work I have learned how to work with different people. I get along with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is lifting the boxes.
Do NOT work win Purchasing!!
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYAugust 4, 2016
Worst manager ever! Purchasing Department has experienced incredible turnover the past few years. Upper Management and HR has been made aware that Department Manager is a problem, yet nothing is done. Saying that people skills are lacking is an understatement.

Ownership is very nice, but seem to overlook the obvious changes that could make them a much more profitable company. They seem to accept failure after failure from those in Upper Management. (Sales and Marketing)
Good job and good immediate supervision
Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 29, 2015
The individual positions were properly structured which made for a good work environment; however, there were too many occasions when procedures were altered to suit management.
Pros
Positions were faily structured.
Cons
Too many occasions when procedures were altered to suit management.
It was a great company to work for but they moved the GA location to NC.
Customer Service/Finance (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 10, 2015
I was responsible for customer service, A/R, A/P and Tax matters. I learned a lot about customer service from this job as it was one of my first industrial type customer service jobs. Management was great and down to earth including upper management. My co-workers were like family. There was not hard part of the job. I enjoyed going to work every day.
How they remain in business is beyond me!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
They have been in business for over 100 years, yet can barely generate a profit. They have great products, but do not understand how to treat their sales people, or how important a stable sales force is. They don't approve of customer entertainment, whether it is a nice dinner or golf, etc. They claim to be a family oriented business, but the family is cold and heartless. They will not survive under the current management.

My job was eliminated by the Regional Manager so he could cut his costs, improve his profitablility and make the annual company cruise
Pros
Product line
Cons
Terrible benefits; no tech support; no concept of selling in competitive environment
started out small but grew too big and corporate like.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 30, 2012
fun place to work--got along with everyone i developed products and got to watch there sucess in the marketplace.
It is a wonder they stay in business with the interaction of management and employee.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2012
Not enjoyable to work there. Few people were enjoyable to work with. Very confusing as to their direction in the marketplace. Management not trustworthy and not fun to work with many of them. Hardest part of the job is knowing what products will be dropped or kept.
Pros
i did not need to move to be employed there.
Cons
direction the company is moving.
Sent merchandise sdown elevator for stock
Group Leader / Product Pack (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2012
Typical day loading machines with product, wrapping skids for stock.
Good Place to work
Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 25, 2012
I enjoyed my job at RMC and even when the economy was down, they still held everyone's job. Great family oriented company and flex time was a plus. They do care for their people.
Pros
new facility, good people
Cons
top heavy privately-owned company management