Rochester Midland Corporation

Rochester Midland Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

It was a great company to work for but they moved the GA location to NC.
Customer Service/Finance (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 10, 2015
I was responsible for customer service, A/R, A/P and Tax matters. I learned a lot about customer service from this job as it was one of my first industrial type customer service jobs. Management was great and down to earth including upper management. My co-workers were like family. There was not hard part of the job. I enjoyed going to work every day.
How they remain in business is beyond me!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2014
They have been in business for over 100 years, yet can barely generate a profit. They have great products, but do not understand how to treat their sales people, or how important a stable sales force is. They don't approve of customer entertainment, whether it is a nice dinner or golf, etc. They claim to be a family oriented business, but the family is cold and heartless. They will not survive under the current management.

My job was eliminated by the Regional Manager so he could cut his costs, improve his profitablility and make the annual company cruise
Pros
product line
Cons
terrible benefits; no tech support; no concept of selling in competitive environment
It is a wonder they stay in business with the interaction of management and employee.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 8, 2012
Not enjoyable to work there. Few people were enjoyable to work with. Very confusing as to their direction in the marketplace. Management not trustworthy and not fun to work with many of them. Hardest part of the job is knowing what products will be dropped or kept.
Pros
i did not need to move to be employed there.
Cons
direction the company is moving.
Sent merchandise sdown elevator for stock
Group Leader / Product Pack (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2012
Typical day loading machines with product, wrapping skids for stock.
Good Place to work
Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 25, 2012
I enjoyed my job at RMC and even when the economy was down, they still held everyone's job. Great family oriented company and flex time was a plus. They do care for their people.
Pros
new facility, good people
Cons
top heavy privately-owned company management