Rochester Public Schools

Rochester Public Schools United States Employee Reviews

I love working with children.
Early Childhood Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: summer break
Cons: can not afford the health insurance coverage if you work less that 30 hrs per week
Most enjoyable part is that you work with the children. The hardest part was when I started the job . There was no training and you were expected to be the expert how to handle a defiant child. There are up and down moments but I always look at the bright side to make the work enjoyable.
Best Place to Work
Bilingual Specialist/Migrant Liaison (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJune 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, support from district, flexible, lots of training
My time at Rochester Public Schools was wonderful. I learned so much and met lifelong friends. Teachers, support staff and administrators. It did not feel like work, although there were busy times during conferences and other events.The students made it all worth while.
Good Insights
Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 12, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: impersonal outsider feel
I was paraprofessional in two High Schools. I had several different assignments from outdoor smoking monitor, parking lot supervision to hall monitor. I enjoyed the youth a great deal. However the role I had was less that satisfying for me. It was also a part time position that ended from management direction. As a paraprofessional you are a go between from management to kids to teachers. In a lot of ways it was invigorating. But mostly it was just watching for problems, delivering messages, keeping order, and intervening when problems occurred. It was good to see the public schools from this perspective.
Company with advancement
Guidance Secretary (Current Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 7, 2014
Was a gret healthcare setting. Teamwork was a must and needed to work together to get things accomplished. Management could use some tips on leadership qualities.
the work is great, most of the people are great, but the politics & the good old boyisum is bad.
Electrical Foreman/Master Electrician (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 1, 2013
you pick-up the work-order then leave to go do the work. I learned to not trust co-workers if you work for a boss that promotes spying and back stabbing to stay informed. That is the hardest part of the job. I really enjoyed the work and most of the people.
very poor management
Teacher (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no admin support for teachers
Principals single teachers out for harassment and firing.
Very poor discipline in schools.
No administrative back up for schools
my principal was a bully

April 17, 2013

Have you done research on bullying in the workplace? Check out this web site: WBI - Workplace Bullying Institute. That says it all. There needs to be laws stopping bullying in the workplace.

Great environment and working conditions
secretary (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 30, 2012
Pros: great school system
Cons: on call/not permanent work
I hadn't worked much with the Rochester schools, although the time I did it was a pleasant place to work. The person's job that I had filled in for was well organized and easy to follow. I was able to work independently with no problems whatsoever.
Great area, great people, wonderful working conditions.
Secretary (Former Employee), Rochester MIJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: none that i can think of
I truly cannot comment much for the Rochester Public Schools. I worked as a contingent with the Board of Education and only worked for a short while once we moved into our new home. Then shortly after I had my little girl and no longer worked. Although, the short time I did work I was given a long term assignment, which I appreciated rather than being called everyday for odds and ends jobs. The people were great, the human resource department was very accommodating. I would love to be part of their team once, again.